[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you write a comedy book set in the grimfuture of 40K?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Black_Library_logo.jpg (32KB, 404x425px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Library_logo.jpg
32KB, 404x425px
How would you write a comedy book set in the grimfuture of 40K?

Are there any comedy books set in the grim future of 40k?
>>
At least half my games in Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader could be described as comedies
>>
>>54698074
>Are there any comedy books set in the grim future of 40k?

Ciaphas Cain is fairly comical though not a comedy per se.

How would I write a comedy? Easy, go full camp and embrace the whole grimdarkness of 40k and its over the top nature.
>>
>>54698115
>An inquisitor of the Empire
>One of the best in the empire who can sniff out heresy anywhere
>This may or may not be related to the fact that he can only say heresy in various tones
Did we go to camp?
>>
>>54698168
Until you've played a party of acolytes keeping Inquisitor McGoo alive you can always go deeper
>>
40k isnt a comedy you stupid fucking faggot.It hasn't been since 3rd edition when that trash was retconned and removed. Stop trying to turn the game into something it isn't.
>>
>>54698590
Who said anything about the game? I'm talking about books here, novels.
>>
>>54698590
No, Yes, Nonone is trying. What you are proposing will destroy the setting, Grimdark is meaningless without Epicness, Despair cannot exist without Hope. It is the Balance between Funny and Serious, between Grimdark and Epic, that made this universe what its become. How do you portion this elements is of course your concern, but don't force everyone else do use your recipe, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>54698074
Secret diary of the random time-traveling asshole from 1862. who started the whole thing just to see how far it will go.
>>
>>54698663
So Wilhelm 2 is the Emperor?
>>
>>54698641
Hey, Nonone can find me wrong if she's good lookin' enough.
>>
File: 1464727603507.jpg (42KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1464727603507.jpg
42KB, 326x236px
>>54698846
>Wilhelm II
>1862
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.