[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you guys can decide what theme will be in the next mtg set,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

If you guys can decide what theme will be in the next mtg set, what it will be? What is the theme you would like to see? I want to know your ideas
>>
>>54679385
Wuxia set.
>combat phases
>combat phases everywhere
>>
>>54679652
I was thinking about something more realistic and possible to see in game
>>
>>54679385
Since it's that time of century, I'd say WW1.
>>
>>54679385
Fun
>>
Return to Kamigawa
>>
File: stf148_ghave.jpg (59KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
stf148_ghave.jpg
59KB, 620x453px
>>54679385
Drakkus. Humans at war with Fungus seems pretty fun. Probably a lot of Artifact Hate versus dying powerful tech, Fungus Hate, Fungus Tribal, better Thallids, Burn Cards featuring literal burn art, and overall a very Organic feel for every color.
>>
>>54680708
nice idea, maybe expands this to biohazard and mutations, add some toxic things. what do you think about? I'm looking for a new set concept to make on my own
>>
space marines
>>
>>54681048
Jungle Simic Shamans sounds awesome.

Personally though, I think we need to wait and see how Unstable and Ixalan does, honestly. I'm of the belief that Wizards is going for a Soft-reboot at this point. They took the Jacestice League down a peg, are releasing "Fun" sets like Unstable and Pirates Vs. Dinosaurs: the Set, which will likely give designers an excuse to create less bland sets and see how well more energetic or exciting cards will do, as well as likely rounding out the League's personalities with some mud in their face, perhaps even going back to the roots of the MTG storyline.

I think 2018 MTG will be the year Magic finally comes back to us as being something remarkable, with more tolerable storylines, and better sets.
>>
>>54679385
hey maro
>>
>>54679385
Drain counters to make <c> worthwhile and encourage the color in your land decks to be more fluctuating, actual flavorful wedge 3 color teams, or mono with opposed color kickers/abilities,and an emphases on creature abilities that stop insane power creep, but clearly emphasise that bigger dudes can't be stopped by a cat or a squirrel. Something akin to menace, that means only giants/creatures with power equal to X/need X creatures can block.
It's always made no sense how Emrakul can die to 12 squirrels. There really needs to be a distinction between big and small units, or even just better tribal because otherwise creatures are just bland.
>>
how does emrakul die to 12 squirrels?
>>
Honestly, I would like to see a return of Allies. As much as everybody else seems to rag on them, I love them. I got into MtG when the first Zendikar set came out and have been using Ally decks ever since. Shout out to my nigga Kazandu Blademaster.
>>
Well seeing as how pirates are showing up in Tue next set, I'll through out my other ideas
Illusion plane- a fictional plane overlaid on a real one... mechanic theme is magic working wrong...
2. Return to Kamigawa: some rabble rouser (Tibalt or Domi) is leading a rebellion against the diyamo ...mechanic theme, Legends matter, and timberpack like mechanics.
>>
>>54680708
>>54681048
>>54683685
I really like these ideas. Maybe giving / taking counters to represent growth?
Was thinking a too many counters = bad or change to represent cancerous growths and / or mutations. Dont know how you'd implement it tho.
>>
Dinosaurs?
>>
>>54679385
Someone murders Mark Rosewater and it happens in real life.
>>
File: IMG_9317.gif (128KB, 322x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9317.gif
128KB, 322x438px
DEEP SEA
NO HUMANS
JUST FISH AND HORRORS
>>
>>54679385
Napoleonic Wars with magic.

Second block would be "Return of the Emperor"
>>
>>54683685
agree in all fields, hope that wizards gonna do some nice magic sets, can't wait for Ixalan its look like it have some potential and I would like to see dinosaurs in mtg (doesn't they stole this from hearthstone?)

>>54686573
I was thinking about this too, the plane where magic gains curious and chaotic effects because of like twisted dimensions or curved spacetime.
In the game, it could look like unusual effects which we didn't see before, making strange things with board, special requirements to use abilities and cast spells, some rule changes like inverse turn orders and so on
For example three cards:

Play with your library upside-down until NAME leaves the battlefield (The original top card becomes bottom card and the original bottom card becomes top card.)
mana cost: scry

Resolve target ability or spell. Draw a card.

As long as NAME is on the battlefield, exchange order of Declare Attackers Step and
Declare Blockers Step in the combat phase (Defending player may declare block on not attacking creatures.)
>>
File: Emrakul, the Aeons Torn_MM2.jpg (283KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn_MM2.jpg
283KB, 672x936px
>>54685127
She doesn't have indestructible
>>
>>54693622
but she has 15 toughness
>>
File: 1490989972378.jpg (64KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490989972378.jpg
64KB, 300x450px
>>54679385
Vryn. Gritty magitech intrigue with the eternal war as a backdrop
>>
>>54679385

A Plane made out completely of non-human animals.

A plane where every being is not human or humanoid in any shape or form.

The animals are sentient, but they do not have human-like societies.

I'd see them bringing back more tribal, lord ofr all the minor animal types and lots of automatic triggers related to how the animals would act towards some actions, for example, cockroaches leave the battlefield when a creature with bigger power enters the battlefield until the end of turn.
>>
>>54679385
Guns.
>>
>>54685127
Some of those squirrels may be wielding swords or pitchforks or other sharp objects, you don't know.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.