[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there some kind of guide for GM-ing? I don't just mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Ork_Warboss_with_Group.jpg (143KB, 960x632px) Image search: [Google]
Ork_Warboss_with_Group.jpg
143KB, 960x632px
Is there some kind of guide for GM-ing? I don't just mean the active gaming portion, but also the preparation aspects?
>>
Most good GM's Guides for modern systems will include that kind of information alongside the rules stuff.
>>
Experience is the best teacher for things like this.
>>
>>54432682
Unfortunately the system I'm using is homebrewed, and doesn't come with a guide.

>>54432785
I don't doubt that experience would make you better, but there's got to be some sort of preliminary guide for starting out.
>>
>>54432807
Flexibility is your friend. Prepare loosely, and in broad strokes. What sort of thing are you planning to do? That'll help us help you more
>>
File: 1438722794636.png (85KB, 235x272px) Image search: [Google]
1438722794636.png
85KB, 235x272px
>>54432653
Make characters and give them the kind of motivations that make interesting stuff happen. Vary up how plausible it is for a given character to achieve their goals and impose limitations as needed (as would provide the most interactability on the part of the players). From then on, you can easily branch out and go into as much detail as you like.

Characters are the easiest and most direct way for the players to interact with the world, so it's generally the most important thing to prepare. They are also the easiest way for players to get attached to the world as a whole, so make sure to make them likeable in their own way, even the antagonists, or else the players simply won't care.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>54432653
Dungeon Master's Block is a great podcast. It's geared towards running D&D from a system-neutral viewpoint, but it's one of the greatest resources for running a Fantasy Campaign. Solid advice, non-autistic hosts, non-annoying voices, great Audio Quality and Format.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.