[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever ran a kamen rider themed game? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Has anyone ever ran a kamen rider themed game? I've been watching ex-aid recently and I think it would make for a fun campaign
>>
>>54697734
To sum up if you've not familiar with Ex-Aid: the premise is doctors using retro games to become kamen riders to cure the "Bugster Virus", which is causing "Game Disease"
>>
>>54697734
From what I've seen, Kamen Rider is like Power Rangers only instead of 5-6 guys it's 1-3 guys and instead of giant transforming robots they have motorcycles. Seems like a strict downgrade.
>>
>>54697822
Except that one Rider is worth about 2-3 regular Rangers or the Red.
>>
>>54697957
Still sounds boring af. When you remove people from a team, the number of possible interactions between characters decreases exponentially. Six guys have fifteen possible dialogs. Three guys only have three.
>>
>>54697734

I never properly started it, but I was going to run a Kamen Rider game using Legends of the Wulin. It's made for Wuxia stuff, but that kind of martial arts drama works pretty well for Riders. The system splits Martial Arts into External and Internal styles, Externals being your physical fighting style, Internals being special powers. I was going to have External styles fully functional, but Internals require transformation, which I think fits the general dynamic in those shows.

More generally, Kamen Rider Amazons was fucking awesome, and I am so goddamn happy about the announcement of new W stuff.
>>
>>54698085
Nah, they're still pretty melodramatic and more like soap operas. If you like it you like it, but if not that's fine.
>>
>>54697822
Power Rangers is a direct Jewish ripoff of Kamen Rider/sentai and KR is the pinnacle of the genre.
>>
>>54698557
Sentai is the pinnacle of the genre. Kamen Rider is a relic of a time when tokusatsu shows had less budget.

Also, the whole motorcycle thing doesn't translate well to the west. Motorcycles can be cool in Japan because nobody has them and nobody has to deal with them. In America motorcycles are associated with fat grandpas and annoyingly loud noises.
>>
>>54697734

I've run one based off Cutie Honey: The Live, weirdly enough. One player was an Accel-esque hard-boiled cop who was trying to bust a criminal syndicate, the second was an escaped cyborg soldier, the last one was the dude from the Running Man, given powers to make the chase far more interesting. They ended up battling Panther Claw, the really weird bosses, and the snappily-dressed minions.

I don't think anyone really got the reference, since the live-action incarnation of the series was pretty obscure. Hell, I even put in Sister Jill as one of the primary villains. (For anyone not in the know, Cutie Honey tends to be very silly until Sister Jill shows up. In every incarnation, Sister Jill is basically the devil.)
>>
>>54698085
>Six guys have fifteen possible dialogs. Three guys only have three.
It's possible for people to have multiple conversations with each other. It's also possible for them to have conversations with people outside the main team.

Removing characters from a team doesn't reduce the amount of time they have for character development, which means that each of those characters has a chance of being better developed and more complex.
>>
>>54697822
Motorcycles work better than mecha for an actual game. You won't have to balance combat on two completely different scales or deal with massive collateral damage after every fight.
>>
If we're only counting toku, wouldn't something like GARO (that thing that cross-promoted with FFXIV) actually be more workable for tabletop?

>>54698085
Tell that to Gransazer or kyuu, where 3/4 or 1/2 of the team (respectively) spend most episodes benchwarming.

Besides that, even Rider has bigger casts now. Ryuki had a total of 13 in 2002-2003 (most of whom were also one-note characters). Ex-Aid has six.

>>54701717
>Kamen Rider is a relic of a time when tokusatsu shows had less budget.
Are you kidding? The number of suits and gadgets Riders have now is insane.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.