[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey anon, I saw you took an interesting thing for the XP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1458845307494.jpg (89KB, 606x601px) Image search: [Google]
1458845307494.jpg
89KB, 606x601px
>Hey anon, I saw you took an interesting thing for the XP I awarded last session.
>Care to explain what led your character to learn that? I don't remember anything related to that happening in the campaign.
What now, /tg/?
>>
>>54453199
Have other players experienced this? Did your GM make it clear before the game started that purchases have to be verisimilitudinous? What are you trying to buy?
>>
>>54453199

I explain why I considered it thematically appropriate and point out the precedent for taking it, or remind the GM that we talked about refluffing it.

Because my group isn't a dysfunctional mess of bad communication, most of the time.
>>
>>54453285
Other players didn't have that problem, since their purchases were adapting to the situation, you took one skill that was out of the blue, but you presume it might come in handy
DM didn't straight up state that, but said that "purchases" need to make sense IC-wise
Purely theoretical situation
>>
That is why you have down time.

If your campaign does not have downtime, you have no justification unless you already set the gears into motion earlier. Then again, your gm will need to know you have little to no time to build skills outside of your experiences and should adjust his game accordingly or make it obvious that the skills in question are going to be important during character generation. Do not make a boss who can only be defeated by basket weaving in a nuclear sub crew campaign.

On the other side, players should be looking for ways to expand their skills based off of character motivation. If they want to be the fastest speedster ever, they should be making it clear in character they are trying to find a way to be faster and not just waiting on a handout or experience milestone.
>>
>>54453328
In that case, see >>54453324
This isn't an issue with functional adults. I personally abhor buying anything for my characters that I can't justify in-universe. I actually ask the GM if I can go spend money on training if I want something but haven't been exposed to it.
>>
File: snug smugg.jpg (65KB, 540x560px) Image search: [Google]
snug smugg.jpg
65KB, 540x560px
Laugh in his brainlet face at the notion that people don't decide to do random things or try to learn unrelated new skills out of the blue on a whim all the fucking time, especially in a discontent life like the majority of player characters probably are.
>>
>>54453475
I think it has less to do with the character wanting to as the poor communication between gm and player along with how poorly executed some experience systems are.

Take WoD. Yes, it has sever mechanics so you do not become the best swordsman on the planet in an afternoon. Yet, they way it is described, it could have gone a lot farther. You are meant to be showing the ST you are working on a skill and that is all they do for it. There is no rule you must pay so many points in to your new skill over so much time, how much time it might take you to increase a stat or raise a skill nor what type of information needed to show you how to improve these. You could end up in a situation where the ST rules you need no trainer and just two weeks to pump you up to the next physical stat but it takes someone three years to go up on intelligence dot along with being mentored by a world recognized scientist 10 hours a day when they could cost the same XP.
>>
>>54453475
sleep snug, smug.
>>
>The entirety of my character isn't known to you. You control the world, I control the character.
Easy. If they try and get on your dick about it, just say they were thinking about the notion before the game had even begun, and now that they have the skill, they remembered what they wanted to do with it.
>>
>>54453199
I explain the logic of my decision, in-character if I feel like it. Then remind the GM that we discussed it before when I was planning out my progression.

>>54453475
>Laugh in his brainlet face
Dropped from the group for being a bad player and a terrible person.
>>
>>54453285
What I learned on 4chan today is
>>
File: 1498298385466.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498298385466.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>54453745
What are you trying to say, anon-chan?
>>
>>54453475
"sleep snug, smug."
>>
>>54453733
Are you a fucking woman, or were you just raised by a single mother? A group of guys can't laugh at and talk shit to eachother without someone's vagina bleeding?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.