[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /tg/, it's me, Mel Movie Executive, the richest movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Okay /tg/, it's me, Mel Movie Executive, the richest movie executive in world. How rich am I? I brought this infinite void to have this meeting in.

Anyway, I've been hearing good things about this Warhammer 40,000 game. I wanna turn it into a cinematic universe, something to compete with that Star Wars bullshit Disney's got.

So I brought the rights this morning and I want you to turn this 40k thing into a movie.

Pitch me your idea for a Warhammer 40,000 movie. Go, you got 30 seconds.
>>
>>54496535

Been said before.

Eisenhorn trilogy with Liam Neeson as lead.

Good film for fans, and plebs can probably understand it enough as a jumping in point.
>>
>>54496535
creating new characters mary suish enough to survive multiple movies in 40k is bad
adapting existing stories will result in nerd rage and disappointment
creating new stories with already existing characters is fanfiction tier

the cinematic universe will need to be formed by roughly independent stories and characters
actual events and characters in the background will have to be mentioned or somehow visible "as if happening in another room, but visible through the glass"
the plots for the various films must not have consequences, even just potential ones, as far as the main narrative of the setting is concerned
bad ends are a very valid option
>>
>>54496535
I don't know what it's got to be about, I'd probably just adapt a Space Marine story, but it has to be entirely animated.
>>
>>54496535
Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM
Those books are made for this.
>>
>>54496535
Either this >>54496567
Or a Horus Heresy trilogy, I'd say
>>
>>54496535
Horus Heresy Trilogy. People love trilogies, right? Incorporate the fall of the Elgar and rise of the Mexrons in there
>>
Inquisitor with a quirky retinue travels the stars learning the values of tolerance and friendship.
>>
>>54496535
Not gonna happen chief, I hope you kept a receipt because 40 is shit and cannot compete with those properties. Just get yourself a refund on this turd and look for something actually marketable to anyone but the market equivalent of battered housewives.
>>
Look at every major sci-fi, fantasy or space opera movie that has come out recently that wasn't Capeshit, Star Wars or LotR, they tend to bomb miserably. Jupiter ascending, John Carter, Valerian, Enders Game, etc. Avatar was the sole exception but that's because at the time it was still playing with a fresh concept.

A 40k movie would bomb horribly, just like a Dune movie. Hollywood isn't taking that kind of risk just to pander to a crowd that will probably hate what they put out anyways.
>>
>>54496567
>>54497704
>>54499798
>launching the 40k movie franchise with non-space marines
That's like starting off Star Wars with Rogue one or starting off the MCU with agents of shield. No one wants to be introduced into a universe by the boring side characters
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.