[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is nobility in standard D&D setting secured from murderhobos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 400px-Nobles-header.jpg (58KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Nobles-header.jpg
58KB, 400x388px
How is nobility in standard D&D setting secured from murderhobos looting all their shit?
>>
They hire other murderhobos to defend them
>>
DMs
>>
>>54637847
They are, or are closely related to, murderhobos. If someone is capable of murdering an army with nothing but a spoon, you best have that person be your ally, and you damn well want them as family.
>>
I remember one of the PrCs in a 3.0 book (Song and Silence?) had the retirement plan of taxing the nobles so he doesn't loot their treasuries.

So the answer is that if they are weak, guards, if they are strong/accomplished, by them off.
>>
The nobility is made up of retired murderhobos. See also: "name level"
>>
>>54637847
>Roving murder hobos are in every setting, and not just the PCs being special snowflakes

Only in forgotten realms.
>>
>>54637847
they are protected by your rival adventuring party

they also reveal themselves to be retired adventurers, capable of holding their own, for you all live in a level-ocracy where higher leveled people rule over lower leveled people
only by leveling up until you are a higher level than them may you attempt to usurp them
however, they know they are always prepared for the day someone stronger will try to take what is theirs, and they are always jealously guarding their title of "strongest in the land"

only by fighting up their tower of pain, fighting each of their champions each stronger than the last may you have the right to challenge them
>>
>>54637847
>How is nobility in standard D&D setting secured from murderhobos looting all their shit?

I mean, most nobles via military service would probably be murderhobos to some degree.
I'm not saying they'd be past their 10th level, but you'd get a high single digit leveled noble every here and there- playing dressup and using his dump stat charisma to act as 'noble' as possible.
>>
>>54639299
No, Eberron has them as well.

So does Greyhawk.

Also Golarion.

And Spelljammer.

And Planescape.

And Birthright (less so if you're playing as regents).

And just about any/every other setting you'd care to name.
>>
You ever wonder who the fuck buys up all those magical items that you can't use yourself?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.