[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do your characters dreams look like? What would their silent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0490.jpg (331KB, 1024x1388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0490.jpg
331KB, 1024x1388px
What do your characters dreams look like?

What would their silent hill look like?

Have your games ever gone into surreal indie game territory?(Yumi Nikki, LISA, off, etc?)
>>
I have found that these two songs are great for battles
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-1EPegIzD2M
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aZuI3ZkCHfs

Would you play a LISA ttrpg?
>>
Lisa would be a fun setting

Especially if you are creative about gang names
>>
>>54695428
I had a brief stint into two wonky dimensions.
First one was basically a giant void with a prophetic door in it, a seemingly endless trek through the void, and then meeting the friendly local void people.
Second time was a 4th dimensional bazaar in which shit got meta real fast and I made a player actually have an existential crisis.
>>
>>54698433
>made a player have an existential crisis

Are the you best gm or the worst?
>>
>>54698544
My players tell me I manage to be both at the same time a lot.
It comes with having a strong interest in philosophy and psychology. I have stories of other times I fucked up players (Including a couple which left lasting effects)
>>
>>54698601
>GM with interest in philosophy and psychology

Wow, can you give some examples?
>>
>>54698677
Well there was one time I had a player going through a phase of thinking he was always in the right.

So what better way to tackle this guy's growing ego than making a game of all paladins going on a crusade? Nobody questions me when I remove the detect evil feature with the reasoning of "You're on a crusade, its not your job to judge its to kill and control. Besides these dudes are fucked up in general".
Adventures ensue, Ego guy who we shall call Eddy takes the captain position as his current always right attitude made him a good fit. Standard adventuring happens, kill some bad guys and technically win by facing down with a cleric holding down the last bastion of the now all but dead nation. Said cleric was raising undead soldiers left and right, holed up in a church which he fortified to hell and back which gave the guy the first taste of 'Good intentions, bad methods' with him being a similar sort of guy. Eddy's goal was to wipe out the evil in the lands, which as far as he was considered was everyone holding a weapon or daring to oppose him, which grew as he grew in power to kill everyone who appears in any sort of suspicious situation.
Cleric's was to keep his nation alive, and if he couldn't do that he'd keep them undead and such had amassed a giant army stuck in a church listening to him while he went mad slowly, once there was no living to heal he 'healed' the dead to the best of his ability. He didn't even actually fight at any point, his undead did it all for him while he casted protective buffs on them and tried to disable the party or force them out. All while his church was under siege, and when he almost got kill stealed by a ballista bolt the paladin stabilized and healed him just to give a speech about his disgusting acts against nature and snapping his neck (Not after getting the only blow the cleric made, nonlethal swing with a mace).
Party wins, big heroes, all feeling good.

Then the anti party happens.
Continued in part 2
>>
>>54699115
Turns out they weren't very good at making sure everyone was dead.
A party of three survivors to the party's five.
Number one was a child, around 12, no class levels or anything but like a level 16 commoner (Party was Level 18). Over the few years of his country being ravaged he was left orphaned with horrible disfiguring due to the party burning down some buildings after locking them up. His family was in one and after his mother and two siblings were burned to death and or suffocated, and he learned his father died as a soldier did he pick up trying to save whoever he could behind the party's warpath. This dude in particular had a real hate for the party.
Number two was a man whose good arm was taken by Eddy, he was a rebel against his own state and was caught trying to get his family across the border. He didn't know what happened to him (Eddy taunted that he killed them proper) as after being disarmed a druid from the other side healed him back to some health. Again, really pissed.
Number three was a deserter from the party's squad, who just disagreed with the horrendous acts they did on what were mostly innocent people. This guy's interesting since he was the soft leader and a fairly high ranking member who was assumed dead after they found his armor destroyed and bloodied.

These guys were outnumbered, by the party and the dozen or so siege engines behind them. But they faced them down in the middle of the street, and these guys were just bad. Its a kid, a one armed man, and the only competent fighter was a solid 5 levels below the party. Their only defense was appealing to the morality. Eddy of course wants to kill them, an enemy medic, someone who led filth into his homelands, and a traitor. He convinces one other member to be on his side, two decide to sit out, and one jumps sides since he's been not ok with Eddy the entire time.
Cont.
>>
>>54699351
Eddy the player meanwhile is getting uncomfortable, since strongarming people into doing things his way has actually been his real life method for about 5 months now. He's done it to the group a lot too, I played along for the fun of it, but around now is when a couple players (One who fought against him and one who sat out) spoke up to him since he's been a dick to them. Not to bring in personal drama but I'll say he said some shit he ought not to have said to one and the other he fought with over everything for the sake of asserting dominance.

So combat begins. Kid draws a crossbow, misses. Eddy attacks, nearly kills one arm in a single blow. Traitor gets him with a surprise: Attempts to break his sword, it's almost destroyed. Eddy's friend comes in and shoots the kid with a bow, one shot on him. One arm guy spends his turn running to the kid's corpse and failing his roll to get a healing potions to him (One arm meant he needed to roll for that), proceeds to break down in a way which was described by players at the time as 'Too real man'. Eddy's turn again, use his breaking sword to attack the traitor who dodges. Traitor throws his sword and offers a fist fight, he acknowledges he's going to die and would rather die by the hand than the sword. Eddy's buddy drops out of combat, he actually left the session at this point (Learned the next day the whole killing a kid thing fucked with him). Kid is barely holding on, one arm gets the wrong potion and has to roll again next turn. Eddy drops his sword and attacks Traitor, who offers a weak if persistent return. Kid ends up dying after the next turn since one arm dropped his potion due to the shaking. Eddy's got blood on his hands, Traitor should be dead but was clinging on. One arm rejoins the fray getting a single attack on Eddy dealing minimal damage, Traitor seems to finally falter. Eddy kills Traitor with a neck snap and cracks one arm's skull in. The platoon is silent.
Cont
>>
>>54699499
They never saw Eddy in action, most were making the frontlines while they forged the path ahead. None saw one of them kill a child, or Eddy's brutality in his fight with one arm and Traitor.

Then tides turn for good. In the crowd Eddy hears someone yell "What the fuck!" and snaps, he threatens the platoon and party for not being dedicated to the mission. Now its him against them and when he takes the first offense by throwing one arm into foot soldier theres a tense moment before a ballista is shot off at him. Followed by another, yelling to get them to stop, small battle happens but when its one against almost a hundred including 4 other equally strong paladins he doesn't last long and is crushed by a catapult's boulder. Two of the party members return and ask to be executed, one who sat out and the one who killed the kid. The other who sat out becomes a deserter who has become somewhat of a staple NPC in my games, and the one who fought against him just vanished from history.

IRL Eddy's been made uncomfortable, everyone is but someone else points out that he's been going a bit hard lately. End the night by leaving early leaving them to it, but Eddy since calmed the fuck down and I've been told apologized to the guys he messed with bad. He was still a bit of a cunt at times but usually whenever someone got on him he stopped.

So yeah. Tl;dr I made a guy feel like a big hero despite him being a cunt and then ground him into the dirt so hard someone who witnessed it had to leave from the sheer discomfort. Moral of the story: Don't be a dick, if you let your ego grow too big you're blind to how much of a cunt you are.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.