[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to design a propaganda legion in Only War. And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 301px-Kasrkin_chan_by_Jaekyu.jpg (27KB, 301x598px) Image search: [Google]
301px-Kasrkin_chan_by_Jaekyu.jpg
27KB, 301x598px
I'm trying to design a propaganda legion in Only War. And by propoganda legion I mean a bunch of half-naked hot chicks who technically still participate in the war. So far I've got

Origin: Highborn. Nobles have access to all the best genemods and plastic surgery and whatever.

Regimental Type: Artillery regiment. Keeps them out of the thick of things and giant cannons can be phallic- good for morale!

Drawback: Tainted. Home planet has a teeny tiny slaaneshi problem. It's under control, honest.

Special Equipment Doctrine: Electro-vox warfare. Can't have a propoganda legion without broadcasting capabilities!

Commanding Officer: Melancholic. He's gay. Maybe has an ogryn fetish.

Training Doctrine: Sharpshooters. Cuz I can't think of anything else that fits.
>>
>>54699321
well, I'm a shameful virgin who loves too much half naked hot chicks, but the idea is fucking stupid
>>
>>54699547
I can see a regiment from a paradise world being drafted with something like this in mind. Of course, this being 40k, the chances of it working outside of cain novels are slim at best, and they would most probably end up scissoring with slaaneshi daemons.
>>
>>54699547
The stupidity of the idea is irrelevant.
>>
>>54699321
Sauce on that pic?
>>
>>54699670
This

I mean, damn bro. It's 40k. Sure it's Grimdark, but from the sheer amounts of Grimdark comes some stupid shit, which is either played up to show how bad things are, for some yuks in an otherwise unremittingly bleak setting, or both.
>>
File: dko2_1280.jpg (119KB, 1024x710px) Image search: [Google]
dko2_1280.jpg
119KB, 1024x710px
>>54699321
You missed the boob-plated carapace armor.

And the rivarly with the Sororitas, which see the whole thing either as some kind of mockery or fetishing of themselves.

Also, I would change the regimental type to armoured warfare, with acess to... I actually can see some logic on both they having very good tanks like the SS (noble influence?) or almost-to-be-scrapped equipment like the first soviet female pilots. Tank crew don't need that much strength and endurance as mudsloggers. Even so, women are a minority of the regiment, most of it are servitors for support and repairs.

The reason for doing so is just because I think Mariya and Aleksandra were awesome:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariya_Oktyabrskaya
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandra_Samusenko
>>
>>54699658
>>54699670
>>54700008
oh well, you have a point, lets just have fun with the idea
>>
I would set up a propoganda legion as a sort of thing meant to inspire rather than really fight in any wars. The ones that get a lot of praise and medals for conflicts that they never really participated in, people point out their training and skill as they reveal to interviewers that they're just the same as any good and faithful Imperial citizen, and there are posters of them slapped everywhere trying to encourage any hive scum with half a dream of getting out of his hellhole to see the Guard as a way out.

Think like how Ciaphas Cain is apparently really bulked up in propaganda posters and in memoirs, being a Hero of the Imperium and all.
>>
>>54700330
Nah, have a Sister or two assigned to "assist" the legion (Actually there to look pretty on camera and get a less competent sister out of the Sororitas's hair) She has no idea she's a propaganda piece and is 100% purge crazy.
>>
File: drive.png (330KB, 722x552px) Image search: [Google]
drive.png
330KB, 722x552px
>>54700714
yes!
>>
>>54700579
My idea was more like "Join the imperial Guard! It's like a vacation but you have to load big guns with shells! Hot chicks are there! Nothing can go wrong!"
>>
>>54699321
There're titans who are used almost exclusively for propaganda purposes
they could be assigned to assist them

also I see the pin up theme really well with them supporting other regiments by providing and piloting transports, both aerial and terrestrial

don't be afraid to have them be a bit deadly too, it's 40k after all
>>
>>54699321
Seconding the notion of tankers. Give them full-face helmets and revealing armour. (Nearly) any decently fit young to middle-aged woman can look sexy in that, plus operating a tank is relatively do-able for women recruited for looks over physical fitness.

The historical problem, though, with including women in a fighting force is that men have the habit of ignoring orders to rescue women, which causes casualty rates to skyrocket. You don't want your tanks to get a 5+ cover save from all the conscripts milling around it (okay, who am I kidding, you absolutely do, but it would be a mess from an in-universe perspective). Having such a regiment fight alongside regular troops is a very bad idea for said regular troops.

Snipers are another option, I think. "Hold the line, boys, because if the enemy breaks through they'll get to our pure sniper-waifus!" Then again, it'd probably be easier logistics-wise to just train regular snipers and recruit a band of random whores to tag along with the army. In fact, they'll probably do that on their own.
>>
>>54702773
If you actually care about things like that (Implying the Guard actually cares about things like that), you can just make them a special obsfucation unit, like the old Ghost Army. 50/50 men and women, propaganda on the home front, confusing counterintelligence against foes. Their role in campaigns is to look like any other unit, while far away from the unit(s) they're impersonating. Make fake tent cities, drive around in troop transports full of mannequins, create fake runways full of inflatable tanks and planes, show up at local bars wearing distinctive uniforms of units that aren't in the area. Things like that.
The fact that they've got a lot of women just means they can more easily impersonate units that have a lot of women.
>>
>>54700330
>Tank crew don't need that much strength and endurance as mudsloggers.
Anon, tank crews have to do their own maintainence.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.