[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>always start off with some character in mind, working towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

>always start off with some character in mind, working towards being as close to them as possible
>waiting to say a famous line of theirs when the opportunity presents itself for the meme.
>made a sorcerer back in high school and begged the GM to let me have a parrot familiar
>used a raven as a base and gave him common so I could do a loud parrot voice for funny banter
>specialized in divination and enchantment
>bought bronze snake staffs to charge with charm spells and shit
>would mysteriously leave camp constantly
>party eventually finds out I'd been searching for a particular magical artifact away from the regular game privately with the GM
>convince them that our rogue is the only one who can help me get it, promise to reward him if he does
>track it down with him off on the side of our primary missions
>eventually arrive at a dungeon and fight our way through
>last room has a trapped djinn as loot
>rogue snatches it and we run away instead of fighting a gang of gargoyles
>cast hold person just before making it out the entrance
>rogue's player calls me a bastard, says IC "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"
>"Giving you your reward!...Your ETERNAL REWARD"!
>table looses their shit
>return to camp without rogue
>say he died saving me
>they believe me because my charisma is autistically high
>most ironic part was the djinn got left behind

Going to be playing a 3.5 campaign soon for the first time in years and our GM is restricting us to the SRD for character creation.
Quickly, somebody please help me develop a plan to become Aku, I want my end game to be the exact same joke but I'm rusty as fuck and don't have enough time to plan this very well.
Help an anon with a golden opportunity, /tg/, please.
>>
File: cat_depression.png (68KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
cat_depression.png
68KB, 500x380px
>>54538975
>I am an asshole That Guy, help me come up with a plan to betray my party and ruin the game for everyone else.

A thread died for this shit.
>>
>>54538975
You cunt. I feel bad for whoever has the displeasure of playing a game with you, or even interacting with you regularly.
>>
did the rogue at least escape and win a princess' love thanks to the jinn?
>>
So basically you made a Disney villain character and killed a party member. You're kind of an asshole
>>
>>54538975
>SRD
So that means access to the Unearthed Arcana Wizard Variant classes, and also the Forgotten Realms help SRD?
you'll be fine.
>>
>>54538975

Seems like a bad idea to be a dick to someone in your party for the sake of a shitty joke. It's a good way to get kicked out of a play group.

OP should stick to single-player video games and avoid pissing in the other players' cornflakes if they want to be antisocial.
>>
>>54539154
>>54539206
>ruin the game for everyone else

Those games were a fucking blast and everyone laughed at shit like this.
Our group loves in-fighting.
Kinda creates this meta-drama when we aren't playing together, makes it that much more fun. Same feeling you get playing Risk, the whole fun of it is knowing you'll either annihilate your buddies or you'll have some crazy shenanigans pulled on your ass.
My Jafar character eventually got bamboozled himself by the party's barbarian who had been pretending to help him overthrow the king.
We had a mutual interest in getting him because I wanted power and he wanted revenge over his home village being pillaged by the king's paladins.
I charmed our way into the throne room and had the barbarian guard the doors for when it all wore off.
When I went up to the king with my long-winded pre-written spiel about his foolishness, the barbarian charged and killed me.
I couldn't fight back in time because of some resistance scrolls he'd been hoarding behind my back.
Then he went off on how he'd die to protect the king, pledging his allegiance and everything in front of the guards bursting in to figure out what the fuck was happening.
They ended up believing him and he spent several sessions as the king's royal trusted guard. Shit was so cleanly executed I even helped him get the throne when the time came with the goblin thief I re-rolled out of respect.
I can see why this wouldn't be fun for other groups, but it's almost a tradition to backstab each other in my group if it's clever or funny.
>>
File: 1457072436265.jpg (183KB, 656x425px) Image search: [Google]
1457072436265.jpg
183KB, 656x425px
>>54539610
>Shit that didn't happen, and by the way everyone else's groups are inferior to my imaginary one
>>
>>54538975
Is this at least a far future or not!japan centric campaign?

Build an orc sorcerer who wears long black robes with gaudy pauldrons and uses their crab familiar as a hat. Slowly accumulate spells for shape-shifting while specializing in and boosting sonic cone and fire ray attacks. See if GM is cool with your magic being a little snowflakey but add to it a bit finicky so as to come off as humble, example being fire rays are cast from your eyes instead of your hands but due to this your eyebrows appear aflame for quite awhile afterwards. I think there's a feat to remove somatic components to spells in srd if necessary to adjust for casting without hands or while shifted.

That's about the best you can do without GM fiat outright making you the secret big villain the whole time.
>>
>>54539734
Adding, if GM agrees to make you secret Aku, you must play a woman.
>>
>>54538975
First things first. Is your party okay with this?
Secondly, does the Rogue have it coming?
Thirdly, are you absolutely sure you want to do this? Fourth, I'm not sure you CAN become a SHAPESHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS via SRD.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.