[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can Tyranids fall to Chaos? What would happen if a Hive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: more like hive fleet bae-hemoth.jpg (685KB, 1095x1505px) Image search: [Google]
more like hive fleet bae-hemoth.jpg
685KB, 1095x1505px
Can Tyranids fall to Chaos?
What would happen if a Hive Fleet fell to Chaos?
>>
Tyranids literally cannot fall to chaos.
They're so negligible to chaos in terms of emotional sustenance that Daemons struggle to hold their corporeal forms when they're fighting against Tyranids.
>>
Tyranids have no emotions, they have no souls, they are just barely more alive than zombies in the eyes of Chaos, there's nothing to latch onto.
>>
>>54719952
>Tyranids have no emotions
Not necessarily true. A number of stories describe Tyranids as having an inherent, built-in hatred of all non-tyranid life as well as an intense desire to kill non-tyranid life.
>>
File: slanchaos.jpg (163KB, 1280x734px) Image search: [Google]
slanchaos.jpg
163KB, 1280x734px
They can't fall to chaos in the traditional way, but they can become corrupted by it, just as all matter can. They are biological organisms, and as such can be infected and destroyed by chaos just as anything else could. They are not immune.
>>
>>54720289
this. you could get warped and mutated individual creatures. Probably even possesed non-synapse beasts.

but you'll never get tyranids worshipping or praising chaos.
>>
>>54718529
>Can Tyranids fall to Chaos?

Anything can fall to Chaos, it just needs a way in. The problem is there's no way into the Tyranids. The Hive Mind is too strong to be posessed and too singleminded to be tempted. The only other way is how Tanks get possessed, but good luck drawing a summoning rune on a Carnefex.
>>
http://www.theallguardsmenparty.com/deliver.html
>>
>>54718611
>>54719952
Well, kinda.

>>54720780
You can get Genestealer Cults worshipping Chaos, even in the new fluff. Stands to reason that Genestealers at least can be corrupted; but then, they're not under direct Synapse control.
>>
The Iron Hands infect Hiveships with chaos viruses and demons to turn them in biomechanical Chaos Titan transportation ships.
>>
>>54721011
some of the older fuff suggested chaos genescults were more of a using every tool they can rather than trie devoute worship situation.

but either way thats true.
Mark of Khorne Genestealers is a terrifying comcept.
>>
>>54721011
I always saw that as more due to the human frailty more than the Tyranids themselves. >>54720289
Put it best, I think. You wouldn't have any trouble corrupting Tyranid flesh, but you couldn't twist the Hivemind itself. Chaos taints the soul, and as far as I understand it, the Nids are just like the Necrons in having a total absence of a soul.

And really at the end of the day, Tyranids just don't strike me as good playthings in the eyes of the Chaos Gods; there's just not a lot to get out of twisting something with no inherent ambition.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.