[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would pose a threat to a party of 4 lvl 3 adventurers that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

what would pose a threat to a party of 4 lvl 3 adventurers that gained the unwavering loyalty of 4 adult dragons?

i think nothing short of a ancient red dragon or a tarrasque would be able to easily beat them. but what would make for a interesting, even fight? a army of humanoids, a group of lvl 20 adventures, a death knight and some undead?

i was thinking maybe a pirate warship of the zhentarim would work. throw on 2 cannons, give all the bandits on board a blunderbuss or pistol, and have 1 competent 10th-15th lvl swashbuckler captain. firearms are stronger than ballistas and the characters have never seen that technology.
>>
>no information on the edition of what's probably dnd
>for some reason four level 3 chucklefuck shitstains with no capability on their own are being mommy'd by four pinnacles of power in the world who should have no business with something as miniscule as them
>gm has no idea how to have their own npcs be unavaliable for a period of time so they cant help the pcs

christ this is a bad thread
>>
>>54673665
its 5e and the players got a hold of a deck of many things. they used a wish they got from it to get obedient adult dragon mounts
>>
>>54673722
>hey /tg/ i did the single worst thing that im absolutely not supposed to do as a gm and it ruined all plans i could have, what do i do?
have you tried not using the deck of many things?
>>
>>54673529
Slaughter 4 adult dragons and badly mangle bunch of other guys sounds like a routine quest for level 20 party.
>>
File: IMG_0543.png (4KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0543.png
4KB, 493x402px
>>54673529
I remember a prior dragons /tg/ thread had a very simular situation presented in-thread and that after hearing it the draganons were absolutled livid at the idea of filthy mortals controlling their mind controled kin like slaves.

>Powerful dragon(s) are stirred into a rage and want to free their kin from your party's geas.

Or

>The party encounters a small army of kobolds who want the secret of how to betray and control their extra brutal master.

Or

>The dragons first summoned from thin air are now growing as their own individuals and they are starting to question the reasons for their subservience to some bugs
>>
>>54674899
I remember it as well, that's probably why OP modified it to include "obedient" after I pointed out the "eliminate other dragon's rider" routine...
>>
>>54673529
Do this >>54674161
Start adjusting ALL encounters to high danger lvl 20 ones. It's just adjusting your quest for party balance. If they don't like it, they can dismiss their dragons. Make up some shit about how "strength calls to strength" or something, so they have a hint that the dragons are putting them in danger.
>>
>>54675570
Just keep the difficulty as it is and let them get bored. They'll start going after harder challenges on their own.
>>
>>54674899
This.
>>
Dragons don't cooperate with each other fully, 2 end up dead and the other 2 are badly hurt. lead them to take the hurt ones to a nearby city for an expert healer, but the city guards take hold of them and confiscate them. Your PCs are now banned from said city and are held accountable for all the city guards deaths
>>
>>54673529
>>54673722
Just end the campaign, you've already fucked it up and you have no idea what you're doing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.