[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a non d20 fantasy system that is good enough to do an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: hfq-oct-2010.jpg (2MB, 3425x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hfq-oct-2010.jpg
2MB, 3425x1000px
What is a non d20 fantasy system that is good enough to do an heroic but dangerous campaign?

hard mode: convince me into using a d20 system that suites the campaign
>>
>>54704696
D&D 5e with the Healing: Healer's Kit Dependency (pg. 266), Healing: Slow Natural Healing (pg. 267), Rest: Gritty Realism (pg. 267), Injuries (pg. 272), and/or Massive Damage (pg. 273) options, all from the 5e DMG. If you hate your players, use all of these options.

I also have some low-magic class alternatives, if you like, but they're homebrew and untested:

Beastmaster (replaces druid): >>54669037
Knight (replaces paladin): >>54669052
Scholar (replaces cleric, sorcerer, and wizard): >>54669080
Scout (replaces ranger): >>54669104
Troubadour (replaces bard): >>54669116

The Warlock can probably remain as-is (it's kind of weirdly low-magic already despite also sort-of being a full caster), as can the Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, and Rogue, though you may want to ditch the Eldritch Knight, Way of the Four Elements, and Arcane Trickster kits from the latter three.
>>
>>54704880

This
>>
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2e, just give them a complete career or two.

Savage Worlds

Legend of the 5 Rings
>>
>>54704696
WHFB
>>
>>54704696
GURPS
>>
>>54704971
B?
>>
>>54705116
WarHammer Fantasy Battle
>>
>>54704696
Strike!

It's D&D inspired, and you can adjust the difficulty by using alternate rules, ranging from the kinda vanialla "If you don't have cover from ranged enemies, you are in deep shit" to "If you mess up a single skill roll, you die, and if your allies try to save you, they may also die" sort of character meatgrinders.

Also, got tons of fun class combinations.
>>
>>54704696
>hard mode: convince me into using a d20 system that suites the campaign
Mutants and Masterminds. That system does everything, and it does it well.
>>
>>54706804
it does dangerous combat well?
>>
Minor Hijack, but in a similar vein.

What is the best rules light system out there for a post-apoc game centered around exploration and discovery? Not full on free-form, but not d20/gurps levels of rules for ever goddamn thing.
>>
Midnight.

It is a d20 game where being a mage, having magical items or being fey gets you murdered. The base enemies are 35 hp orcs and clerics of an evil god. To make a difference in the world, your characters die on suicide missions that result in the deaths of hundreds to thousands.
>>
>>54707023
>Midnight.
post rules here man
>>
>>54706963
That's not really a "minor" hijack considering this thread is EXPLICITLY about a subset of games...

If you wanted to keep it on topic, Gamma World, or Strike! with Apocalypse World skill system maybe?
>>
>>54707055
Actually, you don't need Strike! AW works just fine on its own.
>>
BAMP
>>
>>54706963
tweaked apocalypse world, probably.

>>54707023
whut?
>>
>>54704696
Shadow of the Demon Lord
Conan 2d20
Atlantis: The Second Age
>>
>>54706831
Use hard mode healing from DM guide and wounds (complication) as consequences to damage. Done.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.