[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello fores/tg/oblins, What would you like to see in a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: jolie4-p[1].jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jolie4-p[1].jpg
31KB, 500x500px
Hello fores/tg/oblins,

What would you like to see in a new RPG system if you had to use it? Please answer this poll. Check off as many as you feel apply.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13507089

Here's a second version of a poll I've been shilling. If you took the previous, please only fill out any new options that apply, you're on the honour system.
>>
Strawpoll wants me to register to comment, and I cannot be arsed, so here's my "Anything you'd like to see not mentioned here?" comment:

I want a system that truly excites its own creator, based on his own passion and ideas rather than on market research. People do not truly know what they want until you give it to them, and they cannot tell you anything that has not already been done. Entrepreneurship is about venturing into the unknown and staking your reputation on your ideas, not ours. All this poll-taking will do more harm than good to your game.
>>
I suppose it'd need to offer me something I don't get in any other easily-available system. There's a big glut of RPGs out there. Realistically I'm capable of enjoying any genre and most design philosophies, as long as it's executed well.

So uh... make whatever you want. I can't tell you if you're excited by a game built for epic fantasy or a rules-light generic system. What matters is that it plays well and isn't hideously broken.
>>
>>54468626
My comment: rules and storytelling shouldn't even remotely be in competition with each other.
>>
>>54470171
btw this is 100% the case. You'll probably fail, but anyone would probably fail. At least this way you'll make something worth making.

Not that I think OP's gonna make anything.
>>
File: 1380335830249.jpg (246KB, 700x583px) Image search: [Google]
1380335830249.jpg
246KB, 700x583px
I know what I definitely DON'T want in the options

>Hard to master
RPGs are not competitive games and the challenge of playing the game and character generation should never be the focus.
>>
>>54471565
no fuck you some people actually like crunch for crunch's sake.

But I think you're thinking of "hard to learn" rather than "hard to master". Hard to learn is like 3.x ivory shittery.
>>
File: 1369339317120.jpg (154KB, 629x787px) Image search: [Google]
1369339317120.jpg
154KB, 629x787px
>>54470171
I'll second this sentiment, when I'm looking at P&P I want to discover something.

>>54468626
I'll write some thought about some points.

>Easy, quick character generation
I would like easy, but don't have to have quick. A part of easy will naturally translate into speed. It would be good to be able to resolve it in my head, or resolve part of it to stat NPCs on the fly without worrying about cross referencing and to large entangled parts influencing each other.

Didn't tick the box, because I don't want to send a message for bare bones rules light characters.

>flexible for many settings
no tick
>flexible for many genres
I like when there are many things to do in a game world and different moods can come up during a game, especially regarding the possibility of survival and horror but not as a overspecialized genre filter over the whole game.

>Exclusively designed for a unique and enjoyable IP.
Like other anon, I would like to see a passion project, something new that was perhaps lacking until now.

>Rules over Storytelling
I don't mean being overly rigid with rules. But I think being able to basically place everything and determine characters should be sufficient to tell the story. I like a simulationist basis and a game that respects it's own setting. If something should work a certain way it needs to be build in the base mechanics not metacurrency manual overwrites.

>Unique game mechanics
That doesn't mean avoiding any die type. There is nothing wrong with a d20.

>Mostly long term, epic campaigns
Doesn't have to be "epic", should support campaigns well.

Some additional wishes:
a decent amount of granularity please
and please no cthulhu crossover material
>>
>>54471642
That's a deep ruleset, that's not mastery.

RPG rules should not require mastery to play. The GM should be competent, but focusing the game on optimization is not what's needed in RPG
>>
>>54468626
>Anything you'd like to see not mentioned here?
Rule are different for GM than players. GMs have alot to worry about and shouldn't have to go through the myriad of options that players have to choose for each character.

Have the players roll all the dice. The GM just say what happening or 'defend against this' and the player's roll. Keep everyone involved and smoother management for GMs.
>>
>>54472854
This really bugs me.
>>
>>54472854
Where the fuck do all of you people come from? Why do you hate rolling dice?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.