[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets play a little game. I'll name something, you give it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ddeeb87695fdc42e1a89eb7168a31120.jpg (308KB, 918x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ddeeb87695fdc42e1a89eb7168a31120.jpg
308KB, 918x1500px
Lets play a little game.
I'll name something, you give it a description, then name something that has an association with it.
As in "Hellblade" leads to "Devils Eye" since the devil resides in hell.
Let's start:
Leviathan Guard
>>
As the name implies, the Leviathan Guard is nothing short of enormous. Towering metal giants guarding the seaside city of Leviathan, as ancient as they are powerful.

>The Iron Organ
>>
>>54630393
The Iron Organ is the only thing capable of rousing the Leviathan Guard from their slumber. An enormous artifact, located in a temple overlooking the shore of Leviathan, its music awakens the metal giants and gives them purpose. It's only been played in the face of great threats. But, if seized by the wrong hands, it could be used as a tool of great power and even greater destruction.

>The Song of Dawn
>>
>>54630675
The Song of Dawn is the standard series of musical notes that need to be played in order for the Leviathan Guard to awaken. It is the first song taught to apprentice organ players once they have proved their loyalty to Leviathan. Since the Iron Organ and the Leviathan Guard are so dangerous if misused, this song only awakens the golems so they can perform basic actions. Patrolling the city and attacking any obvious large scale threats. More complex songs are taught once the apprentice can be fully trusted.

>The Lost Melodies
>>
>>54630675
The Song of Dawn is the name of the song played of the only known time the Leviathan Guard were needed, played at of course, dawn, when the unholy creatures marched upon the denizens of Leviathan. Ironically the "drummers" banging their horrific cacophony set the beat of the song used to protect the terrified townspeople.

>Flesh Shapers
>>
>>54630762
The fore-runners were a mysterious and reportedly beautiful peoples - alien in all ways, said to resemble cephalopods of the sea moreso then any man. Before they returned to their home above the firmament, they left their knowledge for all the bask in and understand, written in their melodic tongue of chords and harmonies. Men do not have the grace of the fore-runners, and it took mere generations for them to vanish from sight and fade into rumor, then legend, then myth. It is said that the lost melodies call to those who will listen, promising the secrets of reaching the stars to join those graceful ancients who gifted us their presence.

>The Covenant of Brass
>>
>>54630762
The Lost Melodies are a terrible shame on the past of Leviathan. The Leviathan Guard's thought by the people to be composed of constructs, mindless machines that the city uses as tools.

In truth, the giants were once alive and independent. The Lost Melodies have enslaved the giants, shackling them to the duty of guarding Leviathan. If recovered, the Lost Melodies could be played again to set the giants free; but even the knowledge that they once existed is closely guarded by the oldest and most secretive organ players.

>Dissonance
>>
>>54630870
>>54630878
I'm gonna combine these ideas a bit, and say while the Lost Melodies were made by ancient fore-runners, they were misused to enslave the giants.

>Dissonance
A strange, invisible, supernatural force that seems to be haunting Leviathan with increasing boldness each passing year. Its presence is signaled by a discordant chords being played from a location none can fully determine, but once it passes, misfortune follows. It seems to especially follow the giants, damaging their armored shells, or causing damage to the Iron Organ.

>and since I didn't do it myself, The Covenant of Brass.
>>
>>54631118
The Covenant of Brass is a society within Leviathan's conservatory. If the Conservatory teaches men and women to be musicians, storytellers, actors and historians, their most promising and loyal are absorbed into the Covenant, where they're trained as spies, instigators and organ players.

>The Drifting College
>>
>>54631378
The Drifting College is a massive ship where those who seek a life outside of Leviathan go. The ship goes out to sea, traveling to the other coast cities around the circular sea. While on the ship, they learn not only the skills of sea faring, merchant work, and aquatic sciences, but are given a taste of what the world outside of Leviathan is like.

The college also subtly instills a sense of patriotism into the students, teaching them that they can still explore the world while also serving the needs of Leviathan.
>>
>>54631482
oh yeah, forgot a term

>Sea Shifters
>>
>>54631508
In Leviathan, Sea Shifters are largely considered an old wives' tale, but the men and women of the sea, as well as in other coastal cities, have a healthy willingness to believe in, and fear, them.

Shifters are sea beasts, said to be larger than mountains. There are tales of shifters shaped like hydras, krakens, whales and narwhals, but as a whole they're called Sea Shifters; as the stories go, that's because they're so large that even their movement is enough to change sea currents, sink ships and create tidal waves and seaquakes. The Leviathan Guard was first created to defend the city against Sea Shifters, but one hasn't been seen in the city shore in centuries.

>the Court of Pearls
>>
Come on, /tg/, don't make me (you) myself.
>>
>>54631703
The Court of Pearls, legend states, are the creators of the Sea Shifters, and the cruel rulers of the bottom of the sea. Said to be made up of exiles and enemies of the fore-runners, the Court of Pearls sought to control all of the oceans and drag sailors to their watery dooms, where they would become their thralls and servants. Stories say that if one were to hold a lucky pearl on their body as they sank to the bottom of the ocean, the Court of Pearls would spare their life and return them to land.

Perhaps these are just stories, for no ancient fish man nor Sea Shifter has been seen in centuries, but that doesn't stop superstitious sailors from always holding a pearl.

>Blood Coral
>>
>>54632650
Blood Coral's the name of the most infamous pirate ship in the Circular Sea. Captained by Rhogar Sharkhide and named for its red, stained hull, it's not actually dyed with blood, but the captain reaffims that misconception as fact to enhance his legend.

Rhogar's said to have found and pillaged lost temples and settlements of the fore-runners, finding wondrous artifacts that allow him to predict the winds and currents, breathe underwater and even control sea creatures, but the rumors are very incoherent on the matter of how he found or managed to enter these places, so it might be just drunken sailor's tales after all.

>The Isle of Dread
>>
>>54632537

I tried, man. Direct word association is super fucking lame. It just makes everything seem samey and garbage. You can't have oddball stuff to flavor up the world and connect things in strange, engaging ways.
>>
>>54635398
I disagree, I just think the format of this type of thing is hard to pull of on /tg/. Two people post a response to the same thing, someone's gotta pick one over the other, and now the mood is dead.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.