[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the weirdest, funnest adventure from the Lamentations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

What's the weirdest, funnest adventure from the Lamentations of the Flame Princess line?
>>
>>54658964
I want to like this game but it seems like it's just made by a gorefag who does whatever he can to upset /pol/tards.
>>
I remember reading a funny Fatal and Friends on what pure garbage Death Frost Doom is.
>>
>>54658964
It's not the weirdest by far but I really enjoyed Tower of the Stargazer
Maze of the Blue Medusa seems cool but I'm in no position to run it.
>>
>>54659194
>Maze of the Blue Medusa
Is that for LOTFP? I thought it was its own thing.
>>
>>54659194
Any thoughts on Scenic Dunnsmouth, Towers Two, Qelong, or Isles of Unknown?
>>
>>54658964
God that crawls and death frost doom had the funniest artefacts.
>>
>>54659321
it's by zak sabbath and it's osr. I consider it a lotfp adventure.
>>54659364
I liked Scenic Dunnsmouth and I've read Qelong. Haven't looked at the other two.
>>
>>54658990
There's basically two broad groups of adventures for lotfp. Metalhead goreshit gonzo popculture memes and artsy weird reinterpretations of fantasy standards. Both make references to/rip off, depending on who you ask, older adventures most people haven't heard of. Its a big enough production that a range of things get published under it with a variety of authors and artists, thus a variety of quality and target audiences. Things in osr aren't necessarily intended to be run as-is either, there's a lot of tool-kit design.

Main consistent theme for any of it is strong influences of the new-weird movement from the 2000s and the associated semi-historical interest. After that, its all over the fuck. You can usually figure out if the content is going to be something you'll find interesting from the blurb on the back.

>>54659364
Town generation and hillbilly serial killer stuff in SD is interesting, don't like the time cube. Didn't bother to look at TT, don't really care for that style. Qelong is sitting in my 'to read' pile, and Isles has a rep as low quality so its very low on the pile.

Op really needs to describe more about what they think is weird and fun. Could be dick aliens and hex crawls, could be blob monster chasing them through a 1600s church catacomb.
>>
>>54659536
For what its worth, it seems like people say they have fun running/playing World of The Lost fairly often.
>>
>>54659536
>Op really needs to describe more about what they think is weird and fun.
Well this is /tg/, so "weird and fun" is probably codeword for "magical realm". In which case, he's probably asking for Blood in the Chocolate.
>>
>>54659585
I thought Blood in the Chocolate was a really funny idea but damn I can't figure out how you're supposed to run it outside of a one shot.
>>
File: lichway1.jpg (445KB, 1116x1600px) Image search: [Google]
lichway1.jpg
445KB, 1116x1600px
i've run tower of the stargazer, death frost doom, cursed chateau, and no salvation for witches.

cursed chateau is the only one i've run multiple times. i prefer to use into the odd over lotfp as a rules set when running it. it is a fun house dungeon on the simple end of things that is good for a <4 hr one-shot. it is fun and the GM gets a lot of power over how "weird" it can be.

NSFW is great but definitely on the weirder end of things. again, i think into the odd is a better system for the 16th century lotfp adventures, but whatever. i would run NSFW again.

death frost doom is whatever, just run the lichway. same story with tower of the stargazer and the beacon. they are decent reprints, i guess.
>>
File: beacon.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
beacon.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>>54659663
>>
>>54659536
>Op really needs to describe more about what they think is weird and fun.
Thanks for the overview. Hard to describe what is weird but I'm from a group of gamers that have been playing classic fantasy (D&D, warhams) for over 20 years, and we want something new and strange that will surprise and delight us. Not gore or magical realm, though small doses of those things are not complete turn-offs as long as they're done well.

Weird I guess would be Vornheim, which I skimmed over and thought was pretty neat, though I don't like the art and I don't know if it's LOTFP. Elric in the realms of Chaos, or the animated Wizardsmovie, or the Heavy Metal move is what I would call weird fantasy.

>>54659585
>>54659620
>>54659620
>Blood in the Chocolate
What's that about?
>>
>>54659709
>Elric in the realms of Chaos, or the animated Wizardsmovie
I know that weird. LotFP doesn't do that one as much really,more towards hammer horror, less towards sword & planet. There are aliens in World Of The Lost, its basically a dark contenent hex crawl with dinosaurs, UFOs, witch doctors and laser rifles. That's probably your best bet.

You might want to look at Dungeon Crawl Classics Perils of the Purple Planet stuff though. It sounds more like what you like.
>>
>>54659709
Blood in the Chocolate is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 2: Darkness Rising
>>
File: big_1467749706_image.jpg (61KB, 713x719px) Image search: [Google]
big_1467749706_image.jpg
61KB, 713x719px
>>54659761
>>54659835
Thanks, good suggestions all.
>>
>>54658991
>Funny
>Fatal and Friends
/tg/ was a mistake
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.