[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has any game suffered from power creep harder than YuGiOh? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 614ll41DIoL.jpg (69KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
614ll41DIoL.jpg
69KB, 358x500px
Has any game suffered from power creep harder than YuGiOh?
For several years it was basically that there was a pretty defined ceiling and you could use spells, traps, and the occasional effect monster to give yourself an edge.
Then you really couldn't run normal monsters anymore since effect monsters bean to have a lot of power as well.
Then you really had to build the deck around getting specific effects to take place so that you could get the advantage.
Then synchros happened and the game basically began to be completely overhauled every year or so (XYZ, pendulums, links)
Is it just finished? Or is there any way that the game could be sectioned off so people who like different play styles can play together?
>>
>>54673892
Aren't the most broken cards in core?
>>
>>54673892
Numerically, yeah. In terms of special effects? No.
>>
>>54673892
Yata lock was one of the first decks in the game and is arguably still one of the strongest considering it was basically unstoppable.
>>
>>54673892
YGO is the worst because Konami does not seem interested in trying to keep the game alive.

Other card games try to control the pace at which creep happens. Konami seems to just be trying to milk the game for everything they can. I wonder when they'll quit supporting it.
>>
>>54673915
Most broken individual cards (Pot of Greed, Harpie's Feather Duster) are at the core yeah, but later on it got to the point where entire decks were "broken" compared to other decks.
A deck that was made with cards from up to Invasion of Chaos stands no chance against an XYZ deck.
>>
>>54673943
This. Konami knows of the creep and actively encourages it. I know that buying trading cards is literally gambling, but Konami doesn't want people to be able to play whatsoever unless they have the latest cards. How often do you see a tournament deck based around cards that weren't released in the last two years?
Konami broke Yu-Gi-Oh and they like it that way. They're never going to do what Pokemon did with an "old cards only" version of the game because they won't be able to sell the old cards since everyone has them.
What I think is the best solution is to essentially have a split after Light of Destruction and make new cards that abide by the traditions established up to that point, but also host tournaments with the crazy new and annoying rules.
>>
>>54673892
How to play Yu Gi Oh for fun.
> 8000 LP
>Scrap iron scarecrow banned
> extra deck is only for fusions.
>all links, pendulums, and XYZs banned.
>>
>>54674863
I think Scrap Iron Scarecrow should be limited but I find it funny how much you hold a grudge against it
>>
>>54674863
>2000 lp
>destroying monsters doesn't damage your opponent
There.
>>
>>54675064
I shit you not but a vast majority of duels would end in drawing out.
>>
>>54673892

Back in my day we used to play vanilla creatures equipped with an Axe of Despair and that was good enough sometimes.
>>
>>54673978
>How often do you see a tournament deck based around cards that weren't released in the last two years?

There's also the fact that konami requires by rule that whatever deck wins worlds is required to have at least one card banned.

>>54675128
You do realize that once it's Set back face-down you have to wait until the next turn to use it, right?
>>
>>54675252
I was talking about the 2000lp and no monster damage. You would either get locked in or burn your oppent out quick.
>>
>>54675494
But now i think about it im wrong. Duels would end far to quick be it by burn or just one of the many quick ways to clear the field and special summon a monster that could end the game in one hit. Wouldn't even need xyz or synchro to do it.
>>
>>54675494
Sorry. Meant to respond to >>54674863
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.