[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I regularly see people create threads about how people at their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1478621614328.jpg (752KB, 1152x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1478621614328.jpg
752KB, 1152x1600px
I regularly see people create threads about how people at their table play stupid stuff.
>Man plays a female character
>Someone plays an anthro animal (muh furry)
>Someone plays an edgy character
>Someone has a lolrandom type character

I am seriously wondering, do you play with autists and not know who to deal with them or have you not yet gotten that stick out of your ass ?
First off it's just a game, stop being so uptight about it
Second, there's a place for any character. I have played serious, dark and depressing games with realistic characters and gritty scenarii and I have play lolrandom powerfantasy DnD games with superstrong characters. I have played with men who played women in realistic and non stereotypical/magical realmy ways and I have played with men who create the most stupidly over the top sexy badass ladies.
The whole point is to play according to what the game is about, what the GM wants to build as atmosphere and what the group is confortable with.
Character concepts one their own are never bad, they just need to fit in whatever envrionment and group they are in.

Yes, if a player comes to a 1920 Cthulhu game with the intention of playing a big tittied badass woman with huge guns and a mini skirt, it's stupid and they should be talked out of it. If they don't want to comply to what the group and GM aim for, he should be kicked out of the table.
But don't go about trashing other people's characters if they fit the tone of the table and game.

TL;DR don't be a dick
>>
If a GM is so concerned about the characters either Pregen them or have the players fulfill criteria (eg. 1 healer, 2 warrior types, 1 Wiz etc.). You could also stick to simpler systems with fewer choices, sometimes players are given too wide a birth to make a character.
>>
>>54728743
Cute feet
>>
>>54728743
>That trigger discipline
Muh dick
>>
>>54729176
You don't have to pregen the characters or even give them precise team comp criteria. Just agree with them beforehand on what the general theme will be.

>What range of alignment do you authorize for games that have them
>How powerful will the characters be compared to the rest of the world
>How deep and serious you made your scenario
>>
>>54728743
>I am seriously wondering, do you play with autists and not know who to deal with them or have you not yet gotten that stick out of your ass ?
It seems like these days, a majority of /tg/ plays online with randos, rather than face-to-face with actual friends they interact with outside of RPGs.
>>
>>54728743
If someone wants to play a stupid character concept I really don't care that much as long as it falls within the rules of the system.

The problem is that most of the people playing stupid, edgy, lolrandom, or furry characters are also just really bad players who complain when they can't get their way, try to subvert everything with a "Well I got a 25 on my Persuasion check so he should do what I say" sort of love, or just be huge distractions to the story at large with their inflammatory autism.

That said, my first RPG was AD&D so I'm a bit biased when it comes to the fanservicey bullshit that companies like Paizo put out.
>>
>>54728743
Pretty sure Arkham Horror has a stock titty gunner character card
>>
>>54728743
I dont mind guys playing girls . when there is a reason to, not just for M/R stuff.
I don't mind the furrys, I dont see them as any different then playing a non human core race.

I do not want to play with lolzrandom players, they fuck up games. You can do funny stuff without being deadpool lite.
Like a dawlf who sleeps really heavy, like nothing wakes him. But his eyes are wide open the hole time
Or a shadowrunner who spent his rentcheck on expensive suit so had to spend the whole session dodging spills and dirt so he can return it.
>>
>>54731865
Whole . dam auto correct
>>
>>54728743
Shut up with the opinion and post more girls in sundresses with Guns. This thread is now officially sanctioned for /k/inky shit.
>>
>>54731975
Forgot pic.
>>
If I'm gonna play a 1920s lady cop, she's gonna have short cut hair, be an ex factory worker and disliking the colorful dancing rape folk. Hard smoking, hard drinking, slightly overweight, punches like a truck and fucks like a freight train.
>>
>>54729355
>The problem is that most of the people playing stupid, edgy, lolrandom, or furry characters are also just really bad players who complain when they can't get their way
And this, class, is what's known as "confirmation bias", where someone who has a chip on their shoulder about a particular type of player will always see them as the problem, while being willfully ignorant that there are just as many bad players (if not more) who just play your typical human/dwarf/elf because they don't know what they're doing.

OP sounds like the type of complainer who actually doesn't play games and instead just bitches about perceived grievances that other fa/tg/uys cry about. And considering we often have threads where /tg/ fully admits to browsing this board without ever actually playing a game, I'd say most of the criticisms about other players are just some kind of simulated reality they've made for themselves.
>>
>>54732483
it's sad that the main problem I see with this character is that it is a "lady cop" in the 1920s and that shit wouldn't fly. Get back in the kitchen or become a secretary.
>>
>>54733524
Depending on the setting, it's fine. I don't mind playing in an slightly alternate historical setting. It all really depends on what the GM has in mind.
>>
>>54733524
Deadlands: Noir
You'd probably get some shit for it, but when a lot more people died in the great war and the Spanish Flu killed 5+% of the population, beggars can't be choosers.
>>
>>54728743
Stat her, /tg/
>>
Really your list boils down to players shoving their sexuality into game or shit that ruins game. OP let me ask, why does a player masturbating under the talbe or finding ways to TPK the party in the first half hour sound like a good thing to you?
>>
File: 1494472411255.jpg (127KB, 630x833px) Image search: [Google]
1494472411255.jpg
127KB, 630x833px
>>
File: 1497187037832.jpg (46KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1497187037832.jpg
46KB, 500x490px
>>
>>54735341
see
>>54732878
>>
>>54735446
Not a sundress.
>>
>>54728743
>a gun-slinging all-American Aryan waifu
>not a badass, but willing to do her part to purge Deep Ones (and raise a cornflower-haired family)
>no miniskirt, sensible & understated sundress and hat
>A-cup master race
>the 1920s, when fascism was good instead of evil
>the uncaring nature of the cosmos only reinforces her urges to protect what little remains
>amplified to yandere tier as she loses sanity points

I think this is my next CoC character anon.
>>
>>54728743
I made an edgy character once for a campaign that called for it, and he actually worked fabulously, and was one of the best parts of the campaign, especially since everyone else tried to make either characters they promised were really villains, or retarded random acts of evil fags.

I've tried to run a female character on two occasions, and while they weren't complete failures, I couldn't get into the character the same way, since any time I tried to talk IC, I worried about doing a shitty girl voice, or having a lazy male voice to a female character.

I've also made a couple randos, and while I can see where the angst against them comes from, that comes as much from a bad player/writer as it does the character. There's an art to playing that type of character; there always has to be a method to their madness. It's hard to make that type of character work in a serious setting, but it can be done.
They can also be quite useful to the flow of a campaign, since they are perfect blot hook biters.
I've done a Lizardman before, as well as played a "furry" trpg a few times, and my theory on it is to just nor treat it as a big deal. Being a Dwarf (usually) shouldn't come up every few minutes, excluding that one subterranean dungeon full of poison and enemies with knockback effects, so why should being a lizard or a pig be any different?
>>
>>54735594
>aryan
>brown eyes
>>
>>54735899
Wabi-sabi is an essential part of of the honorary Aryan aesthetic, anon. Blue eyes would be too over the top.
>>
File: 1496940973364.jpg (161KB, 900x653px) Image search: [Google]
1496940973364.jpg
161KB, 900x653px
>>54728743
If we communicated clearly and resolved disputes in a timely fashion we wouldn't have anything to complain to each other about.

Plus nobody wants to be the shit-disturber at the table who makes their beefs clearly know. If you tip your hand too openly you give others fodder from which they can form opinions about your personality. It is better to plot, gossip and drop the occasional passive aggressive comment.

Making open comments about how someone else behaves opens them up to examination of their personality and life choices, in turn it opens the commented to the same. It is not comfortable to have personalities examined, even in the lightest way. Everyone would much rather keep their heads down and try to enjoy the night without having to worry about being called out for shit that is habit to them.

And maybe your beef is stupid, if you make it known the people at the table might call out opinion as stupid. If you keep quiet about it now you can bring it up later to strangers with considerably less risk to your ego.

tl;dr
>It's easier and safer to be mad privately than it is to be communicative publicly
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.