[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 56

File: ff.png (891KB, 830x548px) Image search: [Google]
ff.png
891KB, 830x548px
Previous thread: >>54618023
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How would you kill the Batman?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: Dante_WW.gif (34KB, 439x378px) Image search: [Google]
Dante_WW.gif
34KB, 439x378px
>only old people asce-
>>
>>54635983
Can't use Dante as an example.

see >>54635981
>>
If you could be any Template.

Would you even pick anything other than Mage?
>>
>>54636323
I don't know man, being Purified sounds pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>54636349
>being Purified sounds pretty fucking awesome.

Compared to a Thyrsus?
>>
>>54636407
I'd honestly rather be a Purified than either have the Exarchs/Seers after me or bend over for them 24/7.

Really the Pentacle is a bad deal when you realise you actually have to deal with the possibility of getting your shit kicked in by a faction with all the powers you have, who have no qualms about using the, and quite literally have the overlords of creation on their side.
>>
>>54636474
But think of the POWAH
>>
>>54636474
You're going to be stuck with the Exarchs regardless of your choice.
They kind of rule the world, y'know?
>>
>>54636349
Especially if you start using either of those fansplats that turn up every now and again.
>>
>>54636795
Well yeah, but as one of the purified they more consider you part of the flora and fauna, rather than someone who could potentially challenge their throne.
>>
File: princesscat.jpg (21KB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
princesscat.jpg
21KB, 324x244px
The answer is obvious
>>
>>54636991
This anon knows what's up. Purified are the best. Honestly, they are the best major template if you just want an easy life.

Your worst case scenario is forsaken showing up. They are a minority, and probably will fail to kill you for good the first time, letting you just skirt off to somewhere far away from them.
>>
File: Magemenses.jpg (91KB, 494x392px) Image search: [Google]
Magemenses.jpg
91KB, 494x392px
What better way to remind mages they are pussies, than to give them their period?
>>
>>54637076
>Haha! You disgusting, foul witch, watch as I force you to suffer mild discomfort, wasting my action and simultaneously proving that I am no Sleeper, such that you don't have to worry about Hubris when you smack me into the dirt!
>>
>>54637037
Imagine how irritating that must be for a pack of young forsaken. "We killed the creepy claimed thing!"

And then it pops up again next week. And the week after that. And the week after that.
>>
>>54637104
Pretty sure all levels of hunters still count as sleepers.

Roll that hubris baby.
>>
>>54637128
Nah, Hunters with an internal power count as Sleepwalkers.
So sayeth DaveB.

So given that guy's got a babbies first power-stat, he's a Sleepwalker.
>>
>>54637141
I thought DaveB was on the curb now. What does his word have to do with it?

By the raw, still a sleeper. Tell Dave that next time he should write it in a book, or give me his personal line so I can call him with questions.
>>
>>54636474
>implying Purified aren't high up on the Nemesis' shitlist
>>
>>54637141
>not bringing the standard rookies
it's like you've never watched Frankenstein before
>>
>>54637158
"You see those guys? Those incredibly rare guys, birthed through incredible mystic activity who still didn't awaken or through incredible blind luck? The ones who have no mystic powers aside from a few small numina and minor achievements that are ridiculously tiring? Yeah. They're a threat to us, the overlords of Creation."
>>
>>54637168
Or played the old X-com games.

Keep at least 5 rookies between you and anything really nasty.
>>
>>54637076

You just really pissed off a mage (or since it's Hunter, really some "sorcerer-lite) and demonstrated you're a sleepwalker not subject to the Quiescence.

What follows is going to hurt. A LOT.

Death will almost certainly be preferable for what the Hunter will now experience, and he should pray the mage doesn't wipe out his family and friends in a fit of pique.
>>
>>54637170
Actually, does anyone have the purified fansplat that basically gives them oWoD Nomenclature with a few nerfs and makes them a cross between human, spirit and lower depths monstrosity? All I've got is the dodgy one that makes them half spirit/half werewolf instead, with influences.
>>
File: Brownnote.jpg (96KB, 484x356px) Image search: [Google]
Brownnote.jpg
96KB, 484x356px
>>54637175
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of you shitting yourself.

By the way, I feel like whoever was allowed to write these endowments had a bit of a hate boner for mages.
>>
>>54635983
I mean... why would any mage look old in the first place? By that point they should have some Life (or friends that have life) to rejuvenate their body to its peak.
>>
>>54637191
Why ruin a good thing by putting it anywhere near owod?
>>
if fucking Mississippi wins this vote over Ancient Egypt i'm gonna fly my ugly trans ass over to the jolly ole UK and take a shit on DaveB's lawn
>>
File: Sleepwalker.png (25KB, 386x180px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepwalker.png
25KB, 386x180px
>>54637156
Then you thought wrong, guy's still head honcho for all things Mage, he's just taken Deviant onto his plate as well.

Also he was just clarifying the section on Sleepwalkers.
Which you also clearly haven't read.
>>
File: Sleepwalkers.png (118KB, 398x721px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepwalkers.png
118KB, 398x721px
>>54637156
>>54637141

Sleepwalkers.

If you have a supernatural ability, you're a sleepwalker. It's in the book, no need to quote Dave.
>>
>>54637202
It was a replacement system for influences. I forget the lower depths part, but that was where they went on souldeath, instead of going naptime like normal spirits.
>>
>>54637193
Really?
Assuming average human stats, and given the ability to spend Willpower to increase resistance attributes, you'll need to get 5 successes to stop them from using any powers for even one turn.
>>
Dave's car was run off the road about a month ago. He's been doing writing assignments while in the hospital. Well when he's awake and lucid that is. Morphine is a hell of a drug
>>
>>54637214
My bad, I didn't memorize every aspect of the Mage 2e book. So why bring up Dave at all if it was written in the book?

Sounds like you also didn't remember it was in there.
>>
>>54637239

wut
>>
>>54637193

Benedictions or not, he's still a human. If he's lucky, the mage will only kill him.

Also, Prime 2 (and probably other Shielding spells) should render Benedictions totally useless.
>>
>>54637246
It's bullshit.
>>
File: Hunters vs Mages.png (44KB, 1167x306px) Image search: [Google]
Hunters vs Mages.png
44KB, 1167x306px
Here are Dave's thoughts on Hunters combating Mages

It's not good
>>
File: LaysTearsOfMy.jpg (37KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
LaysTearsOfMy.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
>>54637231
>What is reading comprehension?
, the victim still suffers that requisite one turn without powers
>>
>>54637231
The person shooting can also spend willpower, and it automatically gets a +3 equipment bonus to firing it.

So it ain't that bad on whoever is the most shooty person in your squad since it rolls on Dex + Firearms.

And when it really works, you completely ruin a mage's day. Can't exactly just block against it, unless you know in advance it is going to fire sound, and block against sound, deafening yourself.
>>
>>54637255
Yeah but Dave obviously has a Mage boner. He is probably one of the main mage wankers here in some threads.
>>
>>54637275

Benedictions are not equipment that get a bonus.

More importantly, Mage Armors are *reflexive*. Some like Prime would nullify Benediction attacks, and you're actually proposing attacking a mage with firearms or in melee, the armors that allow Defense apply to firearms or ar straight-up armor.
>>
>>54637330
Son, that's advanced armory. It is a technological doodad.

It ignores armor, because it doesn't deal damage. Now if you have something that gives you defense against ranged attacks, that would help, depending on the wording. Because if it is giving defense by reflecting matter away, that wouldn't apply. If it is giving defense by decaying objects thrown at you, that wouldn't apply. It would need to be something that could decrease energy or block soundwaves.

It is only a 'ranged attack' in that it has to be aimed like a gun because the object shooting it is pistol shaped. It isn't a bullet, it isn't a laser, it isn't a grenade. It is a beam of exact frequency of sound.

So yeah, certain mage armor could stop it. Not most of them though, as they get pretty specific on how they are guarding stuff.
>>
>>54637076
-4 dice menses? She's fucking hemorrhaging out of that fucking unshaven, ugly, tick ridden witch cunt!
>>
>>54637389
A lot of it is probably just the shame of sudden onset magical heavy flow.

Should have gone with the extra thick pad.
>>
>>54637255
Dave:
>"Some of the Hunter 1e powers flat-out wouldn't work on rules-as-Mages Awakened"

So which Hunter powers don't work on Mages then?
I'm guessing >>54637076 & >>54637193 are a few.
>>
>>54637104
-4 dice is more than a mild discomfort though. It's not taking you out of action, but it's still a notable inconvenience, especially when there's probably more shit coming your way.
>>
I do hope that Seers of the Throne and Left Handed Path get a second edition printing after SoS.
>>
>>54637418
Oh but you forget anon, magewankers always have as many successes as they need, and all the armor up for anything that might slow them down. They never have to actually roll dice, they already did that five days ago when they planned out all their combat encounters and actions for the next month.
>>
>>54637431
Tome of the Pentacle is next after Signs of Sorcery.
Then there's another book, of which we know nothing.

So buy their shit, and then they'll make more.
>>
>>54637418
... I'd rather use those 5 successes to do something else that actually solves the problem.
>>
So. The abyss closes. The seers start their agenda of "We rule everything, fuck you" and take over in two days flat.

What happens to the Lonely Exarch and her children?
>>
>>54637239
His own damn fault. If he had put out the FAQ the fan who did it wouldn't have had to run him off the road to get the fucking answers.
>>
>>54637441
>magewankers always have as many successes as they need, and all the armor up for anything that might slow them down. They never have to actually roll dice,

Mage Armor is reflexive and doesn't require a roll.

All spells only require a single success to activate at full power. Mage 2e doesn't link number of successes with effects.

In canon, mages are paranoid fucks who get along under the presumption of mutually assured destruction. It's not only common, but expected, to have shielding and similar spells up and running day to day. Mages can always drop them without penalty or effort if they need the spell slot. They also don't interfere with inherent mage abilities like Mage Sight.

Do you actually understand Mage 2e rules, or are you just a bitter troll?
>>
>>54637255
Wow, he's starting to lose credibility. When a developer loses sight of the integrity of the gameworld as a whole in favor of myopic focus on his love boner for his personal splat, he's just another shit fan stroking his ego.
>>
File: Manaorgy.jpg (129KB, 485x458px) Image search: [Google]
Manaorgy.jpg
129KB, 485x458px
This one is my favorite.

There aren't even a lot of powers in this book that actually would help against real mages. But the idea of a bunch of guys screwing up someone's mana source, like a makeshift siege, is hilarious.

They try to set up all their defenses, and realize they are running dry on mana. Once they leave to go figure out a solution to the problem, that's when you strike, hoping to pressure them into a situation where their low mana point is actually a problem.
>>
>>54637239
>Dave
>writing while dosed on morphine

It's definitely time for an Astral Realms 2e!
>>
>>54637490
He's not a bitter troll, clearly.

He's a bitter little Mage-hating turd nugget.
They're naturally pissy.
>>
>>54637294
Pretty much. He has zero credibility in discussions of crossover related issues, because he's somehow developed a partisan mentality towards his own project, rather than having any care for the world as a whole.
>>
>>54637490
>>54637507
Whoa whoa, was a nerve struck somewhere?

I'm sure you can solve the problem by just repeating for half a thread how mages can do no wrong.
>>
File: 1537463868474.png (28KB, 358x304px) Image search: [Google]
1537463868474.png
28KB, 358x304px
>>54637524
I only come here for bitter comments like these.
>>
>>
>>54637501

Most shielding spells and wards don't rely on a stream of mana.

The effort of the ritual would be largely wasted fighting the Awakened who would easily detect the ritual and eradicate the offenders with extreme prejudice, quite possibly using Space and Time from the comfort of their Sanctum.
>>
>>54637541
Get used to it.
>>
>>54637507
Persecution complex. Lovely.
>>
>>54637528
>mages can do no wrong.

Mages are assholes that can certainly do wrong.

However, they have clear written mechanics that are pretty badass, and designed for cosmic-level threats, not monkeys with delusions of grandeur.
>>
File: yes bane.jpg (20KB, 497x251px) Image search: [Google]
yes bane.jpg
20KB, 497x251px
>>
>>54637575
I'm pretty sure the exact theme of Mage can be boiled down to 'Monkeys with delusions of grandeur'.

They are guys with a peek into a small piece of the greater cosmos, and they go 'I can control that, and I can win against the evil'

Meanwhile their rivals work for the literal and figurative masters of reality.

It seems that only because of how inept and distant their true foe is, do they win any victories at all.
>>
File: go away.png (274KB, 550x530px) Image search: [Google]
go away.png
274KB, 550x530px
>>
File: DaveB CofD Balance.jpg (63KB, 1173x311px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB CofD Balance.jpg
63KB, 1173x311px
>>54637524
>He has zero credibility in discussions of crossover related issues,

Besides being the Mage and Deviant developers, Dave is one of the most prolific CofD authors, and has written for every CofD gameline except Hunter. He also helped developed the overall mechanical and setting changes in the CofD for 2e.

Dave simply observes the obvious fact that while CofD mechanics are largely compatible, except when explicitly stated, they are not balanced for crossover play. All balance is internal to a gameline to purposes of setting and narrative consistency. Some splats are just stronger than others. BFD.
>>
>>54637629
>He just recognizes some splats are stronger than others
>Especially the one he writes the most
>And definitely not the one he doesn't write
>He is perfectly objective, and has no bias
>>
>>54637669

Do you know that he has discussed how Deviant will probably be the lowest power level among the splats?

Dave is not a power-gamer, and balks at the mage supremacy discussions as unproductive and entirely missing the point of mage as an independent game.
>>
>>54637724
Making another game that doesn't keep up with his pet game doesn't show that he doesn't have a bias toward mage. It does the opposite of that.

If Dave put out a book to help other splats operate in an open fashion like mage, that would stop talk of his bias. Until then, he is pretty much caught red handed.
>>
>>54637755
I think it would be better for you to just admit that you hate Mage with all your simmering heart.

Let it out, anon. Let it go. Let it fly.
It's not healthy for you, clearly.
>>
>>54637864
Huh? I've run three mage games over the years, one of them was a crossover even. I like to include them as background NPC in non-mage games too. Mage is pretty awesome as a setting, and the way the powers are structured is unique. On top of that, the pre-history mage/wolf setting in dark eras was the best in there in my opinion.

I hate how discussion about mages are always met with a brick wall of 'mages don't have to worry about that'. I don't hate mage, I hate mage fans. I love mage.

Mage fans make mage sound like the most boring splat in the game.

Everyone knows that is actually Geist.
>>
>>54637864
Again with the persecution complex. Please, get over it.
>>
>>54637755
Stop hating on Dave. He's practically a godsend within OPP.
>>
>>54637955
Go back to bed Dave.
>>
>>54637955
Yes, but that's kind of like saying a rope made of barbed wire is a godsend when you're drowning in a well of rapidly filling diarrhea. It preserve you, but still hurts.
>>
>>54637921
hunterfag being this butthurt. at least in owod they could claim to be Exalt lite
>>
So what's Malcolm Brookshaw's role in 2e awakening?
>>
>>54638021
Oh no, two Dave's?
>>
Remember when these threads weren't dominated by Magefags?
>>
>>54638109
>chase out the namefags
>threads go to shit

hmmm
>>
>>54638109
Remember how it moves in cycles after each major release?
>>
I have to wonder what Dave's second favourite gameline is.
>>
>tfw you genuinely liked some of the ideas in the draft version of Beast and the "fix" made it boring as fuck but it's okay because another game is stealing the idea of the Devouring for one of their playbooks
>>
Magefags alternating between sucking Dave and powerwanking have turned me off completely from the game.
>>
Reminder that Mage > You
>>
>>54638246
Yeah, me too - it's given me a much greater appreciation for the other 2.0 releases, their internal consistency and overall consistency within the greater scheme of things. I never thought I'd want to play anything BUT Mage or Hunter but now I'm loving the fuck out of Vampire (cept the Strix kind of fall flat for me, I just can't find owls sinister), Werewolf, and even Prometheans - which has been a major turnaround for me from 1.0 to 2.0, it's way less "tranny diary, the game" and now closer to what it should be..
>>
>>54638236
Tell me about them. I was out of gaming during its development, so didn't really follow it, I only came along to see the finished product in all it's shameful ridiculousness.
>>
I wonder how much bullshit could be culled if we turned on posting ids?
>>
>>54638246
Aw, come on.

They don't alternate, so much as desperately try do both at the same time as hard as they can.
>>
>>54638597
>letting retarded fans determine what you enjoy

Your Willpower is practically at zero
>>
>>54638620
If only
>>
>>54638620
God, it would be glorious. Poster IDs are the best goddamn thing for forums like these, they tend to castrate shitheads like these to a large degree.
>>
File: 1484445505407.jpg (76KB, 480x546px) Image search: [Google]
1484445505407.jpg
76KB, 480x546px
>>54638641
Man, not even for /tg/ as a whole, as it doesn't have huge problems with it. Just the /cofd/ threads. Make it an option for people starting them.
>>
>>54638626
There are a lot of options out there, it's not like dumping Mage is a serious loss, especially given all of the problem players it attracts.
>>
>>54638653
Willpower - 0
>>
Does anyone know of official or unofficial scenarios written for Demon the Descent ? I might be retarded, but I can't seem to find lots of those
The Seattle campaign that's exposed in the core has some great stuff, but I'm not sure I want to play in the USA, especially in a city I've never even visited, and that means a lot of adaptation and porting before I can make something coherent of it in another place
If you have any ideas for plot hooks and games you're willing to share, please do
>>
>>54638657
Someone's ego is bruised.
>>
>>54637755

Define "open fashion." And explain to me this magical world where I get to put out any book I like rather than pitching ideas to Rich, who pitches some of them to White Wolf, who then say which ones I can do.
>>
>>54638657
Sure buddy.

Willpower: 0. Fun Level: Pretty damned high.

Do you think I am shedding any tears?
>>
File: 1411008631312.png (254KB, 881x322px) Image search: [Google]
1411008631312.png
254KB, 881x322px
What is that skull with the cog wheel under the "ral" of "general" supposed to represent ? And the thingy on the right of it ?
>>
>>54638666
Here's a question for you. That chronicle you're running, where an archmaster went back in time because the abyss shut and the seers decided that staying in the shadows was for suckers name. What happens to the Lonely Exarch in that situation? Does she just wink out of existence?
>>
>>54638677
>fun
do not utter this cursed word, it is banned from this thread
>>
File: fat larry.png (311KB, 816x665px) Image search: [Google]
fat larry.png
311KB, 816x665px
>>54638684
Demon and strix chronicle vampire.
>>
>>54638696
Thanks my dude
Isn't Demon the one on the bottom far left though ?
>>
>>54638710
Far left is Hunter I think, far right is Demon
>>
>>54638718
... I did mix up my left and right
Thanks very much
>>
File: Gate is best girl.jpg (27KB, 415x650px) Image search: [Google]
Gate is best girl.jpg
27KB, 415x650px
>>54638685
In that setting Gate is finally free to be the waifu she was always meant to be.
>>
>>54638710
I think that might be Geist, but don't quote me on it. As far as I know, moving left to right, top to bottom: General, Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Changeling, ???, Geist, ???, Mummy, Demon, Strix, ???
>>
>>54638724
Finally, a chance to stick my dick in unreality without having to travel all the way to the Oroboros to do it! No more creepy old man giving me the eye while I've got my dick stuck in the ocean.
>>
File: U just got pwned.jpg (223KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
U just got pwned.jpg
223KB, 1536x1536px
>>54638724
What if her chosen form is that of a curvy girl?
>>
>>54638718
>>54638725
I think the blue cog wheel one actually corresponds to angels of the god machine
Probably just used as a filler
>>
File: Everything in that post.png (117KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
Everything in that post.png
117KB, 444x440px
>>54638735
>>
File: How to vinculum.jpg (57KB, 548x300px) Image search: [Google]
How to vinculum.jpg
57KB, 548x300px
>>54638735
>>
File: I had high hopes for you.jpg (96KB, 276x768px) Image search: [Google]
I had high hopes for you.jpg
96KB, 276x768px
>>
File: Mtawimperialmysteries.png (1008KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
Mtawimperialmysteries.png
1008KB, 612x792px
Who is to blame for this incredibly amateurish cover being put on the pinnacle product in the Awakening 1.0 line? It fills me with endless nerd rage every time I pull it out of the bookshelf and look at it. It's like someone's girlfriend pressured them into putting one of her DeviantArt sketches into a published product... but on the fucking cover? Sinful...
>>
>>54638684

God-Machine Chronicle and Strix
>>
File: Werewolf the Foresaken Woes.png (798KB, 657x873px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf the Foresaken Woes.png
798KB, 657x873px
>>
>>54638808
A lack of budget for one of the last gasp books of CCP, or so I'm told.

>>54638685
Dunno! She might be acting against his fellow Exarchs.
>>
>>54638846
Final question! Am I missing something, or is there no way to make a regeneration spell lasting? Mage loses a limb, it's indefinite spells or nothing?
>>
>>54638866
Wouldn't it be easier to reattach the thumb instead? Wouldn't that be Lasting in effect?
>>
>>54638877
Sure. You could probably use life/matter to transfigure a hunk of metal sheets and go all eva-01 to make yourself a new arm, too. But pretend the limb in question was incinerated, or whatever.
>>
>>54638620
For wodg it would be the best.

I left for a few weeks and the Thread seemed even more dangerous when i glanced in occassionally.
>>
>>54638892
Well, if your old limb went and got itself incinerated, your new one damn well better be made fireproof. And maybe with a hidden laser cannon. For reasons.
>>
>>54639253
Also make the fingers ribbed.

For HER pleasure.
>>
>>54639258
Okay, let's assume you want an arm that isn't a vibrating fireproof laser sex toy, but a regular arm. Because nothing can ever compare to the cinematic masterpiece that is the film Orgasmo, so we're sticking with a normal arm.
>>
>>54638666

666... I knew it... Mark of the Beast. DaveB is the Antichrist.

Also, Signs of Sorcery; I'm not asking for a release date, I'd juts like to take the opportunity to whine about not HAVING IT YET CUZ I WANT IT BAD. More mage stuff. MOAR.
>>
>>54638666
>Define "open fashion."

Congrats, Dave, you've now apparently been promoted to WW publisher.

>TFW I imagine you developed M20 instead of Brucato and the nightmares stop
>>
File: Obrimos Unicycle.jpg (163KB, 819x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos Unicycle.jpg
163KB, 819x1036px
>>54638808
>Who is to blame for this incredibly amateurish cover being put on the pinnacle product in the Awakening 1.0 line?

No doubt the same person responsible for most of the other hideous art in Mage 1e, except this time with an even lower budget
>>
>>54639269
Life 4.
Create yourself a parasitic arm-lifeform which will bond to your central nervous system and accept neural commands, while feeding off of the nutrients it can garner from your blood supply.

That is, if you can't convince your GM to grant yourself some sort of animal such as a jellyfish's regenerative capacity with Life 3, and then just let that regenerate the arm for you.
>>
>>54639321
>Create yourself a parasitic arm-lifeform

Let's go with a *symbiotic* arm creature.

I fear what could go wrong with a magical arm parasite when exposed to Dissonance.
>>
>>54639335
A symbiote is a parasite.
Parasite is just a term with a negative connotation.
A foetus is a parasite.
>>
>>54639320
I really don't get all the flak this unicycle art gets
It's not that bad and it's not completely ridiculous
>>
File: 1501521708155 (1).jpg (1MB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
1501521708155 (1).jpg
1MB, 1400x2700px
>>54639501
If you could be so kind as to tell me how the trumpet-wrench-unicycle-leotard combo is magical I would be most obliged. Unless faggotry is magic.

Also it's shitty and weird art.
>>
>>54639560
There's heaps of worse stuff as far as WoD art goes (the entirety of Werewolf for example, or that hideous swole jawa scene)
At least this one has somewhat realistic proportions
The pose is a bit awkward, I'll grant you that
I don't even see a unicycle, she might just be fuxing some kind of tubular device (and smelling her delicious musky armpits in the process)
If it is a unicycle, then she's building or fixing some kind of automatic unicycle, probably powered by magic. You know we do have those, right ? As retarded as those faggot-rollers look, it's not that outlandish and if it's magical, provides a portable means of locomotion without effort
What flusters me the most is that she doesn't have any armpit hair
>>
>>54639657
>There's heaps of worse stuff as far as WoD art goes

That's not actually a defense. Other terrible art in WW books doesn't make Unicycle Obrimos objectively any better.

Glorriana is also the signature Obrimos character in Mage 1e. Is that picture really the best they WW could come up with to represent mages channeling the power of the Aether?

Also, while Swole Jawa is a terrible representation for the Adamantine Arrow, at least "Kill The Batman" is mildly amusing while Unicycle Obrimos is just odd

>I will also never forgive anyone associated with Mage 1e for the totally unreadable and painful gold leaf text and horrible layout
>>
>>54639380
That's... scientifically not true though (the symbiote bit, not the foetus bit)
>>
What are some good NPCs to put into a Vampire: the Dark Ages game set in Rome 1000 AD?
>>
>>54639976
... I guess it's possible for a symbiote to subsist entirely on unnecessary runoff, not actually harming it's host, meaning it's not a parasite.

But not if you want an entire darn arm, attached to your body and functioning perfectly fine for you. It's got to get it's energy and nutrients from somewhere... And unless you either want to be injecting them into it, or growing it a little mouth and an entire digestive system...
>>
>>54640067
You'd run the risk of being up to your elbows in shit
>>
>>54640023
Depends on the chronicle. Vampires were a little more common, so salt liberally.
>>
>>54638866
1) use Transform Life to grant regeneration capability of lizards or some other critters
2) wait till it regrows
3) ???
4) Profit, spell is no longer needed.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/merits-changeling-the-lost/

New Merits preview. Since I think Hill used to do most or all of the 2e Merits, this is probably all new material.
>>
>>54641360

>Faerie Favor (•••)

Effect: The Gentry’s promises bind them to a greater degree than those of the Lost do, and your character possesses such a promise. She is entitled to a favor from one of the True Fae. She may have gained this favor through anything from knowing a clever riddle to a dark deed done at the cost of another changeling’s freedom. However she earned it, she has a bauble, song, or phrase that represents the favor, and when she breaks, sings, or utters it, the True Fae will appear.

The favor can be many things: the capture of a rival the changeling has tracked to his Hollow, a week of freedom from a Huntsman on the changeling’s heels, safe passage to somewhere in the Hedge or mortal world, etc. After the character calls in the favor, she gains dots in any combination of Merits appropriate to the power of the Gentry, per the Sanctity of Merits (p. XX).

Huntsman still in and dicking over your friends is still around. All in a merit with no prerequisites. Neat
>>
>>54641487
I'm.. actually looking forward to the things they're changing.
>>
>>54637255
Now I really want to see Arthurian era as a Mage/Hunter crossover. But the splats would have to have mostly positive relations, with Mages not wiping out every Hunter in sight.
>>
>>54637755
>open fashion
What, you mean like, out in the open? You think Mages don't have anything to fear, or that they aren't forced into secrecy like the other splats? How wrong can you be? Even outside of their own high-level cosmic/other Mage antagonists, the CofD setting is still dangerous to Mages and they can easily meet their end by just being stupid or reckless. Not all Mages are Masters, or even Adepts, and while Mages do have some potent abilities available to them at lower dots, it doesn't mean they apply them perfectly for every situation.

DaveB also didn't start Mage Supremacy. It's been around ever since Ascension.
>>
>>54638846
>Dunno! She might be acting against *her* fellow Exarchs.
Gate really is the best girl.

Dave, now that you are working again on Signs of Sorcery, would you be willing to post a new preview about it? Maybe something about Exarchial Ochemata...
>>
>>54642985
>being so insecure about your sexuality that you have to change the alternating pronoun scheme
It's okay, anon. The Gate's bestness transcends reality. Embrace it.
>>
>>54643183
And let's face it, if you don't like the orientation of the gate at that exact moment there's probably something in the Place Between that'll cheerfully swap your preferences for you.

I guess in the whole 'abyss closes' situation, the Gate suddenly becomes Enemy Number One of everyone else and starts recruiting non-seer mages. Or maybe he already does and just never got around to mentioning that *this* particular frothing lunatic in her ranks is actually a Guardian of the Veil or an Arrow.
>>
>>54642720
Thanks for assuming what I meant and then going on a rant about it.

Mage power is partially built on the power to build any answer using the themes your character is said to be able to operate in. They have a blank check to do whatever they are supposed to be able to do. That is the 'open fashion'.
>>
>>54643937
>If Dave put out a book to help other splats operate in an open fashion like mage

How about you address how Dave is supposed to "put out a book to help other splats operate in an open fashion like mage?"

Dave doesn't decide on what books get published for Mage or any other line. In any event, the themes and setting of the other lines don't demand or expect the pc's to "operate in an open fashion." Lastly, if and when the Crossover Chronicles is ever released by OPP, it may to some degree address what you perceive as a problem.
>>
>>54636323

A sin eater with a QT3.14 geist waifu
>>
>>54643937
I don't have any clue what you actually mean.
>>
>>54644131
I mean, it isn't like you were helpful in the first place.
>>
>>54645123
I don't know what you mean by that either.
>>
>>54645246
exactly.
>>
>>54640023
Hedonistic Daeva, what else?
>>
>>54640023
Boyfucking Ventrues
Gangrel legionaries
Boyfuckee Daevas
Nosferatu gladiators
Mekhet philosophers
>>
What would work for attainments for the Gate in 2e? I'm going with a permenent ground-eater effect, and a mana-spend effect similar to the regular 1e legacy as a first dot attainment. Beyond that, I've got nothing.
>>
>>54645372
True
>>
>>54638236
I really like the draft, I wish I could have pulled my kick starter donation after the changes, but it was too late by then. At least it was only like $65 bux instead of several hundred though.
>>
>>54641360
For wanting fighting styles none of these are worth the XP investment. Rose continues to not impress with her lack of mechanical aptitude
>>
>>54637141
>So sayeth DaveB.
Nope, he didn't work on Hunter so his word is worth shit.
>>
>>54646042
Any Sleeper with an internal power counts as a Sleepwalker to Mages. That's in their book, not just the word of Dave. Of course you can houserule Mage rules however you like if you intend to use them as NPCs in a Hunter game, but claiming that it's worth shit because it isn't in the Hunter book when it's something that specifically pertains to Mages is kind of dumb.
>>
>>54646137
But its not their powre. It is the power the Lord :^) checkmate, wizards
>>
>>54638236
what game?
>>
>>54646042
I thought his word was shit because he's one of the worst writers for OPP.
>>
File: 1471019750486.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1471019750486.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>magefags claim they can beat vamps 11/10
>vampfags prove that vamps have and can win against mages (3 of them at that)
>magefags say that the book is non-cannon because it's first edition (despite Imperial Mysteries is the same)
>>
>>54646217
Actually mage fags said that in the very book that character is from the mages are stated to be rusing the vampire.
>>
>>54646217
>magefas claim disciples and above can beat vamps 11/10
>vampfags prove that vamps can situationally beat three mages one at a time over the course of years
>magefags say a book is outdated due to its lack of current acknowledgment pertaining to current canon

ftfy
>>
Ahhhh, the /wod general. A glorious place of faggotry, mage supremacism and whining about how bad the thread is. Never change
>>
>>54646217
Magefags don't say Imperial Mysteries is still canon, but that the Imperial Practices outlined in it are largely the same, because Dave said they haven't changed much.
>>
>>54646252
Things actually calmed down until a fat yellow thing started complaining three minutes ago.
>>
>>54646231
>stated
merely a possiblty, like the next president being a trans-muslim time traveller. Sure, it's possible doesn't mean it's going to happen.
>>
>>54638684
where is Beast?
>>
>>54646271
Nothing is for certain concerning this book, anon. Too many options are given.
>>
>>54646271
If it's just a possibility, then so is the vampire subjugating them. Meaning one possibility doesn't really mean more than the other.
>>
File: 1546747683745.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1546747683745.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
All it takes is one buttmad Vampfag to derail the thread once more.
>>
>>54646214
nah, you are thinking of Hill
>>
File: Spies-Demise.jpg (280KB, 720x1029px) Image search: [Google]
Spies-Demise.jpg
280KB, 720x1029px
Yo people, I'm starting a Mage the Awakening 2ed game. The setting is during the Cold War behind the Iron Curtain. The players are in a Free Council Cabal dedicated to causing havoc with Seers and other powers manipulating the governments within the Warsaw Pact.

I'm wondering: how much experience should they start off with? I'm looking for something closer to the bottom. As well as, what kind of stuff can I throw at my players.
>>
File: 1484260752659.jpg (51KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1484260752659.jpg
51KB, 500x386px
>>54646302
>>54646295
>magefags are willing to grasp at straws THIS MUCH
>>
Do you think the kickstarter will get the steamboats?
>>
>>54646345
>grasping straws

Oh, that's fucking rich! Coming from you, of all Anons. I do love me some quality irony.
>>
Never understood why not-monsters(mages) should be heads and toes above every other splat.
>>
>>54646369
It's bait, fuckwit.
>>
>>54646440
Because people are the real monsters, anon.
>>
>>54646475
>putting magefags in their place
>bait
I'm just here to teach them humility.
>>
>>54646440

Mages are the worst monsters of them all (except for Beasts, those guys really suck).

What's worse that an obsessive human given near limitless power without means of restrain or repercussion?
>>
>>54646440
Because Mage is a terrible fit for both Worlds of Darkness. It would be fine if it was in its own universe, with something similar to Sorcerers or buffed spell casters from Second Sight taking their place as the mortal wizards.
>>
>>54646544
>Because Mage is a terrible fit for both Worlds of Darkness
Why do you think that?
>>
>>54646593
Because mages aren't scary monsters that hunt and or live in the darkness.
>>
>>54646593
The World of Darkness takes it cues from old hammer/universal monster movies. And none of them have gnostic reality-shaping wizards.
>>
>>54646593
What he said >>54646621 , mostly. They're just also way too strong and don't really resemble actual occult practices.
>>
>>54646621
>Because mages aren't scary monsters
Good one.

>>54646642
The games take a lot of cues from a lot of places, and they don't have to strictly adhere to any sort of standard you seem to think they have.

>They're just also way too strong
Irrelevant.

>don't really resemble actual occult practices.
And not even true.
>>
>>54646702
Yeah yeah we get it that you love being a fedora tipping atheist that can bend reality by the euphoria of your own enlightenment
>>
>>54646663
>They're just also way too strong and don't really resemble actual occult practices
>don't really resemble actual occult practices
Go play Ascension then

Awakening is more of a unique beast in comparison.
Far more original than 'muh consensual reality'
>>
>>54646744
Why even bother to assert something if you aren't prepared for it to be opposed?
>>
>>54646621
Not all scary monsters "hunt and or live in the darkness", retard.

Your beloved princes of the night don't speak for every other line.
>>
>>54646762
Awakening has plenty of occult elements. It's not just snapping your fingers like the retards on here seem to think it is.
>>
>>54646788
Notice the and/or
>>54646775
Nothing anybody says can get to you so why bother mage fag
>>
>>54646762
Ascension is also bad, because consensual reality is a bad idea and the "actual occult practices" from it are in great part over the top magical science.
>>
>>54646803
Actually it is. All magic can be performed by imagining the spell in your head than casting it. No incantations, hand gestures or wands/staffs required
>>
File: matrix_ver1_xlg.jpg (195KB, 1000x1383px) Image search: [Google]
matrix_ver1_xlg.jpg
195KB, 1000x1383px
>>54646803
Awakening has more in common with pic related than you're willing to believe
>>
>>54646762
Ascension mages are even more powerful than awakening mages genius
>>
>>54646851
>No incantations, hand gestures or wands/staffs required
Except these things do exist. They make casting easier.
This was the same in Ascension.

Spontaneous magic has always been a thing, both old and new.
It's just far easier in Awakening.
>>
>>54646853
Magefags will deny this
>>
>>54646870
Yeah, but they're also more demanding in preparation.
>>
File: MajorasMaskWhy.png (421KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MajorasMaskWhy.png
421KB, 640x480px
>>54646851
If you want to be a scrub yes. have fun with cantrips. There is a reason light is a level 1 spell and Fireball 3d6 of damage is a level 3 spell
>>
>>54646870
Only because of how cheesed things can get in Ascension.
>>
>>54646851
>Actually it is
It isn't. Building a raw Imago with no yantras is the bare minimum. Tools, magic words, gestures, rituals, mana, these are all things you can use to help you cast spells.
>>
>>54646883
>>54646900
>>54646944
What part of not required don't you chuckle fucks not understand?
>>
File: twilight_xlg.jpg (204KB, 1013x1500px) Image search: [Google]
twilight_xlg.jpg
204KB, 1013x1500px
>>54646853
Vampire has more in common with pic related than you're willing to believe.
>>
File: BloodSunglasses.jpg (415KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BloodSunglasses.jpg
415KB, 600x600px
>>54646897
Hey I still like the matrix, but I like it for what it is. It's just the right amount of 90s action + some philosophy. It's simple but enjoyable. It's like a really well made hamburger. Sure it's not stake, but it's filling and pleasant
>>
>>54646977
What shit bait. I know you can do better than that.
>>
>>54646976
Why should they be required?
>>
>>54646978
Never said anything bad about it. I love the matrix but for awakening fags to deny how much was taken from the film bothers me greatly
>>
File: memorydump.jpg (771KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
memorydump.jpg
771KB, 3264x2448px
>>54646977
oh so you have your vamps sparkle. that's kind of faggy and gay. but your home rolls have fun with homebrew.
>>
>>54646999
My point exactly. Not willing to believe it. You're right, bloodsucking monsters with physical and mental superpowers stressing over existential soul angst definitely does not describe Twilight and Vampire at all.
>>
>>54647009
Because than it would be actual magic instead of Mr. Mzplethzlwk tier reality warping/Clarke's third law shenanigans
>>
>>54647040
How about the fact that Requiem came out way before Twilight you retarded shitposring piece of ahit5
>>
>>54647042
How is it not actual magic? Is there some real life standard of magic you're basing this off of?
>>
>>54647042
Real world Occultists legit believed they could pull shit off with nothing but their will
>>
>>54647069
Simmer down and try again. You mashed a few buttons in your butthurt.
>>
>>54647088
Yes the egyptian magic practicing priests from the bible
>>
File: stoplisten.png (61KB, 1072x364px) Image search: [Google]
stoplisten.png
61KB, 1072x364px
>>54647040
How do you fail to acknowledge Anne Rice as the beginning of the vampire angst?
>>
>>54647105
Didn't that jew moses just kinda will his staff into a snake?
>>
>>54647103
>haha I troll you trolololo
Do us all a favor and neck yourself you mong
>>
>>54647107
So you don't deny that Twilight has a lot in common with Vampire?
>>
>>54647107
Because I am a retarded troll who was shitposring to get lulz
>>
>>54638109
Yes, it was awful. At least Magefaggotry keeps the fags from RPG.net and Onyx Path away
>>
File: 1433307004701.jpg (834KB, 1214x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1433307004701.jpg
834KB, 1214x1239px
>>54647120
>>
>>54647119
>Jew
not egyptian
>staff
still a focus
>Moses
He got the pre Jesus powers from god

Rote magic verse God's might via vessel. It's more Mage verse Demon than anything
>>
>>54647135
So you are implying that requiem somehow stole from twilight like awakening stole from the matrix despite twilight coming out years after requiem?
>>
>>54646440
>why are humans beings above the stupid bogeymen
I wonder
>>
>>54647167
Moses was practically a sorcerer if we follow real world occult philosophies.

D&D split magic into Cleric and Wizard, wrongly.
>>
>>54647135
dude no cares about your homebrew sparkly vampires. We get it they're vegan fags.
>>
>>54647167
Moses was a legit magician. 90% of all historical magic was heavily religious, be it through faith or reverence.
>>
>>54647194
Moses literally received his miracles from God and the one time where he claimed credit for a miracle instead of giving the glory to God he was punished pretty strongly
>>
>>54647221
Which miracle was that?
>>
>>54647174
...Are you implying that the Matrix created Gnosticism and that it's the only tale of downfall by hubris?
>>
>>54647194
>Cleric and Wizard
thats do to christian verse paganism that got pushed really hard. When it;s all really just some form of otherworldly invisible entity worship.
>>
>>54647221
There was no difference between miracles and magic back then, only when somebody started pointing fingers at you for being under the wrong 'deity' did 'sorcery' come under fire.
>>
>>54647119
>>54647167
>>54647194
>>54647212
>>54647221

What spheres would I need to recreate Moses miracles?

Bonus question: What what his focus for each one?
>>
File: JustBeAdult.jpg (25KB, 352x285px) Image search: [Google]
JustBeAdult.jpg
25KB, 352x285px
>>54647230
>I failed history in school because I don't understand time
>>
>>54646328
Just gonna ask this again if people are done shitposting at eachother.
>>
>he says Mage doesn't involved occult shit

This is why Magefags decide to grief you. You know jack shit about the setting, and it's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>54647262
>spheres
reeeeeeeeeee ascension
Also literally Chorister
>>
>>54647227
10 plagues
Splitting the red sea
Ground opening up and swallowing the murmers
Mana from the heavens
Water coming out of a rock
>>
>>54647262
Spheres are fucking garbage compared to the Arcana!
>>
>>54647324
So he was a very powerful Mage
>>
>>54647289
>Free council
What? no anon. The USSR would be plagued by silver ladders using populist better of the people's plight. Free council are about the means, but the ladder has the objective. topple the restrictive government. The Iron wall representing the wall of the void. A prison inside another prison
>>
>>54647352
Not really since God did all the work.
>>
>>54647380
But there was little difference between 'miracles' and 'sorcery' back then.

Also Choristers.
>>
>>54647380
RL Hermetics thought they were invoking God and his angels when they worked their magic, along with other various pre-Christianity gods.

They were arguably the most scientific of occult practitioners.
>>
>>54647379
Interesting, I was thinking that another Diamond Order acting in the benefit to Western powers such as NATO would be contracting the player cabal to provide deniability should the players screw themselves.
>>
File: 20-Mins-Into-netflix-And-Chill-.jpg (60KB, 640x653px) Image search: [Google]
20-Mins-Into-netflix-And-Chill-.jpg
60KB, 640x653px
>>54647401
>little difference between 'miracles' and 'sorcery'
and science
A lot of techniques were about applied pattern recognition, without understanding the specifics. Why do plants in sun grow and those in dark don't? We understand it's photosynthesis. but back then they'd say plants love the sun
>>
File: Moses.jpg (138KB, 1313x909px) Image search: [Google]
Moses.jpg
138KB, 1313x909px
Anons aren't wrong.
Moses was a fucking wizard according to this Jewish historian

http://ejmmm2007.blogspot.ca/2009/01/moses-magician.html
>>
>>54647488
>NATO
sounds like an arrow thing. they're all about going out and getting the good fight on. You just have to understand the restrictive government of the USSR was the product of radical modernization at the expensive of the farming class. It was like they had the whole of the industrialization period in a weekend
>>
Isn't it forbidden for any of the Pentacle Orders to get involved with Sleeper conflicts after the WWII shitshow?
>>
>>54647572
>wizard
indeed. but that interruption goes against the protestant church which gives all powers to god. which is why in Christendom the wizard part is down played a lot and the God part is more predominate
>>
>>54647638
indeed. but what defines a sleeper conflict? Is it all out war? or is radial revolution? If you only go after your seer rivals does that make it ok?

Mostly that ideology came into play because a lot of arrows ended up killing each other, while on different sides of that war.
>>
>>54647605
You mean the way they had their industrial resolution which in effect caused the serfs to become property of the company rather than any one landowner?
>>
>>54647657
Just shows how ignorant Christianity is at its core, and how much its representatives are in denial of the reality of things.

Western magic had always been heavily influenced by the Abrahamic religions.
>>
File: icon_donovan.jpg (62KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
icon_donovan.jpg
62KB, 200x200px
I guess those "shitposters" were right about magebabies being fedora tippers
>>
>>54647730
Kind of yah.

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Tons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0

I'm not a historian but that's roughly what happened. Just instead of any particular company it was a state run entity. That calls back to bronze statesman ship. issuing planting seasons and seeds. It worked, but the cost was a dizzying amount
>>
>>54647894
Basically in the western world they used (and continually use if you ask some people) Debt and obligation. Russian pre USSR was not modernized in that respect still had large swaps of land. Russian is motherfcking cold and large and mountains. It's got vodka steel and oil. and they are shrew about their dealing. They have a public spy school.
>>
>>54647638
No, that was a decision by the Adamantine Arrow to disallow their membership to take up arms in Sleeper conflicts, due to the high attrition rate and division which was caused by WW2.

You can still mess around supporting the anti-terrorist effort in the Middle East for example, but you're not allowed to put yourself, or your stewardship over Pentacle Magics in jeopardy.
>>
>>54646853
Except Demon has way more in common with the Matrix
Magefags need to accept they're just the mary-sue knockoff of the other splats
Your schtick can basically be summed up by
>we do everything anyone can do, but better
Fucking boring if you ask me
No personality
>>
>>54648402
This post is dripping with butthurt. No wonder magefags rule this general. Such easy pickings.
>>
>Anything you can do, Mage can do better
>Mage can do anything better than you!
>No, it can't! Yes, it can! No, it can't! Yes it can, yes it can, yes it can!
>>
>>54648444
Butthurt about what ? Having superior taste ?
Also don't pretend you're not one of those fags
>>
>>54648478
Fuck off
>>
>>54648501
no u
>>
>>54648402
>It's not both

machine agents ala Smith. machine god controlling your VR game
>>
>>54648554
>both
¿qué?
>>
>>54648615
>one media can only inspire one other media
video game player indeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0oHnGM_iQw
>>
>>54648481
>more butthurt
>>
>>54646369
I love how they anthropomorphize anyone who criticizes their idiocy into one adversarial entity.
>>
File: SuperiorityMorosStyle.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorityMorosStyle.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>>54647871
Listen, kid. If Mage is the subject of the post, it's a shitpost.
>>
>>54648402
If you don't grasp the ties of Mage to the Matrix you have little to no understanding of the game, from its origins (which pretty much scream "Matrix" years before its release) to its present incarnation.
>>
>>54649119
The Original Mage was 90's as fuck. It was a work of goddamn art. The Matrix wishes it was as Matrix as the original Mage. Still the best, most awesome iteration of the game, before the Vision got tainted by idiots like Brucato who just didn't fully grasp it.
>>
>>54649171
They are every WoD player pre nWoD. Justin Achilli's vision of the perfect man.
>>
>>54649119
>moron thinks the Matrix created Gnosticism
>>
File: harelip.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
harelip.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54649190
You never saw mage the ascension players in its hayday. Picture related.

>>54649197
And this is why we can't make posts in a humorous/light tone with magefags around. Dude, don't be a tool.
>>
>>54646321
Yeah, then we could have wall to wall mageposts without him.
>>
File: 1501523633470.png (624KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
1501523633470.png
624KB, 722x525px
>>54649266
>they're blaming vampires again, it's always the vampires. when it's not the werewolves. everyone is out to get the magefags, it's such a big, scary world, where everyone is persecuting the poor little babies

Do you all need a safe space?
>>
>>54649296
You stole my image! Give it back! Original stolen image! Do not steal!

Also, yeah. Like, a COFD trolling thread and then a regular thread would be awesome.
>>
>>54649296
Ironically the other splatfags are the ones who clamor for a safe space ("Magefags should just make their own thread!") or cry about being persecuted ("Fucking Mage fucking over the other splats getting all the attention fucking Mary Sues they don't even fit in the setting!").
>>
>>54649320
PosterIDs man, we need em here bad.
>>
>>54649342
Suddenly silence. Figures.
>>
File: iron.jpg (97KB, 1106x1500px) Image search: [Google]
iron.jpg
97KB, 1106x1500px
>>54649341
that's not irony that's projection. I know you guys have bad vocabulary skills but I keep seeing this mistake all the time
>>
File: Wee Owl.jpg (116KB, 900x726px) Image search: [Google]
Wee Owl.jpg
116KB, 900x726px
>>54649407
Careful, you'll invoke a shame spiral and they'll just start up with the inspirational DaveB psalms.

To change the subject, I present a wee owl.
>>
>>54649553
>wee owl
>must be referring to the strix

It only takes Death 1 to troll a Strix by turning it into a shadow penis
>>
>>54649567
Of course a Magefag would say something so fucking irrelevant just to cement his superiority complex..
>>
hey /CofD/, just starting out with Chronicle.

What's the importance of integrity? Like, in game, does having lower integrity stunt you?
>>
>>54649626
For certain abilities.
Mostly it's just bad because of the slippery slope of the conditions which you accumulate through losing Integrity.
>>
>>54649626
It's roleplay fodder. You slowly go nuts as it drops, but the lower it is the more of a cunt you need to be to drop it further. There are some mechanical bits, check the book for the exact pieces.
>>
File: skellcopter.jpg (86KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
skellcopter.jpg
86KB, 640x400px
>>54649603
>believing owls are literal shadows
>>
File: 1501430272832.jpg (40KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
1501430272832.jpg
40KB, 615x410px
>>54649567
Wee abyssal "spider" gulmoth that crawled into your brain and controls your every perception giggles gleefully as you "troll" that "strix" into a "shadow penis"
>>
>>54649884
Strix are made of shadows, therefore I can turn it into a dildo.

:^)
>>
>>54649884
Yeah, then the spider leaves to find an actual retarded host, because he's not wrong.

Death 1 can turn the Strix into shadow vaginas. Deal with it.
>>
>>54649893
But is it a strix?

Is it shadow?

What are you actually tuning into a dildo?

Are you even doing what you think you're doing?

You have an abyssal entity living inside your bane, gleefully using you as a toy. It could probably just fully subsume you, but it's having more fun doing what it's doing, coaxing you along into acts of hubris and vanity.
>>
>>54649932
>implying the mage isn't scelestus
>implying the gulspider isn't his 'pet'

Anon pls
>>
>>54649966
Would Gulmoths make good pets for the sufficiently insane?

A parasitic brain spider sounds pretty cute.
Helping his/her owner get his/her way.
>>
What are some examples of Nimbuses you have used for your mages? Well I'm specifically l looking for ideas for Nimbus Tilts, but the whole Nimbus idea is too cool not to get the whole story.
>>
>>54650001
I'm sure there are some wonderful Scelestus pet shop keepers out there, gladly offering their lonely Mage brothers companion critters and "familiars" of the Gulmoth sort.
>>
I wonder if the crossover book will explain which arcana would be best for dealing with Angels or Prommie angels.

Though at this rate, I'll probably die before said crossover book materializes.
>>
File: sad skelly.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
sad skelly.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>54650159
Forever waiting
>>
>>54650004
A Moros character I used once had a Nimbus where it was a phantom sensation of sinking into the ground.
>>
>>54638684
To whit, starting top left:
Mortals - Requiem - Forsaken - Awakening - Lost - Promethean
Starting Bottom Left: Hunter - Geist - Mummy - Godmachine - Strix - Demon

>>54646276
This was made way pre-Beast.
I made the image
>>
>>54650159
Promethean, none. They don't respond to prime/forces. Thank christ.
>>
>>54650001
You might like This Book is Full of Spiders. It's written by David Wong/Jason Pargin, but it's a good read despite that.
>>
>>54650369
>>
>>54650350
>Despite that
Hey, John dies at the end was good.

I guess I don't know anything else he has written. Didn't he work at buzzfeed?
>>
File: DaveB - StrixShadows.png (27KB, 1187x296px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB - StrixShadows.png
27KB, 1187x296px
>>54649932
>>54649893
>>54649860

DaveB has indicated that the Strix can be controlled with Death as shadows.

Dave also wrote the Strix.
>>
>>54650004
Someone asks an actual mage related question about game related material, rather than splat wars, and with one exception (thanks dude, it's good to see one helpful person here on wodg), no one answers.
>>
>>54650238
You know, that's actually incredibly creepy, if you think about it. Cool.
>>
>>54651740
Try the other thread.
>>
File: Network Zero Supremacy.gif (2MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
Network Zero Supremacy.gif
2MB, 500x360px
>>54651948
Thanks. Well, we might as well nudge this one up to 325.
>>
File: MageWalksIntoTheRoom.gif (968KB, 430x241px) Image search: [Google]
MageWalksIntoTheRoom.gif
968KB, 430x241px
>>54652066
>>
File: 1499029354581s.jpg (2KB, 125x76px) Image search: [Google]
1499029354581s.jpg
2KB, 125x76px
>>
File: angryperfectedadept.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
angryperfectedadept.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>54652079
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.