[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Every couple of thousand years the world ends as we know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>Every couple of thousand years the world ends as we know it
>The tales of these world shattering events are after a while remembered only as creation myths
>The human race has been around for a couple of these events but have only been the dominant species of the world since the last one
>Before the last apocalypse, orcs ruled the world
>The dwarven race sought shelter from a previous apocalypse by building what's essentially huge nuclear shelters in the mountains
>They were completely forgotten about until they resurfaced sometime shortly after the last time the world ended
>At about the same time the elves landed with their spaceships
>They sought to shelter themselves among the stars even before the Dwarves were around
>Turns out you can't

I was bored, /tg/. Feel free to flesh it out or whatever.
>>
>>54495314

>now a plucky gang of criminals might be the last hope of humanity against the oncoming doom
>and doomsday is tomorrow and you still don't have a date to the prom!

Also I'd replace spaceships with time/space warping fairy castles. They are more metal.
>>
>>54495314
Could work as a sort of Fallout meets Ragnarok.

The world goes in cycles of life and death. All are bound to it, humans and gods. This cycle at least one group of humans got technologically advanced enough to at least attempt to survive it by making valt-Tec style shelters.

Fimbulwinter is well and truly established now. On the surface every thing that can't survive in ice is long since dead. On land that's just some red algae and some very slow worms. There might be something still going on in the sea under the ice but the coast is a long way away from the shelter and the ice is very thick.

It's been a few thousand years and the Shelter is breaking down. Fimbulwinter is still in full strength.

This particular problem is the generator and spare parts have long since run out. Searching through the historical records you think there might be an answer. 30 miles away in ancient days there was a city. More importantly there was a necropolis for the nobility and a power station.

The power station might have the parts you need, maybe preserved by the constant -30°C daytime temperatures.

Alternatively it is on record that Thor was buried in the Necropolis. Presumably with his hammer. His infinite lightning hammer. You might be able to rig something up to harness that with what you have left if you can rob his grave.

The snow is not uninhabited. Strange and terrible things now dwell on the ice at the end of the world.
>>
>>54495314
I think you may have just described the Shadowrun world from the perspective of it being the future of Earthdawn... plus you made elves aliens, but that's basically the only major change.
>>
>>54496707
I've never even heard of Earthdawn until now.
>>
>>54495314
>>Every couple of thousand years the world ends as we know it
>>The tales of these world shattering events are after a while remembered only as creation myths
>>The human race has been around for a couple of these events but have only been the dominant species of the world since the last one
>>Before the last apocalypse, orcs ruled the world
>>The dwarven race sought shelter from a previous apocalypse by building what's essentially huge nuclear shelters in the mountains
>>They were completely forgotten about until they resurfaced sometime shortly after the last time the world ended
>>At about the same time the elves landed with their spaceships
>>They sought to shelter themselves among the stars even before the Dwarves were around
>>Turns out you can't
>
>I was bored, /tg/. Feel free to flesh it out or whatever.

Basically the premise of swedish role-playing game Eon.
>>
>>54495314
>There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
>There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
>>
>>54497026
it's literally the pre-history of the Shadowrun universe, where magic comes in cycles, only instead of being at the beginning of a waning of magic, you are playing during the waning end of a magic cycle where it's soon going to fade. At the apex of each magic cycle, there is enough magic for "the horrors" (implied to be toxic spirits) to fully enter the world wholesale and basically cause the apocalypse. In Earthdawn, the dwarves built what essentially amounts to bomb shelters to survive the last apex of the magic cycle, and the majority of races are the races they let in (with a few exceptions.) It actually adds a bit of an apocalyptic bent to Shadowrun, and it very much seems like the Dragons are mostly concerned with amassing enough wealth and power to build their shelters for surviving the next one.
>>
>>54497292
Suddenly Shadowrun makes a whole lot more sense to me.

Dunno how similar it is though. Guess it could be?
>>
>>54495500
Unless they're made of stone
>>
File: 378px-Ganon's_Tower_(comic).png (363KB, 378x600px) Image search: [Google]
378px-Ganon's_Tower_(comic).png
363KB, 378x600px
>>54497821
Flying stone castles can be pretty metal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.