[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In magic, let's say two cards have very similar "trigger"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

In magic, let's say two cards have very similar "trigger" effects.

1 says: "Evolve: when a creature you've summoned has more power than this creature, give this card a +1/+1 counter"
let's say they are 0/1.

the other says: "This creatures power & toughness is equal to the number of creatures you control"
*/*

Which card's effect takes place first?
how do you prioritize effects in the game?
>>
>>54642971
Doesn't the first one not necessitate that it be on summoning? Doesn't matter which applies first, the evolve will apply last.
>>
>>54643046
it happens when the creature is summoned.

i am trying to solve something for the sake of my own card game.
I could say that a player gets to choose the order, but I wanted to know if there was a more elegant way.
>>
>>54642971
The second one in not a trigger. Is a characteristic-defining ability. It has nothing to do with triggers.
>>
>>54642971
The second card does not have a trigger effect. It is constantly checking amount of creatures. In your example let say a 3/3 comes down. When it enters the battlefield the */* becomes a 3/3, then the evolve trigger happens. The */* becoming a 3/3 is not a trigger and can't be responded to. The evolve effect is a trigger and can be responded to.
>>
>>54643105
fuck...

well fuck my example...

can triggers conflict? or loop? in magic?
>>
File: Image (4).png (119KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).png
119KB, 223x311px
>>54643146
>can triggers conflict?
What do you mean conflict?

>or loop?
Very easily. Just put two of these on the field and put a single +1/+1 counter for example.
>>
>>54643395
how does magic resolve this?
>>
>>54643395
imagine that card, but remove a -1/-1 and it's triggered by removing a -1/-1
>>
>>54644259
If the loop is optional then you must decide for a number and it stop after that number of repetitions. If it's not optional the game end in a draw.

>>54644274
I still don't understand the question. One effect trigger if you put a+1/+1 and the other when you remove a -1/-1. The effects don't interact.
>>
>>54644336
you answered my question.
> If it's not optional the game end in a draw.
>>
>>54643395
so you're telling me Magic: The Gathering... what's meme to me as the most prestigious card game of all trading card games... doesn't even scale?
>>
>>54642971
C'mon, OP, show us your "dirty, broken, misaligned" folder too!
>>
>>54646810
>shilling this hard
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.