[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you guys draw the line on points limits? Let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Star_of_Chaos.jpg (40KB, 610x645px) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_Chaos.jpg
40KB, 610x645px
Where do you guys draw the line on points limits? Let's say you have a 1,500 point game with your friend. How far would you allow someone to stray from that number (aside from tournament play). My friend is trying to say that going 75 points over isn't that bad, but I made my army so that it doesn't pass our limit at all. Who would you say is in the right?
>>
>>54635034
You're in the right. 75 points over is basically letting him have an extra unit.
>>
>>54635034
Zero points over the limit is the most I'll allow. It's a fucking limit, not abiding by it is just cheating.

If he wants a higher point limit, it needs to apply to everyone. He's trying for a full 5% advantage.
>>
Tell him to look up "limit" in the dictionary,

Then tell him if he wants to play 1575, then tell the opponent to make a 1575 list. "Fooling" the opponent into bringing a smaller list so you get an advantage is blatant cheating.
>>
>>54635034
Unless all of his units are bare bones, he can drop those 75pts in wargear and extra models in order to get under the limit. If he's unwilling to then he's a cunt.
>>
75 is bullshit. I could see 1-10 points as being fine but with 75 you're getting free equipment or partial units.
>>
>>54635034

We usually stray 1-3 points above or below on a regular basis. This is of course if you can't help it so to speak.
We wouldn't for example let a 4 point upgrade let you go from 1499 to 1503, as you could just as easily have avoided going over.
>>
File: degenerates.jpg (49KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
degenerates.jpg
49KB, 482x428px
>>54635034
no. just no. that's classic kid behavior. 75 points is a ton. that's like getting a free plasma gun for all your units. I personally say less then five, because some guns have weird costs like 12 or 13 and things might end up short a hair to fill out a list nicely with expensive per man units.

Even then I'd want to look at the list and consider making a guy turn a plasma gun into a melta or something.
>>
>>54635034
4 or less. I'm willing to be flexible, but don't take the piss.
>>
I'll allow up to 4 points over in a casual game.
>>
>>54637303
This
>>
>>54635034

When me or my opponent go over the poit limit, we tell the other one it's the case and ask for permission. When I have 1499 and you have 1503 it's no problem for me. If I have 1489 and you go for 1508 I say sorry mate but the difference is to big, I'll try to find something useful for the difference but I'm afraid you'll have to drop something.

Also, I allow going a couple of points over the limit to avoid bullshit such as five units with the same number of models, same armament and upgrdes, but one is lacking a piece of equipement that costs 5 because that would go above the leve.

>tl;dr

be fucking friendly, it's a friendly game.

In a tournament the limit is stone set but that's obvious.
>>
File: Equality.jpg (102KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Equality.jpg
102KB, 250x250px
>>54635112

This. Many players - like OP's opponent - seem to approach this subject backwards. You can bring *UP TO* the agreed points limit. If I ran into someone who claimed their 75pt overage was NBD, I'd tell them that, by my standard, 15pts UNDER is NBD, but if they want a match, they must simply reduce their list by 75pts or - by THEIR standard - 150.
>>
With the way summoning works in this edition I just ask my opponent how many point they're at and add the extra to my summoning cap. Oh you needed that plasma? I guess I can bring in some horrors late game to squat on an objective
>>
<5
>>
>>54640261
I'm honestly not a fan of summoning, but you just gave me a great irl example of when I would use it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.