[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need character ideas, /tg/. Simple ideas. Ideas that can be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I need character ideas, /tg/.

Simple ideas. Ideas that can be used for recruitable NPC units in a turn-based tactical RPG, in the vein of Fire Emblem.

Some examples:
>Burly blacksmith who wishes to personally test his wares and hone his craft on the battlefield.
>Battle-thirsty upbeat warrior with no allegiances or loyalty, who fights only in the hopes of finding his ultimate opponent.
>A mage savant who has the ability to cast spells without the use of tomes, but has absolutely no control over what he casts and is hopelessly clumsy in all areas of life.
>>
a fighting man, is a pacifist and family man off the battlefield, but becomes a killing machine who loves combat when on-the clock

he will take any risk if there is sufficient reward
>>
File: mage wizard 1499274586737.jpg (335KB, 1024x1500px) Image search: [Google]
mage wizard 1499274586737.jpg
335KB, 1024x1500px
Axe Druid, saviour of the teutoburg forest!

A druid who mediates between nature spirits and neighbouring mortal towns. A pragmatist, he seeks diplomatic and magical solutions to the agriculture vs Old Forest question. Restrict human logging to new-growth areas, and keep the farms productive enough to not require expansion & felling. Educate peasants about faerie customs. Prefers dialogue when dealing with adventurers, but will absolutely turn into a bear when needed.
>>
>>54604879
A sugar cane worker, she's a single mom that took that job to feed her child after the father left her.
Fighter with low strength gains but tough, she joins in the hope of finding her son who was drafted soon into his teen years and hasn't heard of in months.
>>
>>54604879
"Flutes", a mute itinerant kung-fu monk who performs acrobatic tricks and performs music to earn his keep when not on an adventure, but also wields those same musical instruments in battle (the flutes are effectively steel rods of various lengths that he uses as clubs, darts, and quarterstaves). Generally somewhat sarcastic but with a heart of gold.
>>
A holy warrior that witnessed a great, dire truth. Unable to lie because of his vows, and unable to share this information for the destruction it would bring, he cut out his own tongue.
>>
>>54604879
Look at the cast of fe1, then the enemies.
Now copy them and rename them and you get the authentic fire emblem experience.
>>
>>54604879
You're in luck OP, I ran a Fire Emblem campaign to completion that had 60+ units in the players' army by the end of it, so you can have some of the ones they didn't use or like very much

>A druid who studies monsters and has a special tome that lets him use any monster attack, but only once he's survived getting hit by it
>A luchador who just wants to wrestle dragons
>Rule 63 Othin from FE5, complete with his/her axe Bhuj (the one that got mistranslated as 'Pugi')
>A funny old merchant-wizard who crafts stat-up items, but they're all phonies and have slightly-misspelled names like 'Dracoshelf' or 'Swiftholes' so they don't really do anything
>A wise armor knight whose eyes are always closed in contemplation as he ponders philosophy and the truth of all things while following orders to guard a doorway since he isn't fast enough to reach the battlefield in time to fight

those said,
>Burly blacksmith who wishes to personally test his wares and hone his craft on the battlefield.
I actually used this one, except it was a chick and she was a blatant nod to the Craftknights of the Summon Night: Swordcraft Story series
She also wore pink armor and had pink hair, rode a horse, and worked as a mercenary alongside two others who wore light blue and yellow armor+hair, as the "easter cavs" (because the christmas colors were already in use by other units)
The sheer bantz they had between each other made them some of my favorite NPCs to have ever played

A good rule of thumb is just to give them a couple different things to talk about in theoretical support conversations, and you're set
>>
>>54608142
Do you have Discord or Skype? Talking to you could actually help quite a bit.
(I'm also running FE.)
>>
File: delicious husbando manmeat.png (3KB, 99x83px) Image search: [Google]
delicious husbando manmeat.png
3KB, 99x83px
>>54608191
I don't use either of those regularly, but I do have them both installed so if you gave me a name or an email address or something to contact I could hit you up, sure

If you happen to be doing it on roll20 too I have a shitton of macros that makes combat using mechanics copypasted from the FE games a million times more streamlined and fun
If not there's plenty of stories to share I suppose, that whole campaign was perfection to me and I'll always treasure its memory
>>
>>54608242
... I feel like I might be the same person who gave you the Roll20 macros in the first place.
N-Nevermind.
>>
>>54608274
Joke's on you, I still have you on there if that's the case so I'm getting on now
I don't think I told you a whole lot about mine besides thanking you once it was over, I never would've imagined yours would still be going or that you'd actually need help with it
>>
>>54604879
Dead guy who dragged himself back from death once because he wasn't done partying, dammit.

Powerful sorceress hampered by her desire to go to battle in a bikini and stand in the open loudly proclaiming her superiority.

Paranoid illusionist who may or may not ever actually be where you think they are. Insists on multifactor identification and codenames for all meetings.

Powerful, if perverted healer (defrocked) nun. Keeps slipping aphrodisiacs into their supplies, and is pioneering magical elective cosmetic surgery in their off time. Usually attempts a grope when laying on the 'healing hands'.

Ox, so named for being fucking huge and a bit slow. Wields a massive hammer, and can bodily pick up smaller units and set them on his shoulders for protection and increased range.

A very small dragon, who demands to guard the company coffers if hired, and has a napoleon complex the size of a small town. Eventually comes to see the rest of the company as parts of his hoard, leading to tsunderely protective instincts.

Elderly knight and great-grandmother, who has political inroads nearly everywhere. Canny if weak in a fight, and also insists on cooking for the rest of the company.

Small, fuzzy forest-dwelling creature, who relies on poisons and traps to make up for its lack of height. Instead of having a cutesy speech pattern like usual for his race, he smokes a cigar and talks like a gangster.
>>
>>54604879
A small, physically disabled wizard that rides on the shoulders of a massive brute. They're a happy newly wed couple
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.