[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time gm here. I'm setting up a game with some rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: pol designs covers.jpg (53KB, 654x324px) Image search: [Google]
pol designs covers.jpg
53KB, 654x324px
First time gm here. I'm setting up a game with some rather green friends and I had an idea to at least partly base the setting and magic on one of my favourite books growing up, the bartimaeus trilogy.

In the book, most of the world's power rests within an oligarchy of magicians who rule utilizing demon summoning. All magic is performed indirectly through binding demons to items to make them magical and controlling them to do their bidding.

For the game I need to strike a balance. If I followed the setting and rules of the book physical damage to demons by non-demons would be pretty much useless. However, I don't want the demons to essentially be a magic-wielder with extra-steps. I was thinking about something closer to a stand user, but like I said this is my first time creating a game and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.
>>
Bump, fucking loved those books.
>>
>>54409501
they were right fucking neato
Glad I still own all of em and the alright prequel
>>
>>54408705
>If I followed the setting and rules of the book physical damage to demons by non-demons would be pretty much useless.

Silver weapons, my dude. Also magicians can still do minor magic like fireballs and shit, which hurt low or middle-class demons.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.