[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pardon my ignorance here, but I'm looking to play a game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: ChangelingTheLostCover.jpg (32KB, 279x358px) Image search: [Google]
ChangelingTheLostCover.jpg
32KB, 279x358px
Pardon my ignorance here, but I'm looking to play a game of Changeling the Lost and I have a quick question.
Do I need to get Chronicles of Darkness or World of Darkness to play it? If so, which one?
>>
Um, pretty sure you need WoD.

However I think Changeling is an older game so maybe the core book works? You could probably email White Wolf for clarification.
>>
>>54583131

Honestly you can do pretty well with just the changeling book. It has enough in it to run the system. I played it without the core book and it worked out fine for me. As for which core book you need it's Chronicles of Darkness. The old one >>54583647 is refering to is changeling the dreaming, which was shit. Changeling the lost is absolutely dope though.
>>
>>54583696
> As for which core book you need it's Chronicles of Darkness.
Not exactly. Chronicles of Darkness is the second edition line, and the core rulebook for Changeling: the Lost is World of Darkness.

That said there is a new edition of Changeling coming along for Chronicles of Darkness.
>>
>>54583696
Excellent.
Looking at White Wolf's website Changeling the Lost falls under chronicles of darkness although the Changeling the Lost book does say WoD on the binding.
The guys I'm gaming with are pretty familiar with WoD/CoD but this is my first time playing any White Wolf game.
I'll probably stick with just the Changeling book for now maybe pick up chronicles later. Yeah, I read Changeling the Lost front to back the day I got it, probably took around 6 hours to get through but it really resonated with me, I'm digging it.
Thanks for the response.
>>
>>54583731

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Chronicles_of_Darkness

please note that CTL is listed under Chronicles not World. You are thinking of Changeling the lost second edition, which will be coming out relatively soon, but ctl is not world of darkness. Ctd was world of darkness.
>>
>>54583756
Please note that when CtL was released Chronicles of Darkness did not exist, and was part of the nWoD line, the core rulebook of which was simply titled World of Darkness. Until the second edition is released, there is no CtL designed alongside Chronicles.
>>
>>54583773
So of the following:
>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/168428/Chronicles-of-Darkness
>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/1124/New-World-of-Darkness-Rulebook-1st-Edition?it=1
>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/1124/New-World-of-Darkness-Rulebook-1st-Edition?it=1
are any(which) of those the core books for CtL?
>>
>>54583794
linked the same one twice but im pretty sure it isnt the old world of darkness anyways
>>
>>54583794
The second is the core rulebook for CtL. When the second edition of CtL is released, the first will be the core book for that. I don't know how significant the differences are from nWoD to Chronicles, so Chronicles may well be usable as the core book.
>>
>>54583815
>>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/1124/New-World-of-Darkness-Rulebook-1st-Edition?it=1
Cool, this definitely makes the most sense to me all things considered.
>>
To alleviate some confusion, the World of Darkness label originally applied to several different lines like Vampire: the Masquerade, Mage: the Ascension, Werewolf: the Apocalypse, etc. Those lines had their own main book, with no unified core book linking them together. After those lines were ended completely, a new World of Darkness was created, with a single core book.

CtL is one of the lines designed for use with that World of Darkness core book. The original World of Darkness lines have been revived, however, and the newer World of Darkness has been renamed Chronicles of Darkness. The Chronicles of Darkness core book is a new edition, and the second editions of the newer lines are designed for use with the Chronicles book.
>>
First edition New World of Darkness is best anyway, once they changed to Chronicles it became total dogshit
>>
>>54586919
This. Also, I knew the moment they announced the name change that it would lend itself to confusion among potential players. It was a shit decision no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>54586919
Can you explain?
CoD seems quite an improvement, it standardized skills and merits, created an investigation and social conflict systems, lessened the impossibly high exp costs.
>>
>>54586977
I agree it was a shit decision, but I'm not sure there was a choice, given that the World of Darkness name is being used by White Wolf while Onyx Path are the ones continuing the lines under Chronicles.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.