[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a dilemma /tg/. Some background... >My character breaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1500457405549.jpg (25KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1500457405549.jpg
25KB, 665x574px
I have a dilemma /tg/.

Some background...
>My character breaks into a safe and finds a necklace.
>It is confirmed to have belonged to an extremely important person who died long ago.
>There is also a map, where other necklaces are hidden, the ones belonging to this important person's friends.
>My character is well known for taking everything that isn't bolted down and either hanging it as a decoration or selling it if it isn't useful.
>At this point he has done crazy shit simply to complete this set of old jewelry, finding all but two of them, basically assuming they'll fetch more as a set.

Here's where things get interesting. I know from OOC knowledge that this necklace and the others are the hyper importance mcguffins of fate. However, there has been absolutely zero indication of this in character. None. We have even spoken to the ghosts of the important people who owned these, and they haven't mentioned them, despite knowing we have them. My character, the one who mainly talks to the ghosts, is assuming they don't care, because it's just some jewelry and they're somewhat used to his sticky fingers.

The last two necklaces are hidden in extremely dangerous areas, and my character isn't stupid, so he kind of put this shit on the back burner. I mean, it's just some fucking jewelry. We've been getting up to other shenanigans, and the DM has begun complaining between sessions about how we're torturing him by forcing him to come up with stuff for us to do when we refuse to advance the plot.

My character has had a bit of a power boost due to above mentioned shenanigans, so he's thinking about maybe trying for two more great heists to find the last necklaces. Of course, once he has them, he'll probably just sell them for some sweet cash. This will also completely fuck our DM over and probably ruin everything forever in game.

Should I just metagame and force the subject until the ghosts spill the beans, or should I stay in character and inadvertently ruin everything?
>>
>>54457563
>and the DM has begun complaining between sessions about how we're torturing him by forcing him to come up with stuff for us to do when we refuse to advance the plot
Found the problem.
>>
>>54457563
>We've been getting up to other shenanigans, and the DM has begun complaining between sessions about how we're torturing him by forcing him to come up with stuff for us to do when we refuse to advance the plot.
But... he hasn't even been dropping the significance of these necklaces in conversation with your characters.

Captcha: select all images with jewelry
>>
File: lolipire observe.png (151KB, 327x457px) Image search: [Google]
lolipire observe.png
151KB, 327x457px
Always stay in character
>>
Ruin everything
>>
I'd say it's okay to meta-game a bit in this situation, because you hold the plot-related items, and your DM wants your group to move the plot along.
So, talk with your DM, and say "hey, we both know i have the necklaces, and I think we both want the plot to move forward, so lets make it happen."
hopefully you can find a way to so by working together, without other players feeling railroaded or forced into something when they'd rather do nothing plot-related.
>>
>>54457563
Tell the DM you have no reason in character to advance the plot and he needs to step it up
>>
>>54457723
>So, talk with your DM
>>54457796
>Tell the DM

these, honestly. just send him an email explaining yourself or something. if you haven't discussed this before he might not realise you're looking for an IC reason to go for it
>>
File: 200_s.gif (94KB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
94KB, 354x200px
>>
>>54457563

Talk to the GM with your group, and point out that, as far as your character knows, he has no reason to rush into danger to get maybe 100gp more.

Also acknowledge that you're willing to just go get the necklaces despite having no IC reason to do so if it'd make his job easier, but he'll need to actually say so.
>>
File: 1467946818960.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1467946818960.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
If anyone's interested, there is a bit more to the story...

ALL the players know about these mcguffins, as the game is based on a setting we all know. We've been telling him to his face, for about two months now, that his 'campaign' lacks direction and coherence. I literally ASKED him to have an NPC tell us about the necklaces already. However, the man who volunteered to DM last year has died, and we are left with a husk who regrets taking on the responsibility. We canceled our session tonight because he hadn't made any preparations since last week. Last week we left off in the MIDDLE of a dungeon. He literally couldn't be arsed to make a couple more rooms so we could play this week. He said 'I can't figure out how to keep ahead of you guys. You won't advance the story so I can't plan for what you do next!'

I'm either going to decide the last two necklaces aren't worth the risk, or I'm going to gather and sell them.

Fun fact, our DM also loaded us with chemical weapons for some reason, and one of the last necklaces is apparently hidden in the base of one of our main enemies. It is very plausible for us to leave the city in a state where NOBODY could ever retrieve the necklace, so I guess that's on the table if we get salty and really want to watch him scramble.
>>
>>54457869

It, uh. Sounds like you need a new GM, dude.

I mean. The GM isn't having fun, he isn't putting in any effort because he isn't having fun, and you're not having fun because the GM is half-assing the whole show.

Somebody needs to step up, or you might as well put the game out of its misery.
>>
>>54457869
sounds like YOU should be the GM
>>
>>54457563
>>54457978
This is the answer. He clearly does not want to do it, so ask him if you can take over, 'as he doesn't seem to be enjoying it'.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.