[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Savage Worlds ? Especially that fucking health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: SW_LOGO_24bit.png (178KB, 550x297px) Image search: [Google]
SW_LOGO_24bit.png
178KB, 550x297px
How do we fix Savage Worlds ? Especially that fucking health system that makes no sense
>>
>>54441019
You'll have to go into more detail. Does it make no sense to you because something is broken, or are you just retarded?
>>
>>54441019
Health system works fine, what're you talking about?
>>
>>54443184
>wounds make no sense
It's the latter.
Savage Worlds general?
>>
>>54443204
Maybe. Depends on if the anti-SW autist is on patrol right now. (assuming he's not the OP)
>>
What do you guys think of the Shaken change? It's not exactly recent but I haven't exactly been in many games since it happened. Personally, I like it but it really weakens Spirit as there's less incentive to pump it to get the raise.
https://www.peginc.com/shocking-shaken-shake-up/
>>
>>54443204
>Every character has a three wound capacity
>Each wound inflicts a cumulative -1 to Pace and Trait tests
>Once a character has their three wounds, any extra wounds take them out of the fight

It's pretty straight forward really.
>>
>>54443280
I don't think it weakens Spirit, since in certain genres you need it a ton (horror, using certain arcane backgrounds).

>>54443291
Exactly. The guy I was replying to was asking whether the guy was retarded, I was just stating I believed he was indeed a giant sped.
>wounds affect Pace too
>I didn't realise this
Well stick me on the fucking short bus next to him
>>
>>54443280
Well the biggest argument for the new rules is your only supposed to have three states Shaken, Wounded, dead. Having Not Shaken but unable to act it's sort of a limbo between shaken and acting normally.
>>
Nerf toughness big time
>>
>>54444314
Vigor is balanced IMO. Yes Toughness is hard to raise against sometimes but wound penalties are harsh and Vigor also governs no skills, so high amounts early on will stunt skill growth.
>>
>>54443280
It's fine.
>>
File: IMG_1547.jpg (90KB, 736x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1547.jpg
90KB, 736x938px
Should I make any adjustments to strength to compensate for settings that are more gun oriented?
>>
>>54444834
You're going to get caught up in melee combat eventually. I would keep a d6 just so I'm not stuck with 2d4 damage in emergency situations.
>>
>>54444899
No I meant from a game master's perspective. Should I make changes to the rules for settings that lean more heavily into firearm use?
>>
>>54441019
I once came up with a damage system for savage worlds that I later learned was fairly similar to how shadowrun does it. Think i have the document if anyone gives a fuck. Used to be a challenge between me and a bud to port hp to savage worlds for some reason (I like the thematics of death by a thousand cuts).

>>54443280
I reacted to change poorly, still think it has flaws especially since I enjoyed the mechanic of shaking things that are already shaken but not hardy. I'm giving it a go in the next game I run (soon tm, check r20 for royal road wardens in a few says if you're up for some powder fantasy because I might as well plug it. you're the rando or two if the thought of playing with other people from r20 intimidates your senses).

My concern is less about spirit and more about combat reflexes completely substituting the attribute on any non-social character. At least as it relates to pcs.

>>54443320
I learned that wounds affected pace the day after a pc died in my first game. He wouldn't have been in the blast radius if only I knew.

>>54444834
I don't think so. Just keep carry weight in mind. At least keep combat kit encumbrance in mind (track only what you're combat inventory will be, I find its a nice compromise between tracking everything and not (and thus removing the balancing factor of weight), assume everything else is dropped the second initiative is rolled unless specified otherwise) .
>>
>>54445328
I'm already in your game Billy ;)
>>
>>54445580
shh I'm trying to get free marketing here.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.