[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT settings that will NEVER get the proper Cinematic treatment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0671.png (1MB, 883x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0671.png
1MB, 883x636px
Post settings/games/stories that will never be properly represented in film. Stories that got made into absolute shit movies or shows also apply
>>
File: Seraphoning this thread.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Seraphoning this thread.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
Dune, maybe.
Halo.
Elder Scrolls.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
File: torg old.jpg (39KB, 302x400px) Image search: [Google]
torg old.jpg
39KB, 302x400px
Hey, if they can make Watchmen and Dune into movies, anything's possible.

I'd like to see TORG done as a multi-genre, EVERYTHING AND THE KITCHEN SINK setting.

Also Rifts, except fuck Siembieda for his craziness and shitty treatment of freelancers. I don't want that asshole becoming a millionaire (again).
>>
He will never get the treatment he deserves, fox is just gonna shit out another forgettable flop to spite marvel instead of giving the characters over to people who would at least make it enjoyable to watch
>>
File: IMG_1363.jpg (67KB, 417x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1363.jpg
67KB, 417x485px
>>54500666
Forgot pic
>>
File: b4f.jpg (213KB, 785x693px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
213KB, 785x693px
>>54500521
>>
>>54500521
You got best Warhammer videogame ever that will show every playable tabletop faction and more.
>>
>>54500521
Pretty much only Lord of the Rings and Lord of the Rings only was the one that got a proper treatment. No other, prove me wrong.
>>
>>54500751
And yet it's Attila engine shit. BotET is miles better and free if you have Med2.
>>
>>54500758
ASOIAF got a shit tv show sounds like proper representation to me.
>>
File: Soul drinkers vs dark eldar.png (3MB, 1398x930px) Image search: [Google]
Soul drinkers vs dark eldar.png
3MB, 1398x930px
>>54500521
Warhammer 40k
Warhammer Fantasy
Halo
I heard that the guy who made the district 9 movies is checking out warhammer 40k since he's been asked so much
>>
Discworld. UK cartoons and 1-2 live action films don't count.
>>
>>54500965
Neill Blomkamp (I think) is the guy that did District 9. He was going to do a Halo movie but it got scrapped, and I've heard that Elysium, with a giant ring in the sky, was a nod to that lost project.
I've also heard he's only doing small-time, independent short films with the studio he just opened. But maybe if that takes off we could get a proper WH40k cinematic experience.

Hell if Warcraft can get a movie I bet 40k could.
>>
File: Frazetta-Conan.jpg (115KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
Frazetta-Conan.jpg
115KB, 1024x819px
>Know, oh Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars.
>Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.
>>
File: dreadlady.jpg (504KB, 1044x792px) Image search: [Google]
dreadlady.jpg
504KB, 1044x792px
>>54500925
>BotET is miles better
>>
>>54501070
1982 movie is finest fantasy movie made.
>>
I hate that Midnight got a shitty, mexican vampire level short film years ago.
>>
>>54501175
I pretty much agree with that, but it's still not enough. It's still not a 'proper' representation without more and better.
Conan still has earned more than that film.
>>
>>54500521
Some stories need to just stay in their lanes. There's no need to turn something into a film if it already works fine in its own medium.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.