[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 43

File: michael_whelan_1.jpg (602KB, 1364x1700px) Image search: [Google]
michael_whelan_1.jpg
602KB, 1364x1700px
D&D 5th Ed. General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: Greyhawk Initiative:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:
>>54543784
>>
File: 1499928622782.png (354KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1499928622782.png
354KB, 665x574px
Remember to read the books before asking that question
>>
>>54549564
Like we would even have these threads if people did that
>>
How does one fix the Purple Dragon Knight? I like the idea it's going for as a Warlord style fighter, but it's so damn weak.

I feel like they just need an interesting level 3 ability to solve the issue.
>>
Reposting from last thread: How could a gunslinger create incendiary ammo in 5e?
I've got alchemist fire, gunpowder and oil to work with.
>>
>want to dm
>I have a stutter and rock bottom confidence

fuck my shit right up
>>
>>54549573
If you want a warlord, just play an Order of the Avatar Mystic.

Yes, mystics are overpowered garbage if you feel like min-maxing their options, but then again so are most caster-classes, soo...
>>
>>54549586
Do it anyways, it's helping me
>>
>>54549573
I'm tempted to say just give them an extra use of second wind and action surge might be the best way at least in terms of minimal changes. It would really make them feel like more of a supporter, but it might be kind of overboard to be able to so freely give action surges so I dunno
>>
File: 1499348872221.jpg (18KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1499348872221.jpg
18KB, 500x373px
>>54549586
>Want to play.
>Nearest store that does DnD is almost 25 miles away.
>>
>>54549597
I'm not going for a Warlord, shouldn't have said that. I like the idea of playing a Fighter but do like to have a small theme of support, rather then a supporter that can act like a Fighter. I mean Battlemaster can use Commander's Strike but it would literally be the only thing I'd ever use from Battlemaster.

>>54549607
I thought about that. Another option I thought would be to instead give them a pool of resources like other fighters.

Something like a ranged Lay on Hands, except it's a bonus action, recharges on a short rest and is 2xFighter Level? Then at level 10 they can use 10 points of it to let an ally make an attack as a reaction.
>>
>>54549573
>they just need an interesting level 3 ability
It needs to have a fucking level 18 ability like all the other Fighter archetypes
>>
>>54549602
On a semi-related note, DMing has substantially increased my ability to asspull just about anything at any time
>>
File: mages op pls nerf.png (974KB, 912x480px) Image search: [Google]
mages op pls nerf.png
974KB, 912x480px
>>54549690
>Playing to level 18

Does anyone actually do this? I always plan to have my campaigns wrap up around level 12 and almost never go beyond level 14 max. Magic starts getting to ridiculous power levels at this point, and I find it nearly impossible to run games without them feeling like a garbage-tier anime.
>>
>>54549754
>I find it nearly impossible to run games without them feeling like a garbage-tier anime.
Shit-tier DM tbqh
>>
File: What Am I Reading.gif (1MB, 430x360px) Image search: [Google]
What Am I Reading.gif
1MB, 430x360px
>>54549761
Short of running a low/no-magic campaign, how are you supposed to run a game for characters that can pretty much re-write the rules of reality on a whim as long as they have time to get rests in (which they can further cheese by fucking off into pocket dimensions to do this).

I'm legitimately curiously, how do you run engaging games at these types of power levels without it just being a game of "HERE'S MY NEW ASS-PULLED POWER THAT SPECIFICALLY COUNTERS YOUR POWER!"
How do you keep players engaged other than threatening the entire world (which only works because of the whole "I keep my stuff there!" factor.).
>>
>>54549564
Bringing up the question again does Metamagic affect the ring of spell storing?
>>
>>54549832
No
>>
>>54549837
Okay.
>>
>>54549809
What spells are you even referring to? The only one that could conceivably do what you're ranting about is Wish, and if you feel that the players are getting too crazy with it then you need to be twisting the shit out of them.
Also, there are plenty of non-world-threatening creatures that can keep a high-level party engaged; Ancient Dragons, a Kraken, or a Lich right off the top of my head can all be challenging even with 9th level spells.
>>
>>54549809
>how are you supposed to run a game for characters that can pretty much re-write the rules of reality on a whim
How exactly?
And desu even 20 lvl character is nowhere near the top of magical foodchain.
>>
File: 1493987626502.jpg (103KB, 900x556px) Image search: [Google]
1493987626502.jpg
103KB, 900x556px
>>54549809
The Endless Universe addresses this by having Magic fueled by Dust, a substance so powerful that empires go to war over it and you paint a target on your back just by having some on your person.

High level Magic users might possess the knowledge to do all this crazy world-bending shit, but magic on that level requires such massive volumes of dust that they'd have to broker some kind of agreement with a rich empire to get their hands on enough to cast it. And no one will part with that much dust without expecting a big fucking favor in return.

I agree that magic users get pretty ridiculous at higher levels, but ultimately you are only limited by your own ability to imagine ways to limit magic use.
>>
>>54549868
>a Lich right off the top
>party kill him
>Lich resurrects
>now he specifically tailors his next encounter with PCs to counter their strengths
>>
>>54549880
Not the guy you're replying to, but this brings up a bigger issue. 5E in and of itself doesn't really give any guides on good ways to limit magic, and doesn't really come with much of anything built-in to do it. I can very much sympathize with the problem of wizards being able to solve or completely bypass every problem in a campaign by mid level.

Don't even get me started on how Wizards learn to fucking FLY at level 5 while all the fighter gets is the ability to swing his sword a little faster.
>>
>>54549903
>the problem of wizards being able to solve or completely bypass every problem in a campaign by mid level.
Nice memes.
I think D&D and fantasy settings aren't for you.
>>
File: Hoarders.jpg (62KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Hoarders.jpg
62KB, 615x409px
>>54549564
Maybe if the book weren't as poorly organized as a house from hoarders, people wouldn't need to ask those questions.
For example
>Spells not organized by level, school, list, or any other reasonable way, but 82 fucking page of ALPHABETIZED spells... what the everloving fuck?
>>
>>54549559
>Even then it's kind of hard to think of class features that would actually compliment it that have anything to do with spellcasting
I can think of some. Obviously, expertise with Int skills fits, and I guess Int-based initiative does too.

How about these:
>Rituals take only 1 (or 5?) extra minutes instead of 10.
>When you roll initiative, you can choose one of the enemy creatures and make a DC 15 Intelligence check. On a success you recall which is its lower saving throw bonus. You cannot target a unique creature or NPC with this ability.
>By level 6, you learn to compartmentalize your mind. You can concentrate on two spells simultaneously, as long as at least one of these spells is of 1st level or lower. By 11th level, at least one must be of 2nd level or lower. By 17th level at least one must be of 3rd level or lower.
>>
>>54549933
>You can concentrate on two spells simultaneously
No
>>
File: pretendsmug.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
pretendsmug.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>>54549908
4e was technically DnD and solved most of the issues the guy was complaining about. Too bad it was marketed horribly and *actually* killed by memes.
>>
>>54549951
>solved most of the issues
By being absolutely horrible and bland, yes.
>>
File: i_hate_this.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
i_hate_this.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>54549966
How is martials having things to do besides mash the attack button and occasionally spend a superiority dice bland? Don't tell me you bought into the memes about it being World of Warcraft combat.
>>
>>54549903
I agree with you but there are basically only two courses of action:
>Make a point of your frustrations to WotC and hope for some kind of alternate magic UA
or
>Make up your own alternate magic system and run it yourself

There's no requirement for you to run everything by-the-book. If you can get your players/DM on board then you're golden.
>>
>>54549990
>Alternate Magic UA

Oh man, keep Mearls away from this and it would make me excited about DnD in a way I haven't felt in years.
>>
File: ADND.jpg (99KB, 700x308px) Image search: [Google]
ADND.jpg
99KB, 700x308px
>>54549908
>If a caster can't negate any and every challenge by mid-tier it's not a "fantasy setting."

Let me guess, you started with 3e didn't you? Try a little AD&D, and you'll learn that most of your sacred cows weren't even newborn calfs before 2000. Hell, a little of the ACTUAL classics might make the experience at the 5e table for both you and the rest of your group.
>>
>>54549982
>How is martials having things to do besides mash the attack button and occasionally spend a superiority dice bland?
It was poorly handled, that's how.
>>
>>54549617
Play online
>>
>>54549982
The issue was all these options were attack with a bonus, attack and inflict a condition that does nothing and attack and punish them if they then attack you allies. It wasn't interesting in the slightest, hell it was exactly the same blandness for martials and made spellcasters about the same. So it was worse.

On top of this a lot of the races and classes had a really forced design and only existed to justify printing a new book. What was so different about an Invoker that a Cleric couldn't have the same fluff? What makes an Avenger different to a DEX Paladin? Why do we need a Race, Class and a Feat for playing a fucking Vampire?

Lastly the math in the game was terrible and there was plenty of trap options. People talk about it's balance when in reality that just meant "Out of all 100 fighter options, one is really good". Don't even get me started on the fact they fucked up monster stats that bad they had to completely redo them eventually.
>>
>>54550016
>If a caster can't negate any and every challenge by mid-tier
I never said that. Nice strawman.
Now try to actually tell us how in 5e wizards can
>negate any and every challenge by mid-tier
Or are your 'challenges' just hordes of kobolods?
>>
>>54550040
Aaand now you're just throwing a fit. Okay then.
>>
>>54550158
Isn't that literally what >>54550040 did?
>>
>>54550053
>>54550158
Glad you two could hug it out and agree, now drop it because nobody else here gives the slightest shit. It's a 5e thread, not a place for edition wars.
>>
what's the best way to get reaction attacks? Sentinel and a spear weapon?
>>
>>54550166
Stop baiting, FFS. Don't be That Guy.
>B-but he's bait
THEN DON'T TAKE THE FUCKING BAIT.

Fuckdamn.
>>
>>54550181
PAM
>>
>>54550188
Isn't that literally what >>54550166 did?
>>
>>54550190
...oh wow I thought that thing about getting an OA when the opponent enters your reach was a sentinel feature. But what if you enter their reach?
>>
>>54550203
If you're entering their reach, then it's during your turn so you won't be taking an OA anyway.
>>
>>54550188
>DON'T TAKE THE FUCKING BAIT
Why not?
>>
>>54550210
Isn't that literally what >>54550188 did?
>>
>>54550211
Because nobody wants to see you act like a twat throwing a temper tantrum over an internet argument that's not even about what the thread is supposed to be about. The other dropped it, now man up and stop being a petulant child. Or start using a trip so your shitposting becomes easier to hide and ignore.
>>
>>54550236
Well, okay.
>>
File: 1498517742986.jpg (173KB, 708x451px) Image search: [Google]
1498517742986.jpg
173KB, 708x451px
I'm a lazy DM. Recently I got really sick of rolling and keeping track of initiative and my players seemed to be bored of just constantly just waiting for their turn and being kind of disengaged.

So without regard for balance I started using the savage worlds form of initiative, in which every player draws a card from a deck, the order being from ace to deuce.

This works really well. It can be tense when the fighter is low on health and ends the round right in front of an owlbear. If the owlbear goes next the fighter dies, but then the healer draws an ace and gets to do her turn and heal the fighter before he is killed by the owlbear.

It also seems to make my players stay engaged throughout the whole round of combat. I think this might be the case because every new round has a new order and that simple change keeps things interesting.

So my question is: should I keep this up? How could I balance this properly? This hasn't come up yet, but how could I preemptively stop the following situation?

A player is last in the round. They cast a spell that will last until their next turn. They draw and their next turn is at the start of a new round. Obviously their spell shouldn't last for less than one turn, right?
>>
>>54550340
Sadly, you fundamentally can't. The reason you can't is because the entire system relies on the current method of initiative. There are feats and abilities that manipulate this.

Deviating from the system invalidates all of those feats.
>>
>>54550340
Read the alternate initiative rules from one of the latest UAs.

It has similar problems/solutions as yours.

I don't like it, I'd rather just port the SotDL initiative
>>
>>54550340
Honestly I just use Passive Initiative Scores, sure it's kinda boring and predictable but I'd rather that the players don't get fucked by sheer chance anyway. If they die it was on their heads for bad choices.
>>
File: map 3.png (4MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
map 3.png
4MB, 2048x1536px
anyone else feel like making a map of the area your players will be adventuring in really helps the creative process?
>>
So why isn't the Pyromancer in 5etools when other Planeshift content is? I was thinking of playing one but noticed it's not there.
>>
I'm converting some monsters from Pathfinder and was wondering what to do with save DC's. The numbers in pf are a lot more bloated than 5e so I was thinking of just taking 5 off of each one. Any experience or suggestions on the topic?
>>
>>54550480
Man you're good with Inkarnate. Do you mind if I use that map for part of my Roll20 game? Up until now I haven't been able to find a small area map that looked nice and I'm shit at making them.
>>
>>54550480
I don't know why but I could never get decent looking maps out of inkarnate

It just feels so weird to use a mouse to draw anything and it doesn't work with a drawing tablet
>>
>>54550496
feel free man
>>
File: 1471660030682.png (7KB, 666x665px) Image search: [Google]
1471660030682.png
7KB, 666x665px
>>54550500
Me and my player's thank you.
>>
>>54550409
could you link me?
>>
>>54550589
>http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

It's in OP post.
>>
For an Abyssal Tiefling do you roll 1 dice for both trait cantrips and spells or do you roll them individually?
>>
Does a high passive perception score eliminate the need for active perception check DCs of that score or lower for the individual?
>>
My group's monks don't know I'm doing this, but I'm planning on having dojos dedicated to different fighting styles which they can challenge. I don't know yet whether beating the master of the dojo or besting him in a challenge would work best.

The idea is that upon beating each dojo, they are awarded a headband which, while worn, allows them to spend Ki on a style-specific ability.
I'm thinking of throwing the Viper Dojo at them in the next session and was wondering what you think of the viper headband.

Spend 1 Ki to negate the target's Dex bonus to AC for one of your unarmed strikes.

The fluff of this is that the monk fakes an attack with one hand, catching the enemy off balance for the true strike.
>>
File: Angrove Post Pillar.jpg (929KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Angrove Post Pillar.jpg
929KB, 1024x768px
>>54550480
This is how good I wish I were. Here's my map, which is super ugly in comparison.

How do you do all the coastal edges so nicely?
>>
>>54550480
>>54550777
I really want to DM for the soul purpose of world building but my it's impossible to ever organize a time with my friends and I don't want to commit myself to a lucky draw of people online.
>>
File: TTRPG Maps on demand.jpg (512KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TTRPG Maps on demand.jpg
512KB, 1920x1080px
>>54550480
I'm lazy and just let 4x games make my maps for me. It helps speed up the process when I don't have to think for myself about where to put caves, villages, major cities, mountain ranges, coastlines and rivers.
>>
>>54550777
>>54550790
>>54550819
I let Dorf Fortress make my maps for me.
>>
File: bad.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
bad.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>54550790
You're better off writing a book DESU. Wanting to be a be a super committed world-builder is one of the worst things for a DM to be, because the players WILL shit all over your setting and not care, assuming they even bother to read or learn any of your lore in the first place.
>>
>>54550777
Key to getting the coast looking good is zooming in and using the remove land tool at size 3 and just tideously edging out the entire coast.
>>
>>54550839
That is on the bucket list, but not until I'm much older
>>
>>54550707
I like the idea of traveling monks dojo-breaking, but I can maybe see two problems with this:
1.) What is the rest of the party doing while all the MMA nerds are wuxia-ing each other to death? Hangin' out?
2.) The headband idea is kinda neat, but it kinda precludes changing headbands in battle, so either they get lucky and fight high-dex dudes while wearing the viper hat, or they back off and change headgear for a round, which is kind of a lame round. I'd just give them "Secret Ancient Fist of the Venerated Viper" as a 1/day add-on to a monk power for 1 Ki. If they really like a particular school and get more training there, they can do it more times a day.
>>
>>54549617
25 miles weekly for games isn't that bad. It gets you out of the house.
>>
File: ChvjNlnVAAAzaP4 (1).jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ChvjNlnVAAAzaP4 (1).jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>54550842
>tideously
>>
>>54550890
Idk wtf I typed but it got auto corrected
>>
File: Actually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Actually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>54550790
>I really want to DM for the soul purpose of world building
>>54550839
>You're better off writing a book
9/10 times when someone says this, you're probably right. Deep worldbuilding does not lead to good DMing. However, I've found that if you DO NOT pre-plan the world for the game, but use an Improv-style GMing, DMing can be a tool that leads to good worldbuilding.

Worldbuilding doesn't make good games, but good games can make for excellent worldbuilding.

so, arguably
>I really want to DM for the soul purpose of world building
COULD mean doing it in the PROPER order.
>>
>>54550862
1)The rest of the party are following their own plot threads. The barbarian and cleric are researching a dead holy order which they maybe unwillingly revived when they swore the oath as part of a puzzle to gain loot. The druid is being CN and kind of entertains himself.
2) I was thinking about just teaching the monks the style, but if they both end up wander around as masters of all 10 styles it might turn into a martial arts movie with a hint of D&D. I also thought of the headbands as tokens so once they collect all headbands, they take them all to some grandmaster and get the Drunken Monkey headband.
>>
Would you allow a life cleric 1 / lore bars x? Yes, this is because of the sage advice goodberry interaction.

Player is trying at convincing me it wouldn't be a big deal as healing is "underpowered", but crunching the numbers it outheals every healing spell at every level, in terms of total recovery. Should I let him try it?
>>
>>54550973
Well, they get the opportunity to compete for the Drunken Monkey band.
>>
Anyone have any good GM cheatsheets? A condensed version of some rules?
>>
How would am exiled Drow ranger name his mercenary company made of outlaws, disgraced nobles, half-orcs, dwarves, drow, tieflings and other outcasts and monsters?
>>
Newbie DM. I'm having issues conceptualizing the start of my campaign. I'm not talking about figuring out where the PCs start, but I'm worried about taking away their agency. I'm going to be doing a one on one session 0 with each of them to build some backstory, where they'll eventually end up in the town the campaign starts. How much railroading/nudging is acceptable when getting the party together for the start?

Say I don't do a session 0 and they all just start in town. Do I ask them what their characters purpose is to be in town?
>>
>>54551142
/tg/
>>
>>54551142
>company made of outlaws, disgraced nobles, half-orcs, dwarves, drow, tieflings and other outcasts and monsters
basically
>company made of selfish assholes, failures as human beings, ugly, neckbearded, self-entitled, smelly outcasts
Thats /tg/ right here.
>>
>>54551142
Is he trying to hide his identity? Go with something inconspicuous. Is he trying to play up the monstrous rep? Go with something conspicuous.
>>
>>54551142
The Wretched Company. Alternatively, Monstrous Regiment.
>>
>>54550974
Let him. It takes an action to resolve the effects of each individual berry. So it's either heal up, or attack.
>>
>>54551274
Terry, please.
>>
>>54551142

Something narcissistic. The chosen of [Drow's name].
>>
My shadow monk just reached 6th level in barohvia, how not personnel will this be, kid
>>
>>54550835
Honestly it's not a bad system
>>
Long post, but I need some advice.

I'm running the LMoP module. My party will be escorting the cart along the road, but I feel that just saying "you guys have all been hired to do this task, now...roleplay" is kind of railroady(?). I understand it's the main hook that jumpstarts the campaign, but how do you guys usually handle opening a campaign? Do you run a one on one session zero to help the players roleplay and flesh their characters out a bit? Do you jump right into it and go "alright, you're all in a tavern..."?

I'm a bit lost and could use some guidance. I don't want to jump RIGHT into the main hook, so to speak, but I don't want my players to circumvent it. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>54551572
I'm playing that right now for Adventurers League. Starting on the road is absolutely fine, it'd FEEL a lot more railroad-y to start the group in town and then try and lead them by the nose to take the damn job to begin with.
>>
>>54550489
Use the DMG monster creation rules. Saving throws are 8 + prof. bonus + ability score modifier.
>>
>>54551610
Fair enough. How did you open the campaign? This will be my first time DMing and I could use some inspiration. Were they already on the road and you just opened from there?
>>
>>54551632
Oh, I'm not DMing it. I'm playing. The DM said "you got hired by (whatsisface mcimportant) to deliver this stuff, and now you're working together to get it there." etc etc. We did introductions in the wagon and talked about our characters, then the adventure began.
>>
>>54551694
Okay, that sounds simple enough. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>54551280

I'm more concerned about out of combat healing, or am I just being a worrywart.
>>
If i use rogue template from this UA i get Survival and Nature, along with double proficiency bonus as subclass feature on 3rd level.

It would feel weird not having those skills at 1st, considering i want to play tracker type of character. Is it RAW legal to take Survival & Nature at 1st and and at 3rd just multiply the bonus for these two and take two other skills?
>>
>>54551758
No, but it's a reasonable request if you ask your DM. Otherwise I would just accept it, 3 levels isn't long to wait.
>>
>>54550016
This
I've played every edition of D&D as they came out, starting with a beat up copy of whitebox in 79 all the way through 5e.
Play whatever edition you want, but fuck me D&D became a meme in and of itself from 3e onwards. Nothing captures the original feel of D&D like a 1st or 2nd edition AD&D.
That's just my opinion, but at least it comes from someone who actually has played all the editions and not just shitposted on /tg/ about them
>>
>>54551758
I would just not take Survival and Nature at level 1, and play my character as a tracker-in-training who is working on developing his skills as a tracker.
>>
>>54551797
>but at least it comes from someone who actually has played all the editions
Or, more accurately, says that he did.
>>
File: 1469732551997.gif (2MB, 538x302px) Image search: [Google]
1469732551997.gif
2MB, 538x302px
Hey TG I got a stupid question for you

Do nuns exist in D&D?

I'm developing a character who's basically a cleric who parades around in goody goody two shoes garb but is anything but a goody goody two shoes.

Also unsure if I should make her a dragonborn or a tiefling or if I can even do that
>>
>>54551893
Depends on the setting. Ask your DM.
>>
>>54551893
>Do nuns exist in D&D?
As in system? No.
As for setting - how the fuck should we know, you didn't say which one you're gonna play in.
>make her a tiefling
What a shit taste. It's almost painful.
>>
How do you guys handle non vancian magic?
Like for example, in my setting, you can consecrate a desecrated land with a hallow, but if you're short a bishop, a village using generation long efforts to build a hospital or just general nice shit can also achieve a similar effect
>>
>>54552035
>>54551928
Thanks
>>
>>54551142
Underdorks
>>
>>54549573
> Battlemaster
> Decent Charisma
> Commander's strike, maneuvering strike, rally
> Inspiring Leadership feat
>>
>>54551142

Creature Commandos.
>>
>>54549617
>25 miles
>far
Get a car you fucking basement virgin.
>>
>>54551893
Yes. They are called the "Acolyte" background.
>>
>>54552156
I am of the opinion vancian magic is one way of manipulating weave - you can achieve similar effect differently, though the efficiency of this is usually debatable. Kind of like relationship of modern medicine and herbalism.
>>
>>54551893
Yes. Most faiths explicitly have civilian clergy members who are not actual clerics or paladins. You could easily disguise yourself like one of them.
>>
Someone here might be interested...

https://greenroninstore.com/collections/fifth-edition/products/critical-role-tal-dorei-campaign-setting-5e-pdf
>>
>>54552421
>critical-role
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54551323
RIP
>>
Gonna play a Kensei Monk who will not draw her blade unless it is needed or the right opponent. Is there a way to roleplay this without pissing off others in the party who want to play optimally?
>>
>>54551893
Depends on the setting and depends how you define nun.
In Forgotten Realms for instance, we know that vows of chastity just are not a thing.
>>
>>54552628
Well 'drawing your blade' is pretty specific, so you can still punch people or hit them with a quarterstaff.
>>
>>54552650
but then I won't be rolling my d10s for swinging my longsword 2 handed
>>
>>54552684
Well why won't you do it unless it's the right opponent? If you're just sworn to only use it on specific people then there's some specific reason for it specifically, and therefore anything else is allowed.
>>
File: party-connections.jpg (125KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
party-connections.jpg
125KB, 750x400px
>No PVP

I played with a GM last night that outright refused intraparty conflict, even a zero damage slap to the face is too much.

What do you guys think about that, should your DM be protecting you from the bullying of your other players, or do you prefer to be fully committed in the roleplay and able to take matters into your own hands.

Personally for casual games with a clear good sway in alignment I got no problem with that, but for less casual games with real roleplay it needs to be a necessity.
>>
>>54552698
like I said how do I reconcile this with some players who want me to play "optimally"
>>
>>54552738
Tell them to go play their own character? It's not like 1 less average damage is a big deal.
>>
>>54552719
If the DM knows his players can handle it, sure. Without that knowledge it's inviting catastrophe.
>>
>>54552738
>therefore anything else is allowed
Use your other non-bladed kensei weapons for one.
>>
>>54552719
When I was just a new starting player, my first few groups were full on boner mode for PvP.
I learned real quick what true optimization is and the importance of '30 x 30 white room' theory crafting.

Though now I rarely find PvP in groups (and prefer it this way) my paranoia and constant pvp worry leads me to make characters with minimal weaknesses. I'd say it helped.
>>
>>54552738
If they keep whining about it tell them to play their own damn character optimally.
>>
>>54550340
If you're drawing from a deck every turn, why not just roll initiative every turn instead and add the initiative modifiers? Takes the same effort and you don't screw over your high-initiative fighters.

Also the spell thing is something that can work both ways. If your players are smart they'll cast spells like that when they have high initiative. That way they might have it last for two of the enemy's actions.
>>
>>54552719
>PCs with conflicting personalities and players willing to roleplay the differences of their characters without getting OVERLY invested and taking it out of game
Good
>PCs with conflicting personalities, but less mature players
Good if it's not too serious
>PCs with conflicting personalities and mature players, but who manage to come to blows
Other PCs, would you like to intervene? Possible OOC talk after the session on if everyone is having fun with the party makeup the way it is or if there should be an opportunity for change
>PCs with conflicting goals who honestly try to screw each other over at junctures that are at least somewhat important
The players had to know this going in and be prepared to be mature about it
>PC relations devolving to the point of interparty combat not presaged by how their characters were established or developed.
Seriously, guys?! I'd rather not see this at the table, it'll lead bad places, might be the time to call an OOC conference on where this is all headed. Play it out if everyone is OK with the scenario
>PCs backstabbing each other for the lulz like it's a game of fucking Munchkin
Grow up.
>>
>>54552738
Play them the world's saddest song on the world's tiniest violin. You aren't losing a lot of efficacy or "hurting the party" in any serious manner, they should probably accept that not everyone wants to play The Terminator using optimal tactics to eliminate everything between them and their objective.
>>
Hey guys,

So im currently a level 5 Half-Elf Warlock with an OP Eldritch blast. Currently, my character is one who makes money by doing work for the local guilds in whatever town or city we might be in. Atm, I have hired someone to do some of my work for me, and he has hired two hobos to work for him. I have 790 gold atm. What is a good way to expand my moneymaking empire?
>>
Any youtubers with good videos I can watch to learn a bit as a new GM. Some people recommended Coville's Running the Game series, but idk how good that is.
>>
>>54552985
Matt Mercer has some videos with tips for being GM, might worth giving them a watch.
>>
File: 1389803111444.jpg (352KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1389803111444.jpg
352KB, 1053x1070px
>>54552985
Seriously, watch Colville. Stop needing 4chan to spoonfeed you opinions and ideas.
>>
File: 1479507144721[1].jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1479507144721[1].jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>54552985
>Got any suggestions for X?
>I already have suggestions for X but haven't used them yet
>>
>>54552985
Colville is pretty cool. Mercer too, but i find the Colville has cooler and more interesting delivery. Mercer is pretty direct and make less fussing around - i find it dry and boring, but it certainly might have some merit for total newbs.
>>
>>54553021
>>54553079
Just trying to take in as much info as I can, you know? I'm nervous and I'd rather overprepare than underprepare.
>>
>>54551735
It's not that big an issue, and all it really does is let you pressure the players a little more.
>>
>>54552946
Pay them less than you're getting paid, or expand your investments into trade goods? I dunno dude, profit-making in games is pretty easy because who actually has the time to simulate a full-blown realistic economy when there's dungeoneering to be done?
>>
What tips would you recommend for an aspiring tomelock that doesn't want to multiclass and eldritch blast spam every turn?
>>
>>54552946
Become an agent for promising would-be adventurers. Get new jobs for them by speaking with nobles, guild leaders, guard captains, etc, and take an appropriate cut for finding them work. Put that high charisma to work bartering for better deals and network like a motherfucker to find job offers and new candidates.
>>
>>54553359
Just don't multiclass or use EB every turn. Sure it's reliable, and strong, and the simplest choice, but you definitely don't *have* to do it. Grab a strong concentration spell that isn't Hex and another good non-conc spell and actually have fun being a Warlock. What kind are you...?
>>
File: instant dwarf just add mustache.png (237KB, 421x287px) Image search: [Google]
instant dwarf just add mustache.png
237KB, 421x287px
>have all these FE sprites for use as NPC tokens
>dwarves featuring heavily in my campaign
>don't want to edit them all to look like dwarves
>make a mustache sprite and greyscale it
>use roll20's token tinter to match it to NPC's hair
>stick mustache over their face and make them short
>>
>>54553387
I can't decide between a fey or undying
>>
Anyone got any good suggestions for map making tools? Drawing them by hand gets tedious.
>>
>>54551893
>>54552286
>>54552641
There are theoretically non-cleric/monk/paladin orders dedicated to gods. I'm running as one of them playing missionary and spreading the Good Word as a bard. Totally best missionary class, religious bards (outside of multiclass cheese) are retardedly effective. Also get to break out the brewer's kit and start a wine bearing friary business.
>>
File: g_desertcanyon.png (1MB, 896x896px) Image search: [Google]
g_desertcanyon.png
1MB, 896x896px
>>54553421
rpgmaker, my man
>>
>>54553392
That's racist.
>>
>>54553482
It's okay, they're all Mexican Dwarves, and /pol/ tells me Mexican isn't a race.
>>
>>54553421
I remember one anon saying they use ELF Maker for their battlemap needs. They looked good because built-in grids and the stock pixel art is good, but it might not be the style you want.
>>
>>54553448
>>54553421
If you're going to suffer the RPGMaker route, there's a better 3rd party utility called Tiled that is unrelated but makes similar maps if you drop spritesheets in.
>>
>>54553507
>RPG to ELF
What the fuck phone
>>
>>54553359
Um, I hate to break this to you, but that's what tomelocks do. Since you don't want to multiclass or be a hexblade, you are resigning yourself to spamming EB every turn, or at least casting other stuff until you run out of spell slots and then spamming EB. You could technically pick up a different damage cantrip, but why would you?
>>
Name for a Kenku Cleric? I can only really think of ringing church bells
>>
File: Every 5e warlock ever.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Every 5e warlock ever.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>54553359
Jump off a cliff and roll up a proper caster with some actual spell slots instead.
>>
>>54553645
>not having your Kenku introduce himself with a full chorus singing some church-language hymnal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_hymns
>>
>>54553346
Appreciate the help nonetheless
>>
>>54549579
By asking the DM.
>>
So I have short rests as 5 minutes, and champions are left even more in the dirt by battlemaster than before. Is it balanced-ish to give them remarkable athlete + expertise in acrobatics/athletics if they're proficient, at level 3? Then at level 7 another Action Surge.
>>
Preface, I haven't math checked any of this, so I assume in its current state it's horribly broken one way or another. Any suggestions on how to fix this? It's mostly a proof of concept.

Updated Sadist, a Fighter archetype based on combos, momentum, and being a version of battlemaster that focuses on disabling rather than battlefield control. Can be refluffed to tactician, special forces type, or whatever.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJb63wvDLW
>>
>>54553847
Champion is literally the "tutorial" class that you give to new players who don't wana have to track alot of resources or don't understand anything more complicated than "this is how you attack" because they don't know the game mechanics yet.

Anyone who's familiar with how the game work should never be playing Champion.
>>
>>54553847
Six attacks is a bit much.
Make the level 7 Action Surge give them a second bonus action.
Maybe two reactions at all times. Only one can trigger at a time, but if two guys walk away from you in the same round, fuck both of em
>>
>>54549951
please join us in this thread where we tear that idea a new one repeatedly
>>54546067
>>
>>54551893
dang it Dallas, stop playing this character. In fact, stop playing DnD go back to your numenara group.
>>
>>54553847
Seems all-rightish balanced. Not sure about mutliclassing that, though.

>>54553915
You can use only one AS per turn anyway.
>>
>>54550634
Off hand, but I've generally seen it done in two ways:

> You cannot roll lower than your passive perception

This can absolutely mean that some characters are going to be rolling 20 (or higher perception) ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Or

>Passive perception is your general awareness of your environment. It doesn't mean that you can't still fuck up when actively looking for something.

So the character is pretty damned aware of what their surroundings are, and not going to miss much that's passing them by, but if they try to look for something specifically they still may miss it. I kind of prefer this method, but in general, I think active rolls shouldn't be super frequent anyways.

>>54550707
I feel like Viper should give Advantage to monks using their bonus action dodge. Why?
>Dodge Viper.
>>
>>54553847
I'd say yeah, I already run Athlete as Expertise so just give em the extra action surge at 7, why not.
>>
Party are going into an old dungeon protected by the remnants from a lost Elven empire.

I'm not sure what kind of enemies to put inside, though.

I thought about a Beholder having made it his lair, but they already fought one of those...
>>
>>54554113
An ancient elven army who are now ghouls
>>
>>54554133
Elves can't become ghouls, only Ghasts. I think.
>>
Can a character whos wielding a 2h sword cast a spell with somatic component without specifically sheething or dropping the weapon?
It says that the twohandedness only has an effect during an actual attack, so I'd say yes. On the other hand, the warcaster feet implies that it shouldn't be possible and sage advice has multiple contradicting answers.
>>
>>54554155
Ghasts are super-Ghouls. Since Elves can't become Ghasts, it stands that they shouldn't be able to be Ghouls, either. They can still be paralyzed by Ghasts, though, unlike Ghouls.
>>
>>54549982
it was World of Warcraft combat
>>
>>54554181
Yes. You can take a hand off your weapon to manipulate things.
Another instance where the system, RAW, favors two-handers over sword-n-board.
>shields are obviously strapped to the forearm because they have don/doff timers
>but your hand is considered full even though you're not using it to hold the shield
what is this horseshit
>>
>>54554155
>>54554197
Have either of you read the books
The first ghoul was an elf, they're just immune to the paralyzation effect
>>
>>54554219
>implying any nigga who can't be paralyzed by a ghoul is gonna stick around to get turned into one
Simple logic, Anon
>>
>>54554249
Ghouls don't turn non-ghouls into new ghouls, you knob head.
>>
>>54554181
You can just take your hand off of it. Two handed weapons can be carried in one hand, you just need to have both hands on the weapon in order to attack with it.

War Caster letting you attack "while hands are full" is more referring to things like shields (which as >>54554215 points out, the system ends up kind of discouraging), or multiple weapons where you don't want to end up doing the endless 'drop item, cast, pickup item' spam.

War Caster still gives benefit to 2h users though, because it allows the casting as OA, and the advantage on concentration checks.
>>
Halp? I may be in need of advice. Got invited to DnD in Tabletop sim by friend. This is my first game and I never played. I have some surface knowledge, but right now I need to make a charsheet (we'll spend stats at the start) and I'm not sure if I should just roll with it or give some serious thought to it. I'm thinking of druid (we already have 2 fighters and ... thief, I think?)
Reading through Player's Handbook right now.
>>
>>54553915
>>54554046
>>54554111
Thanks for the feedback, for multiclassing a 3 level dip as a martial is probably still better to go battlemaster for, and 7th level is quite far and idk if it's worth sacrificing that much progression for most classes (I guess barb may be viable since they don't get a lot high level but still not something I'd consider a problem). If you just want expertise rogue or bard seem better for that.

>>54553912
While it is true that it's not a big problem to just ignore it, I think it's possible to have it serve as a noob class without making it worse than other options, and having several options there just for noobs pads out the system and makes it more wordy than it has to be, compared to if those options are still viable and good for experienced players. It still may be boring features-wise but some players, even non-noobs, may be fine with that.

I want to avoid anything complex as a result, and another use of an ability they already have as well as a fairly straight forward buff to skills and physical checks doesn't seem too much for a noob but I may simplify Remarkable Athlete to the following:
>You can add your proficiency bonus to initiative rolls as well as to the length you can jump. You also gain proficiency in Acrobatics and Athletics, or expertise if you already have proficiency.
It is just increasing some numbers on the character sheet and a buff to jumping because you can't jump for shit without magic, and it's about strong enough to compete with battlemaster I think.
>>
>>54554181
Warcaster is for people Dual Wielding or Sword'n'Board. Two-handers are fine.

>>54554113
Banshees, Guardian Naga, Monsterous pets such as a Hydra or Wild Fae Dragons, Spirit Elves made by applying undead instead of humanoid to regular elves.

Ancient animated treents with dementia, to the feel of Dreadnaughts from 40k speaking in slyvan or elven.

"Adelie, is that.. you? The secrets of Loren-Dell will not pass my lips.."
"I will hold the door.. Against all.. You shall not...."
"Is it summer already? The winters have been long and cold.."
"Caldorian, you should not have returned..."
"More rats.. More goblins... When will they end?"
>>
>>54554331
>>54554270
>>54554215
thanks
>>
>>54552946
Our adventurering party brokered trade good deals between islands, for a percentage of the the overhead.

You make furniture and need lumber?
These savages want amenities and have no real use for trees?
Badabing, contract signed, money flowing in,
>>
>>54553015
see
>>54552614
>>
>>54550340
I got tired of rolling initiative every round,
so me and the players agreed that i would roll initiative for all planned encounters before each session, making everything a lot smoother.
>>
>>54554133
I will expand onthis idea bear with me
>Some kind of evil shit
>Naga or yuan-ti or something purely demonic
>elves build top levels of dungeon
>they trapped the ancient evil in the dungeon
>a legion of elves swear to guard the dungeon for the rest of eternity
>whatever is down there slowly influenced the elves and now they're all ghouls
>the general is a ghast in elvish platemail and magical shit
>>
>>54554297
Since the players have two fighters, they will be inclined towards short-rests rather than long rests, so Druid or a Warlock would make the better casters.

Druids become immensely strong at low levels, once you hit level 2 you can transform into a Dire Wolf and you'll be far stronger than anyone else in the group, but you don't really get much stronger than that. Your magic is a little meh but ideally you'll be in Wolf-form chowing down and tanking hits. Moon-druid is far stronger than Land-druid until you get very late game, which just gets a few extra spell slots a day compared to awesome wildshape forms that are strong enough to carry the entire team.

I'd reccomend Human Variant, and take Sentinel as your feat. This means when people attack your allies, your wolf-form will attack them for free as a reaction to support, and as this attack happens before theirs if you pull them prone then they will suffer disadvantage to finish their attack.

Warlocks have great DPR with eldrich blast being so reliable, and your bigger spells are twice per short rest rather than 3-5 per long rest which works very well with a group of fighters. There are a lot of ways to take Warlocks but really Eldrich Blast + Utility is the best option. If you want any further advice just ask and I'll try and come up with good suggestions.
>>
>>54554331
The Dread-trees idea is perfect, thank you!
>>
>>54553392
'Tache needs a darker outline.
>>
>>54554404
Hm, I might have to use this in the future.
>>
R8 my items:

Cursed fang of yeenoghu: +3 dagger, once per encounter if an enemy is under 10 hp, the wearer must make a wis saving throw or spend their turn charging them with the dagger drawn until death.

Claw of pouncing: cast jump at will on yourself. First turn of combat you can jump and attack to do 2d6 extra damage and athletics contest to knock the target prone.
>>
>>54554485
>per encounter
"Encounter" isn't really a term used for 5e power and item use.
>>
>>54552985
I'd rather recommend watching Mercer GM so that you get influenced by his ability to describe things really well, than watch his gming videos, because he doesn't really give any especially good advice and is quite bad at some aspects of it. If you're a complete noob I guess they may be useful though. Colville has mostly really good advice, Koebel looks like a grapefruit and is a huge faggot but also gives good advice, sometimes quite specific to how he runs games.
>>
>>54554472
no problem man if you have anything else you need don't be afraid to ask
>>
>>54549916
Some spells are in multiple classes at different levels. So they have the spell lists (just names) separate for each level for each class, and the spell descriptions are in alphabetical order to be used as a reference for everybody (because it would be a waste of paper/ink otherwise)
>>
>>54554485
>once per encounter
how about you read the book before you homebrew.
>>
File: 1500777180240.jpg (320KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
1500777180240.jpg
320KB, 500x572px
>>54554485
>once per encounter
>>
>>54554485
Homebrew Guide
Here's a handy homebrew guide, whether you are making or thinking about using:
If it has more than 2 attacks, is it better than fighter?
If it has two attacks, is it better than Paladin?
Does it have any attack augmentation better than 1d6 per two class levels, FOR ANY ATTACK EVER?
If it is a full caster, is it as or more powerful than a wizard?
Does it use terminology that doesn't exist in 5e?
Did you find it on danddwiki?

If the answer to any of those questions is "Yes" it is shit.

Can you find any reason to NOT play this class (when trying to do what this class does)?

If the answer is no, it is shit.

Bonus: If it's a homebrew spell and it does more damage/lasts longer/has a stronger effect than a spell of it's level it is shit
can the power fantasy/archetype be made with a conceivable 2-class multiclass, using existing or even new homebrew archetypes? If "yes," then do that instead.
>>
>>54554518
>Some spells are in multiple classes at different levels.
They're not really anymore.
>>
>>54554440
I'll probably save Warlock for another day. I was thinking of Forest Gnome just on the basis of roleplay.
>>
>>54554584
>Does it use terminology that doesn't exist in 5e?
Oh fuck off, this one can easily be fixed.
>>
>>54554518
>Some spells are in multiple classes at different levels.
Citation needed.
>>
>>54554605
it's not about how easily it can be fixed, it's that if you can't even get the terminology correct, you aren't competent enough in the rules to be making homebrew.
>>
>>54554584
>can the power fantasy/archetype be made with a conceivable 2-class multiclass
this this this this
I literally have not met a homebrewer that had read halfway through the phb
>>
>>54554600
Depending on how you're feeling about cheese, Ghostwise Halflings have similar RP to forest gnomes, less whimsical and more tribal hunters, and make fantastic druids due to +1Wisdom, Lucky and being able to telepath while in wildshape.

Unfortunately 5e suffers a little from, at least at the early levels, racial minmaxing being required.
>>
>>54554500
>>54554527

Easily replaceable with x times per short rest. Relax. More interested in mechanics analysis.

>>54554584
This is for level 6 so the damage and effect seems reasonable to me.
>>
>>54554588
>>54554607
Sorry, I remembered wrong. But they still would have to be organized by Level and not Class, because Class would have dupes. And having 10 separate alphabetized lists would get confusing. The way they organize them right now is fine unless you don't have a physical book to flip through easily. Let's remember what the intended medium for this is.
>>
File: 1501136223303.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501136223303.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
> Devil's Sight invocation doesn't actually give you darkvision and you need an original source for it to even do anything
>>
>>54554696
>Easily replaceable with x times per short rest. Relax. More interested in mechanics analysis.
When presenting on this board, if you aren't using the proper jargon, we are going to dismiss anything you have to say. The reason for this is that you are not the first person to come in here with incorrect jargon and garbage rules. You're not even the thousandth person to come in here with garbage rules. We are totally and completely fucking sick of seeing it. If you can't put forth the effort to get even the simplest terminology correct, why should we put forth the effort of fixing your mistakes?
>>
>>54554701
I more or less agree. If you play spell caster, you should learn or print your spells anyway.
>>
>>54554738
Wat.
>>
>>54554485
>>R8 my items:

>>Cursed fang of yeenoghu: +3 dagger, once per /short rest/ if an enemy is under 10 hp, the wearer must make a wis saving throw or spend their actions and movement charging them with the dagger drawn until the target dies.

>>Claw of pouncing: cast jump at will on yourself. /2 times per short rest/ on the first turn of combat you can use this jumping ability and attack to do 2d6 extra damage and trigger an athletics contest to knock the target prone if it is one size larger than you or smaller.

Fixed for everyone getting triggered
>>
>>54554696
>+3 weapon
>at level fucking 6
get out 4rrie.
>>
>>54554701
>The way they organize them right now is fine unless you don't have a physical book to flip through easily
That's exactly where it's bad though, you need to have the page with your spell list open as well as looking up spells that are only sorted alphabetically, and you may also want to have open the class page to see how your spellcasting works and how many spells you get and so on. Meanwhile digitally you can just use a program or website to sort them, and even without any of that you can just copy-paste the list and then search to find the different spells in the book just as easily as physically. It's not too hard to find each spell in the book, and it wouldn't solve everything, but sorting them by level would make it much easier.
>>
>>54554811
Did you miss the blatantly suicidal and turn wasting downside
>>
>>54554801
>Claw of pouncing: cast jump at will on yourself. /2 times per short rest/ on the first turn of combat you can use this jumping ability and attack to do 2d6 extra damage and trigger an athletics contest to knock the target prone if it is one size larger than you or smaller.
I'd make this either a strength save on their part (with a set DC), or a shove attempt as a bonus action. If it's a rider it should be a save and if not it should be a separate action.
>>
>>54554738
>You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.
Are you retarded
>>
>>54554738
I don't get it. Are you illiterate, or are you reacting to an illiterate DM?
>>
>>54554801
>>54554839
Honest answer that other people are missing: the real problem here is the disincentive to take short rests.
>>
>>54554738
if your DM ruled this he's a retard. one think to keep in mind though is that devil's sight doesn't give you low-light. so while in pitch black darkness you can see, if someone lights a candle suddenly you're fucked.
>>
>>54554839
The text says they charge them, but charge attacks aren't really a thing in 5e barring the feat, so I like to think that the guy holding the fang just chases the wounded enemy without attacking them.

Just a roided-out hyena demon chasing a dude to death.
>>
>>54554889
>devil's sight doesn't give you low-light. so while in pitch black darkness you can see, if someone lights a candle suddenly you're fucked.
ok that's retarded
>>
>>54554889
I feel like that's an oversight.
>>
>>54554839
Charging a near dead enemy is not "blatantly suicidal" unless that enemy is surrounded by other enemies or the enemy is floating off a cliff
>>
>>54554801
>Claw of pouncing
>jump at will
>twice per short rest
>ability only works on the first turn
How about you tell us what you THINK this item does, because right now, all it does, in reality, is get you 2d6 dam and a shove.

>>54554889
low light vision doesn't exist in 5e, numbnuts.
>>
Stupid question: What is it that Druids do when they don't tend to nature? Mages want knowledge (easy to go from here), Druids want... Nature? And they have their own circles, so they can be self-sufficient from rest of the world, right? I'm assuming our adventure is low-key, so it's possible we'll be simply trying to make some coin. How can I justify him tagging along, especially with a pair of evil-aligned dudes. I want a gnome, but gnomes are good-neutral from what I see. Would True Neutral work in such party?
>>
File: devils.png (15KB, 512x227px) Image search: [Google]
devils.png
15KB, 512x227px
>>54554921
It's not.
>>
>>54554841
Which would you think would be more appropriate? The player uses TWF so I wouldn't mind this being scalable so he doesnt end up with "I use two weapons so I get double the loot". Since he has twf I suppose he can already use his bonus action effectively.
>>
>>54554953
>Devil's Sight is meant to be a useless ability
what a hack
>>
>>54554801
I don't understand why it's a 'once per short rest' thing. 'Once per' tends to be a beneficial thing, not a curse thing - compare this dagger to, say, sword of vengeance, or berserker axe. You've given it a similar curse (without actually giving a DC for the saving throw), that only occurs periodically, as opposed to being a constant thing you deal with. It basically makes it more of a nuisance ability than anything actually cursed. You might even be able to game it, because this item either happens the FIRST time its triggered, or it's decided by DM fiat. Which means you could conceivably just wound a weak enemy, blow the curse, and now you've got a +3 dagger to use normally until you next take a short rest.

Which then you can rinse and repeat by going "Oh, I lightly wound this critter. Oh no. Dagger proc's. Now that's done."

Though, hilariously, since it just triggers by "an enemy being under low health", and not actually any specific *combat* trigger, it would be entertaining to have the character accidentally end up stabbing a wounded enemy to death in a non-combat situation. Or being yanked through a forest in pursuit of an enemy that they didn't realize was there, because it doesn't have a radius or anything like that either.
>>
>>54554889
>if someone lights a candle suddenly you're fucked.
Obviously, because the candlelight will blind you!
>>
>>54554950
what do fighters do when they aren't fighting
what do mages do when they aren't into magic
what do bards do when they aren't fucking monster girls?
>>
File: 1500884153358.jpg (362KB, 1280x847px) Image search: [Google]
1500884153358.jpg
362KB, 1280x847px
How do you divide party loot? I personally jot the stuff we haven't sold yet on a separate piece of paper then equally split the gold
For equipment and whatnot the person who say gets the +2 Axe of Slaying or whatever gets a hit to their cut of the gold
>>
>>54554953
That's... rather interesting take on that. Stupid, but interesting nevertheless.
>>
>>54554801
And yet, the terminology is STILL wrong. There's no such thing as "once per ____." Things recharge.
It should be "you can do [thing] once/twice. All uses return on a [type of rest]."
Which should also demonstrate why negative "per short rest" abilities are wonky in 5e.

>>54554985
Shitposting, apparently.
>>
>>54549573
It looks fine until you get to higher levels to me
It's probably the worst Fighter archetype though
>>
>>54554973
technically it doesn't even trigger against wounded enemies. Any enemy with MAX HP of 10 or less will also trigger it. Imagine a goblin tries to stalk you then you just go into a blind seething rage.
>>
>>54554985
Isn't it more like what does monk in monastery does when he's not training?
>>
Fire themed dungeon coming up, what traps and puzzles are they facing /tg/?
>>
>>54550480
I find its a fringe benefit with Frogetten Realms since we know every square inch of that place
I'm not even the DM but since I have one of those DnD card binders I stuffed full of maps and cheat sheets so the maps help add flavor
Greenest from HotDQ is on there even
>>
>>54555057
Flooding room traps
>>
>>54555033
No. Monasteries are self-sufficient communes. Monks spend a couple hours a day training, tops, because they have to tend the fields, milk the cows, do laundry, cook, write, ferment cheese, sew, cobble, and do a million other things.
Fighters, mages, and bards typically earn money while doing their thing, meaning they buy what they need. They have a lot more downtime than monks.
>>
>>54554959
If he already uses his bonus action for stuff and you're making a magic item specifically for him then make it a DC. It can be a modular DC, like 8+athletics bonus, if you really want that.
>>
>>54554950
Is what ever you're tagging along to deal with in some way going to impact nature?

Are you on a Rumspringa like trip to experience the greater world?

Maybe you're going around collecting samples to bring back to your forest or wherever the hell you live.

Maybe you're going around planting samples of your forest or wherever the hell you live.

Maybe the land you're on is under legal / territorial threat, and you're adventuring to gather money and buy the land so that local lords cannot try to legalese it away from you.

Maybe your land was already claimed, and you're adventuring to gather money to dispute it / to buy it back .etc.etc.

As for evil:

Can just treat it as "nature does not care about an 'evil' act, it's the natural state of a beast to consume others for it self - nature only cares about the perversion of nature." So, if they are going around being a murderhobo, you don't particularly care - things die, it feeds the earth, yadda yadda. What you care about is if they did something that impacts nature, or the natural order of things.

I'm just kind of rolling around thematic ideas though, I've not played a druid or delved deep into them. It might not align with 5e lore.
>>
>>54551142
Battle DEMI Company
>>
>>54552946
Try getting trade goods and running your own caravan
Spices are some hot dicking money
Then build your own trade outpost
>>
>>54553912
I like the idea of the crits
But then Battlemaster got all the fluffy abilities too like the Know Your Enemy thing
>>
>>54554931
It's situational, and you can bet your ass there are going to be situations where it is bad.

The intent here is to have this be a cursed dagger that urges players with "bloodthirsty" impulses. The intent is seeing an enemy wounded in combat, and the urge to kill them with the dagger, putting yourself at risk.

>>54554948
Yeah. That's about it. The guy was torn between bear and tiger totem because he is playing a character inspired in part by wolverine. I wanted to give him something to compromise and that he would like for his character. Jump is a reasonable and weak solution to giving a character more mobility as well.
>>
>>54553912
Sometimes you just want to be a CHAMPION
>>
>>54554219
I remember that vaguely actually
Maybe in the The Complete Elves Handbook or something
>>
>>54555155
>Jump is a reasonable and weak solution to giving a character more mobility as well.
you'd think that, but your max jump distance is capped by your movement speed. The jump spell does not change the cap.
>>
>>54555099
Thanks, this does seem more of a bio thing, so I'll probably ask DM on the scope of campaign some time after.
>>
>>54555001
I've somehow ended up being the dude in charge of party inventory OOC, while another character who has a bag of holding is the one who is in charge of it IC; I personally just divide everything into equal shares, and let people argue for the 'right' to whatever loot.

Getting items doesn't affect their shares, but we've had people negotiate to offer their shares to the rest of the party if they can get an item.

>>54555030
I love it. "As you sneak through the brush, you suddenly find yourself in a seething rage. As you come back to your senses, you've buried your dagger through the neck of a goblin, and are surrounded by eight more."

I just personally love the idea of a dude accidentally going on a murder spree in a hospital. Still, this trigger is kind of silly.

>>54555155
Are you triggering the dagger, or does it just trigger the first time they come across an enemy with 10 HP or less?

I feel like you're far better off making it like the berserker axe or the sword of vengeance - it shouldn't be a one off thing that recharges, it should be a "this is a constant effect".

Hell, if you really want to play up the cursed side of it, make it a constant effect while the dagger is on the person, and it gives a stacking increase to the DC as you attack with it. So, yes, you have a monstrously powerful +3 dagger (I believe you said its a low level campaign), but using it makes you increasingly more likely to go into a rage. 'Great' if you're against a single enemy you want to do kill, but you lose yourself in the fight and may create situations that are unhelpful.
>>
>>54555236
>Still, this trigger is kind of silly.
plus it has no range or sight requirements, as written, the second they handle it they have to save against just running after the nearest weak thing with ill intent. Which I find hilarious.
>>
>>54555001
First 20% of the total GP (in coins) is added to the party savings pouch
The rest is then split evenly amongst us, what can't be split evenly goes into the savings pouch as well.
Items can be anted and bid for, the pot is split among the ones who do not get the item
>>
>>54555001
We throw it around ourselves in the tavern, have a great night whoring and drinking, and then go back to adventuring because gold doesn't do shit.
>>
>>54555458
>and then go back to adventuring because gold doesn't do shit.
Why do you adventure if you don't give a shit about gold
>>
>>54555188
He is also a barb so I think he should be able to get some good jumps off with unarmored movement
>>
File: 1501103176207.png (113KB, 355x187px) Image search: [Google]
1501103176207.png
113KB, 355x187px
Ok so based off the information in my pic, would i be right in assuming that if I gave a goliath or bugbear or any other race with powerful build a large creatures weapon then it could do the double roll damage without disadvantage due to being able to carry twice his body weight?
>>
>>54555510
For the greatest reward of all anon
Adventure
>>
>>54555522
No. That shit is precisely what Powerful Build is meant to avoid.
>>
>>54555530
Gold is literally half of adenture you cock head
>>
>>54555522
No, they would still have disadvantage. On the other hand, a goliath barbarian with a Large weapon could Reckless Attack all day.
>>
>>54555534
Exactly this.
I don't understand the mentality of people who see an ability that could be interpreted in a broken way, and instead of thinking "no wait, that can't be the intention" instead think "how can I exploit this?"
>>
>>54555517
no more so than his normal movement, though. It's good for avoiding terrain but it's still his max movement at best.
>>
>>54554331
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcfLgBfEsI
>>
>>54555510
I asked an ex-party member that and the best they could come up with was 'to help people because he had a rich family background'.
>>
File: man found beaten to death.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
man found beaten to death.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>54555530
>>
>>54555563
So could a halfling one
>>
>>54549535
so there was a mermaid thread yesterday and i am inspired to run a underwater campaign. i need to pick a system. pathfinder has a bunch of neat stuff for underwater campaigns and underwater races, one of them just released this week. what does 5e have?
>>
>>54555658
reminds me of HotDQ
Granted this is my DM's version so I'm not sure if they're like this in the books
Basically they kept sending us on dangerous missions after we saved all the townsfolk then tried charging extra for all their shit
EXTRA. We just fucking saved your wife you prick
>>
>>54555701
One aquatic race, if you don't count lizardmen
Swim speeds
Two spells for breathing or walking on water
A rule that says Fire damage is halved underwater
The quality of not being Pathfinder
>>
>>54555731
>>54555701
also druids are banned forever from shifting into shit that can swim or fly
>>
File: ThisIsYourBrainOnPathfinder.png (233KB, 501x498px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsYourBrainOnPathfinder.png
233KB, 501x498px
>>54555522
>>54555571
>>
>>54555236
I'll try to remodel it after those when I finalize it. Tbh I didn't think everyone was going to be so triggered over syntax when I am mostly trying to convey a concept. I like your ideas and the stacking dc though. Thanks.

>>54555580
Yeah. The jump is more of a ribbon than anything to give the weapon a feel of someone jumping around the battlefield pouncing on to enemies. The intent is not to boost his movement speed, only his attack.
>>
>>54555731
>>54555763
well fuck. i think 5e is the better system, but fuck it has almost NOTHING on merfolk and stuff?
>also druids are banned forever from shifting into shit that can swim or fly
jesus... wasnt that the whole point?
>>
>>54554839
What blatantly suicidal and turn wasting downside? It fails the bag of rat test (although that one is more intended for "vampiric" items). Once per short rest, pull a rat out of bag, stab it, curse no longer bothers you.

Not to mention, per default, there's no way to tell how many HP the enemy has.
>>
>>54555731
There's also the aquatic half-elf variant on top of tritons
>>54555763
If by banned forever you mean banned until level 4 for swimming then 8 for flight
>>
>>54555817
druids can totally shift into swimming/flying things just not til like 8+
>>
>>54555763
>>54555817
No idea what anon is talking about, druids can swim at level 4 and fly at level 8.
>>
How would you equip a 6th level wizard? We are allowed to have a rare item, of which a pick a Daern's Instant Fortress. Apart from that, I assume 6th lvl starting gold.

How do I expend that? Frosty stuff is cool.
>>
>>54554889
Of course it doesn't give you low-light vision, because there's no such thing in 5e.

He's true, however, that it doesn't give you darkvision either: Darkvision causes you to see in darkness as in dim light (disadvantage on Perception) and in dim light as in normal light. Devil's Sight causes you to see normally in darkness, but doesn't do anything about dim light.

According to JC, that's (retarded) intent: http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/11/18/devils-sight-vision/
>>
What the hell happens to the exp thresholds after 11? Only 15k for level 12?
And yes we all know milestones blah blah blah, my players requested we use exp so that's what we use. I do give exp for shit like quests and other shit, not just for killing things so it's almost the same.
>>
>>54555894
Remember: if there are monsters and the party talks them down, or sneaks by them, or fights them but lets them live, they should get full experience.
As for your actual question, the math probably works if you look at the exp values for higher-CR monsters.
>>
>>54555866
For a wizard the only things you'd really need gold for are material components
>>
File: Black Dragon.jpg (70KB, 551x400px) Image search: [Google]
Black Dragon.jpg
70KB, 551x400px
Long story short my players have become aware that a black dragon expects them to deliver a legendary magic item to him, and if they don't he'll definitely attack them.

Through clever scrying they also discovered that this dragon has a twin brother and, despite obviously not wanting to face two adult dragons at once (they're level 10), they still seem intent on bringing the fight to the dragon rather than waiting (which is probably my fault for giving them one in-game month to deliver).

Now they are planning to convince their rival party to come help defeat the dragon twins. As awesome as that would be, it would likely mean a clusterfuck with up to 10 PCs, two adult dragons dragons and their legendary actions plus their minions.

Is there any way to make this work, or should I just have the second party fight one of the dragons off-screen?
>>
>>54555943
My understanding is that unless the spell says they destroy the components you don't need a stock of them
>>
>>54555281
Well, the OP did say that it is possibly suicidal. It's not his fault that the nearest weak enemy happened to be in the middle of the ocean.
>>
>>54554950
Druids can have normal motivations. You might want to help people, you might be a greedy bastard looking for power.

Also, druids tend to represent balance as well as nature. If you've ever played an SMT game, druids represent the "fuck off angels and demons, I like the world the way it is" position. A druid might care for a particular region of nature, they could just easily roam around advancing their cause in the courts of kings or sniffing out cults, aberrations and signs of the natural balance going awry.
>>
>>54555510
Being able to spend lavishly is a reward in and of itself. It's not like everyone who comes into money invests it smartly, they may be adventurers because they want to do exactly that - live a life of liquor and whores, until they are broke again and need to hit some dungeons.
>>
>>54555959
I'm not saying you're going to be going broke or anything. There just isn't really anything else you can really get out of gold that will directly improve your ability in a fight after that. 5e in general doesn't really give players a ton of things to do with their gold
>>
>>54555777
What it comes down to is you presented an item with stats. Syntax becomes important than. If you came as "hey /tg/ I am thinking of having an item that functions thematically like this, what would you do / what do you think / how would you do it" *without actually presenting mechanics*, people are going to respond better. Because it's building it ground up.
>>
>>54555707
Was that in Greenest? Cause if so, your DM fucked up. The module explicitly says
>Any gear or supplies the characters need for the trip are furnished by the town.
>>
>>54556020
Hey there's always strongholds
Which is my fetish but other players seem indifferent to them mostly
>>
>>54554970

It's far from useless given it still lets you see dark areas including magical darkness clearly, but 5e is built around the idea that nothing should always be the right answer.
>>
>>54556085
I really doubt they're as indifferent as you think. One of the easiest things to get players to agree on in RPGs is going in on building shit like that.
>>
>>54555817
In terms of races if I was running one I'd want to refluff stuff anyway and then you can just take the normal ones and give them swim speed and water breathing. A bunch of abilities and such would suck because you have disadvantage on attacks with non-piercing weapons and stuff but you can refluff weapons and ignore that too. Basically you're gonna have to refluff races and monsters, as well as some small stuff like weapons and maybe spells, but you do half of that for any setting anyway IME.
>>
Here's some origin spells to make sorcerers less shit:
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ByWyLgnD8-

Any feedback appreciated.
>>
>>54553712
they can't do voices. Otherwise they would talk in quotes not sound effects.
>>
>>54556220
Bug: stone sorcerer summon air elementals.

I kinda like it.
>>
>>54556256
Does anyone have that ridiculous Adventurer's League paragraph where the kenku introduces himself and does nonsensical sound effects between sentences?
>>
File: what.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>54555555
>>
File: kenkuquotes.png (64KB, 317x101px) Image search: [Google]
kenkuquotes.png
64KB, 317x101px
>>54556256
That's exactly what they do, Anon. They're not lyrebirds. If a Kenku went to church and heard a choir singing a hymn, he could go around and introduce himself as "Agnus Dei" with the voice of 20 women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBoiW460nU
>>
>>54556302
Presumably they've spent their life not living in total isolation, and would have many other phrases and sounds to communicate in. It would just be in all different tones, pitches, voices, and noises.
>>
>>54556323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-QXM7g51k#t=0m28
Basically The Machine before it picked a normal voice.
>>
>>54556302
>Kenku can perfectly replicate the sound of a Bard insulting people and playing the lute at the same time
>can't achieve any of the effects
bullshit
>>
>>54555817
there's a water elf race in... Volos? I think it's volos.
Use them. There's also Kuatoa and Bullywugs if you don't mind animal-people.

If you only want npcs, there's sahuagin too.
>>
>>54556408
Bard music is magical, it's not just about roasting someone so hard they get stabbed in the brain. It's even stated in the description of Vicious Mockery

>You unleash a string of insults laced with subtle enchantments at a creature you can see within range
>>
>>54555943
you can have your bird familiar drop acid and alchemist fire flasks, as well as bags of caltops and ball bearings.

Also, gold is good for buying and scribing new spells.
>>
>>54551142
The Drizztgraceds
Men at Work Down Under
>>
>>54556434
>Kenku perfectly mimics the subtle enchantments and magical motions
>nothing happens
B U L L S H I T
>>
>>54556020
>There just isn't really anything else you can really get out of gold that will directly improve your ability in a fight after that.
Buy a +1 focus dumby. May take a while to find a dealer but they're not that rare or expensive.
>>
>>54556020
>>54556085
Yeah, a mercenary army is kind of fight-improving.
>>
>>54556302
it's expressly stated in their bestiary entry they can't talk. It's a major part of their whole backstory, that and the removal of flight and creative thought.
>>
>>54556452
if he was mimicing the enchantments (not just saying the words mind you there's more too it than that) then he would be casting the spell.

Speaking of, how would a kenku wizard work? they can't verbal components.
>>
>>54556441
>Bird familiar drop acid

Well that will make one hell of a strange time when I decide to share their senses.
>>
>>54556483
Anon, I just showed you their playable race entry in Volo's. They cannot talk IN THEIR OWN VOICES, because they don't have one. They can, however, string little snippets of others' sentences together to form whatever they want. Don't gimme this "expressly stated" shit when that paragraph EXPRESSLY STATES:
>can perfectly mimic any sound they hear, from a halfling's voice
>use a combination of overhread phrases

a. Kenku (could) talk like. this, [using] THE (words or phrases) from. several. DIFFERENT [speakers].
>>
>>54551572
>>54551632
>>54551704
Absolutely don't talk about the Cragmaw Castle when they're in the Hideout. The players will ignore everything and go straight there and the campaign is over in a blink.
>>
>>54556501
Verbal components would conceivably be the same every time; ergo they would only ever need to have heard / seen someone perform it. Presumably this was part of their tutelage.

Wonky thing being when they level up and learn new spells. But this can be hand waved as they've seen these, but never been able to actually *use* them.

Or when they go to a major city, they are taught and can mimic.
>>
>>54556501
Verbal components can be whatever the fuck you want, they're not specific to the spell unless the spell requires an order in it (like Command).

A Kenku, over the course of its apprenticeship, would totally have heard enough people saying enough magic words to be able to replicate what he needs. The problem would be finding scrolls of very strange spells or ascending to a level where he can cast shit of a level he's never heard before, in which case he'd just have to write down the words and pay some townsfolk to say them a lot so he can YakBak it later.
>>
>>54556530
It's a combination of phrases and sounds, not a combination of different phrases to make a sentence. They can speak with mimic, but they can never change a phrase as they aren't creative enough to.
>>
>>54556595
Stop being a fucking retard. If Kenku were that dull, they would die every time they entered combat.
>can't stab this goblin because I've never seen someone stab something that short before
>oh shit i'm holding a spear and I've never seen anyone use a spear before
>man, i've never seen an attack like that be dodged by someone before, i have literally no idea how to move my body to avoid it
>never seen someone feed a healing potion to their downed comrade so I guess I'm just gonna stand here and stare at this goblin I still can't stab
>>
Dictionaries have existed for over 4 thousand years. If you have a kenku in your party and don't buy a dictionary to read for him every night you should consider finding another hobby.
>>
>>54556595
They're literally an avian soundboard. Even if you hold that they can't string together a sentence, they could absolutely

Use.
One phrase.
Per.
Sentence.
In a different.
Voice.
Each time.
And talk like.
This.

It's different sentences, so it skirts your stupid and wrong interpretation!

>>54556666
You have to read the dictionary to them. There's no benefit if they read it themselves. They can only mimic what they've HEARD.
>>
>>54556687
Ain't you an illiterate faggot.
>>
>>54555949
bump
>>
>>54556275
Fixed, thank you.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13551226
SETTLE YOUR BIRD ARGUMENTS ONCE AND FOR ALL
>>
>>54556639
>>54556687
>Lets add a race cursed to never speak
>yeah but lets make it so they can speak fully tho, but it will just sound funny ;^)
>>
>>54556839
> May never speak in their own voice

They cannot speak in their own voice or fly, despite being "able to". That's their curse, and what they endeavor to regain. It's also going to affect you're interactions with others when you create garbled cacophonies of voices, and may be unsettling if you start to recognize voices among the mix.
>>
>teach your Kenku German
>never have a problem communicating complex thoughts again
>>
>>54556302
>If a Kenku went to church and heard a choir singing a hymn, he could go around and introduce himself as "Agnus Dei" with the voice of 20 women.

Now you need a sibling kenku that calls itself 'Baba Yetu' and you've got yourself a story
>>
>>54555949
let the players get over their heads but tell them the risk
>>
Idiot proof this idea for me

I'm running death house, but I'm replacing the Shambling Mound with a beholder zombie

Same CR, but I want to tweak the story so that Lorgoth (i.e the Mound) is actually Walter Durst, and this monstrosity is what happened to the stillborn baby at the hand of the cult.

Does it work, or having my level 2 party fighting the Shambling abortion monster a little heavy handed?
>>
>>54556984
I'm more concerned with myself getting in over my head with a massively complicated battle, to be honest.
>>
>>54555949
>Gave them a month

The dragon lied.

(because some new villainous NPC from a precious adventure heard of the party's situation and got into his head)
>>
Hey so newfag here
Been playing a small custom campaign that my friend had put together for us once a week for about a month now. DM told us at our current pace we have about 2 weeks left and asked if anyone else wanted to try their hand at being DM the session after we're done.

I've had this cool idea for one I've been building the story, lore, bbeg, and world for since week 1 but I don't have access to any of the books to help me make the world a reality in the games rule set

So basically which books are required for DMing a custom campaign? I just don't want to screw up
>>
File: this-is-not-fine-001-dae9d5.png (165KB, 800x815px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-not-fine-001-dae9d5.png
165KB, 800x815px
>>54555057
The party fights some fire elementals in a room that is beginning to burn. Every round in combat at initiative count 20 they take fire damage, which heals the elementals. Starting at 1, then 2, then 4, then 8, then 16, etc. They're on the clock and it puts a lot of pressure on not wasting your turn. As soon as the elementals are defeated the door opens and the party can escape.
>>
>>54557192
The PHB is essential. The Monster Manual is practically essential, unless you're homebrewing all of your monsters (which you should NOT do as a newbie). The DMG is very useful for the magic items in it, but everything else in there isn't really necessary for beginner campaigns (plane lore, alternate rules, guidelines for homebrewing, etc.). Volo's Guide to Monsters is pretty cool as it has a bunch of monsters that aren't in the MM, but it isn't necessary.

> I just don't want to screw up
Four important pieces of advice:
- Read the PHB all the way through. Twice.
- Plan things out, but leave certain things loose in case the players don't do things the way you expect.
- If you have to make a ruling on the spot, just make a call and move on. If it ends up being the wrong decision, tell your players after the session that you've changed your mind for the future. The important thing is to keep the game from coming to a halt from indecision.
- Lastly, TALK TO YOUR PLAYERS. This can solve 99% of all of your problems. If one of your players is having a problem, talk to them and find out what is wrong and how to fix it. If you're having a problem with one of your players, talk to them about it. If a player is being problematic and won't communicate or grow up, you may have to boot them.

If you want more tips and have a lot of time to kill, look up Matt Colville's "Running the Game" series on YouTube.
>>
>>54557192
>>54557372
I'm going to basically second this. Read PHB for all the rules and INTENT OF RULING so you can get a sort of general feel for how things should be.

Get DMG and Monster Manual for the tables/info dumps.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>54557372
>Matt Colville
My guy
>>
>>54557420
>>54557372
thanks guys i really appreciate it
I'm gonna try my hardest to make this enjoyable for my players
>>
>>54557523
That's the perfect attitude for a DM. Good luck!
>>
>>54557192
If you check the trove, you'll find the PHB, DMG, AND MM. Those are the three books you can download that will tell you all the relevant information you'll need.
>>
>>54556453
>they're not that rare or expensive
Depends entirely on the DM. In my games, for example, this would not be true.
>>
>>54556299
Biggest waste of digits I've seen this year
>>
>>54557863
>>
NEW THREAD
>>54557863
>>54557863
>>54557863
>>54557863
>>
>>54557942
That's better, good job
>>
>>54558037
I'm a different person. I'm also the one who asked the new thread question.
Even when I don't make the thread, I make the thread. >.<
>>
>>54558089
Well good job anyway anon
I was about to make the new thread myself but I always take too long to find a decent image for the OP
>>
>>54552985
Web DM is two guys who talk about several concepts regarding DnD, they will open your mind up to using environments and monsters in interesting ways with narrative value
>>
>>54549535
How do I make a single class champion viable? I'm starting at level 9.
>>
>>54558944
maybe ask your question in the new thread you fucking retard >>54557863
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.