[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://investor.games-workshop.com /2017/07/25/retirement-o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

https://investor.games-workshop.com/2017/07/25/retirement-of-tom-kirby-as-non-executive-chairman/
Games Workshop Group PLC (“Games Workshop” or the “Company”) today announces that Tom Kirby has advised the board of his intention to retire as a director of the Company with effect from the conclusion of the Company’s Annual General Meeting on 13 September 2017. He will not seek re-election as a director of Games Workshop thereafter. In the interests of continuing the smooth transfer of power and responsibility to the new executive board team, following the AGM, Tom will be appointed a consultant to the Company for a period of 12 months.
Nick Donaldson will become non-executive chairman of Games Workshop on Tom Kirby’s retirement. Nick has been a non-executive director of Games Workshop since April 2002.

As non-executive chairman one of Nick’s key responsibilities will be to lead a review of the composition of the Company’s board and to set in motion a process to appoint new non-executive directors of the Company.
>>
Ok, so Kirby is on his way out. We know anything about this Nick character?
>>
>>54534573
>Nick Donaldson
N J Donaldson (age 62). Nick Donaldson was appointed to the board on 18 April 2002. A barrister by profession, Nick is a partner of London Bridge Capital Partners LLP. Nick was, until 2003, head of corporate finance at Arbuthnot Securities Limited and previously held senior investment banking positions at Robert W Baird Limited and at Credit Lyonnais Securities. He is chairman of DP Poland PLC and a director of The Fulham Shore plc.
>>
>>54534573
>non-executive chairman
who cares?
>>
>>54534545

So are we supposed to be exited or worried by this?
>>
>>54535929
that is what we are trying to find out right now
>>
>>54535929

Less kirby could hardly be bad.
>>
>>54535982

I thought we liked Kirby? Or was that a different guy. I honestly can't remember since i've never really given a shit. I just remember that they got a new guy a while back and people were happy about that.
>>
>>54536033
Kirby is the old guy.

The New guy was the head of Forgeworld who salvaged the AoS project and forcefed playtesting into 8th
>>
>>54536137

So wait, if there was a new guy and Kirby was the old guy, and neither of those guys is this guy, what the fuck is going on? I am so confuse. How could there be new guy if old guy is only now getting ready to leave? Did i get a bad batch from my source or are you guys fucking with me?
>>
>>54535929
Hardly. A non-exec chairman doesn't have managerial powers. He'll basically present the CEO's (Rountree) plans to the directors who represent the shareholders.

The only thing I'd be interested in is if Nick has a good relationship with Rountree because that would help smooth over the running of the company and also ensure that more of Rountree's plans go through since it seems like he has his head screwed on. However, I doubt that's information we'll ever be privy to.
>>
>>54536033
Kevin Rountree is the current CEO, and he's apparently good. Kirby's been the CEO since 1991 and was finally told to fuck off by the board of directors after their stock collapsed in 2014. He's hung around as chairman since, but now he's stepping down entirely.
>>
>>54534545
I mean, at least we can count on GW continuing to fuck over its customers regardless of staff
>>
>>54536976
yeah, but maybe they use lube this time
>>
>>54536033
Kirby is the reason for literally all the bad stuff that GW has been doing in the last decade. He's out of touch and thought they're "model" company, not games.
>>
>>54534740
What a weird career this dude has had
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.