[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tabletop rpg's will never be as good as they are when I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: pixi.jpg (939KB, 1913x957px) Image search: [Google]
pixi.jpg
939KB, 1913x957px
Tabletop rpg's will never be as good as they are when I fantasize about them. Everytime I get pumped up and ready to play, I show up to meet people IRL only for them to be neckbeards with bad body odor or shitty roleplayers.
>>
>>54415024
Hey that's too bad mate
I really enjoy my games.
Maybe you've just had some bad luck.
Have a good night eh?
>>
File: ICantSeemToUnderstand.jpg (32KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
ICantSeemToUnderstand.jpg
32KB, 450x450px
>>54415024
>be me
>put effort into good story and chars
>expect some quality rp-ing and immersion
>everything is fucked by ego-stroking powergamers or casual fuckwits
>mfw 'I CasT maGik MISssle as tghe DarkNEss gois'
>mfw 'i roll to kill the baron key to the story arc'
>mfw 'im just going to spend 5X longer rolling a character, not on back story, but to optimize my build around a broken mechanic'
>mfw 'is the elf sexy? i roll to fuck'

I don't even know why I DM anymore. Oh, right, I'm the only person I know that can competently do it.
>>
>>54415498
>I know that can competently do it

I know this feel, this is why I never play serious sessions anymore. They're all comedic on the level of Maid RPG. I just gave the fuck up on people.
>>
>>54415024

>Anime poster

Don't lie, you never had a group.
>>
>>54415024
First stop fantasizing, second the world is full of people you dislike, they dislike you too, but you can find good people out there, just do the effort and it will pay off
>>
File: 557.gif (5MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
557.gif
5MB, 512x288px
>get asked why I was missing so many sessions recently
>complain to a fellow player that I'm missing the roleplaying aspect in our game, so I don't feel like playing anymore
>"Oh no, we totally have character play and stuff! We started having sessions from time to time that are nothing but character play!"
>tell him that dedicated fuck-around-a-session events are no substitute for roleplaying during the adventure
>tell him how I want some seriousness in the game
>...
>He proceeds to tell me the story of when they put a giant dick on the watercannon of a roit truck, filled the tank with jizz they stole from a sperm bank and how they shot it on supermodels
>mfw
>>
File: When did it all go so wrong.jpg (214KB, 1280x983px) Image search: [Google]
When did it all go so wrong.jpg
214KB, 1280x983px
>>54415024

>tfw met the perfect group
>tfw everyone is really into the roleplaying, but still knows the rules
>tfw no drama or weirdness between the players
>tfw no one is flaky
>tfw playing constantly for almost 2 years now

I don't deserve this group, but I'm glad I have them.
>>
>>54421782
Ominous choice of picture, but good for you.
>>
>a friend of mine starts GMing
>he's like "I'll show you that funny video on youtube" as a person
>never reads the fucking rulebooks, just skims them and takes out ebin spells to base npcs around them
>extreme GM vs players attitute
>railroader
It's getting harder and harder to look him straight in the face, every time when he tells me that he has a great idea for a campaing and it's going to be totally epic. He's just fucking bad about it, and yet he's really into it.
Last time he bought 50$ of meme dice with numbers writen in comic-sans tier font. He insists on all of us using it because "it will help our immersion".
>>
>>54415024

There are good players out there, it just takes patience to rack up a whole group of them.
>>
>>54421945

And of he can't, then he has to take a long hard look at his own quality as a player.
>>
>tfw group of 8-10 (some are on and off) players
>tfw playing for half a year now, everything's great and fulfilling, everyone's invested in the story
>tfw gonna skip three sessions because I'm visiting my friend abroad for three weeks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.