[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How strong do you think would be a modernized and industrialized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: csm_China_Deckbild_01a8505680.jpg (81KB, 770x432px) Image search: [Google]
csm_China_Deckbild_01a8505680.jpg
81KB, 770x432px
How strong do you think would be a modernized and industrialized china?

Alternative WW2.
>>
File: Tizca_City_of_Light.jpg (106KB, 1250x556px) Image search: [Google]
Tizca_City_of_Light.jpg
106KB, 1250x556px
>>54736959
This is /tg/ you fuck.
>>
>>54736999
Not OP, but there's a metric fuckton of alternative WW2 wargames not to mention /tg/ is the ACTUAL history board.

>>54736959
China was pretty much in the same place Russia was, only without the drive to industrialize to participate in the World Wars until Japan forced their hand.

I think before you start asking that though you need to decide on their political state. China for the life of it couldn't stay united around that time.
>>
>>54737099
Well, let's assume that instead of handing over power to Yuan Shikai (and thereby starting the descent into the warlord era), Sun Yat Sen stays president of the Republic of China, manages to keep China united and fend off the initial Japanese incursions during WWI using diplomatic tactics.
>>
>>54736959
I don't think even /tg/ can imagine something so far fetched. Even today 30 million people in China live in caves, they have yet to get all the way out of the Stone Age.
>>
>>54740251
Think about it like this: in historical WW2 China had about a 10:1 numerical superiority over the Japanese, China had superior resources and it had the implicit backing of America from the word go (a big reason why Japan considered expansion in the Pacific is because the Americans boycotted Japan after they declared war on China).

If we assume that a Republican China would be very open to Western influences (according to a quick wiki search Sun Yat Sen was in favor of democracy, free trade and voluntarily converted to Christianity while following his education at a British established school), we could assume it westernizes faster than a China that's constantly divided and infighting.

I don't know exactly how strong it would be, but certainly strong enough to eventually retake Manchuria during WWII, or at the very least give the Nips a very bad time.
>>
File: images.png (7KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 264x191px
kill you're self
>>
>>54742014
*your
>>
>>54741969
China has a population of several billion, so 30 million is a drop in the ocean. It's like saying America is stuck in the early 1800s because Amish exist.
China is extremely divided when it comes to standards of living, though. Comes with having such a huge country. So you've got huge cities with millions of inhabitants, giant skyscrapers and maglev trains, and then some people living in small villages in the ass end of nowhere where infrastructure is 100 years out of date because nobody could be arsed to build power lines and water mains for a few hundred people hundreds of miles from the nearest major population center.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.