[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's been a trend that I've been noticing lately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: swiss army knife.jpg (8KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
swiss army knife.jpg
8KB, 300x226px
There's been a trend that I've been noticing lately and it's the idea that D&D can do everything.

Why is that?

While I see the appeal of having a robust system that can tackle a multitude of products, there are already generic systems that are designed to tackle practically everything under the sun and I don't see why D&D needs to tackle every possible campaign under the sun when it's supposed to be a system with a heavy emphasis on magic, treasure hunting, and combat.

I mean, if you suggested that someone run a high fantasy campaign in something like Paranoia, people who are familiar with the system would look at you like you just grew a second head. Yet somehow, when people suggest D&D for political intrigue (when there are multiple ways to tell when people are lying) it's a good idea?
>>
>>54684866
>There's been a trend that I've been noticing lately and it's the idea that D&D can do everything.
No one has ever said this.
>>
>>54684866
It's not "D&D can do everything"
It's "we're familiar with D&D and unwilling to ever learn another system"
>>
>>54684866
>There's been a trend that I've been noticing lately and it's the idea that D&D can do everything.
D&D can do anything? Now, this is something new.
>>
>>54685226
Thread should have ended here.
>>
File: yes you do.jpg (33KB, 973x267px) Image search: [Google]
yes you do.jpg
33KB, 973x267px
I'm pretty sure you're just making this shit up, OP.
>>
>>54685272
But D&D can do anything! Just remember the well thought-out D20 Modern, perfectly fitting it's genre CoC d20 and all-around perfect Traveller T20!
>>
>>54684866
I thought it was only a trend in mid to late 2000's?
>>
>>54684906
I occasionally see Gamefinder threads advertising D&D games in modern and scifi settings.
>>
>>54684866
lol nice try with that shitty bait
>>
>>54685438
see
>>54685226
>>
>>54684866
>lately
Retards have tried to do this since 3e came out, and probably before. It's mostly just people who are too lazy to learn other systems.

Lurk moar, I guess.
>>
>>54684866
>if you suggested that someone run a high fantasy campaign in something like Paranoia
Now the question is, do I make it about court politics, or a sorcerer's apprentices?
>>
File: durr.jpg (27KB, 328x338px) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
27KB, 328x338px
>>54684866
There's been a trend that I've been noticing lately and it's the idea that retards can post any thread anytime.

Why is that?
>>
>>54685706
Because morons like you continue to give them (you)'s.
>>
>>54685762
I saged. Did you?
>>
>>54685945
Yes
>>
>>54685945
Sage still gives (you)s, man.
Report, ignore,
just
don't
reply.
>>
>>54684866

I have a buddy who is like this.

Now, he doesn't try to make it full sci-fi but he did try to make it full investigation/mystery.

I have no idea what fuels these people, but they are running on something and it is garbage.
>>
>>54685226

Nah, I got a buddy who does this and he knows several different systems.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.