[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 63

Old and Busted edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - Just announced

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Link to the previous general: >>54484584
>>
File: Arcane_effigy_front.jpg (250KB, 1200x652px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane_effigy_front.jpg
250KB, 1200x652px
>>54574768
>Dear diary; today, OP was not a fag.
Cheers OP.

To continue the last thread:
>>54574351
>Can anyone help me with Rasputina?

Let us know what hte problem is, and certainly.

As a general fix, take a couple of small fast things to bumrush her Ice Mirror nodes, hug lots of cover, and try not to clump into Blast-able targets.

Not dissimilar to Sonia.
>>
>>54574819
This. If blasts are a problem, friekorps are good.

Trappers are pretty much a must take in every outcast crew in.
>>
>>54574869
>in.
Imo
>>
I find Seamus utterly repulsive as a character, but I have to admit "Do You Know Who I Am?" makes me more interested in actually playing him. High hopes that the rest of the book's upgrades are as interesting and effective.
>>
How do you guys feel about these frameworks for Nellie builds?

(1) Nellie Cochrane - 4ss cache
+Misleading Headlines - 1ss
+Delegation - 1ss
+Guild Funds - 1ss
(2) Printing Press - 3ss
(3) Phiona Gage - 8ss
+Transparency - 1ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(4) Francisco Ortega - 8ss
+Wade In - 1ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(5) Peacekeeper - 11ss
+Numb to the World - 1ss
(6) Field Reporter - 4ss
(7) Field Reporter - 4ss
(8) Watcher - 4ss

(1) Nellie Cochrane - 5ss cache
+Delegation - 1ss
+Embedded - 1ss
(2) Printing Press - 3ss
(3) Phiona Gage - 8ss
+Transparency - 1ss
+Numb to the World - 1ss
(4) Sue - 8ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(5) Burt Jebsen - 7ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(6) Johan - 6ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(7) Big Jake - 5ss
(8) Field Reporter - 4ss
>>
>>54575244
I agree, but I don't think you're supposed to see a homicidal maniac who sorounds himself with undead hookers to be a nice, or sympathetic character. At best he's supposed to be a Hannibal lecter character.

Haven't seen the upgrade yet, but I do like that the outcasts now get Spring-heeled Jack to his Jack the Ripper
>>
>>54576043

I still need to read the MC where Midnight Stalker showed up.
>>
>>54575884
I like the second list more. I'd definitely give Big Jake debt over anyone else, since he's practically designed to die.

>>54576094
I didn't know he had a story, I just saw his start card.

I'm hoping the model is good. I'll probably grab it, despite not playing outcasts.
>>
My local malifaux scene is prettymuch dead, only person to actually play locally is a hyperactive manchild who attempts to cheat prettymuch every game and it's just not worth bothering trying to play him.
How's it feel playing online using Vassal?
>>
>>54576760
The area I'm in is dead too. I only play with the friends I've recruited into the game.
>>
>>54576760
>>54577049

There looks to be a pretty active ring on the forums and AWP, so you'll get games if you're in the right time-zone.

>>54575884
Which do you take into this, and why?

Deployment: Standard (6C)
Strategy: Interference / Reconnoiter (4M)
Schemes: (13R, 2C)

Frame for Murder (R)
Dig Their Graves (C)
Last Stand (13)
Undercover Entourage (2)
Claim Jump (Always)

Your opponent declares: Resurrectionists
>>
File: Mei Feng.png (106KB, 292x345px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng.png
106KB, 292x345px
>>54577729
As an Arcanist, against Ressurs and with Last Stand and Entourage in the pool, I'd be sorely tempted by:

Mei Feng
Kang - 9ss
Mechanized Porkchop - 7ss
Oxfordian Mage - 5ss
Oxfordian Mage - 5ss
Oxfordian Mage - 5ss

Leaves me 19ss for upgrades and a couple of Performers or a few Metal Gamin.

Straddling one of the Interference quarters, under cover of Vented Steam, Kang (Worker's Champion that he is) inspires the Mages to deliver disgusting damage output against Undead and Constructs.
Meanwhile the Piggy and Metal Gamin lay a trail of Scrap up the board for the Feng Express to roll up Turn 4 or 5.

Mages can score me Last Stand all by themselves, and their firepower with Kang's bonuses should keep the no-man's land clear.
>>
>>54577729
50 SS Outcasts Crew
Leveticus + 4 Pool
- Oath Keeper (1)
- Tally Sheet (1)
- Pariah of Iron (1)
Hollow Waif (0)
Hollow Waif (0)
Taelor (10)
- Oath Keeper (1)
Big Jake (5)
Soulstone Miner (6)
Performer (6)
Performer (6)
Necropunk (5)
Necropunk (5)

(exported from CrewFaux)

I'd get dig their Graves and claim jump.
They'll probably get free points off of frame for murder
>>
>>54578550
Also, I'm very bad at the game. Any other outcast players have any input?
>>
I know the general tricks and whatnot, but what kind of core builds/model pools do people like for Kirai? It feels harder to decide what to hire than what to summon.
>>
So there is a faggot at my FLGS that plays every game like it's a tourney. It's so bad that no one wants to play the guy anymore, including the Henchman who ends up taking tourney lists so they guy has some one to play against. Alot of the people here are just looking to have fun on their off time not stress about which grey unpainted bullshit he'll field when I'm looking to relax. Now I get wanting to practice for tournamemts, but he doesn't seem to get that no one here gives a shit about that. How do we:
>tell him to quit his shit and get him to change
Or
>get him to find another store
This is after people telling him multiple times they don't have playing against him
>>
>>54579905
What exactly does playing the game like it's a tourney entail? I could understand saying no to timing your matches or hurrying you up but it sounds like he just takes lists well suited for the objectives?
>>
>>54580237

From context it sounds like he always plays full throttle. He can't scale back to more casual play, he always tries to crush his opponent. My meta was like that and it was miserable learning the game from guys like that.
>>
>>54579905

All you can do is just not play him anon. I hate tourney fags something fierce, and I hate how they poison metas, but there's nothing actually wrong with him playing that way. If nobody plays him, he leaves or tones his shit down. If he doesn't the only way to not play him is don't play in a tourney. It's a shitty situation, but the only way to win this is not play.
>>
>>54579905
I thought we'd avoided money if the WAAC fags.

As long as you still have guys too pay, you're doing good.
>>
>>54580941
It's not like the opposite is that much better. My local meta (admittedly only 6 guys) is filled with people who will refuse to listen to any kind of advice, never adjust their playstyle to what their opponents do and then bitch and moan about how this or that faction is op and how they have the worst luck and all that.

I can take the most ridiculous lists and still win just about every match because I actually know how to play the schemes rather than fuck around shooting and hitting shit. Against each other just fucking around gets rewarded because their opponents do the same, so whenever I'm up I can either play normally and crush them or go with the most ridiculous shit I can think of and still breeze through it. I don't even like tournaments, especially the pace. I just want leisurely games where people try their best.
>>
>>54575884
>How do you guys feel about these frameworks for Nellie builds?

Very similar to two I use.

(1) Nellie Cochrane - 4ss cache
+Delegation - 1ss
(2) Printing Press - 3ss
(3) Phiona Gage - 8ss
+Transparency - 1ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(4) Francisco Ortega - 8ss
+Wade In - 1ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(5) Peacekeeper - 11ss
+Numb to the World - 1ss
(6) Master Queeg
+Promises - 1ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(7) Field Reporter - 4ss

(1) Nellie Cochrane - 5ss cache
+Delegation - 1ss
+Embedded - 1ss
(2) Printing Press - 3ss
(3) McTavish - 10ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
+Vengeance Bullet - 1ss
(4) Bishop - 10ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(5) Burt Jebsen - 7ss
+Debt to the Guild - 1ss
(6) Big Jake - 5ss
(7) Field Reporter - 4ss
(8) Field Reporter - 4ss

I can't see myself using guild funds right now just don't see a way to effectively generate that much evidence. Besides that I'd play them especially the merc list.
>>
Which totem do you guys go for with Asami? I was thinking of using the kamaitachi and bringing Tannen as my sole card support. I have seen some use Hannah and Annah, but I am not sure whether it is worth it to hire either.
>>
>>54582936
I don't really feel she needs a totem. The Malifaux Child is no good with her ridiculous amount of TN's and I've always found this magical Kamaitachi+Terracotta warrior trick far to expensive for what you get out of it.
>>
File: Jacob Lynch Small Crew.jpg (1MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
Jacob Lynch Small Crew.jpg
1MB, 2938x2204px
>>54582936
>>54582958
I don't play with her, and it's probably not 'the meta', but Amanjaku's Flicker bumps have fucked me many a time.
Why is he not useable?

>>54581657
Ok, that sounds piss annoying.

>>54579905
Have a tournament, enforce painting requirements.
Say it's a "standard GG" thing, then send him home when he turns up with The Greys.
Or accept that when he comes up in the rotation of peple you haven't played in ages you are probably going to lose, but once in a while it's good for your game to try and force yourself to play at a higher level.
>>
>>54583558
Oddly enough those miniatures are painted very well, but then boom! you look at the face and piano and decide that thinning paints is a good option for that painter.
>>
>>54581657
You can tell them what they do wrong and it will lower the moaning pretty quick.
>>54579905
1. Do not play with him unless 75% of models he is using are fully painted.
2. Straight up tell him if you do not want to play a "hardcore" game.
>>
File: Sidir.jpg (98KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sidir.jpg
98KB, 1024x768px
>>54583798
In both cases they say in the post that they've already spoken to the person in question regarding the issue.
Now, this is /tg/ so you can take that with a pinch of salt, but (at least at my FLGS) I get the impression that the Malifaux community is a little more socially adult than the average.
>>
>>54583798
I've given them tonnes of tips during and after games, but they keep making the exact same misplays time and time again.

>>54583848
There's a somewhat national group that tends to meet up at different LFGSs across the country and going there is always a blast, but it's often some 2~4 hours of travel and they often just stick to tournaments, which I'm not a huge fan of. It's something about this group that doesn't make for a very pleasant experience.
>>
Hey guys what are some good Neverborn beaters?
>>
>>54586060
You generally go for Nekima, or a Teddy or a Mature Nephilim for slightly less stones.
>>
>>54586558
Thanks
>>
>>54583558
>That crew
I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.
>>
>>54583769
I'm not sure honestly. It's weird but u feel like the think vibrant paint adds something. Like a cartoonishness.
>>
I have wanted to try a mounted guard and Yasunori in tangent, so I am trying something new.

50 SS Ten Thunders Crew
McCabe + 4 Pool
- Badge Of Speed (2)
- Glowing Saber (2)
- Promises (1)
Luna (4)
Yasunori (12)
- Recalled Training (1)
Mounted Guard (7)
Terracotta Warrior (5)
Ten Thunders Brother (5)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)

Any suggestions? I realize that I am tight on stones, and the terracotta warrior may be more incidental. I am thinking that I could replace the brother and the warrior with an enforcer and a low river monk if need be.
>>
>>54574768
Teach me how to Sandeep - just got into Malifaux and cannot deal with pesky Ressers and Neverborn
>>
>>54592255
>Play Sandeep
>Don't lose
>Win
That simple
>>
>>54592255
So Sandeep is a force multiplyer, he makes good models amazing, just use models like the captain and oxfordian mages to forget about taking names as they whoop asses
>>
File: Sandeep Valedictorian.jpg (351KB, 1500x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Sandeep Valedictorian.jpg
351KB, 1500x1188px
>>54587578
>>54587578
It's amazing how much better a little set-dressing can make a crew look.

>>54592255
If you just got into Malifaux, you gotta work on yo fundamentals - focus on scoring points, planning how to score those points, and watching your positioning for ranges/auras.
>>
>>54594447
It really makes the game a million times better when both sides have painted models with a theme that fits
>>
Any experience running Datsue-Ba with Seamus?
>>
File: Oiran Purple Fan.jpg (67KB, 700x702px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran Purple Fan.jpg
67KB, 700x702px
>>54597406
Not with Saemus, no, but a coupleof dudes near me run her a .lot. and she can be a real pain in the ass.
I can see her working with Saemus.
>>
Situation: have not played.
Have Lucius crew and M2e rule book. Buying starter set, Collette crew box, coryphees. Looking to play Lucius on the neverborn side.

What do? Wife is a very serious player with excellent math skills, wants to beat me like a rented mule.

Wife must have an all-female crew, coryphees count as female. She likes Colette, hence box purchase.

What should I get to help Lucius in this situation?
>>
File: Starter Set Medical Team.jpg (273KB, 2048x1778px) Image search: [Google]
Starter Set Medical Team.jpg
273KB, 2048x1778px
>>54602912
Doppelganger, Nekima or Nephilim, Corrupted Hounds.
Probably in that order.

Though to be fair, just adding the Starter Set models to each crew is probably fine for a while.
You have the luxury of taking the Neverborn inmates with Neverborn Lucius and the medical team with Guild Lucius - you have two full crews with just that one set.
>>
>>54603165
That's tripfags for ya.
>>
>>54603165
>>>/pol/

Go away, we're discussing wardollies
>>
File: 1484008692080.jpg (21KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484008692080.jpg
21KB, 640x960px
>>54603165
Why the fuck did someone attack the least active general on /tg/? Especially considering I don't think we've ever actually shit talked any other game (except maybe Warmahordes for their !Neverborn Faction). You'd think people would cast their b8 in more populous seas
>>
File: Reva Crew Dark.jpg (614KB, 1956x1970px) Image search: [Google]
Reva Crew Dark.jpg
614KB, 1956x1970px
Does Kirai get anything worthwhile out of Shieldbearers?

They have the Spirit keyword (eventually), but obviously teching too hard into the keywords is all too often a trap.

I picked them up fitlhy cheap of eBay, so I'm not exactly tied to using them, but I'd be interested to hear if they are used widely or viewed paarticularly positively outside of Reva.

>>54603165
Were you trying to start a new thread, tripfriend?
It looks like you may have mistakenly posted unrelated content in this game-focused General.
>>
>>54603447
So if you have a strong beater with pounce, you can use shield bash to push them for a nudge to activate pounce, add in their Not Today (0) and you've got a decent Tarpit that synergizes well to take out big threats
>>
File: Firestarter.jpg (294KB, 1010x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Firestarter.jpg
294KB, 1010x1750px
>>54603686
Yeah, they've got some decentabilities, and I've heard people swear by Shield Press (trigger, on failure still do 1 damage).

I was just wondering if there's any reason Kirai specifically would get more work out of them because they become Spirits, compared to similarly-costed Spirit models.
>>
>>54603447
The start off living so can trigger Ikyrio, are pretty tanky, can get fast Kirai when has to use a stone to summon. Very much a solid model in Kirai crew.
>>
File: Ressurectionists.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ressurectionists.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>54604007
I had forgotten
a) Malevolence only triggers of Living/Undead, and
b) Ikiryo costs a Stone every time you summon her.

Suddenly I feel like burning her down every time she popped up wasn't a waste of time after all - she can be fiddly and expensive to keep popping out, even if Kirai gets less stone-hungry later game.
>>
>>54604105
>Ikiryo costs a Stone every time you summon her.
Its a stone or a card, which makes it a lot less painful.
>>
How do I play Colette?

I picked up her box a couple of months ago, and I just keep getting crushed - everything except Cassandra and Colette dies as soon as anyone looks at it.
It's all very well saying "score your VP", but I need models with AP to do that.

At the moment I have the Colette and Ramos boxes, mostly been trying to make Showgirls box + Joss/Howard + a spider or two.

Ramos seems pretty straightforward, especially with opponents letting me proxy Swarms so I can have more individual spiders on the board, but I just can't seem to keep the Performers alive long enough to be useful.
>>
File: 2560x1440_M2E_crossroad7-1.jpg (117KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2560x1440_M2E_crossroad7-1.jpg
117KB, 1024x576px
Which non-gremlin masters do good with their fluffy crew (So lynch with darkened, perdita with family, schill with freikorps, etc.)? I know it can depend greatly on scheme and strat pool, but generally speaking.
>>
>>54604740
Kirai and spirits
Colette and showgirls
Marcus and beasts
>>
>>54604740
Most masters do pretty well with thier themed crews.
>>
>>54604543
>but I just can't seem to keep the Performers alive long enough to be useful.
Try working on you positioning. You should be about to keep them out of line of sight or in cover as you move then up the board.
>>
File: Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg (2MB, 4011x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg
2MB, 4011x1333px
>>54605554
Fair enough - I'll have to focus on it a bit harder.
Maybe I'm having too much fun with the Disappearing Act thing teleporting them all over the place, instead of proper cautious play.

It's the Guild that are giving me fits at the moment - dogs in my face and Ram Trigger moderate damage shooting removing models in one shot.

Also, anyone seen any good Colette crew paintjobs around?
This pic pops up a bunch, but otherwise they all seem pretty plain.
>>
>>54606032
Just get the Nightmare Colette set if you want something less plain.
>>
File: Colette Box Crew-showgirls-1.jpg (483KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Box Crew-showgirls-1.jpg
483KB, 1600x900px
>>54607017
Don't like it - bit too comical for my tastes.
And twice the price.
And I already have the Smoke and Mirrors box.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any more interesting paintjobs for the normal Showgirl crew.
>>
File: Dia de los Muertos Colette Crew.jpg (436KB, 3456x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Dia de los Muertos Colette Crew.jpg
436KB, 3456x1944px
>>54607017
>>54607259
Scratch that, found an incredible crew.
Surprisingly enough, just the same theme as >>54606032 executed differently.
>>
>>54607738
That is fantastic
>>
File: Dia de los Muertos Performers.jpg (320KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Dia de los Muertos Performers.jpg
320KB, 3456x2304px
>>54607884
Right?
It is bananas good.
>>
>>54607738
I wonder if the sombreros are green stuff.
>>
File: Dia de los Muertos Coryphee.jpg (324KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Dia de los Muertos Coryphee.jpg
324KB, 3456x2304px
>>54608817
I think they must be - I don't know else you'd do the pink and blue Mannequin's one.

The luchador masks slay me.

I think I'll bump this thread with the remainder of these pics I have for a while.
>>
>>54574768
The more I see this OP the more uncomfortable young cute Dita mades me.
>>
Anyone slightly annoyed that the game has a pay to win of sorts due to any model for faction being allowed in tourneys instead of having a predetermined model pool like other games with list building?
>>
>>54610567
What? Like any other miniature game you pay to get models you want, which in turn might get you a win. That is the nature of the hobby. Limiting crew building when it's such an integral part of the game would really hurt it.
>>
>>54610640
No I mean the constant advantage of someone who has brought all the models for the faction as opposed to someone who say... owns half a faction.
>>
>>54610683
Much like the advantage of someone having two crewboxes vs one. More things will give you more options, nothing you can do about that, though if you optimize your purchases and critically look at the models offered you can get away with needing less than half of any faction's units.
>>
>>54610567
>>54610683
Nope. Diminishing returns. And if someone's good enough to know all the models in a faction well enough to include them instead of more common options he's experience with and get actual advantage that way, he's probably good enough to fuck me up anyway.
>>
File: Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg (55KB, 960x373px) Image search: [Google]
Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg
55KB, 960x373px
>>54610567
I tihkn the only gating ebhind money Wyrd does is the cards - either in the rulebooks, or boxes, or faction decks.

If you want to complain about physical models, then it's barely any different to any other game.

Your point about someone being able to bring more models to a game is somewhat valid, but is basically the same as someone being willing to pay for a Warhound.

>if you optimize your purchases and critically look at the models offered you can get away with needing less
As >>54610759 says, do your research and think properly and you don't need to bring sixty models.

Hell, there are a bunch of Masters that you can probably bring the same 35ss to every game, seasoned to taste by a big beater or pair of scheme runners etc.
For that, you'd need to buy three or four boxes.
Pic Related with an Emissary and a few bits and pieces can do that.

It's almost a mark of the top-rank players that they often play almost-fixed lists, because once you can cover most requirements of a scenario, how well you know and use the models is significantly more important than how OP shit is.
>>
>>54610471
Agreed.

What is the giant bunny supposed to be? Howard?
>>
>>54610567
I could swore that most to tournaments had you being a pool lot models to hire crews from.
>>
File: Genbu the Tortoise.jpg (120KB, 824x968px) Image search: [Google]
Genbu the Tortoise.jpg
120KB, 824x968px
>>54611100
Twisted Alt of the Blessed of December, I believe.

Genbu the Tortoise is his opposite number in the box as Izamu the Armour.

I think the Arcanists got a bum deal.
>>
>>54574768
werent there supposed to be some errata balance thing right now ?
>>
>>54611176
That is epic.

I think I'd honestly have wanted then both for alt Teddy, even if I don't run neverborn.
>>
So, how does Collodi work in 2nd? He seems nothing like his 2st ed self.

Do you just have a swarm of 3-4ss significant models and play for schemes?
>>
>>54612254
You also have a kill ball of super awesome puppets
>>
>>54612254
>>54612488
Looking at it now, it makes more sense. Hard to kill models+ heals from carrion and brutal effigy makes them a lot more survivable.

I was basically missing what the effigies add to the crew for cheap.
>>
File: Colette and poster.jpg (58KB, 474x707px) Image search: [Google]
Colette and poster.jpg
58KB, 474x707px
>>54612601
>I was basically missing what the effigies add to the crew for cheap.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeverything.
The Effigy Collodi list is fucking irritating as all fuck to play against.

>>54611557
Genbu is just a dope as fuck model.
I don't like Luther's cartoony look, but for a non-grimdark model devoid of context he looks pretty cool.

Posting Colette in a Colette thread, since it's obviously not a hotDita thread anymore.
>>
>>54613382
>Those fishnets
Me guasta

They're both pretty cartoon. I think I might still pick up the box when I get a chance.

What list would want 3 teddies though? Zorida?
>>
What is a good brand of glow-in-the-dark paint? I want to use it paint my Will-o-Whisps and my Lynch crew
>>
>>54614107
I just buy luminescent powder from e2046 (Better sources may exist) and mix it in with paint.
>>
File: Colette Skullface.jpg (161KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Skullface.jpg
161KB, 1536x2304px
>>54613775
Now that I'm looking there are a good number of really well done fishnet-clad Colettes.

I thinkZoraida with Hexed Among You and Serena Bowman with her Warped Reality(?) ability would be fun - three Teddies and three Waldegeists deployed on your doorstep is lined up for the swingiest game ever.
>>
File: Dia de los Muertos Cassandra.jpg (167KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Dia de los Muertos Cassandra.jpg
167KB, 1536x2304px
Who is a good fourth to add to a Last Stand squad consisting of Cassandra, Angelica and bigman Carlos Vasquez?

I've previously done it with a trio of Mages instead of Carlos, but I've just picked him up and want to get table time with him.
>>
Newb question but what would people say are auto includes for a Dreamer List?
>>
>>54618443
I don't think I could fit 3 teddies at that point done with Serena that's already 43ss iirc.

Although looking at her card, I just saw that her heal can remove conditions...

It's a goofy list but:
Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Zoraida -- 4 Pool
+Hex Bag [1]

Nurse [6]
Teddy [11]
Teddy [11]
+Warped reality [1]
Teddy [11]
+Warped reality [1]
Serena Bowman [7]
+Warped reality [1]

Basic plan is that Serena and two teddies deploy upfield. The nurse gives the they'd teddy +2 walk, Zorida shoots it up to 19" upfield, Serena removes it's only walk condition when it gets upfield.

Enemy crew has to deal with 3 teddies and Serena turn 1. Game to probably decided by the end of 2.

I kind of really want to play this list now. Like a Malifaux equivalent of red deck wins.
>>
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129256-monday-preview-july-31st/
>>
File: Monday Preview Gatreaux Bokor.jpg (62KB, 509x750px) Image search: [Google]
Monday Preview Gatreaux Bokor.jpg
62KB, 509x750px
>>54621967
That's pretty horrible bro.
Still, would make a nice change from the two- or three-hour games I'm used to if everything is resolved in the first half-hour.

>>54623609
Maybe because it's non-human, but that's the best piece of art to come out of this wave so far.
I look forward to it getting a translucent release.
And also the spirit being molded in eight parts, each with a different part of the legs moulded onto it.
>>
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/129265-july-2017-errata/

Welp, errata time.

The Mechanical Rider's summon increased its TN by 2 (making it less likely to top deck), and its Arcane Ritual Trigger is significantly changed. It now places a single Scheme Marker within 1" of the target, but can position it further away for each additional Tome. It is no longer limited to once per Turn.
>The Mechanical Rider has been a standout model for awhile now. The increase in TN for summoning will make it more likely to require resources without stopping it from this function, and the Trigger change will make it less skilled at Schemes while still being quite good at them. This is a knock, but not one that fundamentally changes how this model plays.
Wind Gamin no longer bury when killed. Now, if they die, they can push a model 5".
>Wind Gamin are a powerful 4ss model, and the point of this change was to be sure they died, thereby functioning within the normal confines of the game.
Practiced Production now prevents you from placing Scheme Markers near non-Peon, non-Insignificant enemy models.
>This should help with some of the stronger combinations with models like the Malifaux Raptors by requiring models that could score to begin with, thus controlling this powerful Upgrade.
Stuffed Piglets are now 3 Soulstones to hire.
>There have been complaints for a long time now about cheap Activations in the form of Stuffed Piglets. By making them cost 3, it limits this ability without impacting their gameplay for those that like them as they are.
>>
>>54624180

I'm okay with those.
>>
>>54624180
>Stuffed piglet
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

well, RIP
>>
>>54624180
>Stuffed Piglets are now worthless
Ftfy
>>
>>54623898
>That's pretty horrible bro
Terrible like a fox.
>>
>>54623898
I really like the Bokor model.
The rules seem kinda meh though.
>>
>>54624227
>>54624811
I think I'd be alright with it, if the Pigapult dropped in price dramatically. It was already pretty unusable, but now it's 12 ss, if you want to fire it for a single turn.
>>
File: MechanicalRider.jpg (277KB, 1600x1495px) Image search: [Google]
MechanicalRider.jpg
277KB, 1600x1495px
>>54624180
>Mech Rider
I thought people had got over the Mech Rider?
Isn't TN:10+ss the 'standard' sumoning cost?
It doesn't summon that much, and it's a very tight pool, so needing an 8 seems a bit rich.

Perhaps they're just generally clamping down of near-free activation shite.

Not that I play with (or own) her, so it's no great shake for me, just pushes her a little further down the buy queue priority.

>Wind Gamin now die.
I'm in favour of that - absolutely necessary.
Making it require LoS is a pretty big hit though - as Leaping scheme runners, that's a serious limitation on when you are actually going to get it.

>Practiced Production
Probably also needed, though as a Colette player I feel like it just cements Sandeep as a better (or equal) schemer.
Frees up Cassandra/Angelica to activate earlier in the early turns though, which is nice.

>Stuffed Piglets
I think Gremlins are right to be upset with that.
Called out as lazy as fuck in the forum thread, and I agree.

>>54624859
>I think I'd be alright with it, if the Pigapult dropped in price dramatically.
Have you played a lot against a Pigapult?
As much as I think the 3ss Stuffed Piglet is a bum deal, the Pigapult is some raw bullshit.
>>
>>54625545
>Isn't TN:10+ss the 'standard' summoning cost?
For masters. Yeah.
I think it's mostly because of the built in suit, which makes it a lot less card intensive.
>>
>>54625545
>the Pigapult is some raw bullshit.
Honestly if they dropped the fling part, which is is the only reason to bring it, it should be on the same point level as austringers or less.

Lenny can do a similar movement shenanigans, 10" + 2+ walks vs 24" and paralyze, for a point more on top of being a huge support piece and decent beatstick.
>>
File: Wong Art.png (80KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
Wong Art.png
80KB, 300x283px
>>54624859
12ss?
Has it been errata'd at some point? Reads 8ss in my PDF, plus 3/6ss.

And even if it costs a whole 3ss to take 3 24" Sh6 3/5b/7b shots Turn1/2, you can still chuck scheme runners halfway across the fucking world with impunity.

We're just going to have to deal with more bullshit chaff popping up in the endzone.
No-one looks forward to that.
>>
>>54625688
>Has it been errata'd at some point?
Either it did, or I'm miss remembering. I could have swore it was 9.
>>
File: Lucius Box Crew.jpg (760KB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Box Crew.jpg
760KB, 4208x3120px
>>54625545
>>54625597
What else in the game has a limited summoning pool?

Ramos gets multiple Spiders per summon.
Taxidermists admittedly need a 9 to get a 2ss model, but can summon from a trigger.
Dashel's 0ss upgrade is Ca6 vs Df, easy, though arguably less valuable that a Stuffed Piglet.
>>
>>54626169
Toshiro, widow weaver, Sebastian, and I believe Rusty Alice all have limited summons and I'm pretty sure all have a higher card requirements than the master standard of SS cost+4
>>
>>54626419
>>54626169
Whatever Kria's henchmen is too.
Quite a few ressers if you count Mindless Zombies.

For masters, there's a ton that summon things, even if it's just their totem.
>>
>>54626169
Karina
>>
>>54626510
>Quite a few ressers if you count Mindless Zombies
Rats, Rat kings and Rat Catchers all summon too, sorta.

Pretty sure aboms too, irrc.
>>
File: Metal Gamin - Sandeep.jpg (263KB, 1500x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gamin - Sandeep.jpg
263KB, 1500x1012px
>>54626419
>>54626510
>>54626516
Well, I'll concede the point that the Mech Rider has it pretty easy as a summoner then.
As I say, I have no experience with her, but what she can summon just doesn't seem that great.

At least it's not Guild Guard.
>>
Random Grimoire idea for TTB: the spirit of the character's deceased sibling.
>>
>>54624180
Wew that thread exploded into a very one note discussion quick.

So, is the piglet nerf justified?
>>
>>54627760
Can intangible things be grimoires?
>>
>>54627861
a nerf probably would've been ok, but the flat point increase is both lazy and extremely garbage.
>>
>>54627861
I don't think so, at least not warranting a 50% price increase. I would have made the model less useful, or limit the number you can hire.
>>
>>54627955

People were taking it almost solely for activation control. They come in boxes of 4, which is already the quantity most people were taking in every list.
>>
>>54627991
It's activation control in Gremlins. You were already getting out activated.
>>
File: Gremlins OP.jpg (43KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins OP.jpg
43KB, 800x484px
>>54627861
>>54627955
>>54627905
>a nerf probably would've been ok, but the flat point increase is both lazy and extremely garbage.
I'm still undecided.
On the one hand, now people will only take them if they have a role in mind - good.
On the other hand, there is no way they are worth 3ss, so they will now never see play besides ammo or Wong blast targets.
In both cases, you reduce them to nothing more than counters to push around the board.

Rare 2, bumped by hiring Taxidermists, and may to must Bacon Bomb, probably would have crippled them as units less.
>>
>>54627905
Believe it or not, their errata went through the most interations in the playtesting.
>>
>>54628027

Yes, but 4 activations for 8ss is pretty nuts. That's half the average opposing list's entire number of activations for a fraction of the cost.

Anything that people will take 4+ of in every list deserves looking at.
>>
>>54628027
It was even cheaper activation control for gremlins. Rats hurt the game, pigs hurt the game. Waiting 'til your opponent is done spamming chaff activations makes for a very dull game. It's bad enough that it's tied to a master, giving it to an entire faction is just too much.
>>
>>54628037
>Wong blast targets
I think I'd take gremlins first. They might not get a blast when they die, but they're significant.

>>54628049
>their errata went through the most interations in the playtesting.
I'm not sure what you're saying. That they play-tested the errata and decided it was fine?
>>
>>54628037
at this point, I'm just not sure why you wouldn't just bother not taking them or actually just getting a bayou gremlin who is still one of the best scheme runners in the game.
>>
>>54628071
I haven't seen any gremlin players take them. So by your logic they're bad and need to be boosted instead of nerfed.

>>54628084
>It was even cheaper activation control for gremlins.
I coulda swore that that was 100% of the reason people were complaining.
>>
>>54628071
>Yes, but 4 activations for 8ss is pretty nuts.
Meh. It's 4 insignificant models for 8, or three of the best cheap scheme runners for 9. It's not really that huge a game changer.
>>
>>54628154

It just means your sample size is too small.
>>
>>54628115
>I'm not sure what you're saying. That they play-tested the errata and decided it was fine?
As in the they had the most potential rule changes tried out over the course of the testing.
>>
>>54628251
Or your sample size is too small.

If you have a link to a large number of gremlin tournament players crews, ideally along with their ranking, I'd be happy to see it.
>>
>>54628372
>Most
How can you have most, of an infinite number of potential rule changes?

Or are you saying they came up with a list of changes and play tested most of them, meaning they didn't play test some at all before implementing them.
>>
>>54628461

Are you being deliberately obtuse? He's saying that the Stuffed Piglet had more iterations of playtesting than anything else in this batch. They didn't just go "eh, raise the price. done", they extensively tested out many solutions.
>>
>>54628461
Of the models that got errata in this round, the stuffed pigs had the most different rule changes tried out during the beta testing.
>>
>>54628372
>they
>>54628049
>their

>>54628565
Not being obtuse. I just didn't bet that by their you meant the stuffed piglet's errata. Not Wyrd's errata.
>>
File: Raptors.jpg (142KB, 799x960px) Image search: [Google]
Raptors.jpg
142KB, 799x960px
At least all this saves me having to buy a Raptor box.

>>54628372
>>54628115
>>their errata went through the most interations in the playtesting.
>As in the they had the most potential rule changes tried out over the course of the testing.
I don't doubt that they investigated many avenues, but I have doubts about their methodology and sample size given what they came up with.
Having said that, I don't think this is the end of the world like some of the forumbabiyes are saying.
Gremlins from the Bayou will have to fill their crew with Bayou Gremlins rather than zombie bomb pigs?
Blasphemy!

>>54628461
It's pretty clear.
For each 'problem' unit, they had a list of potential fixes.
The Stuffed Piglets had a longer list of (seriously considered) fixes to be investigated than the others, and consequently had a greater number of rules variants tested.
>>
>>54628663
You're definitely being obtuse. This just answered the question on whether it was deliberate.
>>
File: Burt Jebsen done.jpg (54KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
Burt Jebsen done.jpg
54KB, 800x768px
>>54628115
>>54628152
>>54628213
>I'm just not sure why you wouldn't... getting a bayou gremlin who is still one of the best scheme runners in the game.
>I think I'd take gremlins first. They might not get a blast when they die, but they're significant.
>It's 4 insignificant models for 8, or three of the best cheap scheme runners for 9.

I'm simultaneously glad and disappointed they didnt' do something about Reckless, or maybe make some sort of statement about it.

I know it's probably going to be some dramatic thing where a bunch of Gremlin players flounce out of the forums and off to play another game forever after being so brutally betrayed, but I think the wild and catty speculation might be controlled a little by the designteam acknowledging one way or the other the balance questionsaround Reckless.

Perhaps it's in the winter errata.
Hopefully they don't go off half-cocked on that.
>>
>>54628673
>Bayou Gremlins
Yeah. It would be pretty cool for it to be the defacto staple model, but since people were complaining about pigs being a "4 of in every list" I'm worried Bayou Gremlins might see a nerf, or a point jump too.

>>54628720
I'm sorry if I offended you. It wasn't my intention to be obtuse.
>>
File: Bayou Gremlins.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bayou Gremlins.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>54628796
To be honest, I think they could handle it, but they probably don't need it.

At the point where Bayou Gremlins specifically are using their Drunk and Reckless for significant (non-capital S) AP, the 2Wd cost genuinely puts them at risk if you are doing a proper job of pressuring their crew.
Turn 1 (and 2ish) the third AP just makes them quick, not broken.
After that, yes they can Claim Jump in one activation, but they also die to a sneeze after going Reckless, and should be killable/counterable before they can be healed.

I fall solidly on the side of the whiners when it comes to the more dangerous Reckless Gremlins though - Burt, Masters, Swinecursed etc.
At that point the extra shot/punch/charge set-up is beefy, .and. it is typically less costly than the 3ss Bayou's.

As I see it 3ss is an acceptable minimum for a significant activation, provided it is exptremely fragile.
>>
>>54624180
Hoooly shit that tit with the Gracie avatar is an irritating intentionally obtuse tit.
>>
Does anyone still have the stats/card for the Graverobber? I didn't get to see the playtest doc.
>>
File: Malifaux W5 6.7.17.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux W5 6.7.17.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>54629273
>>
>>54629315

Oh wow, thanks much!
>>
What do you guys think of the other Ressers models besides the Gravedigger? The undead cavalry looks really good, and Asura seems solid. The others feel a little gimmicky.
>>
So we're doing a slow grow campaign tomorro and decided for week one I'd go

>Tiania
-the queens champion (2)
-the forest claims all (1)

>Lilitu (7)

>Lelu (7)
-satisfying punishment (0)

>The Thorn (7)

>24SS Cache:6

What do you think?
>>
>>54630051
My bad
>The Tooth

Not Thorn
>>
>>54624180
So Mech Rider can hit a model 50mm-base from 8" away with two Tomes in the duel and throw a scheme marker an effective 14.2"?
Twice?
Boss.

What does it summon?
Ramos Spiders and Metal Gamin and...
Does it get the Wave 5 medibot?
>>
File: Lelu and Lilitu.jpg (144KB, 1600x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Lelu and Lilitu.jpg
144KB, 1600x1015px
>>54630051
Should do just fine.
Out of interest, why Lelu rather than another Knight?

People seem to rate Lelu low, but I've never played with/against, so I don'treally know how he actually fares on the table.
>>
>>54630849
Lelu grants both him and Lilitu pounce
>>
>>54631124
Which is abused by the Thorn to generate free attacks
>>
>>54631124
>>54631165
Oh noice.
Crack on then son.
>>
>>54630051

Are you certain you can use Titania? Standard play disallows Masters at 25ss and would have a Henchman run the list instead. Just something worth confirming.
>>
>>54631257
It's 26SS game using 24 on models/ upgrades
>>
>>54631655

Masters don't become "legal" until like 30ss. If your league says otherwise that's cool, I'm just saying make sure Titania will be allowed if you don't already know for a fact she will.
>>
I wanted to get into Lynch, and focus on putting out damage in case McCabe and Shenlong don't cut the mustard. Here is what I am planning to start with, but I have no idea if I am using the right upgrades and models. I generally plan to have the Illuminated on the front lines, the Samurai fishing for aces, and the Warrior immortalizing huggy and swapping upgrades if need be.

Jakob Lynch + 5 Pool
- Expert Cheater (2)
- Endless Hunger (2)
- Woke Up With A Hand (2)
Hungering Darkness (0)
- Addict (1)
Samurai (8)
- Favor Of Jigoku (0)
The Illuminated (7)
The Illuminated (7)
The Illuminated (7)
Ten Thunders Brother (5)
Terracotta Warrior (5)

Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
>>54630009
Bone pile seems like a solid minion. The improved version of armor seems cool.

Lampad seems like it's cool for spirit crews.
>>
File: Rapid Growth 2015.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Rapid Growth 2015.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>54631822
Straight from Wyrds web site
>>
>>54632100

Cool, rock on then.
>>
>>54632124
Also you're a fucking retard, a Dustup is 26-40SS, which is led by a master or henchmen, so if you're going to fact check someone, don't be full of shit
>>
>>54631944

I'm just not quite sure what Bone Pile will be doing in actual play.
>>
>>54632240
Doesn't stand out a lot. But it seems like it might be a good I'm at Nico toolbox, if you know when to use it.

It has corpse interaction too, so maybe something with Reva.
>>
GG 2018 when ?
>>
>>54635367
Open playtest after Gencon.
>>
>>54630009
Little Gasser actually looks pretty solid. 4 points for a pretty tough scheme runner. Bring able to guarantee poison is nice for models like dogs/rafkin/shikome. The pull my finger is pretty good pulse damage for a cheap model.

The counting as bring killed by poison is pretty nice for getting dogs with McMourning, or when you're pretty sure they've got frame for murder on a model.

If all you have is a 8 crow, it's a definite contender for Nico summoning.

>>54635239
I'm thinking you take the bone pile to get significant models down field fast via give up the ghost.

First one that springs to mind is a vulture dragging a corpse 20" upfield.
>>
File: Brokelen Promises.jpg (62KB, 517x665px) Image search: [Google]
Brokelen Promises.jpg
62KB, 517x665px
>>54632240
Tough significant minion.
Good for holding points.

>>54635914
>Little Gasser actually looks pretty solid.
I can see it being annoying as piss to play against.
Yay.

>>54635367
>>54635389
>GG18 beta soon
I am excited to see what they've done to balance the various raised problems.
>>
>starting Malifaux
>playing against wife
>no other players locally but love the setting
>she likes Colette
>wants to run all-female crews
>I already have Lucius crew and M2e rulebook
>order for his and hers
>hers: Colette crew, Coryphees, December Acolytes
>his: Graves, Tannen, Changelings
>ours: starter set

Did I do the right thing?
>>
>>54631935
Expert Cheater is a trap, three Illuminated are far too reliant on Brilliance while lacking ways of spreading it around, the Samurai's ace fishing isn't as important if you don't have models that can make use out of discarding them, and you're missing a push piece.

Jakob Lynch + 3(2?) SS Cache
-Rising Sun
-Woke Up With A Hand
-Addict
Huggy
-Recalled Training(?)
Sensei Yu+Wandering River
Lone Swordsman
-Recalled Training
Illuminated
Illuminated
TTB
Low River Monk

And with that you have a very hard hitting crew with enough pushes to get any piece wherever you want, while mulliganning twice a turn and with a LS that is able to run at its maximum potential without needing an enemy tagged with Brilliance.
>>
>>54637877
>all female crews
Every fucking time.
>>
>>54638452
Thanks for your input! You're so much more insightful and supportive than a female player would be :^)
>>
>>54638481
Happy to help man.
>>
>>54637877
Well if you guys enjoy it then yes, what other people care anout if you two are happy is irrelevant. If you can get people you know from your local store into the game as well all the better, as that expands your opportunities to play and have a good time with people. As for you selections they seem pretty good, I have no lucius experience but Doppleganger is always amazing if you can find one anywhere that isn't artificially inflated to hell
>>
>>54637877
Sounds good. Glad you wife likes the game.

Never managed to have a nerd gf.
>>
>>54638452
Nothing wrong with it. Some people want Charlie's Angels/Fox Force Five some crews. I've seriously thought about making a green stuff bra and wig for Killjoy so he fit the Vik's crew better.

Malifaux is one of the few games where there's a ton of female models.
>>
>>54638429
Thanks for the suggestions anon. I can see where I went wrong, and I will give that list or a derivative a shot.
>>
Non-player here with questions

I've read a lot on pullMyFinger, and it doesn't honestly look like the factions have anything to do with each other. Every Master uses completely different models for their respective 'crew', most of which just come in a starter kit.

Is it better to just pick whichever masters you like and buy models based around them, instead of trying to complete a whole faction?
>>
>>54641916
Play TT. 70% of your list will be staples, the other 30% either thematic units or more staples.
>>
>>54640325
Nothing wrong with female models, but every time a wife/gf is involved by their spouse they seem to insist on having overly girly or all-female crews as if to compensate for the boyish nature of the hobby in some grand display of femininity.
>>
>>54641916
Some masters have significant overlap and some don't. They're are also some models that are good enough at their job that they fit into most leader's lists.

Matters like Nico, McMourning and Seamus have a lot of overlap. Masters like Ramos and Marcus have very little.

Is definitely pick a master and start collecting for them. If you want another matter later and find you've got models you can use for both, that's cool. With dual faction masters and ones that have the ability to pull from other factions, you have a pretty good chance of having some overlap. Nurses for example are a Resser model thats huge in Zorida lists.
>>
>>54642124
I think it is sorta like the all girls play Nids trope for 40k.

I can understand wanting a feminine display on a traditionally masculine hobby. At the risk of sounding sexist, I think it's more about wanting to have pretty models with fluffy dresses. I mean at the end if the day we're all just adults playing with dollies. It's not that weird for men to want action figures and girls to want Barbies.
>>
>>54642144
Thanks. So with this in mind, is there a list of recommended masters for starter players?
>>
>>54642630
Most of the combat heavy masters are pretty straight forward. Scheme oriented matters tend to be more complex. But you're probably best off going for a matter that you like most, as opposed to one that's "easier"
>>
File: Dia de los Muertos Angelica.jpg (160KB, 1536x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Dia de los Muertos Angelica.jpg
160KB, 1536x2304px
>>54637877
You might want another hittier model in there - one of the big robutts or Francisco or something.
Or Guild Riflemen.
Without good copycat targets, the Mimics and Doppelgangers are less ridiculous than they could be.

>>54638452
>>54642124
For miniature games, it's a nice change to have good female models that aren't fully pornmode.
And playing with toys you identify with is normal - girls and boys play with wardollies, but it's no surprise that girls' dollies are dollier.
I think it's an identification thing, rather than a push-back thing.

>>54641075
Nah, give your original plan a go first, just to see how it works for you.
Try the other one too, but don't be a netlister, find your own groove.
>>
File: Colette Avatar of Deception.jpg (146KB, 446x957px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Avatar of Deception.jpg
146KB, 446x957px
>>54642630
>>54642662
There are a couple to avoid because they are very complex, a couple that are not too complex but are mostly good at stuff that only 'feels' powerful when you already understand the game, a couple that require a large initial investment, and a couple that are just not very good.

I'll stick up a guess list as I understand it in a moment.
>>
>>54642833
How are Lucius and Collodi for beginners?
>>
>>54642898
Terrible, they are both control masters. You'll want to wait until you can play fast before you pick them up
>>
File: Collodi Crew.jpg (92KB, 1024x408px) Image search: [Google]
Collodi Crew.jpg
92KB, 1024x408px
>>54642898
Should be fine.

Lucius nudges into teh "only good when you understand why he's good" realm.
Typically you expect a Master's AP to be doing big, flashy, effective, game-state-changing things.
He is distributing his own AP to weak Minion models, but in doing so he is able to spread some his influence over a far greater swath of the board than most Masters - so he might seem a little underwhelming, but thanks to him his crew will function better than it has any right to.

Collodi does a sort of similar thing, but in a much tighter bubble, and with more 'hands-on' control.
I haven't played my local Collodi player in a year, so don't actually know all that much about Collodi except that he likes his crew bubble pretty small and he leans into hsi theme pretty hard.

And both of them look fucking boss.
>>
File: performerx2.jpg (352KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
performerx2.jpg
352KB, 1600x900px
>>54642898
>>54642928
I learned with Colette, also a support/AP-distributing Master, playing almost pure Showgirls for the first four months.

Teaches good fundamentals, because you have to remember positioning and point-scoring if you can't just run around hitting things.
>>
>>54643028
Collette is much more forgiving in regards to positioning though. She's super hard to kill and practiced production (used to) trivialize most schemes
>>
>>54643143
Collete is probably the easiest of the support heavy masters.

Still, playing support heavy for your first crew is a good intro to the game, in my experience. But I like a steep learning curve.
>>
How is the wave 5 gremlin stuff looking? Getting back in after a little break and never got the chance to really look into the play test stuff.
>>
>>54643912
Pretty fucking shitty to be honest. The playtest stuff is here. >>54629315

Pretty much nothing past "meh" tier. Pretty much everyone got at least some cool stuff, and gremlins got the shaft.
>>
File: Johan Henry.jpg (37KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Johan Henry.jpg
37KB, 360x480px
>>54643143
>>54643758
>>54643143
True, I guess, but to me it looks like Lucius' Prompt-style shit is just flat better than Colette's.
She's better with the teleports and scheme markers and Doves, yes, but Lucius' Command seems to have so much more utility.

>>54643949
This Wave has felt pretty lacklustre as far as I'm concerned, as an Arcanist.
Perhaps I'm not engaging autistic mode sufficiently with the rules, but none of the models excite me.

The Divergent Paths Werewolf Man could have been cool, but he looks more like ok.

John Henry looked cool until I saw the art, and now he's just black Kratos.

Sandeeps Henchman (because he needed a buff) is either going to be top-grade bullshit or closed-playtest-nerfed into the ground.
>>
>>54644489
>The Divergent Paths Werewolf Man could have been cool, but he looks more like ok.
I think he looks pretty swank, from what I remember. I might be remembering, but it looked like a model that can be a beater, or a utility model, and has pseudo regen 8, if it gets close to dying.

>black Kratos
That does sound disappointing.
>>
File: hired swords painted.jpg (91KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
hired swords painted.jpg
91KB, 1000x535px
>>54644537
>Ferdinand Vogel
From the last iteration of open playtests, apparently he was very easy to burn down in a couple of activations, so easy to attack him to forcibly disrupt your order.
Nice art/pose though.

>Kratos Henry
The model just ruined it.
All the statues look like a strong, stoic big guy, while the art makes him looks like a berserker except black and hairless.
No chill, as I believe the kids would say.
>>
>>54644617
I might not be the best a malifaux, but if the opponent spends 1-2 actions that you can immediately undo be changing up your activation order, that seems like a pretty big net win.

Vogels Push+heal+obey seems pretty huge swank, if nothing else. And the beast is a pretty solid beater for 8ss.

Medbot looks fun.

I honestly hope that Kratos Henry gets a Relic Hammer at some point in the fluff and upgraded to master.

>stoic
Thats honestly a reason I like a lot of the older metal models. Their poses were more subdued, instead of fairly over the top action poses.
>>
File: DivergentPathsMan.jpg (192KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
DivergentPathsMan.jpg
192KB, 500x453px
>>54644873
>if the opponent spends 1-2 actions that you can immediately undo be changing up your activation order, that seems like a pretty big net win.

It can be difficult if they force a lose-lose end/start of turn situation where you must activate him to transform and heal or lose him, but doing so prevents you from actually taking the initiative elsewhere on the board.
As I understand the complaints from those that playtested him, he's just too squishy to be the beater you want/need to use him as.
Vogels Push+heal+obey seems pretty huge swank, if nothing else.
Perhaps you are right to focus on the mobility/control aspects of how you can use him, rather than as a normal brawler.
>>
>>54645040
>rather than as a normal brawler.
I think that might be best. Have him be a utility model that can switch into a brawler in a pinch.
>>
I'm curious to see if the new Guild necromancer dude means the Death Marshals are delving more into fighting fire with fire.
>>
>>54645161
Seems that way.

I'm wondering what undead model people are most likely to take. Belles maybe?
>>
File: McMourning Dissection Lecture.jpg (61KB, 600x670px) Image search: [Google]
McMourning Dissection Lecture.jpg
61KB, 600x670px
>>54645161
>>54645240
It would be interesting if Doug got more than just another secret sidekick, but his own equivalent to Lady J's Marshalls.

And I think you'd be mad not to take Blles - controlling the enemy's mobility is as close to proper mobility Guild get.
>>
>>54642124

Meh. My GF runs a lot of fem models in Malifaux because fem models in 40k were rare and fugly.
>>
>>54645040
I just noticed he's a mimic, and a minion alright he becomes an enforcer when he transforms.

Unless something changes it seems like he was made for Lucius.
>>
File: Whiskey Golem.jpg (227KB, 900x773px) Image search: [Google]
Whiskey Golem.jpg
227KB, 900x773px
>>54645701
>Unless something changes it seems like he was made for Lucius.
Oh absolutely, he's a Marcus and Lucius joint, no doubt.
Useful for Colette in the usual way a good hitter is, but it's pretty clear his focus is the Mimic/Beast line.

Any Gremlin players in?
Thoughts on the Wave 5 Tri-Chi gribbly?
>>
>>54645866
Seemed kinda meh, to me, but I don't play tri-chi enough to know how exactly it'll interact.

I just hope the model is true to myth, and has giant balls.
>>
>>54642694
Yeah a doppelgänger is high priority for me but I'm having issues locating one. I was under the impression that Graves was fairly hitty. I'm trying to play Lucius on the neverborn side: not interested in constructs but happy to consider anything else that might give me some punch. At the same time, not looking to annihilate the wife, just give her a challenge. Any suggestions?
>>
>>54645866
It's garbage. But then again, garbage is a bit of a running theme in tri-chi and I'm not expecting anything else at this point.
>>
Got Brewmaster as my very first crew. Am I fucked?
>>
>>54647360
He's one of the most fun masters in the game. He's also one of the worst masters in the game. Not unplayable, but you're definitely facing an up hill battle most of the time. If you're better than your opponent you'll still win with him, but he's going to require some insight to really make him work.

Are you playing him 10T or Gremlin?
>>
>>54647563
Gremlin
>>
>>54647802
Woo boy.
>>
File: Jaakuna Ubume.jpg (77KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jaakuna Ubume.jpg
77KB, 720x960px
>>54647802
Terrible choice, my friend, terrible, terrible choice.
For tourneyfags.

He's good fun, as >>54647563 said.

I'd strongly advise just grabbing the models that look good to you and getting a bit of table time before yous tart digging hard into the meta of it all.
Obvious next point of call is another Master box, as far as expanding - probably Somer or Ophelia, maybe Wong.
Gives you enough models for a complete crew using a similar set of models with different Masters, playing completely differently.
>>
>>54647976
My first foray into this game is a local tournament with my brother-in-law.
Guess I'm fucked after all
>>
Does Ressers not seem to have as much tourney representation as you'd expect from a "good" faction because of the necessity of purchasing a big chunk of the faction for summoning?
>>
>>54648474
Oh diving in headfirst into the tournament scene will leave you fucked whatever master you pick. I'd really recommend getting comfortable with your crew and the game in general first. Some 2-4 games facing some 20-odd different models will be incredibly hard to wrap your head around when you're still dealing with your own.
>>
>>54644489
Is Henry useful on the table? I personally don't care about the model too much, but if he provides as much utility for Mei Feng as the Porkchop did then I will be as happy as a pig in shit.
>>
>>54648605
This is a good rule of thumb, trying to figure out a meta and the game itself can be maddening.
>>
File: Wave 5 6.20.17.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wave 5 6.20.17.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>54629315
You want a more up to date one?
>>
So I've just heard of Malifaux and its mishmashing of themes sounds great. How wallet-friendly is it to a newcomer? How rules-friendly is it to a tabletop miniature newbie?
>>
>>54653126

Very wallet-friendly. It's a low model count game, and most of the starting crew boxes are solid beginner picks and get you close to the highest normally-played point level.

Rules-wise I think it has some stumbling points for newcomers, but overall I think the ruleset is pretty streamlined and light. The hardest part is wrapping your head around the "proper" way to win matches rather than just pushing all your models into the center and duking it out.
>>
>>54653217
Cool. Is there any recommended stuff I should read first as a new player? Any advice for stuff to do or not to do?
>>
>>54653359

At least skimming through the core rules is a good idea. I think they're available free on Wyrd's site? It's been quite some time.

-Do you have any other players that can help teach you, or are you on your own?

-Are there any factions that interest you? Particular Masters? The game is small enough and there's enough crossover hiring that either is a viable way to collect and play.
>>
>>54653359
Only real advice is that unless you are making a game winning move, the move is trash.

Secondly, don't keep the black joker between turns to make your deck failure proof. The math on it is bad.
>>
>>54653408
I think I'm on my own. I'm in a small country and the tabletop scene here is heavily Warhammer and Star Wars. As much as I'd like to find people to play, I suspect I'll end up getting two starters and forcing a friend to entertain me.

>>54653422
I haven't started on my research, so I don't know the basic game rules. I'll keep that in mind, thanks!
>>
>>54653408
Oops, and stuff that interests me: Perdita, Seamus, Dreamer and Chompy, Mei Feng and Asami seem cool.
>>
>>54653489

https://www.wyrd-games.net/malifaux

If you haven't looked here yet, the faction and master pages talk some about playstyles and unique qualities. You may find it informative.
>>
File: Shenlong B&W & Blue (1).jpg (21KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Shenlong B&W & Blue (1).jpg
21KB, 720x960px
>>54648567
Among the peasantry, probably.
Of the malifaux-rankings uk top 10, three of them play mostly or solely Ressurs, about equal with Arcanists.

Possibly it's a difficulty of GG17's schemes intended to minimise the impact of activation control.

>>54649016
He's a super-Rail Worker (though only when working with other constructs) and Hard Worker caddy.
Probably a matter of taste rather than particularly powerful.

Would fit fine in Ramos as well as Mei Feng.

>>54653422
>Secondly, don't keep the black joker between turns to make your deck failure proof. The math on it is bad.
Surely that depend wildly on how many +Flips you are leaning on?
I would have though itt makes sense for many 10T crews.
>>
>>54654400
>Surely that depend wildly on how many +Flips you are leaning on?
Someone did a math on it a long time ago and basic tldr was that it was not worth holding onto the black joker for consecutive turns as the odds of drawing it even in the deck was slim, and losing out on hand size was not worth it.
>>
>>54653217
That was my initial impression as well but when I started asking around about starting out I had people get very insistent that I was being a cheap dumbass if I didn't IMMEDIATELY purchase three crew boxes plus ancillary models. "I really wish new players would get the idea that Crew Boxes we're starter sets out of their heads."
>>
>>54654683
Are Malifaux podcasters terrible? I was listening to Schemes and Stones since it was the only thing I could find with much/well organized content and the host acted like holding onto the Joker was well known to be optimal in several casts.
>>
>>54656217
Another commonly played point level is 35 and only a few Ressur masters can't make that out of the box, so just get what you want lol. The introductory box with Guild vs Neverborn also has a bunch of Mercenary models that are fairly useful and that gives you two 20 point armies
>>
>>54654683
I think I'd question the math there. If my crew is running through the entire deck a turn, I think holding on to the joker might be worthwhile.

In my Somer list, being doesn't a single card isn't that huge an issue. Routinely failing a focused or double focused shot a turn is.
>>
>tfw most Nephilim models look dope as hell to play, but you hate the generic ass demon look
>>
-- Crew 1 --

The Brewmaster
Running Tab, 2SS
Hide in the Mud, 1SS
Stilts, 1SS
Fingers, 10SS
Drinking "Problem", 1SS
Apprentice Wesley, 3SS
The Sow, 8SS
Trixiebelle, 8SS
Performer (Mercenary), 5SS
Fermented River Monk, 5SS

Available Soulstones: 50
Total: 50
Pool: 3
>>
Quick newbie question. What's the average length of a match?
>>
>>54658064
For me an my friend whom recently started as well, it generally takes little over an hour per match.
As soon as you get more familiar with your crew, it takes far less time.
Summoning masters or lots of low-cost minions can drag the time alot though.
>>
>>54658064
In casual matches count on 2-3 hours. Not sure what that guy is doing but you're not going to make 1 hour. Even in tournament settings 1.5 hour matches tend to leave you with one or two unplayed turns.
>>
>>54658214
Other guy here.
I wasnt talking full 50 SS matches and who's winning is pretty clear when round 4-5 rolls around.

I wasnt talking about normal play, but around 35 SS fights when new.
Just felt like clarifying.
>>
>>54658263
So 50 is the standard number of points? Are there formats like MtG that I should be aware of?
>>
>>54658554
50 SS is what the game is balanced around. 35ish SS are generally seen as an introductory pool but just about all games will be done at 50 SS.
>>
>>54658650
What this guy said + you can also do 25 SS, which is this games version of Kill Team.
Very small match where your Enforcer takes the leader role instead of your Master.
>>
>>54658039

The Brewmaster
Running Tab, 2SS
Hide in the Mud, 1SS
Stilts, 1SS
Fingers, 10SS
Drinking "Problem", 1SS
Apprentice Wesley, 3SS
Trixiebelle, 8SS
A Gun For A Lady, 1SS
Performer (Mercenary), 5SS
Whiskey Golem, 10SS
Angry Drunk, 2SS

Better
>>
>>54656217
I still haven't spent more than a hundred dollars. The people talking about three crew boxes plus extras might have meant for competitive tournament play.

>>54658554
50 is pretty standard because certain things like summoning are more powerful at lower point levels.

Personally I like 25ss henchmen lead games too.
>>
>>54658667
Right. So, for normal play, roughly how many turns would you say the game would take?
>>
>>54658870
Turns ?
Well after turn 4 you start flipping cards to see if the game continues.
>>
>>54658892
I thought you started flipping after 5. The rules in the book for it are pretty poorly worded.
>>
File: M2E Malifaux Cheat Sheet.jpg (152KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
M2E Malifaux Cheat Sheet.jpg
152KB, 960x685px
>>54659055
Fuck, no you're actually right on this one.
My games never last that long so i've never actually had to roll for it.
>>
>>54659055
It is after turn 5. Generally you always play the full amount of rounds unless you're so obviously going to win that neither party feels there's any use in playing or when you're playing tournaments, which give you a time limit.
>>
Any Reva players here? I'm curious about what upgrades you like to take on her. I was thinking Litany + Beyond Death but I'm not confident.
>>
File: Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg (570KB, 1450x744px) Image search: [Google]
Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg
570KB, 1450x744px
>>54654683
>>54656873
>If my crew is running through the entire deck a turn, I think holding on to the joker might be worthwhile.
This is basically my reasoning - if you can virtually guarantee you are going to see it, then the risk that it fucks up an important flip increases the faster you burn the deck.

>>54658120
>For me an my friend whom recently started as well, it generally takes little over an hour per match.
Holy shit.
Either everyone I know is retarded, or hideously over-thinking things, because the only games that run under two hours are giant Turn 2 bloodbaths.

>>54659074
>My games never last that long so i've never actually had to roll for it.
To be a fly on the wall of your FLGS...
Your Malifaux sounds so totally different to mine that I am excited and intrigued.
>>
Could I get a brief on leader playstyles? I've read the official site's descriptions, but I want to know how it actually plays out in game.
>>
>>54637877
Yesh!
>>
>>54659874
You do know that there's a fuckton of leaders in the game right? Narrow it down.
>>
>>54659842
Sounds like a lot of hyper aggressive lists.

>>54659874
Do you have specifics you're looking for? There's about 30 masters iirc, doing that many write ups would be time consuming.

Check out pullmyfinger too. They're not always great or up to date, but they do a party good overview.
>>
>>54642694
Wow is she THAT naked or it is just a great paintjob?
>>
>>54659892
>>54659933
I was thinking broad strokes, or whichever leaders you guys play. Sorry for my phrasing.

Say, Seamus, Asami, Mei Feng, Viktorias, Perditas?
>>
I'm the same anon for both of these
>>54659842
>Holy shit.
Either everyone I know is retarded, or hideously over-thinking things, because the only games that run under two hours are giant Turn 2 bloodbaths.
It's never turned into a bloodboath or a complete tabling. But turn 3-4 we can pretty much see who's winning by a landslide, so turn 4-5 we often shake hands and prepare for next match.

>To be a fly on the wall of your FLGS...
Your Malifaux sounds so totally different to mine that I am excited and intrigued.

Well if we actually had anyone that wanted to bring a summoning crew, we might actually have to roll after turn 5.
But yeah, not the first time i'm being told our local meta sounds odd.
>>
>>54659974
>my formatting in that post
Fucking christ, sorry about that.
>>
>>54659874
To be honest you should read
https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/
>>
>>54659956
Seamus is highly mobile, and has one of the best ranged attacks in the game. You can play him different ways, but the biggest is to have him popping and the field killing midranged models and scheme runners.

Asami's major stick is summoning. Think of her summons more as fire and forget attacks, or missiles. They only stick around for a little before disappearing. This can be an advantage if the opponent ignores a model thinking it will disappear only for you to bump the flicker value.

The Vik's are a weird pseudo two model master. They have a lot if synergy, but it goes away if one of them dies. They work mostly on waiting, then alpha striking and removing hand full of models with whirlwind. There's a good chance they'll die, but if you play it right they can take half the opposing crew with them.
>>
File: Rooster Riders.jpg (63KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Rooster Riders.jpg
63KB, 1280x960px
>>54659974
Well, formatting aside, that makes it sound more reasonable.
We usually scrap to the end for the best salvageable VP diff, even if you know you are battling uphill towards a 7-2 loss - there's pride on the line about playing your best game, not the score.
>>
>>54660323
Oh yeah we still play to do our best, but when it's turn 4 and you're down 8-2 points against me and i burn all my soulstone to pop the mini nuke ability on my hooded rider and half your crew disappears, you call it a game and shake hands.
>>
There's been some rumbling in my local meta and from time to time on the forums about Yasunori's supposed OPness. What's /tg/'s take on him?
>>
>>54660506
As the most recent errata showed, players seem more than willing to whine about any good models that are outside thier faction.
>>
>>54660506

Given how many pushes his faction can supply, he's probably going to successfully kill something from a mile away. Kill him afterwards.
>>
>>54660506
He's a 12pt beater. Of course he wrecks.
>>
https://www.wyrd-games.net/specials-images/

Well, that's new units for ya.
>>
>>54663512

Oh snap, Kentauroi.
>>
>>54663512
Seems like a mixed bag. I like some of the new models a lot. Some like Rotten seem kind of poor.
>>
File: Ramos Avatar of Invention.jpg (193KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ramos Avatar of Invention.jpg
193KB, 900x1200px
>>54660443
Yeah, sorry, that sounded more dismissive than intended.

>>54663512
>https://www.wyrd-games.net/specials-images/
Mixed bag is right.
>>
Dear lord stop it Wyrd my penis can only get so erect.
>>
>>54664381
God damn huggy is getting scary as fuck
>>
File: Kandara Render.jpg (118KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Kandara Render.jpg
118KB, 750x750px
>>54664381
>>54663512
Right?
New Huggy looks dope.

Seems like someone heard those people complaining that Wyrd were the only company in christendom .not. cashing in on the Lovecraft boom.
Having said that, I'm in favour of any non-The Devil (TM) Neverborn model.

Kandara I'll have to wait to see the model - the render looks ok, but not amazing.

>Talos
Pretty cool.
>Midnight Stalker
Sick
>The Jury
I heard some podcast call it "the dumb creepy book dominatrix model", and now I fully understand and agree. Not sure about that one.
Katanaka Crime Boss
Shit name, shit model.
>Steamfitters
Tits the size of soccer balls, retarded. Otherwise Ok.

The rest I could take or leave.
>>
A stray Kaeris box wandered into my home. What do I buy to feed it?
>>
>>54664484
I didn't like the stalker. He doesn't give me a Spring-heeled Jack feel, just generic steamshit cogfop.

I actually like the male kantanka boss. Feels very imortan Joe.
>>
>>54664484
I actually love the not quite human-y feel her slightly deformed render face gives. And it's hardly Tanaka "Not the Bees" Asami-tier.
>>
>>54664501
Gunsmiths and Carlos Vasquez for a start, that'll get you up to 50 with a few points to spare for relatively cheap
>>
>>54664484
>Tits the size of soccer balls
You say that like it's a bad thing.
I actually like Tits McSteamfitter.
>>
File: MissFire.jpg (1MB, 2352x1644px) Image search: [Google]
MissFire.jpg
1MB, 2352x1644px
>>54664530
>just generic steamshit cogfop.
Fair.

>Kat Boss
I like the mask, but I'm not so sure about what might be a giant tank backpack (why?), and the penants/banners just don't do it for me.

>>54664696
>Tits McSteamfitter.
Every inch of her skin is coverd except teh bit right under her mask - silly.
Also, she has very shapely legs for someone with tits that double the volume of her torso - enough spare chest fat to feed a village.

I've complained before about the slide into cartoon proportions, and I shall continue to do so, though admittedly they aren's as bad as the Guild Investifators.
>>
>>54664907
>I'm not so sure about what might be a giant tank backpack
Yeah, with how big a part of the model it is, I would expect it to have it's own rules in the models stat card.

>I've complained before about the slide into cartoon proportions
Normally I'd agree. One of the things I liked best about Malifaux was the normal human proportions.

I sort of have a thing for cartoonishly big boobs though.
>>
File: 17-GenConPreview_Grootslang.jpg (182KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
17-GenConPreview_Grootslang.jpg
182KB, 1000x1000px
Dark Age wants its Howler back.

Seriously, though, these new minis are really nice. Depending on the size, alt-Huggie would make a good choice for Lynch's emissary.
>>
Is there a rundown of what the new models do? I don't want to just blind buy stuff that I may never use.

I'm mainly interested in what Talos's and Midnight Stalker's roles are.

I'd wait until they hit full release but I really really want Cowboy-Taelor.
>>
>>54667701
See >>54652615
>>
>>54664381
I was waiting for them to make an alt huggy. It only looks a little off compared to the illuminated and regular huggy, but the new sculpt is definitely better.
>>
File: asuradesarlath.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
asuradesarlath.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
I was half hoping that Asura would look like this Asura. It is my fault for not keeping up with TTB material I suppose.
>>
>>54666165
I hope that the actual model has as much texture and detail. I know that they never do, but a man can dream.
>>
>>54668060
I don't even know how I'd paint all of the details o the grootslang, but if it did I'd be excited for the models to show up on the net 3 months from release that make me feel like I should never touch a paintbrush again, due to how inept I am by comparison
>>
File: Malifaux Child.jpg (62KB, 800x796px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux Child.jpg
62KB, 800x796px
>>54667977
>It is my fault for not keeping up with TTB material I suppose.
Same.
But I still don't like the pose much.
And I'm just waiting for the pointing hand to be two or more parts.
>>
If I'm starting from scratch, should I purchase a couple of the crew boxes or start with the M2e Starter Box? Are the mercenary pieces in there good or useful?
>>
>>54673031
Get a couple crews. Using the models in the M2E starter box as mercs isn't really worth the merc tax.
>>
>>54673031
If you're not going into those factions they're really not worth it. Even in those factions they're "alright". Go for a faction you want and get two masters who cover different themes of the game (in general, scheming and killing). Then get 1-2 complimentary unit boxes for the masters and you should be set for the rest of M2E.
>>
>>54673132
>>54673157
Right, that makes sense. Regarding scheming vs killing (and I assume scheming here means winning by VP from non-elimination schemes?), do you guys have any recommendations on what are good to start with?
>1-2 complimentary unit boxes
Is that the Arsenal? From Wyrd's site I only seem to see Leader + Crew boxes and the other models are individual.
Less important, but did you buy the Fate Decks or just used poker cards?
>>
>>54673198
Pick a faction first, either by playstyle or aesthetic.

And yeah, you have it right on scheming vs killing.

You can use a poker deck no problem, but most use a fate deck.
>>
>>54673198
What's good to start with depends on the faction you want to play.

And yeah, you're gonna need the arsenal decks (or see if someone sells your faction's cards online) and then a handful of seperate models that compliment the crewboxes you have.
>>
>>54673234
>>54673259
Damn, I like individual leaders out of the several factions though. For the sake of economy, that won't be feasible, right? So... Resurrectionists and Ten Thunders?
>>
>>54673271
You declare a faction before the schemes are revealed, so if you want a master to fit the schemes well you're gonna need a good range of masters in both factions. And then models to compliment both. You can do it, but your wallet will hate you for it.
>>
Does anyone have some Broken promises master upgrades leaks or we have to wait until Gencon to see them?
>>
>>54673271
Look at Yan Lo, he's dual faction 10T and Ressers.

Your wallet will hate you for going dual faction right out of the gate though. It's also easier to learn just sticking to a single faction.
>>
>>54673286
>>54673390
Ah... If I stuck to Resurrectionists only, would Tara + Seamus be good purchases?
>>
>>54673415
They are both on the lower end of the power spectrum. General consensus is that Reva is basically Seamus but better in every way and Tara is just... awkward. Though Seamus's box is filled with models you'll gladly use with any Resser.

Do note though, if you're playing Resser you're likely going to get your hands on a summoner, and summoners need a lot more models.
>>
>>54673489
Those models I'll have to buy individually, or will they come with the Arsenal box?
Do many people play on VASSAL?
>>
>>54673993
Arsenal box is just stat cards and upgrades.

As far as i know, it's not super active on Vassal, since physical board games just arent the same digitally
>>
>>54673993

Belles, Belles, Belles

Belles are an amazing staple no matter what ressur master you settle on as your favorite
>>
...Wait, they removed a Kentauroi sculpt from the picture.
>>
>>54676211
That they did. Maybe they're reworking it? Or decided to sell them 2x a box.
>>
>>54676346

A shame they dropped one of the good ones but kept the one with legs bolted to its ribcage.
>>
>>54676025
What makes them a staple? Would you say that I'm better off buying the Seamus crew or Reva + Rotten Belles separately? How many do they come in/how many should I have? Can Companion trigger an infinite string so I activate all my dudes consecutively, or can I only activate two at a go via Companion?
>>
>>54677499

New thread
>>
Does anyone know of an easier digest verson of the FAQ/errata? I played a lot about a year ago then left the country came back and found quite a bit of changes and am kinda scrambling to get it together to start up a league soon
>>
>>54680079
The tldr versions are the forum posts announcing each faq and errata.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.