[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it&

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (628KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
628KB, 800x449px
ITT we talk about TCGs, and group card games. Currently, it's mostly yugioh, but more things are welcome.

Boardgames and tabletops are welcome there too.

incase you ever wanted to know what there is here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

Wanna talk to a bunch of nerds at once?
Here: https://discord.gg/MEGakH3 (currently 13 people in it.)

>What's your main TCGs
>How many have you played?
>What do you wish came back?
>What do you wish had a game?
>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?

Me:
Been playing Final Fantasy at my local nerd shop.
Any one else gotten into it yet?
>>
Really? My name got flopped
>>
Vanguard needs a new game.
>>
1 more selfish bump and if I get nothing oh well
>>
So does anybody here play UFS? I just got the new Street Fighter 2 player set and not sure what other sets would be viable to get along with it. Also how does deckbuilding even begin to work?
>>
Anybody play Doomtown? Either classic or reloaded? Which is best and is it worth getting into?
>>
>>54419402
Is nobleknight still good in yu gi oh?
>>
>>54424465
link format doesnt hurt them since their play is still artorius equip 4. sadly he can still get kaiju'd.
>>
File: 164829576094.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
164829576094.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
I was wondering what TCG i could switch to from magic. I've been playing magic on and off for ten years and I feel the game has just deteriorated. I played the Pokemon TCG and Yu-Gi-Oh and don't like the styles of either. I ask here hoping anyone here can give me advice on what I can play instead, complexity isn't a problem

/endblog
>>
>>54426641
Final Fantasy. As you should be well aware of, don't decide to get into too many anime based card games unless it's got an established well-known company. Naruto did pretty well up to the point that Bandai decided to go full retard and fuck up a lot of cards cause they couldn't agree on what worked well with what.

I don't blame you for not wanting to play Pokemon or Yugioh.

You could also try out dice masters.
>>
>>54426641
Do you want it to be a TCG? Are non-collectible games also good?

I'd recommend Codex. It didn't get much exposure, but it's an amazing game, I have seen 0 negative reviews, and quite many that called it an "MtG killer" (then it floundered because no exposure in a niche hobby).
>>
>>54426691
>people are still shilling this dead gook game
>>
>>54419402
Never played Pokemon TCG, so no scholarship.

Wish Vanguard was bigger, it probably would be if Bushiroad weren't such jews with how many cards are per pack.

If we're talking about games that don't exist, I want an SMT card game. You could do a lot with that, including variations of the same demon based on alternate arts like Persona or redone designs.
>>
>>54426641
Ask around at your local card stores for Vanguard, but don't buy. See how many people play and if there's any tournament shit, then start reading up on rules and working on a deck you can order from online. Starter decks make a decent template, but singles are better than packs.
>>
>>54427228
which game?

>>54427402
you gotta get people into it
>>
>>54427455
>which game?
FFTCG. it looked fun but i mean it didn't really bring anything new to the table other than the IP, and most of the art is just old renders that have been on google images for the past 10 years
>>
>>54427482
our crowd is slowly getting bigger here. Come to find out, there's a store city or 2 over that people have like 20+ people playing. It's huge in Japan but their biggest demographic is in Europe come to find out
>>
>>54427524
maybe i'll give it a second look then. to be honest i don't play mainstream TCGs anyway other than my MTG cube and i haven't even touched that in like a year
my favorite ccg will always be the score dbz ccg but it's dead as fuck
>>
>>54427552
I don't blame you. A lot of animu based games are the ones that always get the boot the fastest cause normally people are in it for the fad.
I've been wanting to get back into dice masters but it's been ruff cause of some shit.

Aside from that I would recommend trying it, if you remember how naruto worked, it's almost reskinned naruto/DBZ
>>
>>54427624
cool i'll check it out, cheers man
>>
So what are the differences between Duel Masters and Kaijudo?
>>
>>54429061
small differences. you don't need to tap the same color of the card you play, you just need to have that color in your mana zone.
>>
>>54426802
Ugh I wanna get Codex so bad because it looks cool and I like Sirlin Games...but it feels like I own too many games that have zero players...(like my Yomi decks)
>>
>>54424465
noble knights have never been good
>>
>>54434030
And Melodious?
>>
Used to play Yugioh but I came to realize it was crap. Tried Magic for awhile but I hate the land system. Vanguard was my game of choice but it went to shit and killed itself after G units. Kaijudo/Duel Masters was pretty dope but it died. Been looking for something with some life ever since.
>>
>>54437443
I would recommend FF, Pokemon, Yugioh and Dice Masters.

More so on FF and Dice Masters. With DM they have around 5 main exp then have like sub exp sets

here look at this (goto products)
https://wizkids.com/dicemasters/
>>
>>54433967
I know that feel. I have all the card images so I could theoretically just print and play it, but I'd still need mats and stuff.
>>
>What's your main TCGs
Magic
>How many have you played?
Magic, yu-gi-oh, pokemon, weis Schwartz, vanguard, force of will, buddyfight, fire emblem cypher, wow tcg, hearethstone.
>What do you wish came back?
i wish cypher comes to the west. And i hope bushiroad realize that buddyfight is actually a really good game and give it the support it deseves.
>What do you wish had a game?
warhammer 40k
>If you've played Pokemon, have you got any scholarship money?
uhhhh no
>>
>tfw new to tcgs
>friends introduce me to some games
>do alright but overwhelmed at mechanics
>they mock me for it
>they also smugly say things like "I know exactly what to do" and shit
>besides that I don't like that it seems if you spend the most money on a deck you win
>we played a few other games but I didn't do well or ubderstand at all
Am I doomed to not play tcgs?
>>
File: cover.jpg (82KB, 177x254px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
82KB, 177x254px
>>54441887
Naa man, your friends are just shit.

YuGiOh, at it's base level for instance, is easy to pick up and play. I like to teach new players by introducing them to mechanics via "eras" Essentially introducing mechanics from the first series, all the way up to current link format [though just buying a link starter deck right now is pretty solid.]

Just take some time, watch some youtube newbie vids, and learn the game for yourself... that's the best thing you can do, maybe pick up a digital version of the game [In YuGiOh's case, Legacy of the Duelist on steam isn't terrible, and each story teaches you base mechanics of each era] but excludes the current format.
>>
>>54442700
Thanks anon but I was more or less ranting and I have the general issue of whoever spends more wins. Does yugioh eliminate that?
>>
>>54442755
Every TCG is "Who spends more, wins."

That being said, there are some very, very solid decks that can be built in YuGiOh for a budget, the shining example right now being Pure Dino which is basically buying 3 of the new Dino Smasher structure decks, and combining them together into a solid 40 card deck. The deck comes with 2 reprints of high valued staple cards in common form that are great field control.

The nature of TCG's are Money=power at the end of the day, but buy smart, and play smart, and you can overcome a lot of that issue in YGO. Not every time, and the game will always be a money sink, but you can still enjoy yourself quite a bit.

If you want to try YuGiOh, I recommend dropping about 60 USD right now, buying 3 dino smasher decks, and 3 Link Strink starters. Link Strike starters will give you a solid core of the new "Link" Monsters as well as a rulebook detailing the newest rules. And the Dino Smasher deck will give you a solid start on a competitive deck.
>>
>>54441887
nah, your friends are just being smug assholes about it. Take it slow anon.

I never expect people to understand it off the bat

>>54442700
>>54442755
Yeah, I will admit, Yugioh tends to get a bit deeper than it needs to be. So many combos, so many summons, when you've been playing it like me since it came out, you start to go "Wow this game is more complicated than it's meant to be"

>>54442919
I remember when they brought out the new Kaiba deck and you could do that shit too. I did it with buying 2 of them. and honestly, spending 30 bucks on them isn't that bad considering my main deck in Nexus is around 110 just for 3 cards I need alone.
>>
>>54442919
I want a qte yu gi oh deck. Not a horrible dinosaur deck
>>
>>54444338
dude the dino deck that's out right now is ridiculously good
>>
>>54444338
The dino deck is worth it for the reprints alone.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.