[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever have problems in a game with players sharing loot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: LootFrame.jpg (49KB, 479x511px) Image search: [Google]
LootFrame.jpg
49KB, 479x511px
Did you ever have problems in a game with players sharing loot? As DM or as player.
>>
I once played a wizard who, due to bad luck and a THAT GUY, wound up getting basically no loot except some scrolls. At one point we wound up comparing the total GP of our stuff:
>Rogue 103,000
>Paladin 110,000
>THAT GUY Sorcerer 130,000
>Druid 110,000
>Wizard 32,000

The DM rectified this by giving me the resources to create a powerful custom staff worth 75,000. Then the DM allowed THAT GUY to destroy next session.
>>
>>54445732
*destroy the staff next session
>>
>>54445732
Did you murder THAT GUY?
>>
>>54445753
wow, fuck that guy.

I once joined a campaign where the GM told me, in an e-mail, to make a PC who was level 10 with 1,250 gold worth of equipment.

I said this seemed a bit low. It was, I was assured, a low-power campaign.

So, I show up with a horse, armor, a sword, and a few sundries necessary for survival. nothing is magic, or masterwork, but i am ready as a level 10 paladin can be.

The GM promptly had my horse get stuck in the mud, and narrated me getting ready to chop it's head off with my axe.

I protested.

Another player narrated his own character's arrival, on a pegasus. in "resplendent fineries" With a +5 holy avenger. and a horn that summoned legions of barbarians to do his bidding. He used them to pull my horse out of the mud. he was, i found out, a barbarian himself.

He was also, evidently, a castle-owning monarch who built bridges in his spare time.

Players #3 and 4 were similarly equipped, as they had both been playing with the game master for "a few years".

I quit after the third session without any loot, or objective, at all.
>>
I remember I was playing in a campaign with a rogue who was simply better than a lot of us. We didn't really know much about the game and she did, so she was able to optimize her character to a far greater extent. Because of this she ended up getting a lot of the loot, and for RP reasons she never shared much, if any, with the rest of us. Led to a great moment where my dumb country boy farmer lucked his way through a puzzle and got a large reward. He gave most of it to the rest of the party. "What am I going to do with 500 GP? I've already got a great sword and solid armor." It set up a change of perspective for her character, because no one had ever been generous to her before, and so she'd learned never to share.

Just a cool roleplay moment.
>>
>>54445996
Was this IRL or online? Where you at? Was she gay or bi?
>>
>>54446211
This was IRL. And she was and still is dating the DM.
>>
>>54445485
My groups often did Ok. The biggest loot-related issue I recall was one game the GM would hand out loot no one but me could use, but due to my build and certain things, it was never proper upgrades or I had no use for it.

If I was the problem or the GM is debatable, but everyone decided to just blame me and more or less ban me from getting loot except for hand-me-downs.
>>
>>54445732
>>54445753

Why? Was he roleplaying a schoolyard bully?
>>
>>54445485
No but i might have soon because im playing a system where skill magazines give temporary values. I cant let those vanish so they ll toss them around which means ill have to keep track of who used what and so on
>>
>>54446375
>DM gives everything to his GF
Door!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.