[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when the campaign ends and you have to deal with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1495540945430.gif (366KB, 370x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495540945430.gif
366KB, 370x200px
What do you do when the campaign ends and you have to deal with the fact you'll never become to hero you are on the tabletop?

Last week, one of the best campaigns I was ever in ended. In it, I was someone important, someone charming, someone who mattered.

This week, I'm staring at an empty group chat, painfully reminded that I'm a paralyzed, wheelchair-bound cripple who lives off of disability bucks and a face that not even my dad loves.

How do I get these pains to stop?
>>
>>54634641
start over faggot
>>
>>54634641
Stop living in your head and go see a psychiatrist. Seriously, you need help.
>>
File: 1472423660491.jpg (29KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
1472423660491.jpg
29KB, 720x478px
>>54634641
See:
>>54634657
>>
>>54634695
A psychiatrist won't solve his problems, they'll only convince him he has none, to ignore them. This because every single one of them are quacks, all of them. No exceptions. You come to terms with reality or tough shit.
>>
>>54634967

Sorry you had shit ones but no, no they are not all quacks.

OP should see a therapist to help sort his shit out and see if his gaming group wants to have another game.

He should also take up writing or some other creative exercise.
>>
>>54635031
None of that solves his problems.
>>
>>54634967
>A psychiatrist won't solve his problems, they'll only convince him he has none, to ignore them.
Certainly not his biggest problems, but they can and do help.

>This because every single one of them are quacks, all of them. No exceptions.
No-
Depends on how you define "quacks", really.

About 20% of my disabled spouse's mental health care professionals have been great. One was amazing at calling out bullshit.

>You come to terms with reality or tough shit.
Explain the option of "tough shit" again?

>>54635243
>None of that solves his problems.
It won't make him dance a jig, no.
But it can help, a lot.
>>
>>54634641
OP?
see:
>>54635031
>see a therapist to help sort your shit out
>see if your gaming group wants to have another game
>take up writing or some other creative exercise
I was going to recommend that last one.
If your only reprieve truly is the escapism of roleplaying, writing allows you to put yourself in any role you wish, and it doesn't need to be good or shared if you don't want to.
If you 100% can't write, then draw, sculpt, or fingerpaint scenes of your character's adventures.
You might actually develop a talent that will help your self esteem.

>a face that not even my dad loves.
You'd be surprised what can happen in life.
I once at a concert I saw a chicken-man lovingly embracing a woman built like a bag of wet garbage.
The two were clearly in love and quite comfortable with each other.
It was surprisingly beautiful.

On the other hand, there was once a tall, strong, and handsome (if poorly styled) young man with a truly remarkable gift at painting.
The young man could have been much more popular and successful in life and in general but was convinced that nobody would ever value him for any reason and nothing mattered because he had a penis that was one inch long when erect.
He was convinced that all his social failings came from this fact when, in all likelihood, they came from the fact that he would not stop mentioning that everyone hated him because he had a one inch penis.

I'll believe you when you say you're ugly.
Despite the party line, physically ugly people do exist.
I don't, however, believe that you are "too ugly".
for anything.
>>
File: 1485375933063.jpg (105KB, 800x901px) Image search: [Google]
1485375933063.jpg
105KB, 800x901px
>>54634641
>paralyzed, wheelchair-bound cripple
>want's to be a hero, someone important, someone charming, someone who mattered

Build a suit of power armor to overcome your physical disabilities. I might sound like I'm memeing you but I'm serious If you can draft up some half decent blue prints you could make some good crowd funding money if you make your kickstarter video sad enough. If your not technically minded enough for that look into volunteering for medical studies for prosthesis and motion assistance machinery. You can help advance medical science, potentially bang a qt technician, and bring us one step closer to Star Ship Troopers.

Being a hero, in real life takes determination, guts, and just a dash of crazy. Go for it
>>
>>54636331
See, this guy gets it.
>>
>>54634641
What kind of day jobs can a superhero who's civilian identity is a paralyzed, wheelchair-bound cripple?
>>
>>54636541
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Oracle from the Batman comics who worked as a data analyst. OP, do you have any special skills that could be applied to fighting crime? Your power armor will mean nothing if their isn't a good man behind it.
>>
File: a9c.png (3MB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a9c.png
3MB, 856x1200px
Read Steel ball run. The main character is also a wheelchair bound cripple, but he manages to ride across the USA on horseback. Plus it's a great entry point to the JoJo's series which is always inspiring
>>
>>54636153

>I'll believe you when you say you're ugly.
>Despite the party line, physically ugly people do exist.
>I don't, however, believe that you are "too ugly".
>for anything.

This.

>I don't, however, believe that you are "too ugly".
>for anything.

And in this way, ugly people don't exist.
>>
>>54634641
>What do you do when the campaign ends and you have to deal with the fact you'll never become to hero you are on the tabletop?
Start a new campaign.

It's like you're not even trying.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.