[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tried Neuoshima? The ttrpg, not the hex. If so,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 220px-Neuroshima.jpg (23KB, 220x310px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Neuroshima.jpg
23KB, 220x310px
Has anyone tried Neuoshima?

The ttrpg, not the hex.

If so, what are your thoughts on it?

and does anyone have a pdf
>>
>>54729197
can't really speak for the core book by itself because my DM uses almost all official books there are and tinkers with them since he's somewhat of a /k/fag

it's a nice system with distinct setting, I like it
>>
File: 1392011906759.jpg (358KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1392011906759.jpg
358KB, 650x1000px
>>54729197
Well, to make long story short, I GMed it for a group of pals. We had a few short runs and one super long campaign that span over nearly 3 years, and we played 2-3 times a week.

It's fun, but mechanics are asinine. If you and your group can settle to some homebrewing, go for it. If you wanna go 100% by the book, you're royally fucked even before you started.

I have all the PDFs, but it's in Polish.
Interested?
>>
>>54729294
Yeah, I'm fine with taking a century to translate, I have some slav friends so life isn't to bad.

What's wrong with the mechanics?
>>
>>54729197
neuroshima pdfs are piss easy to come by on chomik or polish torrents, and once I've found a full collection on some mail2peer network
>>
>>54729197
The fluff is a bit schlocky in 80s-90s way, so your mileage may vary. I like it, but it was the second or third piece of post-apocalyptic genre I was exposed to, so I'm a bit biased.

The crunch is messy. From what I recall:
- melee combat is retarded;
- gunplay works, but it tries for "realism" with gun-related myths;
- character creation is weird and with many things that you can forget;
- general usage of skills is okay, though fiddly.

In general I like the setting, but dislike the system.

Bonus info: it has some old fashioned stereotypes that trigger some people, even though it's fiction and shit.
>>
>>54729294
of fucking course it's in polish, it's never been translated much like the witcher rpg
>>
File: 1466896902764.jpg (209KB, 470x822px) Image search: [Google]
1466896902764.jpg
209KB, 470x822px
>>54729294

>>54729420
Melee combat is terribly retarded. Firearm combat... yeah, as well. You can clearly see that combat mechanics were designed for something more tactics-based (like NS Hex), they're too bloated and sometimes wonky and overcomplicated for an RPG.

Also, you gotta make a run for the PDFs yourself due to this dang ol' 8 MB file size limit.
>>
>>54729531
Is it like 4e levels of "tactics based"? Or like a shitty war hammer?
>>
>>54729197
it's fun

I once tried to translate it into English, but got stuck like halfway through, some of its mechanics being needlessly convoluted

it has a shitton of supplements, if you run it with the Ołów (Lead) updated gunplay mechanics, it actually becomes fun.

should I finish that shit?
>>
>>54729741
>should I finish that shit?

How far did you get?
>>
File: 44ed88c0_fe30_6a4e.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
44ed88c0_fe30_6a4e.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>54729741
Yes plz
>>
>>54729294
I like how this guy drew himself.
>>
File: even_the_roaches_are_dead.jpg (268KB, 625x833px) Image search: [Google]
even_the_roaches_are_dead.jpg
268KB, 625x833px
>>54729680
4e is, IMO, an example of a good tactical game. Neuroshima is like someone took that Jagged Alliance vidya and tried to implement it whole on 3d20s.

>>54729741
DO IT FGT
I once worked a bit on translation, but since I'm a lazy asshole I got stuck pretty early and never got back to it.
>>
>>54729751
got the basics of the setting, core mechanics and most of character creation

I think it'd be a great idea to rebalance some of the traits, because some are utterly useless and some are broken as fuck
also trying to integrate the better shooting mechanics, with blood points, wounds, and ballistics, would be nice
>>
>>54729741
Yes, keep going. I see Neuroshima threads here once every few months, there's obviously some interest in the west for it.
>>
I've heard that there was a finished translation on Neuroshima Tactics rules available to download from Portal's site but by the time I learned about this the game was already dead. Anyone got a PDF of that?
>>
>>54729294
wrzuć :^)
>>
>>54729294
Ja też poproszę ;)
>>
>>54729197

I actually kind of like the base resolution mechanic.

I fucking hate the kitchensink setting (although it might be fault of two shitty GMs). Either focus on a very, very small slice of the world, or remove about a half of impeding dooms.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.