[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys get good character art, is there a good website

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 11

File: 486813_1357992727_large.jpg (348KB, 1161x1626px) Image search: [Google]
486813_1357992727_large.jpg
348KB, 1161x1626px
How do you guys get good character art, is there a good website for fantasy art or a just google character classes?
>>
File: spiky purgee.jpg (82KB, 736x924px) Image search: [Google]
spiky purgee.jpg
82KB, 736x924px
I lurk every character art thread on this board and steal the images from there, just a matter of time really.
>>
>>54739413
first it was by lurking, then it was by going through RPG manuals, after that pintrest, and now I've finally moved on to tumblr.
>>
File: So_c18af0_5596829.jpg (56KB, 596x1000px) Image search: [Google]
So_c18af0_5596829.jpg
56KB, 596x1000px
>>
>>54739413
Deviantart has a lot of it as well, if you find the source artist of a picture on here, you can find related artists from there
>>
>>
File: 5dzrIH1.png (259KB, 298x460px) Image search: [Google]
5dzrIH1.png
259KB, 298x460px
>>54739413
>>
File: 1500488255144.png (599KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1500488255144.png
599KB, 774x1032px
Sorceress I guess?
>>
File: edouard-groult-draelker-pose-90.jpg (362KB, 1203x738px) Image search: [Google]
edouard-groult-draelker-pose-90.jpg
362KB, 1203x738px
>>54739413
My order is like this:

-Google. Try adding "concept art" to what you're looking for, like "musketeer concept art".

-Deviantart. It might require some digging, but there's lots of good fantasy art that might even correspond to quite specific characters like flying viking elves.

-/tg/, you can even make a thread asking for it. Remember to dump about six images to start it though.

-Artstation seems like a smaller deviantart, but I go to it if the first three don't work.

-Conceptartworld and creative uncut are full of good stuff. Pretty much every amazing visual one sees in movies, series, cartoons and games was conceived by a concept artist after all. The problem is searching for something specific on them.

Tags and "more like this" help you out on all these sites. And don't forget to make an archive of images to inspire and might already have what you need.
>>
>>54739413
Google images first. Then deviantart, reddit (based on those "imaginary network" subs), tumblr, and artstation if it's searchable.

Then google image search for the highest resolution.
>>
File: 19.jpg (444KB, 800x836px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
444KB, 800x836px
>>54739413
I got to hentai art site to look for them.
>>
File: Rock Troll Caverns.jpg (111KB, 564x773px) Image search: [Google]
Rock Troll Caverns.jpg
111KB, 564x773px
>>54739413
I know what people will likely say, but in all seriousness, try Pinterest.

It's not a bad image collection site. If you find a thing you like in your feed, right on the image is a button for you to say, "more like this, please."

Image style recognition protocols and keyword tagging helps you sort and filter your content. And it links you directly to the image source, which can help you ID artists whose style you enjoy.

There's an active community of people who pin character art, isometric dungeons, tabletop role-playing pdfs, arms, armor, and magic item arts & crafts projects. Their tastes vary, sure, but they're largely a cut above Redditors, Tumblrettes and their ilk.

They also aren't at all likely to call you a gigantic faggot for the things you enjoy, which happens pretty frequently here.

I love /tg/ because of the Old Guard of posters, who have encyclopaedic knowledge and a wry, clever sense of humor. They're champions of the true spirit of our hobby, and they've helped me find arguably the best content for our hobby that exists, like the Dungeon Dozen blog, and the illustrated crawls of Jason Thompson, and a thousand other things.

But from time to time, /tg/ is awash in a torrent of cruel-spirited, idiotic thieves-of-joy. It's good to take a break from that, and being able to get the content you like from other sites can help.
>>
Often times I use artwork from MtG cards I particularly like. Not to mention the artwork+/artist is really easy to source that way.
>>
>>54739460
I'm you except I already have a folder of 800 pictures
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 1338x1173px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 1338x1173px
>>54739651
Is that a...........meso-American knight? How did I know I didn't want this? Imagine it. Conquistadors invade Aztec land. Get charged by heavy infantry in fucking plate. This needs to be on Alternatehistory.com
>>
>>54739413

Well, start your collection by browsing char art threads on /tg/. Going into an archive site and finding them for two, four, and six years back is useful, too, because people stop posting some good ones because they get posted every single thread and everyone has that one already.

Deviantart is great if you find something good. Then you can find everything by the same artist and all the "related pics" and that's a huge collection right there.

MtG and Legend of the Cryptids have excellent character art, and it's available for download.

Google image search isn't bad, either. My favorite technique is to find a pic I like in a CharArt thread. Then I image search it. Then I look up visually similar pictures and click on the ones I like, then click on the related pics to the right of them. You can go for hours adding good pics that way.
>>
File: edouard-groult-aenoen-iv-90.jpg (378KB, 838x897px) Image search: [Google]
edouard-groult-aenoen-iv-90.jpg
378KB, 838x897px
>>54748280
>>
>>54739651

Seconding Artstation, I typically find higher-quality artwork there.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.