[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently reading this, and I'm at the Alchemical items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: BoVDCover[1].gif (48KB, 200x260px) Image search: [Google]
BoVDCover[1].gif
48KB, 200x260px
Currently reading this, and I'm at the Alchemical items part, but it also mentions "quasi-magical items"...Now what's a quasi magical item? It says it's not a magical item in the strict sense of the word, so if it were in an anti-magic field, would it still function like alchemy and mundane items or?
>>
It's a natural item with qualities that would otherwise be magical effects , but in this case are just inherent. They work fine in anti-magic.
>>
>>54457446
Oh, okay.
>>
>>54457409
I liked the spell that turned a bone into a cool sword.
>>
>>54457409
Isn't that the official WOTC book that added bestiality and necrophilia to the game?

There's literally a feat that requires you to fuck zombies.
>>
>>54457409
>tfw selecting spells from this when I was playing a lawful evil cleric of mephistopheles

There's some gud shit in there. Some nice prestige shit for Disciple of Mephistopheles too iirc. - turn your own body parts into hellfire or some shit.
>>
>>54458873
Not OP but I have the book and yes it adds both. The feat is Lichloved and gives you a diplomacy bonus with sentient undead. Doesn't need to be zombies could be vampires who are more acceptable.
>>
>>54457409
>Now what's a quasi magical item?
A good example is something like a sword that was honed to be razor sharp using magical methods, but isn't magical itself.
It may be as sharp as a magical sword, but it has no magic of its own.
>>
Cancermage is best mage.
>>
File: 9quah.jpg (390KB, 493x751px) Image search: [Google]
9quah.jpg
390KB, 493x751px
>>54458873
Yes, but it's also the same book written by Vecna, God of Magic and secrets who made a Highlander Dickstabbing definition of Chaotic Evil Super vampire that steals people's health via any energy drain or wounding quality bestowed weapon who gave the guy a sword made from a metorite, and whom is also batshit insane, and who has sucedded in life by constanstly blowing himself up.

Path to Godhood? Blew himself up.
Escape from Ravenloft? Blew himself up.
Nigh Godlike multiversal power? Blew Himself up and made the 3rd Edition.

Due to the fact that Vecna is insane and a massive cunt who you should always voice as a male version of Yzma from the Emperor's new groove in your head based on that one picture of him in 4e, you should always take what the BOVD says with a pinch of salt.

Like the fact that he classifies dragon-fucking as bestiality worth a Vile Darkness point, fuck you Vecna, gonna crusade your shit I swear on me mum.

>>54461469
>Literaly empowered by bacteria
There's this stuff called High meat, which is specially prepared Carrion which gets you high and is full of protein for gainz, the Cancermage is literaly able to eat ANYTHING remotely rotten with his fucking powers and only receives the benefits from it.

The reason this is such a broken power? See that Atropal Scion? You can eat him. See that Black Cyst of Tharizdun? You can eat it. See Tharizdun? Eat all the entropy he bears and become !NotNurglewith infinite gainz.

A Cancer Mage could eat Zuggtmoy out and not feel phased in the slightest.

The table for dark sacrifices is nice, but it's not nearly as expansive or beneficial as it should be, but knowing the cost of souls in crafting is an extremely important fact because it lets you know how much XP is required to make an ever expandign demiplane, which if one follows the theory of demiplane evolution, one could make a demiplane become a plane of it's own with careful Demilich tier management using souls to fuel a stacking genesis spell.
>>
I remember running an evil adventure using this book for random character generation and we had to roll for flaws.

I got alcoholism, necrophilia and bestiality. I had to drink once a day and fuck a dead animal once a week or else I would start taking stat damage.

My buddy had psychosis and cannibalism.

In one session we killed a prostitute and her son for meat, shoved the inn keeper in a sack bound and gagged with the entrails of the prostitute (with her crab infested, rotting vag as the gag) for trail rations for my buddy while I had a bunch of chickens and the donkey pulling the cart for my fix if need be as well as a bunch of booze from the inn.

We were on our way to the next town with my buddy eating a leg from a half-orc child, the innkeeper shoved in a sack with muffled screams, and a chicken with broken neck on my dick flapping around in its death throws so I could cum harder.

It was beyond silly.
>>
>>54461669
Oh right, then there's that fucking sword an Erinyes can give you, if someone's playing a blackguard keep an eye out for them trying to get that thing, the bloody weapon is literally a Death Knights "fuck AC" ability but like, +5 or some shit.

One of the neat things in it was the Hivemind state, which in fact- WAS NOT a template, so you could use it as a Worm that Walks. Yeah, you're literally now the verminous combination of various creepy crawlies in addition to being a amalgamation of worms that comprise your entire life force, it's pretty trippy

>>54458873
Actually it was any form of sexual intercourse with the undead, and it's note even the only feat with that sort of connotation so vampires are also technically in the mix here, which makes a degree of sense seeing as 3.5 vampires could bestow a Tomb-Tainted Soul on someone per that adventure with Wisdom Vampires in Libris Mortis or that other adventure with the Vampire trying to weaken the kingdoms borders increasing bandit activity using it's domination ability, and the Blood-Ghoul stuff from Ghostwalk to boot, and the PrC Dedicated to vampire servitude, Death's chosen, next to the fact that Vampires can produce two sorts of living human offspring, with the Bloodline class ability thing to boot.
>>
>>54458873
D&D 3.5 was good times.
>>
File: VerminLord.jpg (29KB, 259x450px) Image search: [Google]
VerminLord.jpg
29KB, 259x450px
I always loved the Vermin Lord class, but then again, I'm a whore for anything involving bugs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.