[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Facing consequences for my actions is railroading >Being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 616815687_preview_1454628003063.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
616815687_preview_1454628003063.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
>Facing consequences for my actions is railroading
>Being outmatched by an enemy is railroading
>NPC's not bending over backwards to aid me is railroading
>The DM not telling me everything about my surroundings and expecting me to investigate is railroading
>Everything I don't like is railroading

Why are so many people unaware of what railroading actually means?
>>
>>54743563
Because, like almost anything here, it's become a buzzword
>>
This thread is railroading. Please respect my player agency, OP.
>>
>>54743563
Because many people mistake freedom of action with freedom from consequences. I make sure to let my players know that if that act like retarded murderhobos in game they'll be treated as such by people in game too.
>>
>>54743611
Your player agency is infringing on my player agency, please leave.
>>
>>54743563
Because longtime RPG players are used to being catered to so they turn into entitled twatdonkeys.
>>
File: GMing is suffering 3.png (777KB, 869x310px) Image search: [Google]
GMing is suffering 3.png
777KB, 869x310px
>>54743563
Have you tried not playing DnD or with the kinds of people who only ever played DnD?
OK, that's not fair, bless the ones who are actually trying something else.
>>
File: TrackInTheSand1.3.pdf (902KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
TrackInTheSand1.3.pdf
902KB, 1x1px
>>54743563
>Why are so many people unaware of what railroading actually means?
Because they haven't read our pdf.
>>
>>54743563
Is this to be a... That Guy thread? Fluctuation of the... assrage? Cranial vein dilation of the so-called Tard Response? Involuntary loss of shit!
>>
>>54743611
>>54744160
This kinda feels like the ancap ball NAP thing.
>>
>>54743563
Overall I agree with the point you are trying to make, however on this one in specific
>>The DM not telling me everything about my surroundings and expecting me to investigate is railroading
I don't. You should assume the party investigates every room to the best of their ability unless there is some other factor at play (time, monster attack, they trigger a trap, etc.).
>>
>>54744717
>You should assume the party investigates every room to the best of their ability
Doesn't work. If you do that and then tell the players that while searching the room they triggered a trap of some kind, these same types will whine that they TOTALLY WEREN'T SEARCHING NOT FAIR RAILROADING.
>>
>>54744717
Why are you assuming the party does things? They declare their actions, not you. Quit being shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.