[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this? Does it work for skirmish-level and below?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 9266s[1].jpg (102KB, 412x525px) Image search: [Google]
9266s[1].jpg
102KB, 412x525px
Thoughts on this? Does it work for skirmish-level and below?
Looking for a sort of "RPG-lite" wargame for me and my gf where we can make a party of adventurers each and go at it. A cooperative mode would also be great.
>>
>>54554740
It was intended for skirmish to large scale war. Some adventures expect you to use it for good huge chunks of the game. I couldn't say how the rules go because fuck if I can find a good copy of it, and I've never played it at all.
>>
>>54554943
I found a good PDF of it but unfortunately the filesize is much too large to post here. You can easily find it through Google, however. That's how I found it.
>>
>>54554977
Guess I'll have to incorporate it into my games when/if they get to larger scale combat. Birthright has a large scale and skirmish combat rules, but I'm not a big fan. They're a bit oversimplified.
>>
>>54554740
Savage Worlds or Strike! are both pretty light (the latter righter) and focused around tactical combat (of different sorts).
>>
>>54555241
Can you wargame with either of those, though?
>>
>>54556494
Savage Worlds is an RPG built around what was originally a wargame.

Strike! is basically modern XCOM on tabletop.
>>
>>54554740
all I know is that the minis are OOP and the molds destroyed, which is a damn shame.
>>
>>54556597
Cool thanks man I'll give them a look.
>>54556673
Damn that sucks
>>
>>54556736
Here's the stuff for Strike!

dropbox.com/s/a1i5mhmasq77iqm

You can find SW stuff on the Savagepedia wiki and probably the share thread for PDFs.

Example on the left is from Strike! to help you decide if that's what you want.
>>
>>54556823
Awesome thanks man, was having trouble finding info on it
>>
>>54556834
A pitch for it then.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.