[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next session my PCs will assemble in front of a Teavern in Baldurs'gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Next session my PCs will assemble in front of a Teavern in Baldurs'gate and depart the city this way. What sort of things should they meet on this path? How do I reflect Baldurs' Gate just with this short journey?

thanks
>>
>>54743072
I can't help and that's exactly what bothers me about FR: all this detailed crap and nothing to fill your actual game with.
>>
>>54743072
alot of rape, not just one, not just two, but more rape than there is sand in the dessert
>>
>>54743204
OP here.

But places like /tg/ can give you such splendid ideas. I'd like go beyond "vendors, groups of Glaming fist, groups of adventurers, flirty wench on a doorstep" cliche.

One of the things I have already is a druid with a bonsai growing out of his neck and shoulder with his pet boar size of a small house. Such things.
>>
File: IMG_5480.jpg (184KB, 786x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5480.jpg
184KB, 786x576px
Alright friendo, let's fucking talk. I'm currently running an 8 month campaign ported to fifth edition of the module Murder in Baldur's Gate which I've modified to carry my players from levels 1-10. As you would imagine, It is set in Baldur's Gate, the module is where your screenshot came from.

>>Upper City
A place of wealth and privilege. The nobles live in the southern area, rich and grand estates of varying sizes. This area is controlled by the watch and noble retainers. The father North you go, the less noble the nobles are, but still very wealthy. The large area is called "The Wide", it's a gigantic open space for festivals and is normally a enormous bazaar/market deal.

>>Lower City
This is your general population. The area is populated with shops, docks, lamplads, workers, accountants, vagrants. Everything you imagine medieval city life to be. Some areas are nicer, some are run down. The harbors are a bit seedy. Most folk are genuinely okay. The area is controlled by the Flaming Fist, the city's mercenary army and guard. Tight, effective, judicial.

>>Outer City
The shitholes of shitholes. Think every edgy dystopian medieval setting. The streets are literal mud and shit. The people all beggars or workers lucky to see coin for a day's work. The area is ruthlessly owned by the Thieve's Guild, fairly ruthless and thuggish crew. Orphans, dying sick people, general thuggery.

>>Little Calimshan
Calishite immigramts reside here. Closed off, tight knit community. Think Arabic. Ethnic and cautious group, they keep their walled oasis to themselves.

>>Wyrm's Crossing
Military hold of the Flaming Fist. Major checkpoint for smuggled weapons, contraband, business. This is their garrison, and is a fairly strict place. The bridge in front of the fortress has houses all over it, rickety and poorly built. Literally hundreds of feet in the air, just Willy nilly. Sometimes they fall off.
>>
Anon here again, same as above.

The class difference is supposed to be INCREDIBLY noticeable. Upper city is Palatial, the outer city is scum. The people in each region act their absolute part.

Play up the injustice, and the economic difference majorly. This is one of the cities greatest notes. Unfair taxes on workers who just want to get home at every gate they must cross. Nobles shitting on orphans. Beggars clamoring at the chance a new face brings.
>>
>>54743294
>>54743309
OP here.

This is all cool, but what I really need is actual events. Small events on their path that reflects the regional feel. In this case we have Lower City, Outer City, Little Calimshan and Wyrms crossing. I've read Adventurers guide to Sword coast and I have some stuff but anything additional would be great.
>>
>>54743072
>my PCs will assemble in front of a Teavern
>>
>>54743374
>I have nothing to contribute, so I'll just smugly point out a typo to make myself feel better

Faggot.
>>
Orphans beg for coin in the outer city, tugging on sleeves and robes. If the adventurers stop, the orphans attempt to pickpocket them.

>>if the sleight of hand goes over their PP
The theft is noted at the Wyrm's Rock Crossing when they are inspected

>>If they spot it
They'll handle it from there. The orphans literally just want food. Make the kid they catch doing the actual act be 5-6, and make him cry. The others leave him. Most players end up feeling bad in my experience.

The line at the Basilisk's Gate (the gate between the Lower and Outer city) is long and exhausting, taking hours to get through, and charging ridiculous taxes for simple passage of person.

>>if your adventures have regional renown or simply look affluent or powerful
They're approached by some common folk that literally just want to get home for the day, and hint that a word from such strong folk could really help the crowd along.

>>if they intervene rather than wait
the toll merchant recognizes their stature or prowess and tries waving just THEM through, they can engage on the crowds behalf too, however they like.

>>Calimshan
Arabic style merchants call out from the gates, fine wines from the south! Silks, the likes of which your woman will love! People walk atop the walls that seperate the small courtyards of the ethnic city, balancing baskets and goods on their head and shoulders, weaving a path in a rooftop roadway system.

>>Lower City
A rich nobleman, his entourage, and his armed retainers take issue with the party when he insists one member just stepped on his coat! How dare they. Intelligence check DC 10 to recall if they did (they didn't).

>>Peaceful resolve, the nobleman can be talked down by smalltalk and praise

>>otherwise
He demands 20g, to repair cloak Lyro D'artille himself wove!

>>if hostile adventures
A duel then! Pick a party member. Leggo, easy fight, the retainers step when the noble loses, and takes him away "sir we need to go, now"
>>
>>54743072
Have you read the Baldur's Gate section of Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast? Don't bother with VGt Baldur's Gate II, that's actually the coasts of Amn and Tethyr, especially Athkatla.
>>
>>54743325
You want someone to write the campaign for you? Where is the fun in that?
>>
>>54743417
OP here.

Thanks man. EXACTLY what I needed.

>>54743429
A ton of fun, when I have top tier ideas to run in my campaign. Big tings, assaults on vilalges and dragon caves are not a problem. Its small things that flesh out the world that are most difficult and precious for me to make.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.