[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Tal'Dorei, the new campaign setting for Critical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 35

File: taldurrei.jpg (82KB, 387x500px) Image search: [Google]
taldurrei.jpg
82KB, 387x500px
Thoughts on Tal'Dorei, the new campaign setting for Critical Role?

>Tal'Dorei isn't a setting that tries to be "historically accurate" in its fantasy by including gender stratification, racism, or homophobia like Game of Thrones, for example. Other than fantasy staples like "elves and dwarves don't get along," that sort of real-world baggage doesn't exist. I find that sort of thing tiresome; there are plenty of other more interesting conflicts to explore in a fantasy setting than prejudice. This isn't just pandering or lip service, either. I made a big effort to include a wealth of characters that supported this narrative design. The goddesses of civilization and nature are engaged in a tempestuous but loving relationship, and the kingdom of cloud giants always has two wedded kings, for instance.
>>
>>54449178
Boring as fuck bland setting with not!everything everywhere. Insert feel-good shit.

Blech
>>
>>54449178
Why do you people care? Do you find it interesting for some reason?
>>
>>54449178
The name sounds like something from world of warcraft.

Which would suit this group of uncreative hacks perfectly, actually.
>>
>>54449178
critical role is absolute trash for "nerds"

fuck off
>>
Meh. No one is obligated to include stuff in their settings they don't like.

The name is shit, though.
>>
>>54449893
Not OP, but /tg/ tends to enjoy Critical Role because we hate it. It's a steaming pile of mediocrity and Shit with nothing but celebrities and SJWs holding it up. It's something we can all unanimously hate besides ourselves.
>>
>>54449941
>lemme explain something insanely obvious

its not worth your time

fuck off
>>
>>54449893
fuck you bitch
>>
>>54449941
despite the people on it and it's pathetic little community full of lapdog losers, it's still one of the best shows not on tv so fuck off
>>
skipped a lot of it cuz it was boring the fuck outta me. that james "hack" tool needs to not be a part of the next one if there is one and lower the fuckin ridiculous price for god's sake 40 bucks for this thing? fuck that shit.
>>
I kinda bounced off it. Had more fun with Friends at the Table and The Adventure Zone more readily. Crit Role starts slow and apparently gets slower, and cuz they're streams they don't edit for time like those previous two do.

I don't really mind that opening though because an egalitarian society is maybe the least boring thing about this fuckin place if they still have standard Elf Dwarf Shit for little reason other than 2 cultures made to hate each other.
>>
File: NO-Gif.gif (976KB, 299x223px) Image search: [Google]
NO-Gif.gif
976KB, 299x223px
>>54449178

>Critical Role

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>54449178
>the kingdom of cloud giants always has two wedded kings
How do they produce an heir?
>>
>>54451179
Male pregnancy.
>>
Real question: is there actually any interesting conflict in this setting? For all it's talk about how it's an alternative take on traditional fantasy it gives very little.
>>
>>54449862
Speaking as WoW nerd, it would mean children (or people) of earth (or "earth elves") in thalassian (language of high elves), assuming the meaning of the word "Tal" stayed the same as in darnassian (night elf language. In darnassian), it wouldn't have the apostrophe.

On the same note as night elves call themselves Kaldorei (children/people of stars) and high elves call themselves Quel'dorei.
>>
>>54449178
Is that quote real? I could believe it

Always disliked the lack of realism in Critical Role, there's a dozen gay characters, and they're all good and kind people (gays can be assholes too, but apparently not in Tal'Dorei),the most anit-gay conflict we've seen was from Taryon's father and honestly he seemed more bothered by Taryon wanting to be an adventurer.
On a similar tangent the ruling class are all kind and respectable people, everywhere seems to be a democracy or at the very least ruler's interests seldom ever clash with the interests of their people. it's all pretty dumb
At the very least he seemed to have thought about his politics a small bit, but only for the book, and then exclusively for Emon, and even then it was a very old D&D trope. He suggested that because the city was so indebted o the mages who helped them rebuild they're at risk of the mages taking over and becoming the ruling class. But even that would be more interesting than the feel good politics he's been working with for 105 episodes
>>
>>54449178
Stop shilling
>>
>>54451179
Mpreg
>>
>>54452204
>discussion is shilling
Guess you need to stop shilling for Warhammer, D&D, and MtG then.
>>
>>54452191

Oh gods, this sounds like what people think Blue Rose is.
>>
>>54452763
What is Blue Rose? And what do people think it is?
>>
>>54449178
I think that's a very fair reasoning, actually. "Real life morals in a fantasy world" is very well suited to more lighthearted and gung-ho gameplay, which is probably the most common gameplay in roleplaying.
>>
>>54449178
The setting is at best ok, honestly it's pretty shit, but then again there are very few ready made settings that are good. What we really should be discussing are the archetypes, feats, etc which I feel are between shit and should be standard (e.g. resurrection tests that can lead to a major quest arc).
>>
>can envision a world with wizards, dragons, gods, elves, orcs , multiple planes and reality bending magic

>Can't imagine a world where people don't care that much about what type of relationships consensual adults choose to have
>>
>>54452865

It's an RPG inspired by writers like Mercedes Lackey. People tend to have a very negative view of the setting because the "protagonist nation" of Aldis is extremely progressive and egalitarian, and it superficially comes across as bland and trying too hard to be a really nice place by modern standards. It has free primary education for everyone, its universities have access programs for disadvantaged students, being straight and being gay are seen as equally unusual, men and women are completely equal, etc. It doesn't help that the nobility are chosen using a magic sceptre that detects if you're corrupted, so people assume that that means the ruling class are all good people (nobility isn't hereditary in Aldis, and works on an Imperial-Chinese-style examination system).

However, there's nothing stopping nobles from becoming corrupt after they join the nobility, Aldis has a huge and very powerful nationwide organised crime syndicate, one of its neighbours happens to be ruled by the local evil overlord, and it's not on great terms with the other country that wants to help with the evil overlord problem. Aldis is a lot the United Federation Of Planets; mostly a good place let by well-meaning leaders, but far from free of corruption, and sometimes too idealistic for its own good. Not super often, though; Blue Rose, like Star Trek, is a basically optimistic setting.
>>
>>54453120
Okay well imagine something like that, only no nations have empires or wars with each other, not even disputes over land. All the rulers genuinely are good people who prioritise their citizens as much as possible. The crime syndicates are incredibly tame and somehow seem to mostly inconvenience people who deserve it. The only time a ruler is corrupt or when there is an invading force, it's never a pre-established person or nation causing the trouble, it's a blue dragon who got himself into a position of power, a family of vampires who killed the previous virtuous leaders etc etc, all of whom are defeated by the party of course.

At best the elf city and the dwarf city are isolated and mistrusting of outsiders, other than that living in the setting is basically paradise except for the monster attacks
>>
>>54453309

Wow. If what you're saying is true, it makes Blue Rose sound like Exalted.
>>
>>54451145
show us how it's done bitch
>>
>>54451179
>VICTORY AT SEA!
>>
>>54452191
I'm not asking to be facetious, but why does "too many gays" trip your lack of realism peeve, but not things like dragons and magic and elves and shit like that?
>>
>>54453697
>but why does "too many gays" trip your lack of realism peeve
That's not at all what I said. I said theres about a dozen gay characters and not a single one of them could be considered a bad person, none of them are even slightly rude, and only a single character has ever had something negative to say about someone being gay (his son), and even then as I said above really he seemed more upset that his son wanted to be an adventurer than that he was gay. And we know why. Matt had a gay uncle who died of AIDs when he was young, when they made a PC gay the Tumblr fan base flipped their shit saying how they didn't represent gay people well enough or some shit, and Matt broke down crying in a live streamed Q&A talking about his gay uncle and how it wasn't his intention to offend and he's sorry.

But I can answer your question despite it being based on something I didn't say. Conflict is written into the very core of D&D, most races don't trust tieflings, elves don't like half elves, orcs are literally evil by nature so people expect similar things from half-orcs.
Those sorts of things give a sense of realism to a fantasy world because they reflect reality, they work as we expect them to. Dragons and magic don't disrupt the reality of a fantasy world because usually they're written in a way that makes sense, sometimes mages become a ruling class, sometimes dragons takeover a land because no one is powerful enough to stop them. They're things that don't exist in reality but the way we imagine they would behave reflects how we imagine things would occur if they were part of reality. Whereas we know gay people exist, and we know how they can sometimes be treated even today, so a fantasy setting in which they are abundant and no one seems to take issue with it literally stretches fantasy more than draconic tyrants.
>>
>>54453420
>BLOOD AND THUNDER
>>
The sheer number of butthurt faggots in this thread is astounding. So much salt because of a Twitch show.

No wonder the gaming community is such cancer. So many edgelord cannibals.
>>
>>54454078
>lol having opinions on things is dumb
Wow you're so cool!
>>
>>54451179
>I AM KRONAR
>>
>>54454078
I honestly have to agree with this guy.

I mean sure, critical role is pretty boring and mediocre, but the faggots in this thread are being such doggedly cynical contrarians about it that they honestly just come off as desperately wanting to fit in on fourchins.
>>
>>54454242
Don't reply to your own post, man.
>>
File: birds-arms-bird-shrugging.jpg (31KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
birds-arms-bird-shrugging.jpg
31KB, 600x857px
Critical Role is doing well and good for them- I'm not a fan but their formula for a setting doesn't impact me in any way so no jimmies rustled here
>>
>>54451179
Tal'Dorei isn't a setting that tries to be "biologically accurate" in its fantasy by including sexual dimorphism, internal fertilization or an XY sex-determination system like Game of Thrones, for example. Other than fantasy staples like "rogues do it from behind" that sort of real-world baggage doesn't exist. I find that sort of thing tiresome; there are plenty of other more interesting fetishes to explore in a fantasy setting than copulation. This isn't just pandering or lip service, either. I made a big effort to include a wealth of characters that supported this narrative design. The goddesses of civilization and nature are engaged in a deep cloacal kiss, and the kingdom of cloud giants always has two kings 69-spermatophoring each other, for instance.
>>
>>54454078
you should kindly fuck off to explore the other communities that police, forbid and blacklist having negative opinions about things. Many people have done so before and they are happy now that they can get gold and never have to read anything they don't agree with
>>
File: figurine.jpg (222KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
figurine.jpg
222KB, 720x480px
>>54449178
I refuse to believe anyone actually said that, and that you aren't making this up to trigger people. If anyone did say that, then they're stupid and refuse to care.
>>
If it turns out to be a bad setting, it looks like it'll at least be a useful example of a bad setting. I don't know of a lot of settings that are bad because of a lack of conflict, and the designer trying so hard to make the setting nice that they forgot to give the PCs anything to do. Usually settings are bad either because they're too dark, or they have overpowered NPCs and/or loads of metaplot making the players redundant.
>>
i only care about it insofar as it gives information about critical role which i like, but it seems pretty generic otherwise
let's get on track and start talking about how keyleth is fucking retarded
i assumed this is a veiled critical role general thread anyway
>>
>>54454412

Or because they try to cram too many disparate elements together and don't actually bother making the world feel cohesive. I forgot about that one.
>>
>>54451179
I think it's a massive misunderstanding of how and why Spartans had two kings
>>
>>54454380
It's completely real and actually worse when you see the full quote
>My favorite aspect of Tal'Dorei, however, is a little more subtle than that. This is something I want to leave open for interpretation, but I always hoped to portray Tal'Dorei as a fantastical version of an ideal America. You can see the influence even in the geography; the capital of Emon is about where Los Angeles would be, the Cliffkeep Mountains are similar to the Rockies, the Dividing Plains mirror the American Great Plains, and so on. The core value for me in creating this fantasy ideal was having the struggle for equality already be over, in human society at the very least. Tal'Dorei isn't a setting that tries to be "historically accurate" in its fantasy by including gender stratification, racism, or homophobia like Game of Thrones, for example. Other than fantasy staples like "elves and dwarves don't get along," that sort of real-world baggage doesn't exist. I find that sort of thing tiresome; there are plenty of other more interesting conflicts to explore in a fantasy setting than prejudice. This isn't just pandering or lip service, either. I made a big effort to include a wealth of characters that supported this narrative design. The goddesses of civilization and nature are engaged in a tempestuous but loving relationship, and the kingdom of cloud giants always has two wedded kings, for instance.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?567429-Delve-into-Critical-Role-s-campaign-setting-with-co-writer-James-Haeck!
>>
>>54454658
>I always hoped to portray a fantastical version of an ideal America.
I'm stealing this for my own setting, which is basically 'every state is run by assholes with magic, everyone different from us must be purged, female wizards are glorified political pawns'-type of affair.
>>
how boring
>>
>>54452191
This.
>>
>>54454051
Cease your.gibbering
>>
File: faggot.png (436KB, 757x310px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
436KB, 757x310px
>>
>>54449178

Dumb, overarching social norms in fantasy are dumb

I can totally understand creating egalitarian societies but there will always be some diversity of opinion
>>
>>54451179
Adoption of a meritorious underling, like the most competent Roman Emperors did?
>>
>>54454078
fuck off you bitch ass cunt
>>
File: 1433546274096.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1433546274096.png
17KB, 900x900px
>>54454658

>Los Angeles
>>
fuck all you faggot ass retards lol
>>
>>54454850
It's hardly an original idea. I think the area around Greyhawk was supposed to be to map of Gygax's home state turned upside-down
>>
>>54454658
>Based on America
Dropped. I'm an Eaglelander but if you want to bring real-world politics and geography into a fantasy realm then you can fuck off.
>>
>>54455130
This.

I always have one egalitarian society in the world, but making the whole setting egalitarian? Boring and makes every settlement the same shit
>>
>>54454658
>ideal America.
>the capital of Emon is about where Los Angeles would be,

But that's an awful place for a capital. The place is consistently up it's own ass, even if you fucking LIKE it you know that.
>>
File: 1500386475678.jpg (37KB, 483x371px) Image search: [Google]
1500386475678.jpg
37KB, 483x371px
>>54449178
>Tal'Dorei isn't a setting that tries to be "historically accurate" in its fantasy by including gender stratification, racism, or homophobia
>image is all white people
>>
>>54454416
Then you assumed wrong, fuck off.
>>
>>54455223
Eh. The guy's an actor. Being up his own ass is his job
>>
>>54455166
>>54455206
Better yet in the guide itself :
>human supremacy
>gentrification threatens to eradicate the culture of one of Emon's oldest immigrant district
>>
>>54455308
>Translation: We think Asians are elves
I love how people who are trying too hard not to be racist just end up digging themselves into a hole.
>>
>>54455308
> racism does not exist in my setting
> immediately insert people being racist to 'immigrants'
there are people here who will defend this
>>
>>54455431
> We think Asians are elves
My dick concurs
>>
>>54455308

>poor Asian.. I mean Elves getting gentrified while they gentrify every other neighborhood
>>
File: Laughing Kirby.png (60KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Kirby.png
60KB, 168x200px
>>54455510
>The Scholarly Elite of the Erudite Quarter like to pretend they are too enlightened to succumb to bigotry, their wealth and power allows them to leave their own prejudices unexamined
Oh I am laffin
>>
>>54455567
so wait, the ideal America according to Mercer is the one with bigoted ruling overclass?
>>
What the hell is los angeles?
>>
>>54454658
>This isn't just pandering
This is exactly pandering.
>>
>>54455645
No, no, I can do you one better:
>Fantasy WWII happens
>High elves are the Japanese
>Wood elves are the Chinese
>Dark elves are, I dunno, Korea?
>Humans and high elves genociding dwarves
Then you get stuff like:
>Dwarves fear the Bladesinger!
I find it fucking incredible that they don't see the blatant hypocrisy in pretending to be non-racist while placing humans in the 'white people parallel' slot.
>>
>>54449178
Looked through it a bit last night. Most of the stuff is more or less average "generic fantasy with 21st century progressive values" world with not a lot of historical accuracy or, for that matter, reasonable geography, but some of the plot/quest hooks are reasonable enough that I might steal them for my own campaigns. Doubt I'll bother playing in the setting itself though.

So worth the browse I had.

>Grog Strongjaw, Grand Poobah De Boink, In Charge of All This-and-That

I had a sensible chuckle.
>>
Someone mind posting the feats from this?
>>
>>54454224
>SON OF MAN
>>
>>54455990
Google "Tal'Dorei pdf", 3rd result.
>>
File: feats.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
feats.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>54455990
>>
>>54456144
>Dual Focused
Absolutely not.
>Mending Affinity
The fuck?
>Rapid Drinker
WHY is this a feat?
>>
I like critical role. I like their voices.
>>
>>54456144
>>54455990
>Dual Focused
Holy shit what.
>Mystic Conflux
Four attuned items? Well, I guess that UA Artificer can have 5-6 by 20th, so precedent for mucking about with number of attuned items is there, but still, makes me uncertain.
>Flash Recall
mite b gud
>>
>>54456197
rapid drinker is just turning his house rule into a feat for no particular reason
>>
>>54456144
The druid and the cleric have Spelldriver, right?
>>
>>54456291
that's another houserule turned into a feat
>>
>>54456144
>multi concentration
wew lad.
>>
>>54456144
No, hold up a minute.
>Fate-Touched
>Not supposed to be a player selection
Then why even list it as a background? Just add it as a template or call it a Boon or something. Christ, I thought Matt helped write the rules, he ought to at least know how they work- Oh, who am I kidding, it's MERCER.
>It's a nerfed Lucky feat
Oh, wow, and NOBODY CARED. Just give your NPC legendary resistance or something you shameless bastard.
>>
>>54456341
It's a thing you attach to a player, not a NPC.

Liam's character Vax has it.
>>
>>54456351
4 luck O'Brien
>>
>>54449941
Scanlan and Grog are freaking great, though, and Percy's genuinely enjoyable when he's not trying too hard to be cool.
>>
>>54456351
Not what I meant.
>Players are not intended to select this background
Which means it should be a Boon like in the Dungeon Master's Guide, instead of being called something it fucking isn't.
>"It's added onto the background"
Then tack on a character trait like how the Shadowfell makes people depressed and shit, I don't care. If it walks like a Boon and quacks like a Boon, why is he calling it a Background?
>>
>>54455735
Don't tell him that, he may malfunction
>>
>>54453975
>when they made a PC gay the Tumblr fan base flipped their shit saying how they didn't represent gay people well enough or some shit, and Matt broke down crying in a live streamed Q&A talking about his gay uncle and how it wasn't his intention to offend and he's sorry.

What a faggot.
Also, apologising? Worst move he could have made, pandering is almost as bad.
>>
>>54456494
He tries to hard to please everyone, poor guy
>>
>>54456545
>He tries too hard to please obnoxious, self-righteous people
FTFY
>>
>>54456561
>Trying to please SJWs
>Crying Wedon.jpg
>>
>>54456597

Whedon is a literal rapist and hates women more than /r9k/ does, why would he try to appease them?
>>
>>54456801

Wut?
>>
File: kek offensive.jpg (99KB, 717x510px) Image search: [Google]
kek offensive.jpg
99KB, 717x510px
>>54454302
>>
>>54456226
Me too.
>>
File: Ehwellia_2.1.pdf (227KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ehwellia_2.1.pdf
227KB, 1x1px
so it's like this but official?
>>
>we aren't including gender differences, racism or homophobia
Wow, just like literally every other fantasy setting for the past 10 years? Awesome, so woke
>>
>>54456984

Skimmed the setting, that didn't seem too bad. Am I just autistic?
>>
>>54456984
>most human cultures follow a gender
binary that players will find familiar. However,
there are different levels of acceptance and
integration of "uncommon" genders and
sexuality.
Nope, I'm out.
>>
>>54452191
>conflict we've seen was from Taryon's father and honestly he seemed more bothered by Taryon wanting to be an adventurer.
Because it's only in Sam's narration that Howard was against his son's anal adventures. Matt didn't mention it once. Too afraid to do it probably
>>
I think Critical Role is decent and The Campaign Guide is "OK" could go with out the SJW pandering but that's what happens when you live in LA.
>>
>>54457045
the vore fetish proto salamanders that burst into fire and completely melt to death in 12-18 seconds of sunlight?
Oh and the prompt fear checks when interacting.
Just in general.
With anyone.
>>
>>54449178
>Other than fantasy staples like "elves and dwarves don't get along," that sort of real-world baggage doesn't exist.
>another fucking setting where elves and dwarves hate each other for no reason
Sounds like fucking shit. You should kill yourself, OP.
>>
>>54457422
>Oh and the prompt fear checks when interacting.
What, just for going up to anyone in the street will get you a fear check? The kind that can, if failed hard and at a penalty, KILL YOU?
>>
>>54457425
>for no reason
dumb memeposter
>>
>>54454658
>completely reel

subtle admission of bait

Anyway sounds like a poor mans Blue Rose, which has already done this but better.
>>
File: HAAHAHAHAHA.jpg (42KB, 439x491px) Image search: [Google]
HAAHAHAHAHA.jpg
42KB, 439x491px
>>54457448
Yeah. Just remember there is 0 lore explaining why this prehistoric abomination exists or how anyone things about that. Or why its a fucking player character option. Oh wait. Technically only people who weren't expecting to see a transparent skinned missing link version of a pre-existing isolationist species have to make the fear check.

Did you see the pot belly mages? Aka inflation mages? Because those are great. And by great I mean holy shit why?
>>
>>54456801
Citation needed
>>
>>54457708
A woman said it, it must be true. What are you, sexist?
>>
File: Vestiges of the Divergence.png (7MB, 3654x1708px) Image search: [Google]
Vestiges of the Divergence.png
7MB, 3654x1708px
>>54449178
Thoughts on these?
>>
>>54457708

Go to bed Joss, we all know what you did.
>>
>>54457736
I don't play 5E. How do you awaken and exaclt magic items (and what does that mean)?
>>
>>54457778
It's not part of standard 5E rules. And pretty sure they awaken or exalt whenever DM says so
>>
>>54455144
That opens things up to a motherload of problems. What if the kings become corrupt and are bribed by the wealthy to literally buy the nation? This is the sort of shit that makes these settings unbearable, no thought goes into the effects and consequences of certain policies beyond "LOL its just fantasy like whatever," which ultimately making them shallow and bland, as well as far harder to get immersed into which is the entire point of a fucking RPG.
>>
>>54457824
On the plus side, finally some possible conflict to offset the fact all the disparate races (and genders) apparently live in harmony.
>>
File: 1xhti6f0v0bz.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1xhti6f0v0bz.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Could someone post the Monk class from his guide?
>>
File: Upgrading Items.png (668KB, 488x936px) Image search: [Google]
Upgrading Items.png
668KB, 488x936px
>>54457778
This is in the book.
>>
>>54451179
More like "in a setting that's supposedly devoid of sexual discrimination, why does a kingdom of cloud giants ALWAYS have two wedded kings?"
>>
>>54458751
>>54451179
Devils advocate: maybe king is just an aprox translation of their word for it, and it's a non-gendered title
>>
>>54458827
While I get that, then it's a pointless specification to state "two kings" in reference to "I made a big effort to include a wealth of character's that supported [no gender stratification, racism, or homophobia] narrative design."

I fully understand I'm likely just being a pedant about word choice here, but it did jump out at me when I read it. Mostly because if "Ruler" in giant translates to "king" in common, and common already has a word for "Ruler", and also gender specific versions with "king" and "queen", then what's the point of making the distinction of "two kings" if the word doesn't mean what the language intends it to mean.

There is definitely precedent in it in other settings though. I think in Faerun there are "Merchant Princes" and that's just what they are called regardless, same way demons have "Demon Princes" even though demons don't have any real distinction there and it basically just means "VERY powerful demon who rules over a portion of [plane that demons inhabit]" usually.
>>
>>54458751
Huh. Excellent point. It's always the most strident 'anti-racists/sexists/whatever' that have hidden bigotry.
>>
>>54458751
They're appointed kings because they're gay. They get the power to rule from their gaylightenment. Obviously.
>>
>>54452191
>(gays can be assholes too, but apparently not in Tal'Dorei)

I mean to be fair, most of the characters they know well enough for it to come up are decent people. They probably wouldn't talk to them enough otherwise.
>>
>>54453309
Devil's advocate but Draconia had a rigid kinda racially based caste system which directly led to the wholesale slaughter of the entire nobility.

This was however off screen
>>
>>54449178
"Real world issues that had a deep impact on human history are boring but elves and dwarves not getting along isn't tired at all"
>>
>>54455567
examine your prejudices
>>
File: faggot.jpg (31KB, 608x448px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
31KB, 608x448px
>>54454242
Newfag. This doesn't thread doesn't hold a candle to the level of vitriol that the vintage bait threads could dredge up.
>>
>>54453081
difference between "cant imagine" and "dont care"
>>
Could someone at least give some descriptions of the Player Character options in the book/PDF? I could honestly give a rats ass about the setting.
>>
>>54462667
>>>/r/eddit/
>>
File: thats saddo.png (972KB, 737x929px) Image search: [Google]
thats saddo.png
972KB, 737x929px
>Be with group for over two years
>New member joins us
>Says he stated thanks to Critical Role
>Others in the group start watching the show
>Over the course of the last 9 months, our game slowly transforms from it's own thing to Piss Poor copy of Critical Role
>Yesterday I let the DM know that I won't be returning but I didn't have the balls to tell him it was over this shit
>>
>>54457824
You, uh, you don't need to have every form of government in your campaign be literally perfect m8.
>>
>>54449178
>doesn't include gender stratification, homophobia or racism

So it's bog standard fantasy?
>>
Honestly the best thing about this setting has done is reminded me that my homebrew setting needs not only discrimination (which I already had) but also notes on current military endeavors. Just about every shitty setting teaches me something I can apply to my own to make it better.
>>
>>54458751
Because like a lot of royal marriages, the Cloud King Husbands are a purely political marriage, and a lot of the time they aren't even gay, just... married, in a power sharing agreement that arose in the far past as a way for the position created by an early Gay King who set up the Second King position for his lover to continue perpetually and allow Noble Family A and Noble Family B to both have "the throne" without regular civil wars?
>>
>>54458731
>successfully advancing a storyline grants you a bonus to the magic artifact you found

I am entirely okay with this.
>>
>>54453975
>need racism for muh immersion
sure dude
>>
File: hum.jpg (47KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
hum.jpg
47KB, 200x200px
>>54463541
>Implying Mercer thought of something that logical instead of REPRESENTATION
>>
>>54463562
who are you quoting? nowhere does it say that
>>
>>54463541
No way Matt thought like that, you actually believe the kings aren't gay? He wouldn't have mentioned them if they weren't.

He can only pander nowadays.
>>
>>54449178
>Watched CR when it first started on twitch
>Was enjoyable enough
>Fanbase was absolutely terrible calling themselves "critters" and mailing the cast hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of shit
>Matt mentions how bad he wants a colossal red dragon
>They legit buy him two like a week later
>Do my best to ignore them
>Actual game really starts picking up with some great moments
>That entire Briarwoods arc
>That Kevdak fight
>That first dragon fight
>Suddenly falls off
>Every dragon fight has the dragons being braindead
>Guys die and are resurrected over and over with the whole cast getting sad as if there's a chance they won't be successfully resurrected
>Fetch quest after fetch quest
>After killing Thordak they have to track down Raishan
>They do so immediately with no problem and kill her
>It's obvious Matt is taking it easy on them with most of the encounters
>Fetch quests, long boring encounters, and forced drama forever

I wish it had stayed good. I really do. How did a seemingly world ending dragon team up turn out so lame?
>>
Not much of a fan of Critical Role but seeing a few episodes, I wish my players had half the agency to steer the story as the players in CR does. Like the assualt in the duergar camp with their carpet and flying shit is something my players would never do. They're too two-dimensional in their plans.
>>
>>54458751
I honestly want to see the method of succession. Might be neat. Maybe whenever one dies the other picks a new second king or some such. It's probably not a genetic based succession for obvious reasons, so they've got to have a contingency if both die at once.
>>
>>54463633
Not in those exact terms, no. But a Vestige of Divergence is a magic item, and the sidebar is literally telling the GM what kind of storyline beat the player should be rewarded for experiencing with a tick up on the magic item's power level. If you look up the thread, there's like 3 pages worth of them, and they all have three levels of magic effects.
>>
>>54463877
>3 levels
Yeah and they are pretty generic artifacts with pretty bland abilities. But the sidebar doesn't say they have to beat a storyline, it literally says it depends on the character and its motivation, and its meant to be used once a player overcomes its fears/issues or make a sacrifice.

Nowhere in that sidebar does it say anything about following the DM's railroad.
>>
>>54463932
>overcome personal flaw to accomplish something
>get beat up by either personal rival or Big Bad
>watch another PC or important NPC die
>find out You Are the Chosen One
>beat personal rival or Big Bad
>Breaking Bad

These are all stoyline advancement, dude, even if they aren't railroady ones.
>>
>>54464053
>These are all stoyline advancement, dude
How are they storyline advancements? How would those events influence Kvarn, the Conclave, Duergar, Thordak, etc?
>>
>>54455259
Laura father is Filipino and Sam is...something.
>>
>>54456144
>Thrown arms master

I've always wanted to play someone in 5e that chucked javelins like a D2 Javazon but the base game doesn't really support the thrown weapons into melee style which was disappointing.
>>
So is this shit out already or is this just a prerelease leak?
>>
>>54464106
PERSONAL STORYLINE. You get rewarded with a weapon upgrade for putting in the minimum effort of having a personal storyline.
>>
>>54464301
You never said anything about personal storylines, anon.
>>
>>54464328
I just said A storyline. Not my problem that you can't infer from context that I meant personal and not world shattering.
>>
>>54464343
Well since we are in a setting thread, talking about the DM's book. Yes, it is logical to assume you mean the DM's storyline.
>>
>>54449178
>>Tal'Dorei isn't a setting that tries to be "historically accurate"

nah
>>
>>54449178
I actually agree.

Unless you have players you known well and are playing an austically realistic fantasy setting, its usually just easier to ignore racism/sexism/social stratification and focus on the adventuring. In my experience, most players just don't want to deal with that kind of baggage.
>>
>>54457736
Where is Craven's Edge?
>>
Dont know about the rest of the setting, but he made thw right call there. The SJW option would be to include discrimination so they could all harbor and fuel their persecution conflicts.
>>
>>54464891
This

also
>The Scholarly Elite of the Erudite Quarter like to pretend they are too enlightened to succumb to bigotry, their wealth and power allows them to leave their own prejudices unexamined

He clearly knows whats up
>>
>>54465051
he clearly knows about white priviledge?
>>
>>54455144
>meritorious underling
Julius Caesar adopted Augustus posthumously as a contingency because he had no male heir, Augustus adopted Tiberius only after all his actual worthy sons died and made a big deal about how he didn't want to give the Empire to Tiberius but essentially had no choice. Tiberius adopted Caligula because they were both depraved perverts and Tiberius thought giving this loony little shit the purple would fuck over all the Romans who hated him. After that you have the rest of the Julio-Claudians be assassinated. The Flavians were a regular dynasty. So, who exactly are you talking about?
>>
>>54451179

>Kingdom with two wedded kings
>They both impregnate many women
>The sons fight to the death until there is only one survivor from each family
>They marry and become the new kings
>>
File: the-five-good-emperors-2-638.jpg (72KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
the-five-good-emperors-2-638.jpg
72KB, 638x479px
>>54465222
The ones that had a good lineage until one of them fucked it up by actually having a son.
>>
File: Gravital_reaction.png (351KB, 639x731px) Image search: [Google]
Gravital_reaction.png
351KB, 639x731px
>>54454078
Ah yeah?
>>
>>54460504
I mean it sounds like the writers accidentally described themselves and didn't realize it. I know I'm prejudiced, I have to work at it.
>>
>>54465585
Pius looks like a cool dude. Would make friends with.
>>
File: 1489039594646.jpg (140KB, 1199x939px) Image search: [Google]
1489039594646.jpg
140KB, 1199x939px
>>54454658
You're right!
This makes it even worse!
>Emon/LA is the capital of an ideal America
LA is a cultural Jackson Polluck painting with some of the worst financial disparity in the U.S.
I hope his "Elves" are incidentally obsessed with gunpowder, dragons, and opium like some shitty early 20th century stereotypical representation of Asians.

Better observation:
>What race is responsible for the gang culture of "Emon"?
>>
File: DFW1zaFUMAArb7e.jpg (85KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFW1zaFUMAArb7e.jpg
85KB, 900x1200px
>>54449178
https://twitter.com/milapajamas/status/888816403049992195

New comic announced, the first issue seems to be about how the twins met Keyleth.

Written by Colville though, which is confusing because he hates the show.
>>
>>54466539
>that picture
Why do all three characters look like Mercer?
>>
>>54464781

In a pocket dimension. The adventures in the guide take place after the 1 year break.
>>
>>54466539
>your dnd game gets so big that they make comics of your characters/campaign

Man, say what you want about CR (I know I've definitely talked some shit) but that's the fucking dream.
>>
>>54449178
critical role is shit
>>
File: 1339098215147.jpg (50KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1339098215147.jpg
50KB, 406x364px
>>54449178
As someone who actually likes the show I have to say this setting is pretty shitty. I've taken tons of writing classes in college and the number one thing they tell you is that conflict is the most important part of the story.

When the world is devoid of conflict it loses so much potential interest and depth. If I don't care about the world then why would I care about it's problems? This feel good bullshit is so unrealistic, even for a fantasy setting. Imagine how much more dull the Witcher or Souls universe would be without its serious issues that add actual depth to the world that bring up questions about the real world.
>>
>>54466904
I feel like Matt is banking on the idea that the world is relatively perfect and peaceful, so all the conflict comes from shit like the dragons attacking. Otherworldly "big" threats vs common everyday conflict.

Not saying that's a good thing, but I feel like that's the logic going on here.
>>
>>54466720
>your dnd game gets so big that they make comics of your campaign
>the fucking dream
You aim too low, that ain't my dream.
>>
>>54467159
yeah i definitely see his reasoning, but i think he doesn't get that
1. if the world is boring, let it burn
2. the conflict would be so much better if you had to deal with other people's/country's bullshit to try and work together
>>
>>54467159
Please tell me what "common everyday conflict" occurs.
What nations are at war with each other? What nations are recovering from wars? What nations are on unfriendly terms? What classes of people are regularly treated like shit? What classes of people have too much power for their own good? What current changes in the economic, social, or racial climate are occurring? Where the fuck even are the national boundaries of Tal'Dorei?
I'll tell you. None. Because Tal'Dorei is like the Federation before DS9, all conflict is the result of a few assholes with badwrong thoughts acting on the fringe of society.
>>
>>54467159

That's fine for your own personal campaign, since you're the GM and can thow in whatever threats you like. It's a terrible idea for a published setting.
>>
>>54467159
This anon is right
>>54467243

You can do both, every day conflict AND a dragon attacking
>>
>>54449941
I like it
>>
>>54467581
I'm indifferent to it.
But the fans, now those I can't stand.
>>
>>54467530
but WHAT everyday conflict? this anon >>54467364 hit the nail on the head. if everyone is hunky dory with each other then what is there to fight about? any territory disputes? any religious disputes?
>>
>>54467668
It's funny to me that Mercer's setting is so idyllic when his friend Colville made an entire video that starts with "Are the nations in your setting currently at war? If not, why not?" pointing out that war is like a physical law to people, we tend towards it unless acted upon by another force.
>>
>>54467364
That was my point, he favors big threats and doesn't include everyday conflict. I guess I worded it poorly.
>>
>>54467793
Colville constantly makes videos shitting on Critical Role and how he could DM it better, so that's nothing really new.

Critical Role as a game, and Mercer's DMing, are far from perfect. But if Colville thinks he can do such a better job, he needs to quit making passive-aggressive videos and start his own stream.
>>
>>54467832
>But if Colville thinks he can do such a better job, he needs to quit making passive-aggressive videos and start his own stream.
No he doesn't. We don't need another Critical Role.
>>
>>54467832
>and Mercer's DMing, are far from perfect.
What's wrong with his DMing?
>>
>>54468156
Nothing. But its a show so he has to railroad the party quite a lot.
>>
>>54468200
>railroad
I see this accusation constantly, along with people stupid enough to think the entire show is scripted, but neither are true. He has a very meticulously planned narrative and the party has no interest in deviating from it, because they're all actors, they pick up on the cues the DM gives them and play along with what makes the most interesting story. If they didn't want to play along Matt would allow for all kinds of shit. In fact in Talks Machina he often discusses all the shit they unknowingly avoided
>>
>>54468271
>and the party has no interest in deviating from it,
Orion tried and he got kicked. Matt is a tyrant
>>
>>54468328
>Orion tried and he got kicked. Matt is a tyrant
Hahaha are you that fucking clueless?
Aside from metagaming to fuck, blatantly cheating with sorcery points, and being suspected of fudging rolls, the dude also attacked fans for making tshirts of his character because he claimed it was his intellectual property, when drunk (or high) he apparently tried hitting on Matt's girlfriend, and the dude also got diagnosed with cancer and HIV at the same time leading him to abuse hard drugs.
>>
>>54468379
Not an argument.
>>
>>54468414
Lel if you can't handle being wrong don't even bother
>>
>>54468491
His personal life isn't an argument dude.
>>
>>54468544
Riiiight.
So metagaming, cheating on a fucking livestream, and possibly lying about rolls wasn't part of the reason to kick him off the show
So attacking fans for making fan content of his character wasn't part of the reason to kick him off the show
Hitting on the DMs girlfriend wasn't part of the reason to kick him off the show
The fact he went completely off the fucking rails and became an asshole to everyone because he was depressed about his diagnosis and abusing hard drugs wasn't part of the reason to kick him off the show

No, no all of that is irrelevant except for the parts that directly relate to the game sessions, or the people participating in them, ie all of it , no, the real clincherwas that he didn't do what the DM wanted in game, even though there are weekly discussions in which the DM talks about what the party did to surprise him and deviate from what he had planned.
>>
>>54468664
>the real clincherwas that he didn't do what the DM wanted in game
This.
>>
>>54468271
I dont think its bad thing. some retards just think too much railroad is bad gming.

I enjoi the show. Just pointed out what people find "bad"
>>
>>54468414
>Not an argument.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/argument
>>
>>54469110
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

don't ever use that trash dictionary again
>>
>>54469141

Saying a dictionary is trash without providing a reason is a poor argument
>>
>>54469191
click the link?? if you are too dumb to get it you are too dumb to engage in a conversation with me, so next time you make a post, I expect someone demonstrating his 120+ IQ, otherwise you get no reply from me

heard me?
>>
>>54469208

You seem very upset
>>
Am I the only one who thinks this would be great to run an evil campaign in?
>>
>>54469324
>matt
>evil
lol
>>
>>54453120
i thought Aldis were the Wal-Marts of Europe
>>
>>54469324
Like a Sunday morning Villain campaign where the Villains win?..

DO IT
>>
>>54469424
No, they're just regular supermarkets instead of that American madness.
They do let you buy into nobility though, duchess is on sale next week.
>>
File: upset.jpg (125KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
upset.jpg
125KB, 800x720px
Why does anyone even like Critical role and associated garbage? The SJW shit is just the cherry on top.
>>
>>54472142
we don't like it, don't let the summerfaggots convince you otherwise
>>
>>54472142
Were you in any of the Critical Role threads? No one said it was good. Most of the conversation was complaining about particular players and their acting
>>
File: DQ4 Heroine2.jpg (60KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
DQ4 Heroine2.jpg
60KB, 620x400px
>>54449178
I think you're all looking at this the wrong way.

I could get behind 2 wedded kings... if they did it because they felt that women had no place in leadership and were patriarchal to a fault. Perhaps the marriage is in name/title only, they do this so that only men will ever be in charge. The kings have concubines and such to produce actual heirs, but again those women have no legitimate claim to the throne.

What you think of them apples?
>>
>>54463730
>How did a seemingly world ending dragon team up turn out so lame?
Because it stopped being a game and became a show?
>>
>>54464781
It's not a vestige. Just a demon blade
>>
>>54466539
>Written by Colville though, which is confusing because he hates the show.
Since when? He said doesn't keep up with it but I don't think I've heard him say he hates it.
Also, he's Liam's and Mercer's buddy
>>
>>54468156
He's not great at running encounters.
>>
>>54451179

What kind of question is THAT, shitlord?!?!

You don't have to be a WOMAN to have a ba...

*snrk*

Okay, I can't finish it with a straight face. It's too stupid.
>>
>>54474130
He was fine until he switched over to having only one giant sack of HP as the opposition
>>
>>54474130
he is only good at acting

he can't built settings or worldbuild either, he can't make non-broken homebrew classes. He literally can't do anything besides acting.
>>
>>54449178
Sounds like shit op
>>
>>54465703
Go home Gravitals.
>>
>>54474277
Devil's Advocating here, but: the setting is fine for providing a super-generic D&D(tm) experience. It's not exactly worse for that than FR but has a much lower entry point lore-wise
>>
>>54474396
>the setting is fine for providing a super-generic
not fine then
>>
>>54474417
Then neither is Greyhawk or FR or Dragonlance back in the day. And given the popularity of latter two, you're just an elitist shit
>>
>>54474435
If he can't be creative then he is shit at it
>>
>>54449178
ITT: Fa/tg/uy ressentiment at a bunch of "outsiders" making their hobby more popular in the span of 2 years than they ever did in the span of decades.
>>
>>54456387
Fuck percy, I've hated his character since day one. Always felt like he did bonkers damage compared to everyone and he can just do everything because he was a closeted nerd in whitestone.

and he just does fucking checks for everything. really breaks my immersion in the story. If it wasn't for grog and scanlan, the show would for the most part be unwatchable.
>>
>>54474565
Sure, don't address any of the criticism.
You have no arguments anyway.
:^)
>>
>>54474613
Personally, I find CR overrated & bland save for some fun voice acting. But the amount of vitriol directed towards it seems slightly incommensurate to me.
>>
>>54474795
This, I personally find CR to be utter shit too. There is really nothing saving it.
>>
>>54474567

I agree, fuck Percy. Taliesin has fucking weirdo creepster hands and he gets Parkinson's every time he picks up the dice.

When Grog Gallager'd Percy's head in the last battle royale was probably my favorite moment in the whole series. Taliesin's assblasted state for the rest of that ep was the best period.
>>
>>54449178
Sounds like a bunch of virtue signaling bullshit. Table top settings are what the players of that setting put into it. And I guess its popular to throw Game of Thrones under the bus now so go ahead and mention that even though it has nothing to do with the setting.

>this isn't pandering

oh hell yeah it is because the person decided to put out some press release stating this crap so that fans of this garbage can feel good about themselves for supporting such trite bullshit.
>>
>>54473757
I like the way you think. But can the two kings still have hawt butsecks that cause thunderstorms?
>>
>not having two kings because having a queen is for pussies
>>
>>54475089
No, no, having pussies is for queens
>>
>>54475089
>implying they don't do a holy spit roast of all the concubines and wives they share.
>>
File: lastwitchhunter.jpg (116KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lastwitchhunter.jpg
116KB, 720x1080px
>>54466720
Small time.
>>
>>54465308
Underrated response. I'd actually accept this as an explanation in a game.
>>
Any top sperg moments to recommend to someone who's only seen a little Critical Role? I want to see how bad it gets.
>>
>>54475504
It doesn't explain why two kings in the first place or why they marry.
>>
>>54475507
Sure thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JweRpzsCiGo&t=680s

start at 11:20
Basically in the last episode a minor villain fell off a 1000ft cliff, they saved him but he dropped a 1500gp diamond that Vex (black haired woman) has just located on her broom using Find Object.
This is one of the stupidest fucking things Keyleth has done and perfectly summarise her refusal to pay attention, her desire to be centre of attention, her inability to learn her fucking spells, and her willingness to blame things on others. She's a 17th level druid and she has beast shape just so you know
>>
>>54466720
>having someone else play your character

Maybe for you, cuck.
>>
File: 1463696136028.jpg (19KB, 226x262px) Image search: [Google]
1463696136028.jpg
19KB, 226x262px
>>54475601

>someone else making a comic about things my character already did somehow means they are playing my character
>>
>>54474396
Super generic doesn't require a setting at all. Just filling in the baseline stuff as you go is enough.
>>
Lotta buttmad faggots that are too jealous because no one watches their games in this thread I see.

Don't hate those that are succesful just beacuse you could never measure up.
>>
>>54475507
Watch the entirety of episode 27. Even people who love the show consider that the absolute worst episode of the series. It's almost entirely a shopping episode, combined with fuckin Orion running around and doing excessively lengthy errands on his own while everyone just sits there irritated. By the episode, he's pissed everyone off and made at least one gross comment about one of the women, and Travis looks about ready to jump the table and kill him. It's awkward as fuck to watch.
>>
>>54474567
>Always felt like he did bonkers damage compared to everyone
It's just fighter damage. His pistol is either d8 or d10 and his rifle does more per hit but eats twice as many attacks
>>
>>54475052
don't see why not
>>
>>54476319
they're watched cause they are celebrities, get some no names hosting, DM'ing, and playing and they'll have nothing, at least to start, if they're interesting enough they'll garner an audience

but yes, already being famous helps a lot
>>
File: manual-of-the-planes-4e-cover1.jpg (30KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
manual-of-the-planes-4e-cover1.jpg
30KB, 323x450px
>>54449178
Not sure what to think of it. I may not be a fan of Critical Role but I am Interested in giving it a bit of a skim.

I'm a sucker for setting books.
>>
>>54478115
Were they celebrities before the show though? Because I only started watching (from the beginning) a few weeks ago and I honestly had no idea who any of them were aside from Ashley, and I only knew her from Blindspot. As far as I'm concerned, it was a bunch of random no names on screen playing and DMing.
>>
>>54478731
Travis, Laura and Matt are pretty big names in VA industry. Liam and Sam I think used to be and now are mostly sound directors. Marisha and Orion are literal nobodies
>>
>>54467364
Anon >>54467159 is essentially saying there is no common everyday conflict, all the small evils have given up and all the big evils are unambigiously defeatable through force with no negative consequences.

This is a deliberately noblebright setting. It has as much right to exist as WH40k and is equally open to criticism, but you can't deny there's a demand for that sort of thing. If stuff like the Briarwoods takeover of Whitestone isn't normal in the setting it can let the players feel more heroic doing stuff that in something like Ravenloft would be fairly mundane
That being said, the Crit Role team, VM, suffers from having only one lawful member, and it's Percy who is far too timid to set any resistance to Vax and Keyleth. So we get a campaign whose moral compass is so sacharinne and such an afterthought in an already all-good setting, all the entertainment comes from how the neutrals like Grog, Scanlan and Vex abuse the purity of the world.

Would be hilarious if they eventually broke the setting and it turned into something Neutralbright.
>>
>>54460748
>difference between "cant imagine" and "dont care"
If you didn't care, you wouldn't continuously post threads bitching about it.
>>
>>54449178
Critical role is garbage for people who think they are 'nerdy' for following Felicia Day on twitter.
>>
>>54479387

Saying "You actually really care about this thing NEENERNEENER!" is a flaccid, pathetic argument. Almost as pathetic as trying to call him a bigot because he doesn't want his fantasy settings to appeal more to 21st century intersectional feminist sensibilities than real human experience.
>>
>>54478844
>Liam o brien
>not a big name in VA
>>
>>54479194
And even Grog and Scanlan have been neutered. When's the last time Scanlan and Grog went to a brothel and it wasn't quietly swept aside?
>>
>>54458751

Because Matt fan of the awful series The Magicians where the rulers in not!Narnia get one straight marriage and one gay marriage.
>>
>>54458751
Because its only discrimination when cis white male goyim do it.
>>
>>54463541

Even though royal marriages are "political," you were still expected to treat your wife like a wife and put babies in her. That's the point of marriages. Without any sort of romantic/sexual dimension, it's just a dual monarchy, which requires zero marriage. Even a symbolic marriage (which is the closest thing to making sense this bullshit can do) would be meaningless because it's not like they're going to be in love (unless by chance they are in fact gay [unless all giant kings are gay?]) or make children together and have some sort of shared stake in the future.
>>
>>54449178
Anyone got a link for stealing this shit to at least get a glance over it?
>>
>>54453120
As someone that started with grimdark WHFRP I think that this setting is short interpretation step from oppressive tyrannical kind of utopia.

Mind readers are common to a point where light mind reading is considered normal.
Mind reading is also used in most trial as proof of trustworthiness of witness. And I personally find this idea abhorrent, where I live we outlawed "lie detectors" without express consent of accused and I think that for good reason.
Also no government should be able to read your thoughts. It is "unethical" to do it against will of other but I think that "reasonable needs of state" may at some point triumph over personal freedom.

Also people have no say in any form of government.
Nobles that rule the land are chosen by some kind of magical artifact based on it's wishes. If magical device does not like you because REASON, then public service is no for you. Go back to your farm peasant.
While king is chosen by other magical trinket based on other set of REASONS, as people are to stupid to govern themselves. That trinket is also said to have magical connection to all people in the kingdom and can drain their life force if it wanted. Plus it was created in or shortly after the time of uber-evil witch-kings. Surely it will never drain life from biggest kingdom in the known world and empower some crazy ass sorcerer that made the blueprints.

And if you think that "strange women living in ponds distributing swords is base for a system of government", them it is magical reeducation camps for you, without upper time limit. Of course "magical mind altering" is voluntary, but you will not leave our love camp if you do not reform your bad ways of thinking.

Sure people have nice lives, but it is live of slaves under a benevolent master.
>>
>>54482692
3rd link on google when you search "Tal'Dorei PDF"
>>
>>54483033
>Doesn't know the government can read all his thoughts RIGHT NOW without him knowing.
>Believes the government would ever allow lie detectors to be outlawed without having first found a more covert way of reading your brain.
>Thinks the common man has ever had any say in any form of government.
>Doesn't recognise the presence of alignments in DnD is specifically there to make the notion of dictated objective morality and ideology natural for our generation.

You have a nice life, and it is the life of a slave under a benevolent master.
>>
>>54483033
>where I live we outlawed "lie detectors" without express consent of accused and I think that for good reason.
More like the reason is, these things don't really tell whether you lie of not and (simplifying) whether you feel bad while answering. Which can mean any amount of anything instead of lies.
And it's not like there aren't whole professions of absolutely cold-hearted liars
>>
>>54463541
yeah but how come it's always guys in charge if there isn't any sexism?
>>
>Writing and Design by Matt Mercer with James Haeck
>Writing and Design by James Hack
>Writing and Design by Hack
>>
>>54489908
Because without sexism there's no affirmative action to place women in charge.
>>
File: PCs.png (470KB, 1080x1536px) Image search: [Google]
PCs.png
470KB, 1080x1536px
>>54488041
You my Anon have just given a great starting point for a UA campaign. Thank-(you).
>>
File: IMG_0095.jpg (749KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.jpg
749KB, 2048x1152px
Bumping with your typical "Critters"
>>
How about the Player Options, i.e the Runechild path, the Juggernaut, and the Way of the Cobalt Soul?
>>
>>54496204
Generally meh.
>>
>>54496305
Thought the Runechild would be stronger desu- multiple reactions and information extraction via the Cobalt Soul might be fun for a one-shot, but I don't see mysel having the patience running it for a while
>>
>>54468664
Actually, it was because Orion has black ancestry and it made Mercer nervous.
Matt is completely okay with being cucked and has let Marissa fuck Tallisen on multiple occasions but when Orion was starting to make a move on her he put a stop to it for fear of her getting addicted to BBC the same way his mother did when he was a kid.

My uncle works at geek and sundry so this information is legit
>>
>>54493622
I'd totally roll seduction on bottom middle tbqh
>>
>>54498168
You sure you don't mean the one roleplaying as Raishan on the left?
>>
File: 1491140448691.jpg (97KB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
1491140448691.jpg
97KB, 350x510px
>>54468379
>there are people who care this much about a shitty rollsplaying show
>>
>>54464374
Jesus you're obtuse.
>>
>>54498315
more like pie-shan
>>
>>54498705
I laughed harder than I should have
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.