[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a no-magic setting, what's the correct way to treat the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: war_sickman.jpg (29KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
war_sickman.jpg
29KB, 550x366px
In a no-magic setting, what's the correct way to treat the wound from a weapon that was smeared in feces?

If it was poison I would say antidote, but this is disease which is pretty different.
>>
Disinfectant and antibiotics.
>>
>>54717522
Give him basic anti-biotics and then watch him die
>>
>>54717522
Disinfect the wound.

If necessary, prescribe antibiotics.
>>
Clean the wound, douse in alcohol, stitch if necessary, wrap it up.
>>
>>54717522

Boiling wine
>>
using game mechanics can't alchemists just make a potion of cure disease? their rules do state that it is not magic but the potions act like equivilent spells
>>
Pre-antibiotics, I'd say boil some water in a silver pan and clean his wounds with it, then boil fresh water and drop bandages in there. Let them sok for a minute, then heat-dry them, bathe the wounds in silvered clean water again, the bind the wounds as tight as you can and hope for the best.

Post antibiotics, look for any signs of infection after cleaning and binding his wounds with antibiotic bandages, then prescribe the most specific medicines you can to target the bacteria he seems to be suffering from.
>>
>>54717522
Irrigating the wound with disinfectants, then antibiotics and more disinfectant irrigation if any sign of infection appears. It's gross but honestly it's not that dangerous as long as you have ready access to somewhere with semimodern medical care and it's not a deep puncture.
>>
>>54717522
Usually fantasy games overlook these, like how ww1/ww2 movies overlook diarrhea and disease.
Shit's just not fun (pun not intended).

You can go with disinfection and antibiotics if they know what causes it, or have alchemists brew up anti-shits/uber antibacteria, but usually there's no helping someone with sepsis, only a "cure disease" miracle/spell would work. There is no antidote, and even today, sepsis is extremely deadly and nigh uncurable if it catches someone, so antibioitics and desinfection of wounds is extremely important. I'm unsure how someone would get saved even today if he got stabbed deep enough with a shit-covered blade.

>>54720679
Would honey work?
>>
>>54720739
Of course if you can't get it cleaned and treated quickly it can easily go right into the grave
>>
>>54720744
I would advise against honey. Just because it doesn't spoil doesn't mean it's clean.
>>
>>54717522

Clean wound, apply alcohol and herbal disinfectants, cauterise if necessary, then stitch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.