[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here ever play this? What are your thoughts and opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gloomhaven.jpg (37KB, 355x341px) Image search: [Google]
gloomhaven.jpg
37KB, 355x341px
Anybody here ever play this?

What are your thoughts and opinion on it?

Board game geek is masturbating all over it, but they also think Pandemic Legacy is literally the greatest game of all time so their opinion is pretty retarded for the most part.
>>
>>54442969
Pandemic Legacy is actually pretty good, so I'm not sure I want to give you my opinion on Gloomhaven. It's shit.
>>
>>54443006

>Pandemic Legacy is actually pretty good

Pandemic is a shit game on the whole and legacy elements don't improve an already shit game.
>>
>>54442969

Kind of fiddly, but on the whole it is better than the sum of its parts.

People seem to be focused on spoilers and shit for it which is pretty stupid, the story is pretty trivial and the bulk of the game is tactical combat using cross table talk and hand management.

Fun game, but get an insert for it or else the set up will take too much time to keep it out on the table. Without a set-up like Meeple Realty or Broken Token offering (or even making your own with foam or something) you are looking at about 20-30 minutes to set things up with all the bits and bobs.

With an insert it drops down to under ten minutes for a tear down of an old mission and set-up of a new mission allowing for multiple game sessions a night without much stress or hassel for a good game. It really takes a game that is a once in a while thing because of set-up chore to no problem to gaming routinely.

I think the Meeple Realty one is better, personally because the bits and bobs are better organized and there is a cover for all the stuff so it can be stored horizontally on a shelf and stay together.
>>
>>54442969
Should i buy this or should i wait till the end of Kingdom Death Monster to spend my money better?
>>
>>54442969
>>54443063
>t. people who struggle on Standard difficulty
>>
It's fucking hard. Or maybe we're stupid. One of those two.
>>
>>54442969
I don't understand the point of paying all this money for a fantasy legacy game, just play an rpg. if you really want to play a boardgame, just play the original box set of WHFRP 3rd Edition, it's close enough.
>>
>>54442969
Die you ameritrash hamburger eatinng bich just die horrible death ...

1 - Pandemic is good
2 - Gloomhaven is GREAT
3 - hamubrger and niggers wont know good boardgame even if it hits them on the head
>>
Gonna play it tomorrow for the first time ever. I wanna play the Cragheart, Mindthief or Tinker. How fucked will I be?
>>
>>54446575
>friends love co-op RPG board games
>half of the friends don't want to play an actual RPG
help what do
>>
>>54442969
Got at least 100 hours out of it, the vast majority of them being enjoyable. You need, NEED, a group that can meet regularly. It took us several months to finish the campaign playing 1-2 scenarios a week and 4-5 scenarios for a few weekends. If you can't get four regulars, having people play multiple characters is perfectly acceptable (there was just two of us playing two characters each most of the time).

Ignore anyone telling you its a legacy game -- stickers are used either to
a) keep track of campaign progress (completely irrelevant to gameplay)
b) upgrade character cards permanently, meaning if you roll the same class again it will start better (we never came close to this, and the upgrades are incredibly expensive anyway).

>>54446575
The card system isn't going to be found in a traditional roleplaying game or any other dungeon crawler for that matter. Not mention you forgot the need for a DM.
>>
>>54443768
Focus on kdm
>>
>CtrlF
>"Seafall"
>0 of 0
You filthy bastards
>>
>>54443768
If you're getting KDM focus on KDM.

If you're poor or unlucky you can settle for second best.
>>
>>54452373
Being poor is not a problem thanks to the kickstarter.
>>
>>54452115
How is seafall? I agreed to fill the last seat and I want to know what i'm in for.
>>
>>54443768
As someone who owns both, and has about 150-200 hours in each, they're both really fantastic but they're quite different in execution. Gloomhaven is, at it's heart, a very tight cooperative eurogame with some good low-key lore and worldbuilding gluing it all together. Kingdom Death, on the other hand, is more of an RNG sandbox that spits out fantastic and horrible stories and you're very much along for the ride.

Gloomhaven is definitely the better game, but KD:M is the better experience. And if you're looking for paintable minis, there's really only one choice.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.