[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I was planning to make a Lesser Aasimir(Using the bullshitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: paladinguide.jpg (131KB, 607x750px) Image search: [Google]
paladinguide.jpg
131KB, 607x750px
So, I was planning to make a Lesser Aasimir(Using the bullshitty Lesser Planetouched rules) and I was gonna slap on a Draconic template, but I'm not entirely sure if that'd work. I was also planning to run it as a Paladin. The game it'd be in would be 3.5e
>>
>playing 3.5e
>current year
Play a better edition.
>>
>>54637722
herewego.jpg
>>
>>54637395
>lesser aasimar

the fuck is that even? An aasimar is already a lesser planetouched, being at least several generations removed from their planar progenitor. Just make a regular Aasimar, claim he's the great grandson of a planatar of Bahamut, and give him golden scales and shit as part of his freakish planar features.
>>
File: noodles_or_sandwhich.jpg (45KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
noodles_or_sandwhich.jpg
45KB, 600x726px
You didn't actually ask a question.
>>
>>54637722
The DM only runs 3.5
>>54637743
It's in the Faerun alternative things or some shit, wasn't the most detailed thing in the book, but I guess you replace the Native Outsider bit with Planetouched, and it fucks off the + 1 LA
Also, I've made Aasimir before, honestly my favorite race to run with, aside from Hellbred, but I'm just trying to minmax a high Cha bonus.
>>
>>54637801
Yeah, well the question was meant to be if it'd more or less actually be viable, or some things to work with involving Paladin shite.
>>
>>54637804
Minmax a high Cha bonus with a low LA*
>>
>>54637804
>fucks off the +1 LA
>admits he's just minmaxing

ForWhatPurpose
>>
>>54637840
Well, mostly because it isn't something I've actively done before, and I'm trying to see if it's actually competent, as well as the fact that everyone else in the group(About three others) are doing the same thing to some extent, so I'm trying to compete.
>>
File: paladin_female_purple.jpg (41KB, 400x523px) Image search: [Google]
paladin_female_purple.jpg
41KB, 400x523px
>>54637804
Well, LA is pretty much never a good idea, especially something as milquetoast as draconic. Just go with straight levels, although I'm not really sure of a way to build a paladin that doesn't suck. Dip for 2 levels, maybe.
>>
>>54637865
>Paladin that doesn't suck

Of all the Martials, Paladin is the least suck. They'll never be at the same tier as a cleric, druid, or some type of mage. But they're the closest thing to a useful martial in 3.5e and it's clones.
>>
>>54637865
The group I'm running with currently has a Star Elf Bard, and a Star Elf Sorcerer, as well as a Dragonborn(Over the Golaith race) fighter. The campaign is highly centered around Undead and bullshit such as that, and is meant to be more Horror esque, so I figured a Paladin would be quite fitting.
>>
>>54637804
>The DM only runs 3.5
Find a better DM.
>>
>>54637907
>Star Elves

oh boy.

Prepare yourself for Eldritch Horrors, anon. The Star Elf demiplane is pretty FUCKED.
>>
>>54637923
In the town I live, this is basically the only cache of people who play DnD, Shadowrun, or WoD games. Plus I think a long time ago he ran 5e, but it was before I joined the group.
>>
>>54637907
Just roll a crusader and pick shit that looks cool, you'll be much better off.
>>
>>54637947
Then be a better DM.
>>
>>54637977
I've personally always been of the mind that he's good at Dming, plus I don't have experience with any other editions of DnD. Although I do have quite a bit with the WoD stuff, which he's also Dm'd for my group.
>>
>>54637395
>How can it work
There's a Prestige class in D&D that involves people attaining the qualities of known monsters till they become a humanoid equivalent, or imitation, there should be one for upper planar creatures.
Dragons can take the Dragon Ascendant PrC and literally become Immortal Alignment representive quasi-Deities.

There is the use of Bloodline classes to boot OP.
It's completely possible, and the only thing holding you back is that like myself you have not downloaded a massive torrent containing all releases of Dragon Magazine, Dungeon Magazine, Polyherdron Magazine, and all 3.5 content and a shitload of d20 content to boot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.