[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know any words that meant something way differen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0143.gif (99KB, 396x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0143.gif
99KB, 396x330px
Does anyone know any words that meant something way different back then because i want my character for my next D&D session to talk using those words
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7RoDy1oqS-E
>>
>>54472687
Corn is a word that means any cereal grain. Wheat, barley, rice--all are corn.

Thee and thou are informal and you would only use them when speaking to people you know well. You is formal.

Something awful is something that fills you with awe, like a breathtakingly beautiful woman? Awful.

"Nice" is an insult. It means that someone is stupid.

Being naughty means that you are poor.

Meat just means "food."
>>
>>54473196
A bimbo is a young boy.

Cute means perceptive.

A matrix is a pregnant animal.

To decimate something means to remove 10% of it.

An apocalypse is something that was covered, but isn't any more.

A cheater is a person who takes property from dead people who have no one to inherit it.

A girl is a young child of either sex.
>>
>>54472687

"Boner" in that context used to mean "a goof" or "a big, embarrassing mistake".
>>
>>54472687
Tax collectors are on the lowest rungs of society
>>
>>54472687
Gay means happy. To be gay is to be in an extremely joyous mood. To 'have a gay time' is to have great fun.
>>
Faggot was kindling wood.

OP would have been burned alive back in the old days.
>>
>>54476590
The use of faggot as an epithet derives from the English public school practice of fagging. That is the policy of senior pupils mentoring junior pupils/using them as personal servants. Nothing to do with kindling
>>
>>54472687
Apple used to mean any fruit. This is why there are pineapples. In French potatoes are "pommes des terres" apples/fruits of earth.
>>
>>54473196
>Something awful is something that fills you with awe, like a breathtakingly beautiful woman? Awful.
Similarly, something is terrific if it inspires terror
>>
Literally used to only refer to things within literature.
>>
>>54479219
And something being "wonderful" means you don't believe it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.