[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you guys prefer for necron fro travel the Dolmen Gates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Necron_Warrior_army.jpg (24KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Warrior_army.jpg
24KB, 250x314px
Which do you guys prefer for necron fro travel the Dolmen Gates or the Inertialess drives?
>>
Dolmen Gates, I like the model of Webway as Sci-Fi Labyrinth, and now this one has hordes of wandering undead in it
>>
>>54664690
Inertialess Drives. like the idea of the Necrons being totally unreliant on the Warp.
>>
Bamp
>>
File: Astounding_Grey_Lensman.jpg (61KB, 345x490px) Image search: [Google]
Astounding_Grey_Lensman.jpg
61KB, 345x490px
Hard to say.

Inertialess drives let them just fly fly around normal space at FTL Speed. Which you don't really any sic-fi setting since the 30s.

That's cool in a plupy sort of way but it think them just using Dolmen gates suits them more.

They'll ancient immortal robots, so they hating the warp so much that they'll willing to slowly travel world to world systemically building and leaving gates goes with their style more
>>
>>54666167
>That's cool in a plupy sort of way but it think them just using Dolmen gates suits them more.
>They'll ancient immortal robots, so they hating the warp so much that they'll willing to slowly travel world to world systemically building and leaving gates goes with their style more

Dolmen gate depends on the warp though. I believe that it uses a portion of the webway, but it has been quite some time since I have read this part of the fluff.
>>
File: Doom Croissant.jpg (53KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Croissant.jpg
53KB, 720x960px
>>54666985
Different anon, but the War in Heaven was fought in the Webway and is the Necron's primary means of interstellar travel. The Dolmen Gate is just the Necron's special portal into the webway.

>>54664690
They never lost their Inertialess Drives (see: picture)
>>
The one that isnt ward's dumpy poopy poo faggot nucro lore.
>>
>>54667754
>They never lost their Inertialess Drives (see: picture)

They were nerfed to near-light speed. So explain to me how the Necrontyr andf Necrons built their galactic empire. They gained access to the Webway at the latter stages of the war.
>>
>>54665262
>>54666167
This makes the most sense. The necron represented the material side of the real vs warp war. Them using the warp to travel would make no sense.

It's like humans fighting sharks and transporting troops by swimming instead of being able to fly.
>>
They should have some inertialess drive system but the downside is that relativity is reversed or some shit.
So instead of traveling at near lightspeed and experiencing a brief trip for you, yet hundreds of years for others with the inertialess drive it's a short time period for others yet tens of thousands of years for the traveler.
Hence, only Necrons can travel this way as any other race will turn to dust in the time it takes to go between stars.
>>
Inertialess Drives. Everything else can fuck right off as their main means of transporations.
>>
>>54664690
Inertialess drives, Ctan hate the warp and wouldnt use it because to do so would empower it. To them thats highly counterproductive.
>>
>>54672139
That's...actually pretty damn cool. Though it'd be interesting for the Necrons to arrive with internal strife that cropped up during that inner transit.
>>
>>54666985
>>54666985
>Dolmen gate depends on the warp though. I believe that it uses a portion of the webway, but it has been quite some time since I have read this part of the fluff.

Same. I thought it was discontent from the warp myself but i'll take you're word for it.

>>54671324
>They were nerfed to near-light speed. So explain to me how the Necrontyr andf Necrons built their galactic empire.

The slow way maybe? Going at relativistic speeds.

>>54672139
>>54673342

>They should have some inertialess drive system but the downside is that relativity is reversed or some shit.
>>
>>54674995
>>54672139
>>54673342
>They should have some inertialess drive system but the downside is that relativity is reversed or some shit.

I agreed. eschew the warp is fine but I really don't think they should be the only race to have easy safe reliable ftl travel
>>
>>54664690

Inertial... all the way.

I love the idea of the Necrons blithely exceeding the speed of light in realspace without any Warp fuckery, all the while saying, "fuck you, Laws of Physics, we're powered by green rods."

Normally that kind of shit pisses me off but in the case of the Necrons they already do mind-bending feats of science and their tech is supposed to be Old One-tier and beyond human comprehension.

Dolmen Gates? I think I see what they were going for. Law of science violations are all supposed to connect to the Warp, and hijacking the Webway makes them to sense, like vampirism. But I don't think it worked as well as just taking refuge in audacity, breaking the speed of light, and daring the needs to bitch about it.

And aren't disturbing violations of the natural order the Necrons' stock in trade?
>>
File: 1500820905066.gif (352KB, 458x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500820905066.gif
352KB, 458x480px
>>54664690
I like both, if the 'crons are truly post science, then both is the only answer.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.