[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/STG/ - Star Trek General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 66

E-Sports Edition

Previous Thread: >>54586047

A thread for discussing the Star Trek franchise and its various tabletop iterations.

Possible topics include Star Trek Adventures - the new rpg being produced by Modiphius - and WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing miniatures game, as well as the previous rpgs produced by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe, and Star Trek in general.

Game Resources

Star Trek Adventures, Modiphius’ 2d20 RPG
-Official Modiphius Page
>http://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html
Playtest Materials (via Biff Tannen)
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/36m6c22co6y5m/Modiphius%20Star%20Trek%20Adventures
Reverse Engineered Character Creation.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g2ofDX0-7tgHojjk7sKcp7uVFSK3M52eVP45gKNJhgY/edit?usp=sharing
Core Rulebook
>IN NEED OF NEW LINKS

Older Licensed RPGs (FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher)
>http://pastebin.com/ndCz650p

Other (Unlicensed) RPGS (Far Trek + Lasers and Feelings)
>http://pastebin.com/uzW5tPwS

WizKids’ Star Trek: Attack Wing Miniatures Game
-Official WizKids Page (Rules and Player Resources)
>http://wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing/

GF9games Star Trek: Ascendancy Board Game
-Official Page
>http://startrek.gf9games.com/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Memory Beta - Noncanon wiki for licensed Star Trek works
>http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fan Sites - Analysis of episodes, information on ships, technobabble and more
>http://pastebin.com/mxLWAPXF

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>http://www.startrekmap.com/index.html

/stg/ Homebrew Content
>http://pastebin.com/H1FL1UyP
>>
Scanning for the adventures rulebook link, anyone posted a new one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBmaKk32fE
>>
File: Galandpid.gif (17KB, 904x742px) Image search: [Google]
Galandpid.gif
17KB, 904x742px
>>54643160
>And a Miranda's torpedo pod.
>And the nacelles that don't fit the style like the Galaxy class's ones or oversized Runabout ones.

Like this? It might not be as bad if I'd scaled down the nacelles instead of using full sized galaxy ones.
>>
>>54644389
Scale down the nacelles and you would have a really nice looking ship.
>>
>>54644389
How about adding a phaser lance like in Galaxy-X?
Hell, let's make it three while we are at it!
>>
File: Galandpid2.gif (16KB, 832x704px) Image search: [Google]
Galandpid2.gif
16KB, 832x704px
>>54644499

>>54644602
I'll have to do that later.
>>
>>54644639
That is a genuinely good looking Protagonist Ship.

Looks like a sort of deep space survey ship if we can assume the extra bulk on the back end is for small craft and supplies.
>>
>>54644639
Honestly, the Galaxy nacelles are sticking out like a sore thumb. Would be better if you used the Intrepid nacelles.
>>
>>54644639
Still looks better than Discovery.

>>54644894
Gotta go full kitbash, which means using poorly chosen engines and always including the rollbar because apparently everything needs one.

>>54644602
Oh, could add a 3rd nacelle down the centre-line, that'd really 'work'.
>>
>>54644371
See
>>54627131
>>
>>54644978
How about flipping the Nebbie pod around so that it's backwards? I think it might look good with the trailing edge swept forward...
>>
>>54645178
>>54627131
Koppel#0941

And thanks! Have a group of friends that have been wanting to try this one.
>>
>>54645431
Sent you a thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSdLD_YodQ
>>
File: iWKad22.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>54646336
Totally did not tear up a bit at that, honest.
>>
>>54646336
>>54646987

Something else he did was that when Star Trek the Animated Series was being cast, the studio wanted to cast other people for the roles of Uhura and Sulu. Doohan threatened to break contract if they didn't at least offer the roles to Nichols and Takei.
>>
>>54647191
>>54646336
He seems like a genuinely very nice man.
>>
File: 1425093665739.jpg (232KB, 977x1353px) Image search: [Google]
1425093665739.jpg
232KB, 977x1353px
>>54647261
Shame he died of... well basically everything.
>>
>>54648100
Goddamn man, I did not need these feels.

Interesting story, ex girlfriend has an uncle who knows Shatner. Chatted with the guy a bit about a decade ago and he we were chatting about Star Trek and shit because of that and I asked if he had ever met any other crew members (he didn't) but he remembers the day DeForrest Kelley died because apparently Shatner called him and was on the verge of tears and was all choked up and shit.

Wonder if he got a call the day Leonard Nimoy passed...
>>
>>54648417
Damn, that's a hell of a story. I know Shatner and Nimoy didn't have the best relationship, but it's nice to be reminded that they were in fact friends and one did mourn the other's passing.

It must be insane to meet a stranger and then watch as they become that kind of massive presence in your life. I can only imagine what that's like. I have old and dear friends but nothing on the scale of 50 years.
>>
File: Occupation borders.png (1MB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Occupation borders.png
1MB, 1000x667px
http://www.st-minutiae.com/articles/treaties/surrenderc.html
TL;DR
>The Cardassian Union, within her frontiers as they were on Stardate 50536.8, will, for the purposes of occupation, be divided into three zones, one to be allotted to each power as follows (see related map)
>The Cardassian System, including Cardassia Prime, will be occupied by forces of each of the three powers. An inter-Allied governing authority consisting of three commandants, appointed by their respective commanders-in-chief, will be established to direct jointly its administration.

I’ve never thought about it before, but post-Dominion War Cardassia makes for an extremely compelling setting.

>Klingons go klingon, taking prizes and wealth while grinding the Cardassians underfoot. Every few months another political incident occurs because Cardy refugees keep fleeing into the Romulan and Federation zones. The Klingons tackle this problem by overly fortifying their borders and hunting down deserters, enforcing a blockade.
>Romulans don’t plan on keeping their territory beyond the end of the decade. Instead they recruit the few remaining power players left in the Obsidian Order and put them and the Tal’shiar to work, running multiple espionage operations. Lots of pandering to Cardassian nationalists, no intention of following through. Probably going to sell their territory to the Klingons just to make everyone angry.
>Starfleet is the backbone of the recovery effort, keeping industrial replicators in the region while focusing on rebuilding infrastructure and policing their space.

(cont)
>>
>>54649465
>Galaxy-Class vessel is called in to serve as a neutral diplomatic station over Cardassia Prime, hosting the Commandants alongside the shit show of the interim Cardassian government and a single Vorta left behind to represent the Dominion.
>Klingon Commandant is old as fuck and just wants a nice cozy planet he can retire to, dreaming of drinking bloodwine on his porch while watching Cardies work the fields.
>Romulan Commandant pities the Cardies, but mostly pities herself, because there’s a backbreaking amount of bureaucracy on her shoulders and the Senate wants to hide behind the Neutral Zone again. She believes in and supports the reunification with Vulcan.
>Starfleet Commandant is a moderate Andorian that doesn’t trust anyone as far as he can throw them. Firm but fair, but mostly firm, lacking in subtlety but an expert in managing situations exactly like this one. Mostly focused on restoring peace in the short term, then getting reassigned.
>Interim Cardassian Government is in shambles, held up by respected public figures under overwhelming pressure. Constantly being forced to compromise and grovel is causing deep schisms to form across the union, especially with the Klingon blockade.
>The Vorta was left behind to coordinate Dominion withdrawal from Cardassian space. Originally he was meant to be gone within 500 days, but ships and Alpha Jem’Hadar have gone missing. He’s been murdered four or five times by now, but the Dominion keeps printing out replacements.
>The Galaxy-Class has been fitted to launch a small fleet of shuttlecraft. The “Four in a Runabout” method requires one Cardassian (unarmed), one Klingon, one Romulan and one member of Starfleet present for all security and diplomatic operations.

So what do you think? Would you play Star Trek: The Third Man?
>>
>>54649489
>Would you play Star Trek: The Third Man?
First, great reference to a great film. Second, yes, yes I would. Fuck the Klinks though, seriously. They just can't do fucking anything right.
>>
>>54649465
>>54649489
>1950s Germany, In Space!
Fund it.
>>
>>54649489
Some more threats for players to deal with, whether they’re playing as a ship or as the crew of a Runabout;
>A handful of Galor and Keldor class vessels are gone along with a whole mountain of weapons. The delicious irony of their situation is lost on the True Way as they organise resistance in all zones, raiding ally supply lines meant for Cardassian civilians. The Klingons and Romulans are organising a bushfire, probably intent on wiping them all out.
>Rumours circulate of two or three Dominion ships turned pirate, probably carrying squads of Alpha Jem’Hadar. Vorta continues to deny Founder responsibility, but paranoia fuels conspiracy theories from rogue Changeling to genetic experiments.
>Ferengi privateers disgusted with Nagus Rom’s liberal leadings pour into the Ally Zones to earn themselves quick latinum. Mostly focused on smuggling, but for the right price they’ll carry Cardies across the Klingon blockade. Mostly the Ferengi are paving the way for the Orion Syndicate, who are quickly muscling in on black markets.
>Colonies in the demilitarised zones that weren’t completely wiped out by the Jem’Hadar absolutely hate the Unions and the Federation equally. No resistance as impressive as the Marquis yet, but expect the few survivors to cause a whole mess of political problems.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>54649489
>Starfleet Commandant is a moderate Andorian that doesn’t trust anyone as far as he can throw them. Firm but fair, but mostly firm, lacking in subtlety but an expert in managing situations exactly like this one. Mostly focused on restoring peace in the short term, then getting reassigned.
Counterpoint: Admiral Edward Jellico
>>
File: Jellicoe.jpg (74KB, 577x895px) Image search: [Google]
Jellicoe.jpg
74KB, 577x895px
>>54650275
Ah, fuck, you're completely right. I knew I was thinking of someone while writing that.
>>
>>54650220
>>Colonies in the demilitarised zones that weren’t completely wiped out by the Jem’Hadar
>implying any are left
>>
>>54650275
>Admiral Edward Jellico
Killed fleeing a starfleet ship after being taken over by a neural parasite.
>>
>>54644044
I love how the apparent proximity of Earth to Qo'nos, Romulus, and Cardassia means that these empire all by necessity have the capital of their great map blob right near the edge, like the galaxy is pizza slices and there are eight pepperoni arranged in the center and none anywhere else.

Also, fuck this alpha-beta Earth meridian bullshit, the stellar cartographers should have arranged it so that a line from the center of the galaxy to the midpoint between Vulcan, Andoria, Tellar, and Earth exactly bisected the alpha quadrant.
>>
>>54650591
Given how all the races are generally referred to in the shaw as Alpha Quadrant races, including the Klingons and Romulans, I just tend to head-canon that the meridian line doesn't exist and Sector 001 is purely a product Federation nomenclature.
>>
>>54650220
Garak as the head of the new Obsidian Order could be fun, especially if one of the Romulans recognizes him.
>>
>>54650879
Honestly, Stitch In Time is so good that it should be canonized as part of the game's setting. >>54649465 read it because it's good.
>>
>>54650275
I don't know if this is true or not but I do remember reading somewhere that in the very early stages of DS9's development, Jellico was supposed to be the captain of the station.

Can you imagine him as the the emissary?
>>
>>54651085
>Jellico conquers the Prophets and retroactively destroys the Dominion with wormhole fuckery and a sample of Odo's base form
>>
File: Intrepid SweptNebBar.gif (20KB, 942x758px) Image search: [Google]
Intrepid SweptNebBar.gif
20KB, 942x758px
>>54645393
>>54644894
Decided to try this out.
>>
File: Intrepid SweptNeb.gif (15KB, 912x711px) Image search: [Google]
Intrepid SweptNeb.gif
15KB, 912x711px
>>54651526
And without the Miranda roll bars.
>>
>>54651526
I like the layout for the quad nacelles but I think the pod looked better the other way around, the lines flowed better.
>>
Would being your own great grandfather increase the risk of being born with a birth defect?

No wonder the DoTI hates predestination paradoxes.
>>
>>54651883
No, because there's too much genetic difference at that stage.
>>
File: 1501643455025.gif (87KB, 912x711px) Image search: [Google]
1501643455025.gif
87KB, 912x711px
>>54651561
>>54651526
Looks predatory but hefty, sorta Romulan...
Intrepid nacelles don't work either: maybe instead of nacelles, make bits of the nebula pod glow?
>>
File: 1500100924421.jpg (98KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
1500100924421.jpg
98KB, 825x464px
>>54652091
Whose excited for STD!!!!!
This is going to be the best show ever made. All the reviewers are giving it a 10/10 and the show isnt even made yet!
>pic related
We get to follow her on her journey to discover the galaxy as she discovers herself as a woman! #HYPE
http://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-differences-other-series/
>>
File: Lance_Intrepid.gif (23KB, 926x742px) Image search: [Google]
Lance_Intrepid.gif
23KB, 926x742px
>>54644602
>How about adding a phaser lance like in Galaxy-X?
>Hell, let's make it three while we are at it!
Phaser lances are big. An Intrepid hull has difficulty handling 2 even with the Nebula Module.

Brace yourself.
>>
>>54652437
Awwwww yeah, now we're getting into the real shit kitbash territory.
>>
>>54652472
If you want zany slapped-together stuff, I have a Nova with a Vulcan ring drive somewhere...
>>
File: Oh god, why.png (170KB, 1643x903px) Image search: [Google]
Oh god, why.png
170KB, 1643x903px
>>54652499
A 3d model, at any rate...
>>
>>54652530
Expand the main hull a bit so the wings attach at the top two red nodes.
>>
>>54652549
Nah, I like it as is; tell you what, I'll put it on the SketchUp 3D Warehouse and let you futz with it.
>>
>>54652583
Cool thanks.
>>
>>54652596
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/e11e3515-06d8-4dd1-82b0-7eb4800843b0/Federation-Planetary-Scout-WIP
>>
File: More warp drive.gif (18KB, 1188x740px) Image search: [Google]
More warp drive.gif
18KB, 1188x740px
>>54652091
Used Intrepid scale nacelle bits for this. Came out looking more like a time ship. Can't say I care for it.

>>54652530
Looks almost more like a Prometheus saucer. Not bad really.
Connecting the ring at other points was my first impulse as well.
>>
>>54652767
Maybe hinge them like the actual Intrepid: have them fold almost 90° to be vertical when at warp, like big 50's Cadillac tailfins...
>>
>>54652950
Tom Paris pls.
>>
File: battleship_primovictoria_v5.jpg (238KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
battleship_primovictoria_v5.jpg
238KB, 1000x733px
>>54652499
>>54652530
That looks way too cool for a shitty kitbash, damn thing doesn't even have any torpedo pods, megaphasers, rollbars or big blocky sections because the creator was simply copy-pasting bits together and didn't have the skill to design and draw anything fitting to fill in.

I mean if you asked me what an updated Vulcan ship would look like, it'd be that more or less.
>>
TOS is better than TNG.
That is all.
>>
>>54651526
>>
>>54652767
Flip the rear wing around and put nacelles under it, plus impulse drives on the rear. Will look sweet.
>>
>>54653140
This ship a cute.
>>
>>54653099
That was the idea: this is a planetary scout, the "arrowhead" detaches for planetary landings and leaves the stardrive in orbit. While fast and small, it has little in the way of armor or weapons as being an exploratory scout does not merit any.
Vulcans would be the ideal crew, as they are the least likely to fuck things up or get involved in shit that requires a bigger/more powerful/flexible/different ship...therefore, they would be the ship's designers/contractors.
C'mon, you know they'd love speeding between scientific observations while ignoring everything not on the to-do list...
>>
>>54653111
Let's compare

TV-series:
TOS 3rd season was mostly utter carbage and you know it, where as TNG had their shit seasons, mainly 1st and 7th, they have still alot more better episodes than TOS so just by volume alone they win

Movies
TNG movies had 1 good movie and rest where meh to god damn utter shit

TOS movies had 2 good movies, two ego projects (1st and 5th), and 2 decent ones so
TOS wins on the movie side.
>>
>>54646336
It's weird that movie Scotty and TOS Scotty were almost entirely different characters. TOS Scotty spent a good amount of episodes as a very competent acting Captain while Kirk/Spock/Mccoy were fucking around planetside and spent the rest of his time either in the transporter room or wandering the ship in a drunken haze ranting about something. He picked fights with Klingons and outsmarted the episode villain more than once.

Movie Scotty doesn't leave engineering short of a catastrophe.
>>
>>54645178
Hey if you're still down for sharing, DocBeard#4315
>>
>>54649465
>>54649489
I love the idea of the Romulan master plan being "pick the troll option to fuck up everyone's day".

Fucking Romulans.
>>
>>54653631
Movie Scotty is variously trying to ready the ship for it's first cruise, shepherd a bunch of raw recruits into battle damage control, hold together a kludged together crippled ship, figure out the wacky shit on a captured Klingon vessel, and fix the malfunctioning Enterprise-A. When does the man actually have time to do anything else outside of Star Trek VI?
>>
>>54653111
Both are subordinate to DS9 so the point is moot.
>>
>>54653111
Maybe on average but TNG has a far higher median
>>
>>54652437
Is it bad that I want this? Because I really want this.
>>
>>54652437
I would serve on that ship.
>>
Hey photo-editor anon you still around? If you are I have a request for you. Would you mind doing a few edits of the Ambassador class? Specifically ones of it facing towards and away from the sun. And then maybe a shot of it by that Excelscior you use?

I'm sorry if this is a pain in the ass. I don't know if that's feasible because I don't play STO. If it's not possible that's cool.
>>
>>54654336
The Romulans are super ethno-centric. 10/10 times they'll pick race-baiting over a rational argument.
>>
>>54645178
Damar#2259 if you're still around.
>>
>>54657053
Yeah I'm around. Will get on it. It's no bother because every Starfleet player gets an Ambassador in a special mission. Expect them some time tomorrow. Work is currently a nightmare.
>>
File: TOS Nacelle.jpg (121KB, 1128x848px) Image search: [Google]
TOS Nacelle.jpg
121KB, 1128x848px
TOS Nacelles.

Round bit at the aft end or vent holes?
>>
>>54658676
Top one looks better imho
>>
>>54657679
Yeah, sent you a request.
>>
>>54659520
Thanks man
>>
Sup /STG/ I need ideas for a good old fashioned Prime Directive violation resulting in war with a warp capable civilization.
>>
>>54660122
>Warp capable race that is living in a little nebula has enslaved several worlds full of pre-FTL races
>Your guys come around
>Have to choose what to do, prime directive says you cant do shit to help the pre-FTL races and going to war with a FTLcapable race that is unaligned could end poorly if some party that opposes federation ends up joining their side

How does that sound like?
>>
>>54660122
Starfleet loses a shuttlecraft on the planet, can't go back for it without contamination. Industrial revolution era species reverse engineers warp drive and phasers, but everything else is steam power.

Romulans give a small prewarp border empire warp drive and WMDs, sic them on the local federation stations and colonies.

Maquis find impressionable pre or barely warp capable civilization, recruit them and bring them to join the fight only to find that it's over. They keep fighting it regardless, possibly in collusion or direct opposition to True Way forces.

One of the planets the early federation didn't save because of muh prime directive develops warp drive, joins the federation, finds out their most awful chapter of history could have been prevented and wasn't, and thanks to that delay the surrounding worlds are colonized and they have no room to expand. They withdraw and, with support from the klingons/cardassians/romulans/dominion begin to carve out their own backwater empire.
>>
>>54660122
The old Arena/Gorn scenario, where the Federation is setting up military bases and colonies inside a a mildly xenophobic foreign powers territory without bothering to check
>>
>>54660300
At least they learned from their mistake

It's not as if they did the exact same thing after discovering the wormhole.
>>
>>54660269
>One of the planets the early federation didn't save because of muh prime directive develops warp drive, joins the federation, finds out their most awful chapter of history could have been prevented and wasn't, and thanks to that delay the surrounding worlds are colonized and they have no room to expand.

This is borderline infuriating.
To finally reach a point where space travel is cheap and easy only to find some cocknozzles have claimed everything around you, possibly even planets in your own solar system, while willfully ignoring your attempts at making first contact because of an arbitrary technology level and oh, they've been watching you from a secret base in the mountains the whole time.
>>
>>54660161
Spartans subjugating Helots in space. Could work.

>>54660269
I'd rather stay away from the Maquis but the others are interesting.

>>54660324
I think only the Bajorans set up a colony in the Gamma quadrant.
>>
>>54660356
This is half the plot for Speaker for the Dead, and it's an excellent one.
>>
>>54660356
>possibly even planets in your own solar system
Federation doesn't seem to do this. They dismantled the crashed saucer section of the Enterprise D so it wouldn't be found later when people on the other habitable planet in system developed space flight.
But yeah, having all of the surrounding systems colonized before you would be a bitch.
>>
So the NOT VULCAN woman in Discovery is apparently the foster daughter of Sarek because reasons.
>>
>>54661552
Yeah, we... I dunno if we're still mad enough to care or are just burnt out on all the WTF that Discovery keeps throwing at us.
>>
>>54661588
Personally i just don't care anymore, STD has become white noise at this point and all i am anymore looking forward to are the reports of its plummeting viewership count.
>>
>>54661625
I've hit that point also.

Part of me want's it to fail, and fail hard, so that the assholes responsible for it get crucified for making so many baffling mistakes. Maybe then, some years down the line and hopefully after STD is considered non-canon, we can get an actual good series.

But we won't. When it flops they will declare that "people just don't want Trek anymore" or something to that effect and the rights to it will languish in obscurity until forgotten and all we will be left with is JJTrek and STO.
>>
>>54661738

This, unfortunately.
>>
>>54661738
Jesus fucking christ that's depressing.
>>
>>54662238
Cheer up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lxIL1WlxSQ
>>
>>54662238
Really is.
>>
>>54661738
>>54661858
>>54662238
>>54662506
>>54663054
Never thought I'd see the day, but I feel like MacFarlane's the only hope we have. He's got Trek alumni working on Orville, and he's made a point of trying to fill the void that opened up now that all the new material isn't really Trek-y in any sense of the word. If it does well - a lot better than ST:D, in particular which is largely a given, it might just be noticed.
>>
>>54663210

The thing is, is that it's entirely possible that STD is going be successful - but it isn't going to do so by appealing to fans like us. No matter your opinions on the various shows/movies and their different levels of quality, we (the hardcore, lifetime fans) are the minority.

They only need to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and in NA at least, convince people to buy into CBS All Access. I can't think of what else CBS has that appeals to the mainstream to get them to buy into yet another streaming service, but then, I'm not your average NA region TV watcher (as in, I barely watch TV at all).

As much as I dislike NuTrek (well, Beyond was alright), it resonated with the mainstream, and with younger viewers who weren't alive to see TNG when it was new.

So, it has two hurdles: Appeal to the mainstream, and convince them to buy into CBS All Access. Technically speaking, it's already paid for, thanks to the Netflix deal, so we'll just have to wait and see.

My two pesos is that I'm going to wait. I didn't watch ENT when it was on because VOY had left a bad taste in my mouth (and I'm glad I waited) and STD has all the indicators that it isn't going to be my sort of Trek. I'll just have to be happy with my TOS episodes and my TMP-UC movie collection.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (480KB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
480KB, 1436x1080px
At this point it's been 12 years since the last TV show and 16 years since the last non-prequel TV show, so I honestly don't give a shit if it bothers with continuity. Just call it an alternate universe or whatever the fuck. That shit's already canon. Whether it's good or not will have nothing to do with whether it follows pre-established continuity, although I will say I haven't seen anything that's made me believe it'll be any good.
>>
>>54663378
But the thing is, it's going to struggle to be successful no matter what. Granted, there are those who'll be flocking to it because "well at least it isn't JJTrek" - which is true, because Paramount's treatment of the franchise is still a lot worse than CBS's has been so far. But VOY's popularity with normies, for want of a better word, was because it was still riding the TNG popularity wave and because it was so episodic.

STD is trying to float a new aesthetic and mouthfeel with neither of those benefits, just like ENT, and we all know how well that went down. It's making a point of opposing the NuTrek movies (good), which means it'll likely get the TNG-era fans watching it (good?), most of whomst'd've are currently shitting on it for retconning so much. They're trying to make classic-ish trek with NuTrek aesthetics, and they're going to push away fans of both. Hell, I thought ENT was decent,
especially compared to what I expect from STD
>>
>>54663573

Part of the problem is that they've been chasing the mythical TNG fans for decades now. They don't exist. They never existed. And you know why? Because you had non-fans watching TNG because it was a cut above other entertainment on during the same period, and it was syndicated, meaning there were a lot of options for watching it. Plus, the episodic nature meant that you could miss an episode and not be lost.

VOY was, as you said, riding TNG's coattails, but it wasn't anywhere near as successful. I can't vouch for the veracity of these numbers, but if they're close, then it's indicative of how big the difference between a niche audience and a mainstream audience is.

>https://www.trektoday.com/articles/ratings_history.shtml
>>
>>54660269
>Maquis using technologies and tactics that the Federation has written off as too much trouble.

Uplifting primitives as phaser fodder troops. Creating augments capable of ripping Cardassian soldiers limb from limb with their bare hands. Time travel preemptive strikes.
>>
>>54664477
I honestly dislike this because it defeats the purpose of the Maquis from a storytelling point of view. They're not monstrous, just self-centered.
>>
>>54660122
>Six decades ago, a Federation merchant ship, the SS Coraline, surveyed a sector beyond the edge of Federation space, reporting back a surprising lack of useful or inhabited planets by subspace before disappearing without a trace, presumed lost in space.
>Crew of the USS Excalibur has been assigned to explore the sector in further detail. Eight star systems, all poorly charted.
>Immediately on exploring the first star system, they notice it doesn't match the survey files that the merchant ship sent back at all. There are more planets, some with notable mineral reserves, others with life that went entirely unreported.
>The second system they explore is inhabited - a space station orbits the fifth planet, and a small, somewhat primitive, but warp capable ship informs the players that they are violating the space of a Protectorate of the Coraline Alliance
1/2
>>
>>54664644
>Up to the players to determine what they do about this fairly obvious breach of the Prime Directive. The Coraline Alliance, on investigation, reveals itself to be a single planet of humanoids who, with the assistance of tech from the SS Coraline and her crew, turned conquerors and established a small empire in this sector. The central planet rules over the other five with an iron fist, but has clearly established its Alliance to be a notable nation that can't be ignored
>If the players contact Starfleet Command, it'll take a few days to get a message by subspace, but the answer will be that they should establish diplomatic contact with this Coraline Alliance and attempt to find out what happened to the SS Coraline's crew and if any of them are alive.
>Players have to deal with what they do when a violation of the Prime Directive has gotten so badly out of control that it's essentially impossible to undo
>The contravening argument is likely to become "we have a responsibility to undo the damage" vs "we have no right to interfere" and "this Coraline Alliance is a brutal empire" vs "they're a sovereign nation and we can't just topple them for our own principles."

This is what I plan on running
>>
>>54652530
Gotta say: I like this. If you told me this was A prototype pushed by an eccentric Vulcan I'd accept it almost as is in terms of profile, maybe just muss with the nacelles on the ring a bit.

It reads as being BIG to me too. Like, Sovereign fits stem to stern under the main 'spade' section of the hull with room to spare.
>>
>>54657515
My God. They're /pol/.
>>
>>54662238
William Shatner may yet outlive the Star Trek franchise.
>>
>>54665776
Of course they are, half the species on Star Trek are it seems.
>>
Anyone got any good ideas for original alien species/cultures Planets Of Hats?
>>
>>54668036
If you're looking for alien ideas, just pick one random trait humans have (greed, pride, sloth, peacefulness, beauty, love, etc. It can be anything) and take it to 11. Give them a flaw and then rubber forehead them with whatever you want. Forehead ridges, large ears, orange skin with blue hair. Do whatever.
>>
>>54668036
>>54668178

Or you can make rhino lizard whale people with four arms. Worked for STO.
>>
>>54668036
Listen to a news story. Make a planet that's about that story. Pick a color and paint them that.
>>
>>54668178
Importantly though: try and flesh them out so their philosophy makes sense. As much as the Ferengi represented a comedic obsession with greed, seven seasons on DS9 gave them a fleshed out and detailed society so they at least seem like a reasonably alien species instead of just a cookie-cutter one-dimensional bunch of idiots like they were in TNG.
>>
>>54668636
If the alien will just be there for a short while, no need for too much info.
>>
>>54668703
Yeah but they should at least act like they come from a well developed society. Being more memorable will mean the players will want to see more of that character and species.
>>
File: 1491374969744.png (2MB, 1920x4444px) Image search: [Google]
1491374969744.png
2MB, 1920x4444px
so a friend of mine is planning on running a one shot star trek game and i'm putting my own twist on (pic related) as my character.
the dm has already said i'll likely be unable to access the computers higher functions without the captains authorization and i'm fine with that. my plan is to make use of lesser ships systems to get done what i want or just monkey wrench this shit myself. but i'm not much of a treky and the DM is. most of my knowlage on the subject is from watching TNG rather than reading technical manuals. i have a pretty good grasp of real science but this shit is borderline space magic.

so getting to my point at last.
i could use some help and inspiration coming up with plans to use unrestricted systems of a Galaxy class star ship for fun and duty.
>>
>>54669206
>boarding party that shields against phasers = replicate a machine gun
>monster of the week gets loose = beam it into space
>holodeck malfunction = hard kill the power to that deck
Unfettered access to the control systems of a Galaxy class starship makes you a living god by the standards of most RPGs. Go nuts.
>>
>>54661625
>>54661738
Here's two vids covering the rumors, but it basicaly boils down to rights holder Vs License. It appears Discovery is being made under the JJ-verse license issued by CBS to Bad Robot. After the bad fan reaction CBS feels the fans and is preparing a fallback in case both Discovery and the All Access fail. The guy behind ST 2 and 6 leaked at SDCC he is working on a ST seines under CBS (who holds all the Prime Universe rights) to be set in Prime and CBS execs have all but written discovery off and are rumored to plan a cancellation after one season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQcLLfzzKWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I3y3_QmBsQ&t=2s
>>
>>54669771
marvelous. hadnt thought of modern weapons to counter high tech threats like borg. he could go full rock and roll with a PMK and never risk a hull breach unless he clipped a warp conduit.
>>
>>54669206
>>54669771
>>54671290
also i must redact something, we have a nova class, not galaxy.
>>
>>54671290
This is basically one of he Picard movies
He goes in the holodeck deactivates the safeties and shoot a borg to shit with a Thomson
>>
>>54645178
No idea if you're still sharing, though either way I appreciate you helping folks out!

If possible, I'm on: Lexiconjurer#6936
>>
File: IMG_2781.jpg (247KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2781.jpg
247KB, 1512x864px
>>54657053
>>
File: IMG_2784.jpg (270KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2784.jpg
270KB, 1512x864px
>>54657053
>>
File: IMG_2786.jpg (257KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2786.jpg
257KB, 1512x864px
>>54657053
>>
File: IMG_2785.jpg (242KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2785.jpg
242KB, 1512x864px
>>54657053
There you go.
>>
>>54673005
>>54673048
>>54673291
>>54673304
Damn sexy, anon! Not the one who requested but damn! Good job!
>>
>>54673005
>>54673048
>>54673291
>>54673304
would you be able to do a nebula above a fancy ring or a brightly colored moon?
>>
File: IMG_2794.jpg (265KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2794.jpg
265KB, 1512x864px
>>54674241
Were you thinking something like this?
>>
>>54674241
Seconding this.
>>
>>54675047
Damn man, too quick for my post here >>54675052
>>
>>54675047
thanks, do you have anything in warmer colors like Vulcan but with rings or something?
>>
File: Photo 03-08-2017, 15 04 32.jpg (264KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 03-08-2017, 15 04 32.jpg
264KB, 1512x864px
>>54675180
Currently looking for one. There's a few that look okay from the sector map. But they're much more muted in system. And the size difference in sector mode means you can only really get away with shots that make the ships look much further away from the world.

For example, here's a personal favourite, the Zahl system, form sector space. But, in system, it's weirdly washed out and they made a hames of adding asteroids to it.
>>
File: Photo 03-08-2017, 15 05 34.jpg (281KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 03-08-2017, 15 05 34.jpg
281KB, 1512x864px
>>54675447
Then here's... Serda? Setra? Some fuckhole system near New Talax, anyway, but you can't get near the world in system.
>>
File: Photo 03-08-2017, 15 21 02.jpg (232KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 03-08-2017, 15 21 02.jpg
232KB, 1512x864px
>>54675474
As for a moon, you can't go wrong with good-ol Kobali Prime

Unless you land there and play through the Kobali arc, that is
>>
File: Photo 03-08-2017, 15 20 02.jpg (254KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 03-08-2017, 15 20 02.jpg
254KB, 1512x864px
>>54675561
At any rate, the servers are down for the moment so I can't go looking for stuff until this evening.
>>
>>54675447
>>54675474
>>54675561
>>54675584
thanks for the effort might just use one of these as a wallpaper
>>
>>54675047
Huh, dunno if intentional or not but this looks practically identical to that part of the VOY intro.
>>
>>54676274
That's what I was going for, yeah.
>>
To all STO fags out there, the phoenix packs are back!
>>
>>54677685
MotherFUCK
>>
>>54677685
Good thing I have a full dickload of Dilithium
>>
Season 14 in October.
Gamma Quadrant expansion next summer.
https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/893155333035532289
>>
>>54672423
Sent an invite.
>>
Which actor has been in the most episodes of Star Trek?
>>
>>54678233
My personal guess is Leonard Nimoy.
>>
>>54678233
Micheal Dorn no question. 7 seasons of TNG, 4 seasons of DS9, main character the entire time so in practically every episode of those seasons.
>>
>>54678233
My bets would go on either Micheal Dorn or Colm Meaney. Not sure how many episodes O'Brien appeared in for TNG so I'd have to favour Dorn.
>>
>>54678233

Majel Barret
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhnd5h1CyqE
>>
>>54679420
Btw, why are the Kentari using the same ships the neutrals are using?
>>
>>54679420
>Yet again, no Cardassians
You can go suck on a big old antimatter induction port, Cryptic.
>>
>>54679727
We don't know that yet.
But since Im a pessimist I think they still wont be made playable, because fuck fun! t:cryptic
>>
>>54679727
>>54679859
To be fair to Cryptic (wew lad), they kinda shot themselves in the foot when they made the Galor (and later, the Keldon) lockbox ships.

I mean, what else would a spoonhead sub-faction get for ships? The fucking Hidekis?
>>
>>54679499
Re-use of ship models is one of the oldest Star Trek traditions.
>>
>>54680494
They had a similar problem with the Romulans. The D'Deridex and Mogai were both lockbox ships before the Romulan faction. They just rebranded the lockbox ships as Tal Shiar variants and then carried on. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to do the same for the Cardassians.
>>
>>54679420
Looks decidedly bland. Can't wait for some bullshit subplot about the Dominion being behind the Iconians
>>
>>
>>54645178
Please.

KBlast#7976
>>
>>54675584
Man these are all great. But this last one. Wow. Do you have anything in intrepid class?
>>
>>54682640
Sent.
>>
File: IMG_2066.jpg (240KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2066.jpg
240KB, 1512x864px
>>54682695
At the moment I just have a couple of the customary shots of it heading towards and away from the sun. Was there something in particular you were looking for?
>>
>>54682879
Man that's cool. Something in mobile resolution maybe? Top down over a planet, or from the port bow? Next to a gas giant or asteroid belt?

I'm new forgive me. But do you make these? They are all so great
>>
>>54679420
>>54679499
Okay, but have we actually seen anything escalate yet?
>>
File: IMG_2828.jpg (285KB, 864x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2828.jpg
285KB, 864x1512px
>>54683086
Yeah, I make them. My PC is crap so I edit my screenshots to look like that.

Here's a couple like you described, in phone-screen sizes.
>>
File: IMG_2829.jpg (292KB, 864x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2829.jpg
292KB, 864x1512px
>>54684130
>>
File: IMG_2831.jpg (230KB, 864x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2831.jpg
230KB, 864x1512px
>>54684152
>>
>>54684152
Can you do a Steamrunner at phone size? Like, in orbit of a planet or something like this Intrepid is? Steamrunner is best girl and I'd love it on my phone.
>>
Fuck Bajorans
>>
File: Dukat.jpg (23KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
Dukat.jpg
23KB, 400x397px
>>54684325
Gladly
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (28KB, 680x281px) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
28KB, 680x281px
>>54684355
>>
File: Most erotic.jpg (154KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
Most erotic.jpg
154KB, 692x530px
>>54684325
>>
File: IMG_2840.jpg (263KB, 864x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2840.jpg
263KB, 864x1512px
>>54684262
That's, unfortunately, a bit difficult. I don't own the Steamrunner and she's about 2500 C to buy. There's a single Steamrunner at ESD, but it's placed awkwardly so getting a good angle on it is difficult. I'll try to line something up better tomorrow, but for now here's one
>>
>>54684902
Well, I appreciate your efforts regardless. You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.
>>
>>54684325
A tad harsh. The Bajorans are hardly the most egregious race in Trek.
>>
>>54685030
Are you stupid or something? Literally everything awful in the best Star Trek series is their fault. I agree with the other anon: fuck Bajorans.
>>
>>54685131

The Maquis being obnoxious wankstains? Empok Nor being a shithole? Mirror Universe shenanigans?
>>
>>54685339
The Maquis were basically space libertarians.
>DON'T TREAD ON ME
>GOVERNMENT GET OUT
>AM I BEING DETAINED
>REEEEEEEEE
>[phaser fire]
>>
>>54685339
>The Maquis being obnoxious wankstains?
Direct consequence of the Cardassian occupation of Bajor which the Bajorans failed to resist or ask for help with, instead preferring to resist with shitty handguns and yell "muh 50 million".

>Empok Nor being a shithole?
If they weren't being shitty resistance fighters and instead had fought the Cardies properly the first time, there would have been no need for Empok Nor at all, much less it being a shithole (and it was a shithole purely to try and keep the Bajorans in line, for the record).

>Mirror Universe shenanigans?
They're responsible for the Terrans being curbstomped, which sucks, because the Terran Empire was awesome and easily the best part of the MU.

Seriously, fuck the Bajorans. They're just wastes of fucking space. I'd rather have Pakleds.
>>
>>54663378
>CBS All Access

What money-grubbing morons. They make kissy faces at Netflix to get the series rolling, then use them to distribute everywhere on the fucking planet EXCEPT their target market. There they shoehorn it behind a paywall on a streaming service LITERALLY NO ONE USES, ensuring that (1) first run viewer numbers will be fucking horrid, (2) every die hard worth their salt will pirate / torrent, and (3) the rest will wait until the season is dumped to damn near everyone's streaming service of choice before binging. Basically guaranteeing that the metrics appear to indicate that it's a total flop regardless of whether it actually is or not.

And knowing how people (especially Americans) reflexively create acronyms, what utter moron greenlit a title that naturally abbreviates to STD?
>>
>>54685451
>Direct consequence of the Cardassian occupation of Bajor

Negative. Consequence of the Feddie-Spoonhead war. Bajor was incidental at best. Bajorans recruited well because muh 50 millions.

>Empok Nor

You're thinking of Terok Nor. Empok Nor was an identical mining base elsewhere that had fuck-all to do with Bajor.

>They're responsible for the Terrans being curbstomped

How you figure? That was pretty much Starfleet and Ben "My Giant Swinging Dick Is A Gift From The Prophets" Sisko.
>>
>>54685460

Even more fun, Discovery will be the service's flagship, like VOY and ENT were for UPN.

>acronyms

I'm sure they thought it would DSC or DIS or whatever because of VOY and ENT (it probably will be, officially). But STD was just hanging out there, waiting for people to grab on to it. Just another indicator of the quality programming CBS has in store.
>>
Was it ever revealed what TOS event Discovery will take its cue from?

Also, does anyone else think the new uniform and Klingon designs look like fucking shit?
>>
>>54685886
No, yes, it looks like a syfy channel original series. So completely shit and there's no reason for it.
>>
>>54685886

Nothing of substance has been revealed about STD. And yes, the Klingons look like shit, as do their ships.

>http://trekmovie.com/2017/07/20/sdcc17-star-trek-discovery-concept-art-details-klingon-and-federation-ships/
>>
>>54686175
>Those Klingon ships
Jesus, what a clusterfuck. Why in the hell don't they just streamline the design of everything? It'd be ten times cheaper and be in line with canon.

I'm not saying it has to look like it came from 1963, but you'd think they'd be looking for every way possible to both please the fans and save a buck.
>>
>>54686355

They're chasing the mainstream audience, rather than the core of the fandom. I guess they can't accept that TNG isn't going to happen again.
>>
>>54686175
After seeing those Klingon ships suddenly the Discovery doesn't look quite as bad.

Shenzhou still looks like it's in the wrong century though.
>>
>>54686435
The mainstream audience doesn't care about Trek beyond the old-school charm of TOS and TNG and the action movie schlock of the films, neither of which is being delivered with STD.
>>
>>54686470

I was going to counterpoint with the fact that the mainstream ate up JJTrek, but then I thought better of it, and will instead ask this:

Then who is STD for? Who is the target audience? The core of the fandom won't like it, and the mainstream doesn't care. Who is the audience for this crap?
>>
>>54686519

"Millennials", because CBS has zero understanding whatsoever of any demographics under 60.
>>
>>54684130
>>54684152
Man these these are magnificent thank you. I'm not trying to rip or anything I'm actually generally curious. How do you do this? Is it like a rendering software or do you read in screenshots and apply filter?

Is there a databank of these anywhere in case I wanted to download the set as a rotating wallpaper face
>>
>>54686692

Fair enough. It's just weird because I'm young enough to be considered a millennial and my first Trek was TOS reruns. The first time I heard about TNG was the episode of Reading Rainbow where LeVar Burton talked about how they filmed the special effects.

Either CBS is really out of touch, or I am. It may just be me. That's okay though.
>>
>>54686519
>I was going to counterpoint with the fact that the mainstream ate up JJTrek
And even then, relative to the budget they really didn't. 09 did well enough, but that's because it had the big shiny fresh reboot scent. Into Darkness only barely made its budget back in North America, and Beyond fell short. International box office returns were better on paper, but those are never reliable from a financial standpoint because of how movie distribution works outside of North America.
>>
>>54686844

Well, Into Darkness was genuinely awful on multiple levels, so it doesn't surprise me that it soured the mainstream audience and that it affected Beyond. So, I sit corrected I guess. I thought they were more successful than they were based on 2009's performance.
>>
>>54686897
I actually disliked Beyond even more than Into Darkness. Darkness at least gave us a cool ship in the Vengeance (derpy but endearing honestly) and Cummerbund had a few moments. Beyond's alien chick was just stupid and they ruined the one decent thing about JJTrek: the ship.
>>
>>54687060

I think you and I just fundamentally disagree on some things (which is fine, whatever floats your boat).

I hate the JJTrek ship. I disliked In2Darkness - Wrath of Khan 2: Electric Boogaloos about face from a commentary on fear culture, military adventurism, and misappropriation of resources for secret war projects to "let's just WoK again, but worse". The Vengeance is good from a cinematic perspective: it is a visual representation of the betrayal of everything the Federation holds dear. Aside from that it's just a big dumb supersekret battleship.

I did like Into Darkness more than 2009 though, simply because it was impossible to disappoint me after 2009 did.

I didn't care for the alien chick in Beyond. I like that they did some different things visually, that Kirk was being more introspective and questioning why he personally was out there (and for once, I didn't find Pine insufferable). I was skeptical when /stg/ said it was more like a TOS episode than the other two movies had been, and while that isn't exactly true, the elements were there.
>>
>>54687270
I think the ship design of JJtrek is not good but I appreciate that they really tried to make it similar but clearly doing its own thing, which is why I like the ships.

As for Into Darkness vs. Beyond, let's preface this with the fact that they're both crap. Like, they're both terrible. I just like ID's brand of terrible more than Beyond's. I generally dislike all of the acting (though Bones is great in both movies due to Karl Urban being a great actor and genuinely seems to care about his roles). I do think though that, given time and effort, JJ could probably learn to make a good Trek film, but it isn't gonna happen now.
>>
>>54687270
>>54687060
>>54686897

IMO, Into Darkness is the worst Trek movie and, barring pure silliness in things like Spock's Brain, one of the worst Star Trek *things* period. It is just an embarrassingly bad jerk-off that fundamentally misunderstands everything about what it's attempting to pay homage to. White Khan, the incredibly bad 'references', the science-lite that makes the Red Matter from 09 look like an academically verified substance produced by top scientists at MIT...

Beyond wasn't some great movie, but it at least felt like an old episode of TOS with all the extra flare you expect from the new movies. It felt like a fitting end to the series, as I doubt they'll make another one.
>>
>>54687415

>they're both crap

Those are fightan wor- No, wait, you're right. They're both pretty bad. I just like Beyond more because it reminds me more of TOS.

>Karl Urban is great

Agreed. The number of terrible movies he's been in is pretty staggering though, when you think about it. There was that vampire movie (Priest?), and Chronicles of Riddick, and a bunch more. Dredd was fantastic though.

I don't even want to talk about JJ. He just makes me all sorts of mad when I think about him.

>>54687439

I don't know. Into Darkness is bad, real bad, but worst? Nemesis and Generations are vying for that dubious honor. Is it down there next to them? Yes. Certainly.
>>
>>54687487
Nemesis and Generations are bad, but I don't think they tarnish anything as a result of their very existence. Storywise, both got semi-decent continuations (if you like novels) and, other than that, you could always just skip them. None of the TNG movies feel like super-important continuations of All Good Things.

Into Darkness just barfs all over Wrath of Khan, almost mockingly, and the way it fumbles around the most iconic characters in science fiction - not just Trek - but the genre and pop culture in general, is astoundingly awful. It should not be a surprise to anyone that the script was by the same people who write Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.
>>
>>54687646

I'm in the minority in that I dislike all of the TNG movies, so take that for what you will. The one that most resembles a TNG episode is Insurrection, which I find funny because of how most fans don't like it.

I agree with you that the point where Into Darkness becomes Wrath of Khan: Inferior In all Ways is extremely distasteful, and I'm not super surprised about the screenwriters. However, I'd already been disappointed by 2009 fumbling around with the TOS characters, so for me, it was expected.
>>
>>54687704

I suppose I trailed off there and should elaborate: The bits that elevated Into Darkness for me was the fear state that the Time Traveling Fashion Victim from 2009 had wrought, and how Admiral Robocop had taken that to heart and was willing compromise everything the Federation stood for to protect it, and how that could have contrasted with Kirk. I like the Vengeance for what it represented, and I liked the idea of the Federation being the aggressors in a "defensive" war.

But then they flubbed it by having Kirk have no real qualms with any of that aside from being the protagonist (which is entirely due to him being a pop culture stereotype of Kirk rather than being a character in his own right), and then doubled down on flubbing it with Khan showing up for no particularly good reason other than people remember Ricardo Montalbon from that good Star Trek movie from decades ago.
>>
>>54687797
I agree that that was the most interesting part of the movie, but it was such a small thing in comparison to Khan chewing the scenery that the whole subplot fell by the wayside. I'd have loved to have seen a movie about Khan being manipulated by evil Federation forces, but that sounds like too original an idea for Orci and Kurtzman.
>>
>>54679499
They buy them from some major shipyard. Why spend huge amounts of resources and time for your OPM navy when you can just buy decent ships on the open market? Sure, you might not be able to compete with the major space empires, but you weren't going to be able to do that anyways.
>>
>>54681106
>The D'Deridex and Mogai were both lockbox ships before the Romulan faction.
What did he mean by this?
>>
Did anyone else recieve the Modiphius email a day or so ago with a link to begin the Adventures Living Campaigns? I received the email with a shared mediafire link but there was nothing there.
>>
File: Voyager Concept.gif (23KB, 1380x700px) Image search: [Google]
Voyager Concept.gif
23KB, 1380x700px
Been working on TOS themed designs. Taking a break to attempt one or more of the Voyager concept sketches.
>>
>>54688512
I got an email from them but it doesn't have a mediafire link in it?
>>
>>54688694
I'm really loving those nacelles, as well as how the saucer seems to be "slotted" into the more straight-edged part.
>>
>>54688694
Doesn't really feel TOS-y to me. The strong lines on the primary hull have a more TNG feel to me
>>
>>54688789

Not being mean here, but re-read his second sentence. I don't know where in the world you are Excalibur Anon, but it might be bed time.
>>
>>54688840
...yeah. It is.
>>
>>54688727

This is a portion of the email I received on 7/31.
>>
File: Voyager Concept2.gif (28KB, 1364x692px) Image search: [Google]
Voyager Concept2.gif
28KB, 1364x692px
>>54688694
And with the top side module that was originally to be on it instead of just a Nebula pod.
>>
File: 3105402_o.gif (784KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
3105402_o.gif
784KB, 320x180px
>>54686833
>Either CBS is really out of touch, or I am.

Pic related.

Note that I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt as to being clueless. CBS is a given; they could test market water in the Sahara and decide on a Chuck Lorre sitcom instead.
>>
Has anyone ever played a Star Trek style game using Dogs in the Vineyard?

I'm thinking it would work pretty well in alot of cases, the issue I'm struggling with is the ship. I don't really know how to integrate it into the game.
>>
>>54687704
>he one that most resembles a TNG episode is Insurrection, which I find funny because of how most fans don't like it.
It's because the Baku were being incredibly fucking selfish and Picard, the man who kicked space Indians off their sacred planet, sided with them.
First Contact at least acknowledges Picard's history with the Borg, even if it does rewind some character development. There's no goddamn reason Picard would ever side with the Baku, especially with an existentially threatening war on.
>>
>>54687797
>and how Admiral Robocop had taken that to heart and was willing compromise everything the Federation stood for to protect it
I thought the Federation didn't really "stand" for anything until Picard's time. Kirk's Federation seemed far more pragmatic.
>>
>>54686175
That's okay if it's a very, very wealthy man's personal warbird.
>>
>>54686831
I do them through photoshop, formerly through GIMP. I do a bit of smoothing to get rid of the texture issues my pc has. Then add a series of coloured blooms to various light sources to make them stand out. Then I add a custom filter to it.

I had a database a while back on one of my websites. I'll go about setting one up for my current batch. Should have it up later today.
>>
>>54690440
TOS Federation is best Federation, when it was an ill-defined alliance between several seperate states which still acted as seperate states. The best setting for politics, adventures and shooting Romulans.
>>
>>54687704
>The one that most resembles a TNG episode is Insurrection, which I find funny because of how most fans don't like it.
That's because it most resembles one of the boring S7 episodes. Not only boring as a story, but also had boring action too. Combine this with the dumbed-down-for-mass-audiences aspect, and you can see why many fans don't really like it.
>>
How would you fix insurrection?
>>
>>54690723
The original story pitch of it being the Heart of Darkness in Trek wasn't bad. What I'd probably do is make it so it's an old friend of Picard's who's gone native in an attempt to prevent the Jem'Hadar from creating a new front in the war. The Son'a would be wavering on whether to stay in the Federation or go over to the Dominion while they could, and wouldn't look like plastic surgery addicts. The Enterprise has to start off with diplomacy, then end the movie fighting a Jem'hadar BB and portions of the Son'a fleet, ending with the Dominion getting kicked out of the sector.
>>
>>54690756
>an old friend of Picard's who's gone native in an attempt to prevent the Jem'Hadar from creating a new front in the war
Insert "rather than Data on the B'aku planet." Also, add some goddamn llamas.
>>
>>54690723
Oh that's Big one but let's have a go.
First off use the damn advice Paramount executives actually sent about the plot being stupid, because they actually sent such a memo about the movies plot when it was still in the drawing board.

Secondly fix the Baku, there is many ways of that but main one would be that they are not all knowing space elves that can fix androids willy nilly but do substinence farming because they feel like it.

Thirdly introduce a better reason for the Enterprise crew to get involved of the relocation plan, other than Picard feeling horny and wanting to bone the lead Baku woman.

Like the extended exposure to the miracle stuff in Baku has made the people depended on it and would die if taken out of the planet. Bam you have an real ethical problem there the few vs the many.
>>
File: 2014-11-08_00020.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-08_00020.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>54690723
>get rid of one or two of the plots
There's just too much going on, and not enough focus on any one thing. As far as I see it, these are the plots:
-wtf Data
-getting to know the Baku
-relocating, then fighting the relocation of, the Baku
-fighting the Sona
Removing any one of these would improve the movie, without changing anything else. One of the reasons this feels like a long episode is that each of these plots is episode-length, and putting them all together, instead of developing one or two of them in depth, pads out to movie length. My personal preference would be to get rid of the Rogue Data stuff at the beginning, and condense the Relocating the Baku and Fighting Sona stuff into one coherent plot (ie, it's not the Federation removing the Baku, it's the Sona by themselves, and the Enterprise crew is going to stop them!).
>less action
Needs some action because it's a movie, but we didn't need three major set pieces, and at least one more minor one. First Contact worked well with one short space battle, and Insurrection would have too. Also, it shouldn't have been Picard in ground combat with Ruafo; really shouldn't have even been in the movie in the first place, but if you have to have it, Riker, Worf, or Data would have been better. Picard should be on his bridge, diplomancing the situation (either to solve the conflict directly, or to distract and buy time for an away team to do their thing).
>more smart actions, less stupid crap
Everyone acts like an idiot in the movie. EVERYONE. Really need to tone that down, and have more clever stuff, like beaming the bridge crew of the one ship into the holoship. Trek crews are known by the public for their smarts, and even super-casual audiences would expect and/or be willing to accept clever solutions to problems. No one (besides maybe Worf) looks like an action person in the slightest, so everything just looks weird.
(pic unrelated)
>>
File: 2014-11-08_00020_FotoSketcher.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-08_00020_FotoSketcher.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>54686831
>>54690652
Another, simple way to do something similar is to use something like Photo Sketcher. It can get similar, though not identical, effects, to what that anon is doing. And you wouldn't have to rely on him, if you have STO too. Pic related is >>54690874 done up with that program. There are a lot of filters and textures, and you can change a lot of stuff.
>>
File: Sirol.jpg (281KB, 595x694px) Image search: [Google]
Sirol.jpg
281KB, 595x694px
>>54644044
I didn't know Kenan was in TNG.
>>
>>54690874

>(ie, it's not the Federation removing the Baku, it's the Sona by themselves, and the Enterprise crew is going to stop them!).

Alternatively: The Sona are removing them AND Claiming since they are the same species it's a purely internal matter (Like the Klingon Civil War) and thus the Enterprise can't interfere.
>>
>>54691313
>AND Claiming since they are the same species it's a purely internal matter (Like the Klingon Civil War) and thus the Enterprise can't interfere
I like how tenaciously ST hangs onto all species only being part of one state.
It makes sense if you think about it, these states are going to claim authority over all members of its constituent species whether they like it or not because the last thing they need is some independent asshole souring the Federation to some previously uncontacted race.
The only deviation I remember is the Romulan stuff from STO.
>>
>>54646336
A man who got half a finger shot off on Juno Beach would have had some occasion to reflect on the value of human life and simple goddamn decency, and he did something about it. James Doohan: thank you.
>>
>>54690889
>>54690889
I'd say if you're gonna go down this route you should still do a bit of editing to the image before hand. A little bit of smoothing around the edges of your ships and extra lighting to the nacelles would do some good.
>>
>>54690652
>>54686831
Right so I have a fair number of them up here. I'm probably missing a bunch because I have them all saved across 4 different devices. If I find more I'll put them up there, anyway.
>http://atthebarwithdamar.weebly.com/
>>
File: moe moe quark.gif (1MB, 396x270px) Image search: [Google]
moe moe quark.gif
1MB, 396x270px
>>54686519
>Who is the audience for this crap?

Active "fandom" people who look at/make fanfiction and fanart. If you spend enough time around these spaces, you'll notice that they often twist a character's race/sexuality/neurotypical-ness/gender to suit their MUH REPRESENTATION needs.

STD has taken the safest babysteps toward giving this crowd something "canon" for appeasement. A lot of newer stuff, whether it be shows or vidya, tries to do this.

The bad news for CBS is that this won't nearly be enough for them, and they will probably stick with twisting the content of higher quality Treks in fanworks instead of making a bunch of fanwork about a shittier Trek that just happens to have sexual/racial minorities in leading roles.

I guarantee you that, years down the line, there will be more Garak/Bashir fanfics than STD fanfics combined.
>>
File: Some more TOS ships.jpg (441KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Some more TOS ships.jpg
441KB, 1920x1080px
>>54688073
A sound idea, but there is a single major but in it.

The Kentari are an extremely isolationist group and the only aliens they have seen in hundreds of years were Grand admiral (you) and your Lukari sidekick.
And they had those ships already by then.
>>
>>54693353
I figure that there some energy-cheap, low warp designs that a lot of early warp-capable species adopt. Like the triangle-ship tht was so common in TNG and DS9. Maybe warp deltas are the most expedient way to achieve warp speeds higher than 1 but run into serious problems when you try maintaining a warp field at higher speeds.

Could be that the generic neutral vessel happens to be one of those designs that lend themselves well to early warp-civilisations.

But the actual reason is just that cryptic are a lazy pack of pricks.
>>
>>54691367
Also the thing with all the other states being single-species empires somehow, with all the space they own there has to be other races in there somewhere.
>>
>>54693912
That makes a lot of sense.

Both answers.

But l like the idea that the triangular shape is just a decent way to get reasonable if not peak warp performance. I mean it fits with the general layout of things we've seen, not just the warp delta but things like the general shape of ships being flat-ish and wide (Klingon ships, Romulan ships, a lot of primary hull only federation vessels) rather than tall or tubes/bricks.
>>
Not enough pics of Romulan ships out there.
>>
>>54696128
TMP era Romulan ships are the best.
>>
>>54689629
This basically looks like the Luna class with older parts.
>>
>>54692071
Sweet deal. Wallpapers for days. I continue looking forward to everything you make.
>>54690889
That is cool. I really like the other anons work. He's got a talent for sure. Thanks for the info
>>
Pwsssh
>>
Star Trek is just the UFP's version of Pravda, making their lycra-clad goons and minions out to be heroes and geniuses. But they weren't, were they?

Picard: pompous slaphead who repeatedly got clowned on his own ship by Q, allowed himself to be captured at least twice - one of those times saw him giving vital intelligence to the Borg and lead directly to the deaths of millions of Federation citizens and servicemen.

Riker: this guy was offered his own command, but turned it down. That's a huge red flag right there, but it gets worse. He stuffed himself with space doughnuts until potatohead O'Brien had to grease the Jeffries tubes, and let his dopey girlfriend cuck him with Worf. Whenever you saw Riker interact with fellow crewmen it was just awkward and unpleasant, he's a weird, insecure, unlikeable fatbeard who keeps annoying the crew with his shitty saxophone like he's Bill Clinton or something. Even his own dad hated him.

Worf: the special-needs Klingon, too stupid to live. A badass in his own mind who kept losing fist fights and could be easily tricked by small children or Data's cat. No wonder the other Klingons wouldn't let poor Worfy join in any Klingon games.

Dr Crusher: if she was such a good doctor, why was her husband dead? Check and mate. Spawned Wil Wheaton and had space sex with a space ghost that had previously serviced her grandmother. I'm not sure which is more shameful.

Data: autistic RealDoll who should've been recycled as something marginally more useful, such as a vending machine selling jumbo-sized adult diapers to David Gerrold.

Geordi LaForge: handicapped sex-pest who cyberstalked the woman who designed the Enterprise and only avoided an HR investigation because he's black.

This was, mind you, the finest crew in Starfleet, which leads me to deduce the other ships were full of window-licking retards like Janeway.
>>
>>54693353
>the only aliens they have seen in hundreds of years were Grand admiral (you) and your Lukari sidekick
There's literally nothing in the mission nor the fiction blogs that even suggests that, let alone says it. Indeed, the way the politics plays out suggests that quite the opposite is true - that ayys have dealt with them in the relatively recent past, but it didn't turn out so well, one way or another.
>>
>>54699067

I laughed. Bravo. I especially enjoyed the "window-licking retards" bit at the end.
>>
>>54699067
Cool pasta bro
>>
>>54689758
I like your style, friend.
>>
File: IMG_2819.jpg (223KB, 1512x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2819.jpg
223KB, 1512x864px
>>
File: JJB8.jpg (188KB, 680x794px) Image search: [Google]
JJB8.jpg
188KB, 680x794px
>>54699067
>>
>>
>>54673005
I don't know what it is about this image, but I find it particularly appealing. I think it has something to do with the detailing on the saucer.
>>
>>54694526
I always assumed everyone else was genocidal, though the Cardies hilarious incompetence at that nixes that idea for them.
>>
>>54701905
The Orion Syndicate is multi species. That cyberpunk world was one of my favorite eps of DS9.
>>
>>54653631
>>54654625
Overall the TOS movies seemed to focus more on the core trio (Kirk, Spock, McCoy) rather than the rest of the senior officers. When there were subplots focusing on someone else, they seemed to be mostly comic relief (like Chekov and the nuclear wessels). The original series, of course, also put a lot of emphasis on the core trio, but they had enough episodes that there was room for subplots focusing on the others too.
>>
>>54649465
It's kinda bugged me that the Federation ignores the Klingons and their oppressed vassal states.
>>
>>54660387
I think there were some mutterings of Federation outposts and Ferengi traders in the Gamma Quadrant prior to the Dominion War
>>
>>54696128
>Romulans
>ramming inferior Klingon vessels
>when the classic decloaking ambush would surely do away with those unwashed barbarians
>>
>>54645178
If you're still about, Oggrolle#4657. Thanks!
>>
>>54702342
Prime Directive, broseph

Editor's note: in the TNG era the Prime Directive has been expanded to include non-interference in the internal affairs of all other civilizations, not just non-contact with pre-warp civilizations, therefore the Prime Directive applies. It's the same reason why the Federation didn't take direct involvement with the Bajorans until after the Cardassians ended their occupation.
>>
>>54686175
I've heard comments that Connies look like pizza cutters, and I can kinda understand why. That thing looks like it's supposed to look like one.
>>
>>54702556
Well there's also big political considerations to go with when it comes to not directly interfering.
>>
>>54702547
Yeah, off and on. Sent you a request.
>>
File: 20170430213333_1_FotoSketcher.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170430213333_1_FotoSketcher.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>54701905
To be fair, the Cardassians were trying to convince the Bajorans that they would be better off as Cardassian subjects, rather than explicitly trying to wipe them out.
>>
So the team for discovery have hinted that maybe the Klingons we've seen in the trailer aren't meant to be a full redesign, but a subspecies.

>Discovery will feature 24 Klingon houses, whose members will have varying looks.
>“The Empire is very big. [The Klingons] don’t all grow up on Qo’noS. They don’t all live on the same planets and certainly those different planets would have different environments. So how would the cultures have evolved differently?” He continued, “We tried to come up with cultural axioms for each house so each looks different and they bear a cultural patina like our cultures do here on Earth.”

I went and looked through the trailer and there's a still where Commander buttface is staring at a holographic representation of some other Klingons. The trailer makes a point of not showing their faces. Maybe we'll see some "classic" styles of Klingon in the other houses. And I like the fact that they're not saddling the entire Klingon species with one hat.
>>
>>54708806
WE WUZ KLINGZ
>>
>>54702342
It bugs me that nobody has ever explained to the Klingons that Shakespeare was a human.
>>
>>54708838
>taH pagh taHbe'
>>
>>54708858
Shakespeare invented the use of taH as a verb rather than verb suffix and he wasn't even Klingon. Truly the greatest of the wrights.
>>
>>54644044
>>
>>54708823
AYO HOL UP
*stomps on tribble*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*loses colony to Romulans*
WE WUZ
*blows up Praxis*
KLINGZ AND SHIEET?
>>
>>54679420
Is it any good if someone starts right now? I want some Star Trek games but I fear I'm going into the game a little late.
>>
>>54709115
I started about a month ago. Game is fun and you can hit level 60 in about a week (each mission gives you a level and typically take 20 minutes to an hour to complete). It's a solid game, especially once you hit endgame.

I actually just bought a Tier 6 Advanced Research Vessel (Sutherland Class) and made it into a "beam boat" and my character and their bridge crew fucking rock.
>>
>>54708937
That's why I prefer Polksy or whatever her name was. She was a cantankerous old woman who reminded me of McCoy.
>>
>>54709254
Dr Pulaski
She certainly wasn't afraid to pick a fight with Picard when the rest of the crew would just nod their heads with whatever he proclaimed. She also had a character arc with how she interacted with Data.
>>
>>54709307
Give her six seasons of character development instead of just one half-assed writers strike and she'd have been much better than Crusher.
>>
>>54709333
Yeah, no. Listen, I didn't mind Pulaski but she was far too folksy for me. Couple that with how she apparently almost became Riker's step-mother and, well, yeah.

She did have a good character development with Data though.
>>
>>54709384
Do yourself a favor and rewatch season 1 while making a note of how different pretty much everyone is, especially in the early episodes, compared to the later seasons.
>>
>>54708937

Suddenly Human is a a doctor seeing a boy injured previously and informing the god damn authorities about it, in this case the Captain. IRL doctors get flak about releasing children to abusive parents after "he/she fell down stairs, repeatedly"-kinda case, especially after the parent ends up killing the child.

Wasn't the last one due to the treatment which was used to be highly experimental stage ie no human test perfomed yet and the other doctor did it anyway.
>>
>>54709658
Yeah, in a situation similar to "Ethics" there's no way a competent doctor would've even brought it up until it had been cleared with medical and ethical boards. The episode was no different than any other "alternative medicine" treatment, except the writer sabotaged both major premises of the episode by having the thing actually work, via a complete deus ex fluke.
>>
>>54708806
so are the TOS klingons the white ones?
>>
>>54711458
Yes, TOS Klingons were humans with swarthy skin, silly eyebrows and glorious facial hair. I'm still not buying the whole "they are just ancient/subspecies/hidden away/etc Klingons" bit, I think they are throwing that out there to try and quell the anger people are having for the redesign BS they are trying to push with this series.

Seriously, I give them 1 season, 2 tops.
>>
If someone who had never watched Star Trek before was going to watch 1 episode to be introduced to it, what would it be?

Can't be a 2 part episode.
>>
>>54712313
Oh, that is a tough one... Lots and lots of good episodes are out there but if it had to be just one, I would go with Star Trek the Original Series Season 1 Episode 14 "Balance of Terror". It highlights the fact they are in space and, though a lot of people view ST as somewhat campy, this episode shows shit happens and there are always consequences, even in the utopia that is the Federation. Also shows the start of one of the longest-running enemies of the Federation, the Romulans.
>>
>>54712313
Data's Day.
>>
>>54712313
Since each series has it's own tone I can't pick a single standalone.

If original series: Balance of Terror. It's got space action but also a lot of just plain people thinking and dealing with shit. The villains are barely villains and are entirely understandable. And it's not what people think of the popular Kirk image yet still a very important part of the character; it's Kirk the Captain, not the womanizer or the guy who talks machines to death. There's better episodes but not many, and I think this works better as an introduction.

If The Next Generation: Probably something like Who Watches the Watchers or Darmok. Darmok is the better episode I think but both are very good examinations of the TNG style of story. They actually explore ideas in them rather than just things and deadly danger of the week problems.

If Deep Space Nine: Duet. I mean, it's Duet. It's a small character piece about presumptions, prejudices, vengeance vs. justice. It's one of those two people in a room talking episodes. And it's brilliant, without being preachy or a need for action filler.

If Voyager: The Void. This is what Voyager should have been from the fucking start and it came right near the end. They get stuck in an ultra shit situation and get out of it by following the core principles of the Federation, and by that I mean the ideals of not being shitty people even in the most dire of circumstances.
>>
>>54712313
TOS : Turnabout Intruder
TNG : Sub Rosa
DS9 : Profit and Lace
ENT : These Are The Voyages
VOY : Threshold
>>
>>54712914

If he can manage to stomach those, he's definitely a fan. Maybe more of a fan than the rest of /stg/.
>>
>>54712937
Or he's got a metal sickness, he will certainly have one afterwards.
>>
>>54712937
Fan in the true definition of fanatic perhaps.
>>
File: 1399853398101.png (329KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1399853398101.png
329KB, 600x450px
>>54712914
>>
>>54712949

Definitely.

>>54712313

My pick for TOS is the Doomsday Machine.

For TNG, I can't think of an episode that I like enough to recommend. They all kind of blur together for me, outside of two-parters and a few others. I guess I just don't like TNG very much.

For DS9, Duet is definitely a good one. I want to recommend some of the later episodes, but I don't feel like they work as well without the previous stories, because of the context that puts them in.

>>54712713's recommendation of The Void isn't a bad one, but it's not representative of the series at large, so just keep that in mind. I recommend Repression, because it's just the right amount of brilliant mixed with stupid that permeates VOY.

Where ENT is concerned, I recommend Dead Stop, not because it's a great episode, but because it's watchable and is an above average ENT episode that will give you an idea of whether or not you like the show.
>>
>>54712713
The 2280s-2320s era of Trek design is so good.
>>
>>54702556
See that's why this hard on producers have for the Vulcans ditching the Federation have, that ABSOLUTELY feels like an increase in Vulcan influence in the Federation legislature.
>>
>>54711806
Like I legit don't know why they don't just make the nuKlingons a new species.
>>
>>54650962
It's a book about Garak by the Actor who played Garak. So it''s obviously all true, especially the lies.

>>54649465
It's a nice idea for a setting, but one of the key points of the canonical Treaty of Bajor was

>4) All borders, sovereignty and ownership of affected territory would return to its pre-war status as of Stardate 50564.0, when the first Dominion fleet entered the Alpha Quadrant.

So the Cardassian Union is technically reborn after the war as a wholly sovereign independent power. It's sort of more like the restoration of france, despite the period of vichy collaboration.
>>
>>54713588
Branding.

>>54713352
Yeah the Void isn't representative of Voyager, but it is representative of Star Trek.
>>
>>54713702

I agree with you. I just wanted to recommend an alternative that was more in keeping with the typical level of quality that VOY has. The Void is probably in the top 10 VOY episodes, if not the top 5.
>>
Since we're all throwing up lists and best-ofs and since I have shit taste:

Best Concept
>TOS: Balance of Terror
>TNG: The Inner Light
>DS9: A Sacrifice of Angels
>VOY: One Small Step
>ENT: Twilight

Best Representative of the Series:
>TOS: The Doomsday Machine
>TNG: Q Who
>DS9: In the Pale Moonlight
>VOY: Blink of an Eye
>ENT: First Flight

Best Trek:
>TOS: City at the Edge of Forever
>TNG: Q Who
>DS9: Sword of Kahless
>VOY: One Small Step
>ENT: Similitude
>>
>>54708010

Didn't the Cardies have other species under them who got a few brief mentions? Xepolites, Lissepians, I think there might have been another?
>>
>>54714336
Those were just independent species that the Cardassians sometimes made deals with to smuggle shit.

"Empire" in Star Trek seems to imply colonizing planets for resources instead of actually conquering other species. Which would make the Federation qualify as well but whatever.
>>
>>54713670
I mean you can just change it. The Treaty of Bajor's great for getting the spoonheads back to being space villains right quick, but I kind of love it being split up.
>>
>>54713868
I've been split between either Q-Who or Measure of a Man.

>>54712713
I was already considering Duet for DS9.

Who Watches the Watchers would be a great one for TNG and showing the Prime Directive at work. But I know the person I'm getting this for would respond badly to some parts of that episode.
>>
>>54716216
Measure of a Man would be the better choice I think to show what star trek is supposed to be about
>>
File: startrekonline.png (858KB, 1000x518px) Image search: [Google]
startrekonline.png
858KB, 1000x518px
Is this any good?
>>
>>54717749
It's alright.

Don't be suckered into paying for anything.

Space combat is fun. Ground combat is shit.
>>
>>54717073
>>54716216
"Measure of a Man" is a bad one though.
>slimy, obviously-villainous antagonist
>relatively bad acting
>S2 quality
>Philosophy 098-tier arguments, especially from Picard
>Riker actually has a better argument, but still loses because of course he does
"The Offspring" does a much better job in pretty much all areas.
>>
>>54717749
I like it but that's just me. Some people like it, others don't Try it, it's free. If you don't, stop playing, easy as that.
>>
>>54717798
>>54717780
Can you be just an average joe security officer, or does everyone have to be an epic captain aboard their own ship?
>>
>>54717828
I mean, you can always head-canon that for your character, but everyone is a captain and take on larger and greater risks as you level up and end game is taking down Borg/Voth/Tholians/etc. so it's whatever.
>>
>>54717828
Fleet Admiral (You) is the greatest hero of all time.
>>
>>54718978
>>54718978
NEW THREAD
>>
>>54713868
It's blindingly obvious that you've never seen TOS or TNG, but the rest are alright.
>>
>>54651883

...Wasn't Bashir actually born with a birth defect, that the Genetic Enhancement not only corrected for but over-corrected for?
>>
>>54680494

Hidekis would easily be their Miranda-role starter ship.

For other ships, I guess we'd mostly get new ones? Plus. new versions of Galor/Keldon that aren't hidden behind the lockbox system. Cryptic already had us pay for those ones, after all; now they can get us to pay for them all over again.
>>
>>54691367

Aren't the Romulans themselves involved in a full-on deviation, given that they're the same baseline species as the Vulcans?
>>
>>54696128

>Glorious Romulan Duranium, nanocompressed over 1000 times!
> Ship wings sharp like honor blade. Can cut through anything!
>Filthy Klingon go home.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.